• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

D

Deleted member

I recently had sleep paralysis after taking a nap. I think it was because 1) I slept on my back, and 2) I was feeling super depressed after a hideous losing streak in Smash. I'm tired and angry right now and I'm worried I'm gonna suffer it again.

This might be a sign that I need to leave the game alone for weeks...

Last edited by a moderator:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm taking care of my mom, who has stage 4 cancer and a low white bloodcell count. We live 2 miles away. She called me and was acting dilerous, a side effect of infection, saying that someone said she left her car running (because she forgot to turn it off after driving this morning) and she said the year was 1988, then 1922. So at 6:40 I called a cab to take me over so i could turn the car off and drive her to the hospital, she has a car and I don't. At 8-****ing 30 the cab still hadn't arived so I called my cousin. He's coming to get me now (8:47) so I can drive mom to the hospital. **** the cab service in my town.

Edit, at the hospital they did a bunch of tests anhd put her on antibiotics. Idid't get home til 2:30 AM.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Took a long drive home after college and got a nice soda to help quench my thirst after my 9 pm class. When I shut my car door I accidentally spilled my soda all over everything. I know this is a really big first world problem compared to everything else but this legit ruined my day.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There isn't a whole lot to be happy about ATM. I was able to rise to a position at work through hard work but I guess I wasn't very good at it. The position required filing papers in drawers, and while I was able to do that I wasn't able to do it perfectly. Not realizing I had to shred old documents. They demoted me, and I think I overheard a conversation that the company wants to get rid of me.

There is also a lot of stuff happening in my family. My mom is constantly worried about her work closing down and not being able to find a job. I have multiple family members in bad health. One more s able to fix his health but doesn't because he suffers from depression. And I have a family member who found out their spouse was cheating on them.

Because of everything that's been going on I've started suffering from anxiety attacks.

I honestly don't think I'm capable of living the life that's expected of me. I don't fit in working with the general public. This job, and my last one, prove that. But I'm not sure what I can do. I don't think my artistic talent is good enough to make money from. My degree from school is worthless. IDK. I might just be screwed.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm in a small town that has twice the amount of men as women so it's really hard to meet women. I tried match.com and never in 6 months got a reply from someone in my city (only other cities). It sucks here. Then I didn't qualify for their match guarantee offer that should have given me 6 more months free because they had guidelines that only appeared as a pop up and I didn't know to scroll my mouse over them. Seriously AVOID MATCH.COM IT'S A RIP OFF!!!

So I unsubscribed. What a ****ing waste of money.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I asked my parents to not use f word and my mom said I should be an activist if I have no identity outside of my sexuality. And got angry overall.

And now I'm running away from home like a kid.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm under a lot of stress, having to hold it together while taking care of my mom who has stage 4 cancer, that means it's not curable. I went to the weekly smash ultimate tourney but could NOT get my head in the game. I played like complete ****, SDing, overshooting the ledge, running into Ganoncide. I said I wanted to strike FD when I meant BF and had to fight IKe on BF. Sometimes I can pull it together but not tonight. I feel like screaming until my lungs explode.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm under a lot of stress, having to hold it together while taking care of my mom who has stage 4 cancer, that means it's not curable. I went to the weekly smash ultimate tourney but could NOT get my head in the game. I played like complete ****, SDing, overshooting the ledge, running into Ganoncide. Sometimes I can pull it together but not tonight. I feel like screaming until my lungs explode.
I'm sorry to hear that man. Cancer is a horrible thing...:(

D

Deleted member

i cried in public

again

for the third ****ing time

pretty sure everyone on campus thinks i'm some weirdo

D

Deleted member

My mind is a mess.

I either have too many thoughts at once, too much negativity when it isn’t even reasonable or just care too much about everyone around me outside home.

Between this and my anxiety, I really need to do something to fix my mind already, since I am failing at stuff I normally don’t just because I can’t focus.

D

Deleted member

I have this problem with Smash Ultimate. Every time I play, there's always something to infuriate me: Getting 4th place in a FFA, walking into a smash attack, getting meteor smashed, t-baggers especially.

I dunno what to do. I'm considering professional therapy, as nothing else is working. Unfortunately, I can't bring myself to go along with it because of how silly this issue is. I just wanna be done with this.

D

Deleted member

I'm just hurting, and feeling hopeless. I'm constantly in everyone's way, and I just don't feel like I'm not important in this world...

