• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I cant turn on my new switch it was only 3 months old and is the main switch meaning i have no way of reclaiming the digital games also ill now never feel save with any electronical device again meaning my stress will now never stop also nice how again people want to call the Police because im not 100% happy all the time i hate my life i have 0 Friends or family my electronic devices will die and im all alone!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kind of want to give up on life but it's not like there is alternative. It kind of feels like I just want to go to sleep and just never wake up. Living in a dream world forever.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well. I officially decided on leaving two forum sites for good. I felt it was for the better. There were just some things I wasn't rather proud of especially saying and it was better that I had left to start over, think things through and get the help I'll need in the future when I talk to my therapist once things get better again.

Here I feel a sense of optimism feeling at least I've been getting better on this site and will continue to do so, hopefully I keep on with it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Girl i like recently got engaged. Didnt think she was even in a serious relationship.

Now im in a depression and i noticed its a lit harder to do stuff.

I usually am the person who makes jokes for peopke to laugh but even those have all been misses lately.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Remember about 2 months ago someone shot and killed 10 people in a Kingsoopers? That's about 2 miles from where I live. I didn't usually go there but it still is creepy. Now the Kingsoopers about half a mile from where I live has shut down too and that's where the pharmacy I get my prescriptions at was. I had some due but there's no way to contact them. So now I have to setup a different pharmacy.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
idk how much more of this i can take
every night
EVERY NIGHT
is HELL
trying to put aunt to bed
either mom or aunt is gonna have a heart attack before august
or both
and then ill be all alone..

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The COVID long hauler friend of mine found out he has liver damage

he says it’s expected to heal but if it doesnt.. he may need a liver transplant.

meaning a permanent scar on his abdomen and pills he’ll have to take every day for the rest of his life

COVID will have permanently changed his life at only 20 if that’s the case. I hope it’s not

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Everyday is a constant battle with my OCD. My negative thoughts overwhelm me and prevent me from being happy even in situations where I should be perfectly happy. At this point my brain has been torturing me constantly and the tiniest and stupidest triggers to my OCD can force me into compulsive time wasting garbage for hours. It has gotten worse and worse during the pandemic especially.

Not a day goes by where I don't wish I had just been born with a normal brain.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Everyday is a constant battle with my OCD. My negative thoughts overwhelm me and prevent me from being happy even in situations where I should be perfectly happy. At this point my brain has been torturing me constantly and the tiniest and stupidest triggers to my OCD can force me into compulsive time wasting garbage for hours. It has gotten worse and worse during the pandemic especially.

Not a day goes by where I don't wish I had just been born with a normal brain.
You ain't alone dude. I suffer from this too.

D

Deleted member

I have been just so tired recently man. Been working easily 50+ hours a week, every week, and I usually only have 1 day off a week at most.

I am getting two weeks off in a few days so there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but I still have like, 7 shifts to go :nifty:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My life is currently in scrambles right now. To help what I probably need to do is start getting out there more especially with socializing and finding more things to do. That and the needing to see another therapist to help get my life back on track.

The fact too my dog due to her allergies has been living in lots of discomfort but apparently I'm on a budget that I can't keep going to the vet so gonna eventually talk with my family who will help. I'm thinking of trying to find some kind of oatmeal shampoo that might at least be able to manage her allergies.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sometimes It can get quite sad for me to see people having a tough time trying to connect or understand with who I am.

The fact that I am someone who has both asperger and ADHD does make It really hard for me to socialize properly (or at least with the ease other people have), and while I have got to met a lot of incredible and good people who got to learn how to get to me and such... There have also been people with the best of intentions who sadly couldn't completely get along with me due to my difficulties.

It can be quite sad when you meet people who you think will be there for you regarding anything... Until eventually for one reason or another they just want to not have anything to do with you anymore.

But yeah, that's honestly what live is all about in the end: sometimes things go well and other times It just doesn't.
I'm just glad that in these past months I have been able to make up for everything I ever did in the past and all the stuff I lost by meeting new people and forging new memories with them.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
My job consists of waking up at 6 in the morning, taking the bus to work and then allowing certain people to enter the building. Ocassionally, I get some actual work to do, and it usually takes me 5 minutes to complete and it's things that basically anyone else could do if they had the time. Most people would kill to have a job like this, right?
No, it's literally the easiest recipe for depression there is. Combine that with the fact I'm already depressed because of stuff that happened months ago AND that 90% of the workers are currently quarantined because there's no covid regulations ON TOP of the fact there's barely any windows on the first floor, and I'm questioning what's the point. I genuinely feel like I'm about to cry as I'm typing this but I can't because I'm so emotionally numb. I can barely enjoy games and shows that I usually love, and my motivation to write is rock bottom.
It doesn't even pay that well. I plan on quitting soon but it's a whole other process. I also have a psychiatrist appointment soon so I can finally get antidepressents, but it's only in a month. My friends and family are the only things keeping me from ****ing losing it.

