• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The WBR presents: "Can't let you do that Starfox!" - A new Wolf guide

D

Deleted member

This guide is pretty helpful. Wolf has been my main since Brawl was released, but I'm just not that great with him. Maybe this will up my game.

Reim

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't it be worth adding that Wolf Flash has a sweetspot, if you hit at the end of it? (Just came to think of it).
Sorry, if this has been mentioned before.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Is there anyone here capable of providing more detailed frame data? Advantage on shield would be of great use.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Is there anyone here capable of providing more detailed frame data? Advantage on shield would be of great use.

Perfectidiot would. Just a question though... what specific thing are you trying to figure out with this information?

D

Deleted member

I had a question about Wolf Flash. How exactly do you cancel it? I've been told just hitting b quickly will stop it, but that doesn't seem to work. Also, is it random that the flash won't work? I swear I wasn't even hitting anything other than side b to recover onto the stage, and he just only leapt forward a bit and fell to his death.

:(

Sumer

Smash Ace
I had a question about Wolf Flash. How exactly do you cancel it? I've been told just hitting b quickly will stop it, but that doesn't seem to work. Also, is it random that the flash won't work? I swear I wasn't even hitting anything other than side b to recover onto the stage, and he just only leapt forward a bit and fell to his death.

:(
B works, I prefer to cancel with downb. If you do it in the first few frames of start up it's a short cancel, if you do it in the last frames of start up it's a long cancel, and you have to press something for it to cancel. Think that's everything,

D

Deleted member

B works, I prefer to cancel with downb. If you do it in the first few frames of start up it's a short cancel, if you do it in the last frames of start up it's a long cancel, and you have to press something for it to cancel. Think that's everything,
Wait, so pressing anything at all will cancel it, or just anything involving B?

Choice

Smash Champion
does pressing downb make a difference as opposed to just pressing b?

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i didnt think so.
when you're using over B to recover if you push down when you're too far away to scar you'll hit the edge then just keep going under the stage and die though.
i dont think it affects cancelling the flash though

Sumer

Smash Ace
Wait, so pressing anything at all will cancel it, or just anything involving B?
Just b stuff. lol

I usually cancel with b, I've never tried down b...
I always cancel with downb. The down part might not have anything to do with the canceling, and all you really need is probably b, but I use the down part more for timing and preference.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
huh, i wonder if pushing down would make a difference then? i just tap B, its muscle memory at this part.

fact: flash cancelling over and over again when you take a stock off of your opponent is an amazingly fun taunt, that or dacus'ing around the stage

Choice

Smash Champion
i'm gonna try out this down b stuff. maybe doing something in between allows you to time it with less effort, which i'm totally down with. who knows?

and i think my taunt is the best taunt =o

Sumer

Smash Ace
i'm gonna try out this down b stuff. maybe doing something in between allows you to time it with less effort, which i'm totally down with. who knows?

and i think my taunt is the best taunt =o
Works for me. lol And I don't really know anyone who can do it as consistently as me with wolf, so I don't think I'm doing it wrong. XD

Just spam B and R at the same time.
You might get lucky with B, but I can't say the same for R. lol

castorpollux

Smash Champion
doesn't really help. spamming b and r hasnt really helped me be more consistent with flash cancelling

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i can just tap B twice at the right time pretty consistantly, (offline that is) to shine cancel, i was doing it last night when my friends were trying to gimp me, if you're really high up and long cancel it you go flying across the screen in wolfs silly free fall XD its amusing but probably a horrible idea

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Perfectidiot would. Just a question though... what specific thing are you trying to figure out with this information?
How much disadvantage Wolf has on a shielded FF Bair, for one. Looking for frame traps.

Sorry for the late response. I forgot about this thread.

D

Deleted member

How do you pull off a DACUS with Wolf? I've heard he's one of the best characters for this technique.

D

Deleted member

same as with any other character. the timing is a bit strict. i switched Z to be attack, it makes it a lot easier
Well, how exactly do you perform a DACUS in general? Someone showed me it a while back, but I forgot how to do it.

I do remember that the few times I got it off in a free for all match, I got a kill each time, haha.

tekkie

Smash Master
Well, how exactly do you perform a DACUS in general? Someone showed me it a while back, but I forgot how to do it.

I do remember that the few times I got it off in a free for all match, I got a kill each time, haha.
dash whatever direction > down on the cstick > up and Z at the same time

Choice

Smash Champion
all the information in here isnt accurate. especially the frame data.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
When are we going to work on cleaning this up? ;_; So much has changed.

Also, hold off on frame data because iirc the Smash Lab is going to re-do frame data for everything pretty soon :o

:059:

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Basically smash research people, collecting data and learning about the game, analyzing etc., I guess?

And to add to what Ish said, I think they're going to be getting solid, accurate, frame data on every character

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I had no idea Wolf could stop the ending lag of the F-air until like a week ago, so mentioning that would be good because that is gamebreakingly good. chaining a purposefully missed Fair into an up-tilt without the lag is awesome.

Also I feel that forward-air is wolf's best 2nd best kill move, though it's usually the easiest to land. Unless I can chain blaster/nair into d-smash or they just like run into the d-smash, fair works better because it beats a lot of moves and people underestimate it's power. Up-tilt is a really good OMG WHY WON'T THIS GUY DIE I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING kill move as well.

Explaining how to cancel the illusion would be helpful (though I read the first 8 pages so I know how to do it now).

Explaining how to glide toss is probably not necessary, but I don't know how to do it, though I can item boost (it's the same as the bombslide with link, right?)

Apparently using downthrow at low% is punishable by every character, that's probably important too.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Yeah... this thing is really outdated at this point, it needs a revamp but I don't have time and idk if any other members have the time either :< And yeah, iirc bombslide = DACIT/item boost.

Fair for most reliable kill move :3

:059:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Bombslides and DACIT/Item boost are the same yes.
Link boards just discovered it a lot earlier, but since nobody cared about Link other people only discovered later and gave it their own name.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Even though I'm an English Major and have a ton of free time and I could revise this to make it sound prettier, I'm not an experienced enough Wolf to re-write anything in this board, just suggest changes and ask questions, such as "Why, OH WHY did I let Star Fox do that?"

Top Bottom