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I had the weirdest dream last night where I was told that someone who was my best friend and lover for years killed themselves. When I woke up I realized that the person who died in my dreams wasn't even real and I had no actual relation with them. I know it didn't even happen but the whole experience has messed me up and I don't feel like doing anything now.

D

Deleted member

My father and his new girlfriend are financially crippling us and trying to kick us out of our house. My father is also refusing to divorce my mother so that, if he does manage to get us out of the house, he’ll be able to claim ownership of it. We’ll be penniless.
My mother, brother and I all have Lyme disease, whose existence is outright denied by most doctors in Australia. My brother and I are fortunate enough to possess natural antibodies due to contracting it upon birth, but my mother is so, so sick.
I love my dad, yet despise him. He’s doing horrible things, but the consequences don’t occur to him. I think he’s mildly mentally ill..
Anyway, I love the guy, but loving someone who is trying to ruin your mother’s life without regard for you tends to make you despise yourself.
The worst part is that he clearly loves me too.
I excel at most things I do, yet he continues to raise his expectations and pick out minuscule flaws. He makes me feel like I’m not good enough.

Wow. I love this thread so much.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
wow. I love this thread so much.
You're going through a lot more than many do in half their lives. I just hope things can work out for you and your family.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Misery loves company.

I have chronic insomnia. The last 2 nights I slept for 2 and a half hours then woke up and couldn't go back to sleep no matter what I tried.

D

Deleted member

You're going through a lot more than many do in half their lives. I just hope things can work out for you and your family.
Thank you so much, that means more to me than you know. Or maybe you do know. Point being, I really appreciate what you said. :)
Also how is one both a moderator and a super moderator? :3

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Thank you so much, that means more to me than you know. Or maybe you do know. Point being, I really appreciate what you said. :)
Also how is one both a moderator and a super moderator? :3
Hey no worries. Have you made friends on here that you can talk to every now and again? Can be nice when things are a bit overwhelming irl.

As for the mod thing, I think it's just a system glitch. I was actually asking the same question this morning lol.

D

Deleted member

Hey no worries. Have you made friends on here that you can talk to every now and again? Can be nice when things are a bit overwhelming irl.

As for the mod thing, I think it's just a system glitch. I was actually asking the same question this morning lol.
There are a couple of users here who I come to sometimes when things are a bit much, but I try not to bother them with what I described here..
Frankly, I prefer discussing other users’ issues with them; it takes my mind off of things and give me a new perspective on life, with the addd bonus of benefiting someone, having them know that their problems are acknowledged.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
There are a couple of users here who I come to sometimes when things are a bit much, but I try not to bother them with what I described here..
Frankly, I prefer discussing other users’ issues with them; it takes my mind off of things and give me a new perspective on life, with the addd bonus of benefiting someone, having them know that their problems are acknowledged.
That's a really nice perspective. I'm sure your friends wouldn't think you're bothering them though, but I 100% understand that feeling.

D

Deleted member

That's a really nice perspective. I'm sure your friends wouldn't think you're bothering them though, but I 100% understand that feeling.
Thanks! It’s comforting to know you get what I mean.
Uh, if you don’t mind me asking, you just seem really understanding of things. Have you experience something similar?
I know it’s kind of rude to make a statement like that, but I though I should ask..

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Thanks! It’s comforting to know you get what I mean.
Uh, if you don’t mind me asking, you just seem really understanding of things. Have you experience something similar?
I know it’s kind of rude to make a statement like that, but I though I should ask..
Not necessarily the divorce stuff, but my parents definite had some... issues. Mother had some serious health issues that started when I was quite young, and I also had some tough health issues iny early childhood. Just as those cleated up in my late teem years, I developed eyesight issues. So yeah, I understand that feeling of a weight you can never really lift.

D

Deleted member

Not necessarily the divorce stuff, but my parents definite had some... issues. Mother had some serious health issues that started when I was quite young, and I also had some tough health issues iny early childhood. Just as those cleated up in my late teem years, I developed eyesight issues. So yeah, I understand that feeling of a weight you can never really lift.
That sounds absolutely horrific, I’m so sorry you had to endure all that. Is your health alright now?

D

Deleted member

Unfortunately I have to leave now Teran Teran , but thank you so much for what you’ve said tonight.
… Is alright if I set up a PM with you at some point?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
That sounds absolutely horrific, I’m so sorry you had to endure all that. Is your health alright now?
Thanks, I got through it all in one piece, and physically I'm great now. My eyesight will probably always be awful but it's not really something I fixate on. I guess it's why I understand where you're coming from when you try to be there for others, among other things. Idk how old you are but I'm guessing you're still somewhat young living with family/siblings etc in a dependent situation. I guess what I appreciate most of all is how you don't really seem to carry a lot of resentment, which is definitely any easy place to be in when you're younger.