Edit: Oh yeah I guess there's more stuff
I happen to be more financially fortunate than most since I have a disability allowance from my country's government (I'm autistic), and yet I continue to waste my money on food all the time. It's usually impulse buys because good food is one of the few things that gives me joy these days. Last month I made some great strides in saving money only to completely blow it this month. At this rate I will have to live with my parents until they die. I probably shouldn't complain about it because it's my problem and I could probably control it if I tried, but still.
Also my depression is likely the reason why I'm always tired, even when i get 8 hours of sleep or more, and it's ****ing unbareable at this point

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’m so very disappointed in Twitch right now

it all started with some viewbots with suspicious names that would grab your IP if you visited their profiles (they had hacked extensions or something)

then a bunch of hate raids against women, disabled, PoC and LGBTQ+ streamers that seem to be coordinated by follow bots. Eventually they ditched the usual /raid format and just swarm your chat with hateful messages, sometimes with alternate characters that would usually take 72+ hours to blacklist all the variations

and it’s only gotten worse. (The spoiler text contains potentially upsetting content, read at your own risk)
you got now people with Swastika PFPs, hate raid bots impersonating other streamers and/or people making derogatory accusatory variations of a streamer’s username to slander them; those same hate bots leaving messages WHILE you’re offline and trying to report you and get you terminated since you’re responsible for what happens in chat when you’re offline too apparently; and they’re apparently doxxing a streamer who started bringing this to light in OTHER people’s streams

...and yet they think terminating other channels with a DMCA claim for 2 seconds of copyrighted music or banning the words incel, virgin and simp is more important

like seriously. What the actual **** Twitch. I included an anti-hate raid bot with a panic button function, and am banning and blocking as many accounts as I can with tools and from lists and such and it’s clear it’s insufficient at this point. This is honestly terrifying and disheartening. I’m starting to get paranoid that those hate raiders could doxx me in other people’s chats.

#TwitchDoBetter

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
God I ****ing loooooove getting yelled at and threatened by my sister at the dinner table
That's soooo normal

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I often find myself getting angry at myself for wishing I was happy. I woke up this morning from a dream where I had a girlfriend and thought how nice it'd be if it were actually real, but then I felt bad afterwards. For some reason I feel bad whenever I do anything that doesn't contribute to my professional future, and in turn I get discouraged to try to develop that aspect of my life. I don't see a happy or stable future for myself, period.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Wow. I was a teenager when this thread was made. Holy schnikes.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Ya know... I've been doing a new type of therapy. I've been Manic-Depressive since I was a kid (triggered on by having a near death gan green episode at 13).
The past few months I have been doing TMS (TransCranial Magnetic Stimulation). Computers map your brain, and in short, send a very strong electrical impulse to an incredibly targeted spot (down to the millimeter). The results for me have been quite astounding- I know it sounds a bit like shock therapy, but I assure you it is quite different. I encourage you to check it out, at least by research.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
My power was out for two whole days. Gotta throw away between $150 - $200 in groceries.

I had a whole rotisserie chicken I was saving and an unopened gallon of milk I had recently bought. Am basically throwing out two weeks of food. I hate wasting.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
I am constantly being harassed by my own words. If I say something on my own, it often feels like the information corresponding to it is missing--in a different place-- depending on the complexity of the thought. Stated another way, just in case, it feels that the parts of a thought must be with one of one to four or five facets. Then again, It is difficult to get the words to describe accurately, consistently, and completely what is precisely meant when expressing a personal thought with regard to sufficiently deep topics. Once again, it is difficult to furnish the listener with the receptive information necessary to ensure complete understanding of the information broadcast. I severely hope that I spoke as clearly as possible with the above.

It does not help that most of my life was spent in isolation from other people, with only books, games, and a mind to work with. As a result, I have been laden with the overwhelming task of explaining and handling the world around with invented terminology, invented devices of the mind, invented methods and ideas of everything, and hardly invented coping mechanisms (I suppose, anyway).

