• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada The Vault - Smash 4 (Wii U) Weekly - Bolton, Ontario

jubiyab

Smash Rookie
NNID
juliandeange
Hey guys, The Vault is going to start hosting weeklies in Bolton, Ontario. The first one is this coming Saturday July 25th and will be running every week.

Smash 4 (Wii U) singles and doubles will be the only hosted event as of now.
Since we are new to this we will ONLY be registering 36 people into the singles bracket, for double elimination
Doubles will be ONLY be taking 8 teams.
I cannot stress enough, that it is a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS, but spectators are always welcome.

There will be a venue fee of $7.50 and entry to singles / doubles is $7.50 as well. If you want to enter singles and doubles it will be an additional $8.50 for the second event
(So for singles and doubles it will be ... venue $7.50 + singles / doubles $7.50 + singles / doubles $8.50)

This is a cash only event

Doubles will be starting at 4:00pm SHARP, so be ready because late entires will not be admitted.
Singles will be starting 5:00pm, so there will be some overlap from the doubles.
There will be 4-5 setups so please be patient when waiting to play.

Standard Apex rules will be used (with some alterations). More details can be found on http://thevaultbolton.weebly.com/ --> under the tournaments tab.

The address is:
8841-D George Bolton Parkway Drive
Bolton, Ontario

When turning from Highway 50 onto the street, turn into the left driveway, immediately following Pillsworth drive ... It is the building on the right.

Located nearby is a Mcdonalds, A&W, Harveys and Wendy's. Other food such as Burger King, Taco Bell, and KFC are allowed into the venue, but there are no locations in Bolton.
In addition there is someone with a severe peanut / nut allergy, so please REFRAIN from bringing in any food that contains / may contains peanuts and / or nuts, otherwise you will be asked to leave the venue with no refund. I cannot stress how important this is!

Snacks and water will be available for purchase at the venue.

Thats all I have to say so please come join us at our first weekly!!! We look forward to seeing you!!!

May the best smasher win!

For addition information please email:
thevaultbolton@gmail.com
or follow @thevaultbolton and DM for info

If you plan on attending please email as well so we can get a rough estimate.

Thank You!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Omg a smash tourney in my hometown! I shall be there!

shrub

Smash Rookie
Great first showing! It was nice to meet you guys. I'll definitely be back next week so that I can actually take a set lol.

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
This was awesome! I will probably be able to go once or twice more before summer is over because I live far away

D

Deleted member

I can't wait till they get blinds so the sun doesn't destroy our corneas during battle!

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
I haven't been since first time but I hope in a few weeks when I go, that they have recording and livestreaming up and running

CalebGamer14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CalebGamer14
Hey guys, The Vault is going to start hosting weeklies in Bolton, Ontario. The first one is this coming Saturday July 25th and will be running every week.

Since we are new to this we will ONLY be registering 36 people into the singles bracket, for double elimination
I cannot stress enough, that it is a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS, but spectators are always welcome.

There will be a venue fee of $7.50 and entry to singles / doubles is $7.50 as well. If you want to enter singles and doubles it will be an additional $8.50 for the second event
(So for singles and doubles it will be ... venue $7.50 + singles / doubles $7.50 + singles / doubles $8.50)

Doubles will be starting at 4:00pm SHARP, so be ready because late entires will not be admitted.
Singles will be starting 5:00pm, so there will be some overlap from the doubles.

Standard Apex rules will be used (with some alterations). More details can be found on http://thevaultbolton.weebly.com/ --> under the tournaments tab.

The address is:
Bolton, Ontario

When turning from Highway 50 onto the street, turn into the left driveway, immediately following Pillsworth drive ... It is the building on the right.

Located nearby is a Mcdonalds, A&W, Harveys and Wendy's. Other food such as Burger King, Taco Bell, and KFC are allowed into the venue, but there are no locations in Bolton.
In addition there is someone with a severe peanut / nut allergy, so please REFRAIN from bringing in any food that contains / may contains peanuts and / or nuts, otherwise you will be asked to leave the venue with no refund. I cannot stress how important this is!

Thats all I have to say so please come join us at our first weekly!!! We look forward to seeing you!!!

thevaultbolton@gmail.com

Thank You!
What time does sign ups start?

D

Deleted member

they usually skip doubles actually, everyone tends to come at like 4pm, but the singles tourney starts 5pm so anytime between 4-5pm you can sign-up. If you come at 4pm everyone is there playing friendlies if you need some last minute practice or just want to play a few rounds for fun. Also don't forget to bring a gamecube controller.

Theres also a melee tourney at 6pm if enough people want to play.

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
Oh my gosh a melee tournament?!?! Yes!!!! I've just started to play melee. I already knew all the tech cuz I watched tournaments but I've finally got my hands on a actual copy and have been playing nonstop. My Falco is ready! I'm not sure if I'll be able to come before the summer is over tho

CalebGamer14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CalebGamer14
Thanks
they usually skip doubles actually, everyone tends to come at like 4pm, but the singles tourney starts 5pm so anytime between 4-5pm you can sign-up. If you come at 4pm everyone is there playing friendlies if you need some last minute practice or just want to play a few rounds for fun. Also don't forget to bring a gamecube controller.

