• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Warrior from the Abyss, Hollow Knight Breaks the Seal!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
However, I think a Mii costume is looking very Likely for Knight.... so far both indie fighters that become mii costumes had unique masks.... and Knight fights that very well
Not to mention his own moveset is fairly simplistic and wouldn't be much stretching on a Mii...

zferolie

Smash Hero
Not to mention his own moveset is fairly simplistic and wouldn't be much stretching on a Mii...
Pretty much... I am worried any any indie reps may just become Mii costumes... and I can see it for quite a few. Knight here and Cadence as Mii Swordfighters, and Madeline from Celeste and that guacamelee guy as brawlers... Shantae I could see as maybe a brawler and Reimu as maybe a gunner....

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Pretty much... I am worried any any indie reps may just become Mii costumes... and I can see it for quite a few. Knight here and Cadence as Mii Swordfighters, and Madeline from Celeste and that guacamelee guy as brawlers... Shantae I could see as maybe a brawler and Reimu as maybe a gunner....
I don't mind it so much for the Knight because there is always Hornet. That's a character with moves not so easily Miied, as is Shantae. Such an intricate spirit battle she got gives me faith that Sakurai knows she is not so simple.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I don't mind it so much for the Knight because there is always Hornet. That's a character with moves not so easily Miied, as is Shantae. Such an intricate spirit battle she got gives me faith that Sakurai knows she is not so simple.
That is true, i didn't consider that paart of her spirit battle. I agree that Hornet couldn't be miied either.

Zeb Nasaki

Smash Apprentice
Is weird that cuphead and sans got mii costumes before the knight, while his game released on the switch before undertale and cuphead. Could mean nothing, but there is still hope.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Is weird that cuphead and sans got mii costumes before the knight, while his game released on the switch before undertale and cuphead. Could mean nothing, but there is still hope.
Thing is Undertale was a massive MASSIVE fan hit for ages and Sakurai was a huge fan of it. CUphead may have been tied to the Xbox deal, or also Sakurai was a big fan or respected what the developers had to go through.

Marvel-Otaku-Man

Smash Apprentice
So if the Vessel does end up becoming one of those sick indie costumes, what track of music would you like to come with them? I'd hope for the Sealed Vessel. You know, so we could have the theme of the actual Hollow Knight in the game.

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
So if the Vessel does end up becoming one of those sick indie costumes, what track of music would you like to come with them? I'd hope for the Sealed Vessel. You know, so we could have the theme of the actual Hollow Knight in the game.
I would say Sealed Vessel as well. Maybe Decisive Battle could work, but Sealed Vessel being the Hollow Knight's theme makes the most sense.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Cuphead's moves fits so well as a mii gunner.
Knight could be Miied maybe, but Hornet's moveset is way different than a Mii Swordfighter, so I can at least hope, I think.
Same thing goes with Shantae.
For the music track, I think Sealed Vessel or Hornet.
If we are getting another indie mii costume, then I hope we are getting Shovel Knight.

Last edited:

Goombaic

Smash Ace
I've noticed a full fighter pack for the Knight hasn't been made in this thread yet so I decided to take some time to make one. I did take many liberties and made a lot of unique decisions that would likely not happen in the actual game, but this is just speculation so who really cares?

Last edited:

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
I've noticed a full fighter pack for the Knight hasn't been made in this thread yet so I decided to take some time to make one. I did take many liberties and made a lot of unique decisions that would likely not happen in the actual game, but this is just speculation so who really cares?
This is awesome! Great work

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Got Hollow Knight two days ago, 5 hours in and loving it :) Dunno if he'll ever be a full character but I'd love a deluxe costume w/ music track.

Last edited:

Zeb Nasaki

Smash Apprentice
I will post some of my speculation here
I have a lot of of hope for the knight from hollow knight and recently he has got a lot of popularity in the smash fandom, although he is not in the same level of other request like reimu or shantae, he is definitiveky among the top 3 most requested indue characters and also outside it many non official pools show the knight in great positions even toping the previous two.
Hollow knight has beeen a massive succes on the switch . Since it's realese on switch in 2018 the game's popularity has increased a lot, and if the speculation is correct and the volume 2 was indeed decided in the beggining of 2019. Then hollow knight could have been in the perfect position to be considerate as an indie rep.
Nintendo has constantly been supporting Hollow Knight and team cherry since 2018, from the hollow knight add at e3 2018, advertising Silksong in the e3 2019 with a playable demo, and also in PAX Australia 2019 later that year.
Around december Nintendo considered team cherry as one of their partners, along with other companies like Sega, Bandai, Namco, Square Enix, in a conference in china when they where talking about their coworking companies and Team cherry was mentioned among them, and pretty much they were the only Indie company mentioned there.
I am not saying that this proves that a Hollow Knight rep is coming, is still highly unlikely since is an indie, and is outside from Japan, although not necesarily western since it comes from australia.
But the fact that Silksong is still brought up as one of their major tittles for the coming next year, this could indicate that there is a very strong relationship between team cherry and Nintendo, and the fact that Sliksong will be a timed console exclusive for the switch just brings up more hints that something with Hollow Knight could happen more than a mii costume.
Since a game that by february 2019 has sold over 2 800 000 copies, to put in perspective the entire Shantae franchise in 18 years has sold over a 3 million units by june of this year, and shovel knight by september of 2019 sold over 2.65 million copies, that has been critically aclaimed both by the press and the fans as one of the best metroidvanias and indies of this decade, is definitvely liekly if Nintendo is considering an indie rep not yet represented in smash, since cuphead and sans are way popular but are alredy mii costumes and do not have that relationship with nintendo as a company.

Paraster

Smash Lord
View attachment 310336The Last Stag
Class:
✩ Novice
Type: Support/Shield
Skill: Braking Ability ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Giant Sonic (black)
  • Stage: Forgotten Crossroads
  • Music Track: Crossroads
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • The enemy favors side specials
View attachment 310335Zote the Mighty
Class:
✩ Novice
Type: Primary/Grab
Trait: N/A
  • Puppet Fighter: The Knight (blue)
  • Stage: Distant Planet
  • Music Track: Decisive Battle
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • The enemy loves to taunt
    • The enemy is giant when badly damaged
View attachment 310337Hornet
Class:
✩✩✩ Ace
Type: Primary/Grab
Trait: Sword Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: The Knight (red)
  • Stage: Distant Planet
  • Music Track: Hornet
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • The enemy has increased move speed and jump power
    • The enemy favors melee attacks
View attachment 310338Mantis Lords
Class:
✩✩ Advanced
Type: Primary/Shield
Trait: Jump ↑
  • Main Puppet Fighter: Sheik (indigo)
    • Additional Puppets: Sheik (indigo) x2
  • Stage: The Great Cave Offensive (Ω form)
  • Music Track: Mantis Lords
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • The enemy (all) starts the battle with a Killing Edge
    • The enemy's projectile attacks have increased power
    • Reinforcements (pair) will appear after an enemy (single) id KO'd
View attachment 310339Seer
Class:
✩ Novice
Type: Support/Neutral
Skill: PSI Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Zelda (black)
  • Stage: Magicant
  • Music Track: Radiance
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • Hazard: Slumber Floor
    • Left and right controls will suddenly reverse
View attachment 310340Broken Vessel
Class:
✩✩ Advanced
Type: Support/Attack
Skill: Mouthful of Curry
  • Puppet Fighter: The Knight (orange)
  • Stage: Brinstar (Ω form)
  • Music Track: Broken Vessel
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • The enemy is injured but powerful
    • The enemy favors neutral specials
View attachment 310341The Dreamers
Class:
✩✩✩ Ace
Type: Support/Neutral
Skill: First-Strike Advantage
  • Main Puppet Fighter: Giant Jigglypuff (green)
    • Additional Puppets: King K. Rool (black), The Knight (red)
  • Stage: Forgotten Crossroads
  • Music Track: White Palace
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • The enemy (King K. Rool) starts the battle with a Killing Edge
    • The enemy (all) is slow but has super armor
View attachment 310342Troupe Master Grimm
Class:
✩✩✩ Ace
Type: Primary/Attack
Trait: Fire Attack ↑
  • Main Puppet Fighter: Daisy (red)
    • Additional Puppet: Tiny Meta Knight (navy)
  • Stage: Reset Bomb Forest (forest only)
  • Music Track: Nightmare King
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • Item: Hothead
    • The enemy (Daisy) can float for longer
    • The enemy (Daisy) has increased attack power when badly damaged
View attachment 310343Hollow Knight
Class:
✩✩✩✩ Legend
Type: Support/Attack
Skill: Trade-Off Ability ↑↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Giant Knight (black)