Edit: and feel free to PM me whenever if you feel like it. Take care. :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Thanks, I got through it all in one piece, and physically I'm great now. My eyesight will probably always be awful but it's not really something I fixate on. I guess it's why I understand where you're coming from when you try to be there for others, among other things.
Thank goodness you’re physically well now. I can only say I’m sorry about your eyesight, but I really respect your perspective on it.
Idk how old you are but I'm guessing you're still somewhat young living with family/siblings etc in a dependent situation.
Thirteen years old.
I guess what I appreciate most of all is how you don't really seem to carry a lot of resentment, which is definitely any easy place to be in when you're younger.
Thank you.
The resentment’s there, but it’s tiring to be angry all the time. I can’t really be bothered.
Edit: and feel free to PM me whenever if you feel like it. Take care. :)
Thank you so much, I appreciate it. You take care too. :)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Just finished watching the second part of Arrested Development's 5th season.

The magic is dead. They tried to recreate it but it's just...not. I dunno, but I feel really bummed out about it. Maybe it's just the sense that you just can't go back, no matter how you might want to at times? I dunno. It's late, I'm tired.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm irritable. My mom was confused again so I took her to the hospital; she had a urinary track infection. Since it's Easter I couldn't fill her antibiotic RX until tomorrow so she'll be confused tonight. I'll stay at her house and get her settled for a few hours then go home and get the rx in the morning. That's how I spent my afternoon and had to miss a meetup. This time she thought it was 1998. Past explanation:
I'm taking care of my mom, who has stage 4 cancer and a low white bloodcell count. We live 2 miles away. She called me and was acting dilerous, a side effect of infection, saying that someone said she left her car running (because she forgot to turn it off after driving this morning) and she said the year was 1988, then 1922. So at 6:40 I called a cab to take me over so i could turn the car off and drive her to the hospital, she has a car and I don't. At 8-****ing 30 the cab still hadn't arived so I called my cousin. He's coming to get me now (8:47) so I can drive mom to the hospital. **** the cab service in my town.

Edit, at the hospital they did a bunch of tests anhd put her on antibiotics. Idid't get home til 2:30 AM.

Crescentium

Smash Cadet
In a couple hours or so, I'll be having three wisdom teeth removed. Being unable to eat or drink pre-op sucks, and I can't wait for everything to taste like blood post-op. The cherry on top is that I couldn't really sleep last night either. I could punch, like, 50 babies for an ice cold glass of water right now.

Will update if I'm coherent enough after surgery...or I'll just type in random **** while I'm high off the anesthesia and pain killers, that outta be fun for everyone too.

Edit: Feeling fine after surgery so far. Nothing weird happened. Actually feel better post op than pre op. Will probably start whining when the painkillers wear off...or so I'm told.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've been feeling depressed the past few days and I can't figure out why...

Rizen

Smash Legend
My turtle hasn't eaten for a while so we have to force feed her by holding her upside down and putting drops of strawberry protein drink in the 'cup' her beak makes. It takes forever. If this doesn't get het eating we'll have to put her on antibiotics.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
My turtle hasn't eaten for a while so we have to force feed her by holding her upside down and putting drops of strawberry protein drink in the 'cup' her beak makes. It takes forever. If this doesn't get het eating we'll have to put her on antibiotics.
Is the temperature moist and warm? Ours did that too but rebounded after plenty of sun and water. Then we left the ac on before leaving for a while and got back and it was sick again so we had to go 78 degrees until we got another home for him.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Is the temperature moist and warm? Ours did that too but rebounded after plenty of sun and water. Then we left the ac on before leaving for a while and got back and it was sick again so we had to go 78 degrees until we got another home for him.
The vet said she probably wasn't warm enough so we bought her, the turtle, a heating pad.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
After a week long break with no contact, my girlfriend and I are going to chat and see if we can save our relationship. Wish me luck.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I just want time to stop.

For one ****ing god damn day.

D

Deleted member

Everyone is always shouting at or around me.

I really want these holidays to be comfy and quiet for the sake of my sanity... but so far it sadly seems like everything will keep being the same just outside of high school.

Why must I always get into trouble anywhere I go?

Top Bottom