• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Weaknesses of Bowser

iX_Martyr_Xi

Smash Rookie
This thread is simple. What are the weaknesses of Bowser? What characters does Bowser struggle against? Where does Bowser have trouble where other characters could do better? What is a bad situation for Bowser?

Osmosis124

Smash Cadet
Slow and Fat.
I myself struggle against lucario, falcon, mario, fox, and shiek
Comboing, hitting evasive opponents, approaching, dealing with someone that is grab happy, getting out of combo/strings.
Neutral straight up.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
He struggles against Sheik. I'm a Sheik main, and I'm not being boastful, but I have never come across a Bowser that I have had trouble with as Sheik. Her grabs can lead into some great combos, working especially well against large, heavy characters. This applies to Ganondorf, Donkey Kong, and King Dedede as well.

On the flip side, I always have trouble against light charcters like Sonic and Jigglypuff.

Edit: He doesn't struggle against just Sheik, but characters who rely on grabs and fast combos to get kills. I meant to use Sheik as an example among other characters (Captain Falcon, possibly Sonic, Pikachu, Lucario, etc).

Last edited:

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
Slow and Fat.
Comboing, hitting evasive opponents, approaching, dealing with someone that is grab happy, getting out of combo/strings.
Neutral straight up.
This is the perfect answer. End of discussion, aside from the other characters he struggles with as well like Peach, Sonic, Diddy, Ice Climbers, Link, and more.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Slow, huge and thus easy to combo, not very great at comboing (mostly because he can't get in), the neutral, projectiles, and recovery.

Basically, just about everything except kill power. He's what people claim fox is (he isn't): "Easy to combo with a bad recovery"

Vandire

Smash Cadet
Slow and Fat.
Neutral straight up.
/thread

Arcalyth

GLS | root
his biggest weakness is getting grabbed, easily. In fact, I'd say he has everything he needs to mitigate every other weakness (his size).

Up-B OOS tho.

Gayl0rd

Smash Rookie
Being grabbed, for sure. If you don't have a platform nearby, some characters can chain grab you for extended periods of time if they read your DI correctly.

Top Bottom