• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Weaknesses of Roy

Where do you think Roy belongs on a tier list?

• Top 20%

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Top 20%-40%

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Top 40%-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

iX_Martyr_Xi

Smash Rookie
This thread is simple. What are the weaknesses of Roy? What characters does Roy struggle against? Where does Ike have trouble where other characters could do better? What is a bad situation for Roy? (Besides the fact that he doesn't have a projectile.)
I meant to add Top 60%-80% and Bottom 20% to the poll as well.

Already covered:
Has trouble against characters with projectiles.

Last edited:

Vandire

Smash Cadet
Roy, like Marth, is gonna have trouble with someone with projectiles. Swinging at them is fine, but eventually you're gonna have to either approach or your opponent is approaching on you.

Vandire

Smash Cadet
As far as your pool, id say he's in top 10, not sure about top 5, but he's kinda getting there...

Azureflames

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0132-7109-3630
I know a lot of roy's as well as marth's have trouble when it comes to projectiles. Roy in particular struggles in MU's like DK, DDD, and Samus who have strong CC options or grab ranges. I've heard mixed opinions on floaty MU's; I personally don't like them at all.

voted for top 20%. Like vandire said top 10 seems very likely, while some claim top 5. Idk if i'm really qualified enough to say exactly where he is but he definitely has a lot of strength in the meta.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
I think Roy is a solid top 10. The best players think he is even better than that, so I guess with better fundamentals his weaknesses becomes less an issue because you are getting hit less and converting so much better. But yeah, even at my super mid level of play, I think he is top 10.

I think he only got a handful of real hard match ups. But he can be tricky to play because he requires solid match up knowledge I find. Like, how will I deal with bowser, vs Fox vs Lucario vs Zelda is all totally different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom