• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The voices of Smash. What's new and what's recycled?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Wanted to make a topic talking about the voice actors in Smash, to talk about who has new voice clips, speculate on who's voicing them ans speculate on the unconfirmed character voices too. As well give opinions on the confirmed voices. This can also be for Assist Trophies and Pokemon.

So what do you think of the new and old voices?

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
I think Marth and Ike’s came off as the most interesting changes. Not too fond of their new English voices though just feels off a bit to me.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
From what I've heard from the footage I've seen
New:
:ultganondorf::ultfox::ultike::ultmarth::ultpokemontrainer::ivysaur::squirtle::ultpit:
Reused from 4:
:ultsonic::ultcloud::ultryu::ultbayonetta::ultbowser::ultdk::ultness::ultmario::4charizard:
Didn't get to hear personally:
:ultpikachu::ultkirby::ultlink::ultzelda::ulticeclimbers::ultlittlemac::ultmewtwo::ultcorrin:
Don't have a voice lol:
:ultpacman::ultmegaman::ultsamus::ultvillager:

:ultsnake: is a weird one. He mostly reuses vice clips from Brawl, but he does have new ones, and we know Hayter's recording for this game, so imma guess the Brawl clips or temporary placeholders or something. I also wanna say :ultinkling: reuses clips from Splatoon but well, not really sure on that.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
From what I've heard from the footage I've seen
New:
:ultganondorf::ultfox::ultike::ultmarth::ultpokemontrainer::ivysaur::squirtle::ultpit:
Reused from 4:
:ultsonic::ultcloud::ultryu::ultbayonetta::ultbowser::ultdk::ultness::ultmario::4charizard:
Didn't get to hear personally:
:ultpikachu::ultkirby::ultlink::ultzelda::ulticeclimbers::ultlittlemac::ultmewtwo::ultcorrin:
Don't have a voice lol:
:ultpacman::ultmegaman::ultsamus::ultvillager:

:ultsnake: is a weird one. He mostly reuses vice clips from Brawl, but he does have new ones, and we know Hayter's recording for this game, so imma guess the Brawl clips or temporary placeholders or something. I also wanna say :ultinkling: reuses clips from Splatoon but well, not really sure on that.
Ness is very interesting, and Kirby sounded the same to me.

Which is very weird because Kirby needs new voice clips for his copy abilities (he shares his voice actor with Ness) . Maybe they'll just record what they need, similar to what the did in DLC.

Or maybe we're not getting any newcomers that require speech for their special?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Been playing Mario Tennis Aces, The "Yo" Daisy let's out in her reveal is definitely in this game. I would guess it actually reused from Mario Kart 8. But this shows that she is reusing voice clips like all the other Mario characters.

Top Bottom