• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Universal Cosmic Destroyer - Giygas for Smash Bros. Ultimate

Patwhit01

Smash Cadet
My computer is currently out of commission so I am unable to draw up moveset concepts like I was planning to, but I shall bump the thread regardless.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I don't know Giygas very well, but I support him!

I also thought of the idea of Giygas using a Sutando instead of PSI in his moveset.

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
I support more playable villains in the game and Gyigas is no exception.... but I always thought he would fit better as an Assist Trophy: Just like Mother Brain, the Devil's Machine appears as a small obstacle, then grows and send some minor PSI attacks. Has a tiny amount of HP, and if it gets destroyed it releases Gyigas along a massive wave that KOs every fighter in the stage (including the one who summoned it).

D

Deleted member

Would Gyigas look like in Mother 1 if he got into Smash?

Or could Sakurai get creative with the Mother 2 version?

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
Would Gyigas look like in Mother 1 if he got into Smash?

Or could Sakurai get creative with the Mother 2 version?
Probably mostly his Mother 1 form, but with some allusions to his "almighty idiot" version in some of his animations to make him more incomprehensible + more visually interesting.
Also, obviously he'd full-on transform into his EarthBound form for his Final Smash. He'd replace the background or something along the lines of that.

Patwhit01

Smash Cadet
I always knew it would be his form from Mother 1.

Also, I made a moveset for Giygas
View attachment 230700

How do you like it, I made up my own moves for him.
Late response, but I'm sorry, not much of a fan of this moveset. It just seems like a generic "anime fighter" moveset, and none of these moves seem like something Giygas would do.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
If there is any game I think deserves a remake, it is Mother 1. A lot you can do with that game

Giygas would be a welcome out of left field choice and it would be interesting to see a more fleshed out design of what he looked like in Mother 1. There still doesn't feel like we have many villains and I think Nintendo has a pretty interesting pantheon of villains.. :ultbowser::ultkrool::ultganondorf::ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultwolf: are really the only ones we have (I don't really count :ultkingdedede:,:ultmewtwo:and :ultmetaknight:, they are more anti heroes) I think Giygas, Porky, Darkmatter, Skull Kid, Medusa, Black Shadow, Andross (idk they could find a way), and Team Rocket (vounterpart to PK Trainer, would have Meowth, Arbok, and Victreebel) would all make some interesting additions.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
If there is any game I think deserves a remake, it is Mother 1. A lot you can do with that game

Giygas would be a welcome out of left field choice and it would be interesting to see a more fleshed out design of what he looked like in Mother 1. There still doesn't feel like we have many villains and I think Nintendo has a pretty interesting pantheon of villains.. :ultbowser::ultkrool::ultganondorf::ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultwolf: are really the only ones we have (I don't really count :ultkingdedede:,:ultmewtwo:and :ultmetaknight:, they are more anti heroes) I think Giygas, Porky, Darkmatter, Skull Kid, Medusa, Black Shadow, Andross (idk they could find a way), and Team Rocket (vounterpart to PK Trainer, would have Meowth, Arbok, and Victreebel) would all make some interesting additions.
Mewtwo ain't a villain, he never has been. Team Rocket debuted in the anime, (the jessie James meowth trio I mean), technically making them 4th party.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Late response, but I'm sorry, not much of a fan of this moveset. It just seems like a generic "anime fighter" moveset, and none of these moves seem like something Giygas would do.
I might wanna revamp my Giygas moveset. I would like some ideas for better moves.

Patwhit01

Smash Cadet
I've started to actually work on my Giygas concept because I finally found the time to, so here. I'll start with the alts first.
1569011068973.png

1. Normal
2. Based off of Giygas' appearance in Earthbound
3. Based off of Starman Jr's colors.
4. Based off of the Starman Super's colors.
5. Based off of the Ghost of Starman's colors.
6. Based off of the Blue Starman's colors.
7. Based off of the Mook's colors.
8. Based off of the colors of the Magicant Dragon.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Here are the special moves.
View attachment 239149
Those are magnificant ideas, I thought that Giygas's final smash could be golden giygas (which is the same super mode used by Frieza) because Giygas and Frieza look similar.

Giygas could also use made up PSI attacks that are remiscent of Frieza's moves. Such as PK Laser, PK Disc, PK Crusher etc.

Last edited:

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
While Giygas would be super cool, I think I'd prefer Porky if we got a MOTHER villain. Giygas could make for a cool final smash for him in his swirly face form.

But if they made him into a playable character, I certainly wouldn't complain. He'd be cool, just not my first choice.

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
Those are magnificant ideas, I thought that Giygas's final smash could be golden giygas (which is the same super mode used by Frieza) because Giygas and Frieza look similar.

Giygas could also use made up PSI attacks that are remiscent of Frieza's moves. Such as PK Laser, PK Disc, PK Crusher etc.
That's... honestly kind of a weird idea. I really don't feel like whatever superficial similarities they share warrants basing parts of Giygas' moveset on Frieza. Having his Final Smash being based off a completely unrelated franchise is notably odd, especially since we've got the Devil's Machine to work with, amongst multiple other stuff from the MOTHER series.

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
These recent posts really put me in a Giygas mood. I tried my hand at drawing him, and I'm pretty happy with the results. The pose was heavily inspired by this piece of fanart (artist). Still needs to be properly shaded, but I'll get to that eventually.
Giygas2.png

Oh, I also made some alternate skins for kicks and giggles. Try and see if you can figure out the references. Some of the ideas for alts were nabbed from Patwhit01.
GiygasAlts.png

Last edited:

Patwhit01

Smash Cadet
While Giygas would be super cool, I think I'd prefer Porky if we got a MOTHER villain. Giygas could make for a cool final smash for him in his swirly face form.

But if they made him into a playable character, I certainly wouldn't complain. He'd be cool, just not my first choice.
Giygas deserves more than just being relegated to being the Final Smash of the series' secondary antagonist, in my opinion.

I also feel like Giygas' swirl form is highly overrated. If he was to be represented in Smash, I want his original form. Giygas is a lot more interesting of a character before he became a creepypasta Windows background.

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
That's... honestly kind of a weird idea. I really don't feel like whatever superficial similarities they share warrants basing parts of Giygas' moveset on Frieza. Having his Final Smash being based off a completely unrelated franchise is notably odd, especially since we've got the Devil's Machine to work with, amongst multiple other stuff from the MOTHER series.
Well Giygas, Mewtwo, and Frieza resemble half-siblings or cousins, despite not being blood-related, and Giygas doesn't have many official moves as stated in the initial post. So it could make sense to invent PSI moves for Giygas that are based on Frieza's moves.

If someone were to ask me, "Is Giygas Frieza Race?", I would say no.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well Giygas, Mewtwo, and Frieza resemble half-siblings or cousins, despite not being blood-related, and Giygas doesn't have many official moves as stated in the initial post. So it could make sense to invent PSI moves for Giygas that are based on Frieza's moves.

If someone were to ask me, "Is Giygas Frieza Race?", I would say no.
Even if Giegue didn't have enough moveset material (which imo is not true), it still doesn't make any sense to take moves from Frieza. They're different franchises with nothing to link them.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Even if Giegue didn't have enough moveset material (which imo is not true), it still doesn't make any sense to take moves from Frieza. They're different franchises with nothing to link them.
Well, my idea is only a fan-concept and not offical.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well, my idea is only a fan-concept and not offical.
Everyone tries to imagine how a character would play if they got in Smash. So people try to make moveset that resemble something official as much as possible.

I'm not sure why you're making DBZ inspired movesets for every character you find, or why you share them.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
The fetus theory is probably one of the dumbest and most overated theorys ever like the "hero (that saved people) is evil because he DEFINITLY murded Enemys (link doesnt even really murder them nor does Ness)" or the "It was all a dream" theory i definitly prefer the Madness Theory

Oracle Link

Smash Master
The fetus theory is probably one of the dumbest and most overated theorys ever like the "hero (that saved people) is evil because he DEFINITLY murded Enemys (link doesnt even really murder them nor does Ness)" or the "It was all a dream" theory i definitly prefer the Madness Theory
Wow does this post i made suck i didnt enven reply to someone citing the fetus theory but yeah Giyig hmm i think making him a mewtu echo would work really well definitly better than a ninten Echo!
Ill still prefer Porky i mean he got a giant Pseudo Magicant in the form of new pork but yeah!
Still weird how neither Porky nor Giygas are spirits it cant be forgetfullness afterall claus and hinawa are the final story spirits and porkys face is plastered all other NPC so he seems like the character that should be the easieast to memorize!

Top Bottom