• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Warrior from the Abyss, Hollow Knight Breaks the Seal!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Just go with The Knight/Hollow Knight just as Cloud's always described as being SOLDIER 1st Class.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Most movesets I see here are pretty close to what I envision, I just have few tweaks and suggestions for certain moves and mechanics...

- Side B should be the Shade/Mothwing dash, it has one use in the air and can be used repeatedly on the ground (though still with a bit more lag than in the game), but only the initial use will have intangibility and go through opponents, and he won't get it back until he stops using the move for a bit.

- Focussing is done with a shield+b input, with the fireball being neutral and the ground pound being down specials. All spell moves can still be performed without soul, but in much weaker forms, and you can't choose to perform those weaker versions.

- The Dream Nail can be used to initiate his Final Smash.

- Forward tilt is the same as his jab, but he can walk forward as he's performing it. Both work as two-hit combos.

- When the Knight loses a stock, an Echo spawns on the stage, attacking everyone indiscriminately and the Knight's maximum soul capacity decreases. He can thus decide whether to try and use the echo as a distraction while fighting the opponent, or just defeat it to get his maximum soul back.

Last edited:

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
He attacc,
He Protecc,
But most importantly : He cute as hecc.

I want really want to play this game, i already love the visuals but i'm not a big fan of metroivanias.
Anyways, i support !

Zeb Nasaki

Smash Apprentice
With more dlc in the way and sans getting a mii costume. You think the Knight has a big chance for an indie rep?

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
With more dlc in the way and sans getting a mii costume. You think the Knight has a big chance for an indie rep?
Maybe. He seems like he'd be an interesting character and the next game's strong ties to Nintendo make adding the Knight a very good way to promote the title. He might be to obscure for Smash, but tbh I didn't even know who Terry was until last fall.

Zeb Nasaki

Smash Apprentice
Also an indie rep is very posible at this moment. We got the shovel knight assist trophy and sans mii costume. So those two are probably out. Hollow knight have been probably the best selling indie of the switch and is still always in the top sales in the nintendo e-shop best sellers. I know taht shatae is also possible for the indie rep, but i really think that the knight has a chance.

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
A fighter would be ideal obviously, but if that doesn't happen I'd be perfectly fine with a Mii Costume and a music track. Proportions for the Mii wouldn't work as well as they did for Sans, but hey. Music.
So in that case, what's the one piece of music that everyone thinks should come with a potential Knight costume? I'd bet on Hornet or Decisive Battle. As cool as Sealed Vessel would be, I feel like it's a bit too much to be the only song in Smash, y'know?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
A fighter would be ideal obviously, but if that doesn't happen I'd be perfectly fine with a Mii Costume and a music track. Proportions for the Mii wouldn't work as well as they did for Sans
well it worked for others

Zeb Nasaki

Smash Apprentice
well it worked for others
A mii swordfighter could work. The knight uses a mask like sans so no weird mii face for our little buddy. But i think it would not really feel like the "Vessel" that is the knight. Maybe if they add some shadow effects when it is hit. Ahh probably dreaming too much..

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
A mii swordfighter could work. The knight uses a mask like sans so no weird mii face for our little buddy. But i think it would not really feel like the "Vessel" that is the knight. Maybe if they add some shadow effects when it is hit. Ahh probably dreaming too much..
well it wouldnt feel like the knight cause it wouldnt be

Zeb Nasaki

Smash Apprentice
If there is indeed a mii costume for the knight. Which song will be the best to represent all of Hollow Knight

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
If there is indeed a mii costume for the knight. Which song will be the best to represent all of Hollow Knight
Either:

1) City of Tears (remixed obviously)
2) Dream Battle
3) The Radiance

Zeb Nasaki

Smash Apprentice
I would like the nightmare king grimm battle theme, to somehow have some grimm representation in smash

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
Y'all, I made a Hollow Knight stage based on the dream battle against the Radiance. Not pictured below are the lava spikes that slide back and forth across the screen like the Radiance's sword attacks.
I picked "One of a Kind" from Bayonetta for the music, but if anyone has a better idea that's more similar to the Radiance's theme, I'd be glad to change it
20190921_145646.jpg

Last edited:

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
I just began a second run of Hollow Knight the other day, and my progression path was wildly different.

Crossroads >>> Fungal Wastes like most people except Brooding Mawlek was my first boss and Gruz Mother was like my 5th. I also didn't get a nail upgrade for the Mantis Lords.

But then I went back to Crystal Peak and did what I could there (including get the Crystal Heart) and then I think I went to the Resting Grounds.

Eventually I went back to the City of Tears and immediately after clearing the Soul Master I went back to the Resting Grounds and down the elevator to the second half of the City of Tears immediately (third part with the dreamer I'm still putting off). I then went to the Kingdom's Edge to sightsee a bit, where I was reminded of the painful accuracy of the Primal Aspids. I also got up to the Colosseum of Fools and tried fighting that bug on the outskirts of Kingdom's Edge but I couldn't do it with one nail upgrade and so little patience so I left for Deepnest. I also never mentioned it up until now, but I did go to the Howling Cliffs at some unknown point in time and got everything there is to get.

I did pretty much everything there (even got to Hornet's room in the Weaver's Den) and then I left for the Ancient Basin. I got the Monarch Wings and then I went back to Kingdom's Edge so I could enter the Royal Waterways through there since I was too lazy to get another Simple Key. I scoured the area really quickly and then after that I went to the Queen's Gardens for a bit. Nothing major there, didn't even fill up the full map, just looking around.

The run is currently right after I finished the maps for the Fungal Wastes, Greenpath, Crossroads, and Crystal Peak, and I literally just upgraded my nail twice.

Can't wait to do the White Palace/Path of Pain since I love them the most. I really don't like the third part of the City of Tears and especially don't like the Hive. The only map I don't have is Fog Canyon and I'm trying to at the very least get to Birthplace in the next few sessions.

That's all folks.

Zeb Nasaki

Smash Apprentice
There has been a rumor that the Knight could come with terry as a costume like sans. What do you think?

Murder Space Dragon

Smash Cadet
I think you're looking for the Soul Master boss theme
The Soul Master's theme is actually a remix of the Soul Sanctum music, not City of Tears. City of Tears does have a remix in-game for action scenes though.

Oh, and hi. The Knight is probably my most wanted character for Smash, and I'm almost done a fighter concept I have for him. Hopefully I can get it done and post it here over the weekend. Fighter concept as in it's not just a move set, I'll also be detailing what I think would be the ideal attributes, alt skins, stage, etc. for The Knight would be.

Last edited:

Zeb Nasaki

Smash Apprentice
The Soul Master's theme is actually a remix of the Soul Sanctum music, not City of Tears. City of Tears does have a remix in-game for action scenes though.

Oh, and hi. The Knight is probably my most wanted character for Smash, and I'm almost done a fighter concept I have for him. Hopefully I can get it done and post it here over the weekend. Fighter concept as in it's not just a move set, I'll also be detailing what I think would be the ideal attributes, alt skins, stage, etc. for The Knight would be.
Welcome and I hope you enjoy your time here. Despite not being much discusion around

Last edited:

SlopDropDragon

Smash Rookie
Oh yes! i support 100%! and i think it may be more likely now that they have more indie stuff (sans). also, since silksong is getting coming eventually, it would give Nintendo a reason to put him in. personally, i think a better final smash is the finishing move against the radiance, but it may be a bit much for Nintendo.(though i do love my boy quirrel)

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
I love this guy and his game (even if I'm rather bad at it! lol), I'd love to support him!

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
People of the Knight thread, I'm from Hornet thread and I want to ask a question.
If we get a HK fighter and it's Hornet, would you be mad about it?

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
People of the Knight thread, I'm from Hornet thread and I want to ask a question.
If we get a HK fighter and it's Hornet, would you be mad about it?
I'd find it odd, but I wouldn't complain.
The only reason I'd find it odd is because The Knight is the main character of the first most popular game, so it'd just be weird choice. I wouldn't complain tho, Hollow Knight representation is Hollow Knight representation!

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
I'd find it odd, but I wouldn't complain.
The only reason I'd find it odd is because The Knight is the main character of the first most popular game, so it'd just be weird choice. I wouldn't complain tho, Hollow Knight representation is Hollow Knight representation!
Thank god most people here are like you.
The reason why I posted this is because I saw a comment on reddit, saying that they'll be pissed if Hornet gets in before the Knight, because Hornet is the 'Luigi' of HK and Knight is, well, 'Mario' of HK and Knight should get in no matter what, even counting the possible Silksong promotion because Knight is the first protagonist.
And then I started to wonder if everyone thought that way.

Last edited:

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
Thank god most people here are like you.
The reason why I posted this is because I saw a comment on reddit, saying that they'll be pissed if Hornet gets in before the Knight, because Hornet is the 'Luigi' of HK and Knight is, well, 'Mario' of HK and Knight should get in no matter what, even counting the possible Silksong promotion because Knight is the first protagonist.
And then I started to wonder if everyone thought that way.
I mean I can see where they're coming from, the Knight (with my limited knowledge of Silksong) seems to be much more of the main character of the series and would make more sense IMO
But I wouldn't be upset about it, and I'd be happy for you and other supports of her!

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Was just listening to some Hollow Knight music for a game in the speculation thread and I really forgot about how good it is in all the different locations. I really want to see The Knight or Hornet get in for many reasons, but one is for sure the music

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Was just listening to some Hollow Knight music for a game in the speculation thread and I really forgot about how good it is in all the different locations. I really want to see The Knight or Hornet get in for many reasons, but one is for sure the music
Imagine Zote singing Lifelight lol

Last edited:

Zeb Nasaki

Smash Apprentice
Last minute prediction. I trully think that the character is the knight.

Last edited:

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
Ok guys I am more than ever confident for an Hollow Knight rep in Smash. I wasn't super confident for the first pass (bad timing between the switch release of Hollow Knight and the decision for the Fighter Pass). But now OH BOY I AM!

They keep pushing indies for Smash with the addition of a Cuphead Mii costume. Cuphead is popular and it comes with a song just like Sans. I'm surprise that Cuphead got a Mii Costume before Hollow Knight, considering HK came earlier on the Switch and is a major succes.

I'm a 100% sure we will get Hollow Knight content in Ultimate. Of course a Mii costume is possible, but the odds have never been so high for a playable character.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Ok guys I am more than ever confident for an Hollow Knight rep in Smash. I wasn't super confident for the first pass (bad timing between the switch release of Hollow Knight and the decision for the Fighter Pass). But now OH BOY I AM!

They keep pushing indies for Smash with the addition of a Cuphead Mii costume. Cuphead is popular and it comes with a song just like Sans. I'm surprise that Cuphead got a Mii Costume before Hollow Knight, considering HK came earlier on the Switch and is a major succes.

I'm a 100% sure we will get Hollow Knight content in Ultimate. Of course a Mii costume is possible, but the odds have never been so high for a playable character.
However, I think a Mii costume is looking very Likely for Knight.... so far both indie fighters that become mii costumes had unique masks.... and Knight fights that very well

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
However, I think a Mii costume is looking very Likely for Knight.... so far both indie fighters that become mii costumes had unique masks.... and Knight fights that very well
At the very least we'd get a song! Both indies so far have come with one.

Top Bottom