{Details, details, and yet more details, none of which contribute to any substantial degree, and only pain me to think about.}

All of this is complicated by personal views. I can imagine that if most were to hear my words aloud, 'raw,' and without actually sharing similar sentiments, then I shall have accomplished nothing by speaking. With that in mind, and with hopefully a relatable body of logic, I find definitions to be the single most important, fundamental aspect of communication, and am distressed when using words that I have no inkling to whether the listener does possess the same idea of it, and am also distressed when others also use deep words very liberally, but with seemingly little elaboration on their meaning. Alas, if I say this aloud, I would be carrying on with a subject the listener, in all likelihood, would care little for, or be annoyed by. At the end of that, I am very much concerned about what my words sound like, and often come as a new listener later, but only after the words are spoken. Aggravate this by having limited knowledge of slang and popular culture! It is highly exasperating that I cannot use terms, phrases, or ideas constructed independently without alluding to something obscene by accident, and other problems abound that perhaps could not compactly be stated in forty of these text lengths!

Together, all of these are deep-seated frustrations of mine. Even now, there is much vexation about the question of how best to state them without giving a false impression of what I really have trouble with. I suppose I just thought to say it any way I could.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I just found out someone I considered a “friend” for 2 years is (TW murder) someone who justifies the murder of politicians he doesn’t like. And he said this during, well... what’s going on. HE EVEN BOUGHT ME 40% OF MY ****ING STEAM LIBRARY.
Idk why but I had a dream I was talking to the dude in question on discord again like nothing was wrong

and I woke up like ew

dude was manipulative af, I think he even stalked his ex gf and tried to paint himself as the victim

hell I even think he simped for me with how he’d buy me the Steam games like I mentioned and just

it was creepy as all hell. I found out he even blocked me back on Twitter after I blocked him first

I even think he may be legit dangerous…

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Since the 5th. I've had a urine infection where I constantly have to keep going. Now I'm thinking too I have a enlarged prostate that I'm even struggling to pee.

I've been prescribed this medicine that I've taken since Wednesday and while it maybe helping with the infection, the enlarged prostate I have I might need medicine for as well.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I think OCD has pretty much ruined my ability to browse most social media for the time being. Now that speculation is pretty much over, I generally only come to this site for the Smash Infinite creation thread because of my prior investment in it, but in the past few weeks, my OCD has worsened to the point where my brain gets triggered by the mere sight or images of incredibly common words or images I wasn't triggered by before and I'm honestly terrified of even encountering them for the fear of going on more time wasting tangents when I could be doing something productive or at least enjoying my free time.

Sometime I feel that my OCD just constantly moves around or evolves. Like once I shut down one of its forms, it finds a way to come back in another version. Once I finally get over this iteration of OCD, it'll just find another way to ruin my life along the road.

Rizen

Smash Legend
So I got a new debit card and had to call a number to activate it. They put me on hold and cut me off 3 times than it said I needed to contact my bank. I tried to do that but their machine wouldn't accept when I put in simple numbers indicating I wanted to talk to someone and cut me off twice. When I finally got someone they said my password didn't work even though I know it's correct! I'm so sick of this ****ing incompetence! It's been 2 hours! How hard is it to activate a ****ing card?!!!
/rant

Jondolio

Smash Hero
My debit card decided to malfunction when I decided to buy medicine of all things. Really? You were perfectly fine with me buying junk food and sweets and useless **** I don't actually need but you draw the line at ****ing medicine?!

Oh and one of these medicines were stuff I needed for an appointment I was supposed to have 24 minutes ago, but I couldn't make it because of that. This is a terrible way to start the day

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I have no idea how to talk to my crush. I don't have many opportunities to see her and while I do have her number, it's hard for me to talk to her over text; I texted her a few days ago about a movie she recommended me and we talked about it a little bit, and then she asked me for game recommendations which I gave her, but then the conversation ended. Due to the fact she said she wanted to ask me that the other day and the fact she didn't answer a text of mine from a while ago where I asked her how she was doing, I think there's a good chance she might be shy or something which I totally get, but makes things even more complicated

I obviously don't want to bombard her with text messages but this is my first time trying to do this type of things so I have no idea what to do

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Got a nasty wound on my shoulder that constantly reopens even if I don't touch it, and it bleeds like a goddamn flood whenever it does. I'm gonna have it checked tomorrow but it still sucks to have to deal with it

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I relate a lot to the stuff in this video, in regards to OCD, ADHD, anxiety, mental health, insomnia, depression regarding failure to get stuff done, constant tiredness, etc.

Just thought I'd share for anyone else suffering similar issues.

Finished my post for today, now back to more self imposed exile from social media before my anxiety devours my brain again.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Realized that I haven't been enjoying most shows/games/comics I've read in the last two years properly. This isn't because they're bad or because they're not to my taste, I've just been emotionally numb for a good chunk of these two years.

There are some exceptions of course but some of the ones I didn't properly enjoy really hurt.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
My mom's been battling stage 4 cancer for years but now it's moved to her liver. She has under six months to live.
Edit, my mom died.

Last edited:
Top Bottom