Theres also a melee tourney at 6pm if enough people want to play.

CalebGamer14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CalebGamer14

The address is:
Bolton, Ontario

thevaultbolton@gmail.com

Thank You!
Thank you for the tournament today I was HM CG14.I will be coming back soon I had lots of fun.

The VaultBolton

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I would like to thank my friend for starting this thread, the Vault is now on smashboards but this will remain our thread for our tourney info for the simple fact that everyone knows it now.

So feel free to ask questions on here and I or one of my mods will do their best to answer it.

Also yes melee is for sure now, we have 2 set ups. Smash 4 has 5 set-ups and Project m will be starting soon (hopefully this week) and it will have 2 set ups as well. The website (thevaultbolton.weebly.com) has the most recent info on it all. Also feel free to like us on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/thevaultbolton) and follow us on twitter (@thevaultbolton) to help spread the word. thanks everyone! Happy Smashing!

The VaultBolton

Smash Rookie
Thank you for the tournament today I was HM CG14.I will be coming back soon I had lots of fun.
Im really glad to hear that! Sorry about the small turnout, it will be larger next time, there was another event going on with my regulars that day

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
I don't mind the small turnouts so much as the lack of a jumbo screen! Just kidding, large turnouts are good too.

The VaultBolton

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone! sorry this is short notice, I forgot not everyone has twitter, but today there will be a random amiibo giveaway to those who enter the tournament if there are 10 or more people! Hope everyone can come!

Skynion

Smash Rookie
NNID
Skywalker17870
3DS FC
3754-7571-5945
I should go and attend this since its like a 30 minute drive away and it will be cool to go to a small local tourney

Last edited:

CalebGamer14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CalebGamer14
this week I'm 100% going I've been training really hard in signals and doubles.I'm very excited to go again.

Skynion

Smash Rookie
NNID
Skywalker17870
3DS FC
3754-7571-5945
I will come with a small group of friends. How many are usually there for singles?

Nude Panda

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone,
I am a film student at Fanshawe college and I'm possibly doing a Smash documentary once I get the green light for project. I was looking for players who are willing to be interviewed on Saturday Oct 31st and possibly Nov 7th! I am looking for players who identify as casual, pro, or even both! I am more looking into the social aspects of the game and I want to shed some light on how awesome smash is :D

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
Hi everyone,
I am a film student at Fanshawe college and I'm possibly doing a Smash documentary once I get the green light for project. I was looking for players who are willing to be interviewed on Saturday Oct 31st and possibly Nov 7th! I am looking for players who identify as casual, pro, or even both! I am more looking into the social aspects of the game and I want to shed some light on how awesome smash is :D
Omg that's amazing! I would love to be interviewed :D but... I can't :( that's really really unfortunate :(

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
Hi everyone,
I'll try my best to attend. I've only gone here once and I'll be going for prob melee and project m or just one of the 2. This will be my first melee/project m tournament but Im not clueless or anything. Just I'm 14 and can't attend events often

Skynion

Smash Rookie
NNID
Skywalker17870
3DS FC
3754-7571-5945
Hi everyone,
If I do come on those days, I would like to be interviewed. I am still a newcomer to all these tournaments so we'll see

Wildwolf

Smash Rookie
NNID
RPGamer
Hi
I'm the jigglypuff player that was there that one week... I can't get there consistently but...
I'm coming back.
Better then before.

I'm coming in two weeks, If all goes well. Had a blast last time and I'm sure It'll only get better. (cant stand it... too much hype)
(and words)

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
Hey! I had a proposal. If I brought a HD monitor (BenQ RL2455HM) to your venue, with a Wii and a Wii2HDMI adapter (Sewell most likely) would you use it on melee? I've looked up a ton of frame data and I've heard its around 2/3 frames of lag which is amazing

The VaultBolton

Smash Rookie
Hey! I had a proposal. If I brought a HD monitor (BenQ RL2455HM) to your venue, with a Wii and a Wii2HDMI adapter (Sewell most likely) would you use it on melee? I've looked up a ton of frame data and I've heard its around 2/3 frames of lag which is amazing
We actually have 2 monitors and set ups
For melee which is all I'm willing to do because no one ever shows up for it. If it gets more popular that could be an option!

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
We actually have 2 monitors and set ups
For melee which is all I'm willing to do because no one ever shows up for it. If it gets more popular that could be an option!
No one shows up for melee? I'm really surprised. I would show up all the time of I lived closer. What monitors do you use? I know that input lag is very important to some people (myself included) If I do come again, I'd be happy to bring my Benq RL2455HM and my Wii

The VaultBolton

Smash Rookie
No one shows up for melee? I'm really surprised. I would show up all the time of I lived closer. What monitors do you use? I know that input lag is very important to some people (myself included) If I do come again, I'd be happy to bring my Benq RL2455HM and my Wii
No lag, we use real crts, we tried a widescreen once and it didn't go over well, and thus I switched to crts, it worked once and then no one came.

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
No lag, we use real crts, we tried a widescreen once and it didn't go over well, and thus I switched to crts, it worked once and then no one came.
That's disappointing, I wonder why.... What was wrong with your wide screen display? Lag, or something else?

Last edited:
Top Bottom