• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:

Having a bit of a living situation at the moment (getting kicked out of the current place I am staying), so going to be moving back into the parents' house until I can get back on my feet. . . Also pretty broke and have little to no money for needed funds, et cetera.

Pretty unhappy and stressed.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
:link:

Having a bit of a living situation at the moment (getting kicked out of the current place I am staying), so going to be moving back into the parents' house until I can get back on my feet. . . Also pretty broke and have little to no money for needed funds, et cetera.

Pretty unhappy and stressed.
Life happens. Give it time and hopefully you'll get back in the swing of things and back on your feet. Good luck.

I hate my life
Everything alright?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kind of wish I just liked the things everyone else likes.

I have to sit patiently while everyone else gets what they want.

But then when it's my turn, when something I like is finally coming into fruition ...everyone else has to complain about it.

This upcoming Pokemon Go community day is just a small example, but the latest example.

FINALLY my chance to get a Shiny Blastoise. He gets a special move from evolving.

But no, Blastoise is not a top tier pokemon so everyone needs to complain about it. "Why can't we have a Bagon day instead"!

---

You know what I also hate? This weird pattern I've noticed.

Someone insults me, I come up with a vastly superior comeback, then tons of people rush in to defend the person that insulted me first.

Last edited:

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
I am 22 and I’m literally just now learning how to be a self-aware human because I was sheltered all my god damn life and I’m just coming to terms with how my life is set up right now. Discovered I have 2-3 mental illnesses, I don’t know how to interact with people my age, and I don’t know anything to keep a casual conversation of even the basic things. And honestly, I’m pissed off about it. I’m pissed off at everyone who held me back and I know I have the potential to be great. Everyone tells me that, but no one seems to help me, and it’s too late for that. No one has ever asked me want I wanted. Outside of asking me what they want from me.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I have a crap ton of work to do over the weekend, and to stop it off a kid just got arrested in my class today and thrown to the ground for no reason so I'm completely shocked to do anything (I can't stop thinking about it).

Austria

Smash Rookie
NNID
HOW ABOUT NO?
3DS FC
1234-5678-9012
Switch FC
1234 4321 1244
i’m extremely happy. what are you guys so sad about here?

Last edited:

CursedKaiju

Smash Apprentice
i’m extremely happy. what are you guys so sad about here?
This thread is mainly made so people can vent about how life isn't going so well, and sometimes others trying to cheer them up or sympathize.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Because apathetic non-voters Trump will be able to appoint a new supreme court justice, just like his record number of other judges appointed, who will **** the USA over for several decades. Just like how the deficite's soaring and the enviornment's burning up. But at least Trump repealed the ACA, locked Hillary up and got Mexico to pay for the wall- oh wait NONE OF HIS "PROMISES" HAPPENED! Next time vote Democrat.

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
They said the same old platitudes that everyone has heard a million times. "It gets better" "take it day by day" "lots of people care about you.”

So now that they know an embarrassing and vulnerable fact about me, what have I gained? Do I feel better? Are they going to have any insight or advice that I haven't already learned? Ha, no. At best they have sympathy for me (which I don't want), and at worst they will be uncomfortable and not want to interact with me anymore (this happened with 3 different friends before I finally learned my lesson).

I mean, perhaps that helps for people with very mild or temporary depression. And that's fine and all, but it's pretty discouraging when the advice literally begins and ends with "talk to someone." If you say "yeah so I tried that..." they'll just throw their hands up and tell you to use drugs.

Or just say "hang in there!" Hang in there, huh? Just a few more decades and you'll die naturally. Hang in there, every day is a living hell with no respite from the emotional numbness/pain, but do it anyway. Depression causes you to be a worthless failure because you don't have the motivation to further your career or social life, but hang in there as a complete loser!

Then of course the natural progression beyond'someone' is a 'therapist.' "Talk to a therapist and get help." Ok, let me just pull money out of my ***, and pay hundreds of dollars for someone who probably won't be able to do **** for me anyway...

CursedKaiju

Smash Apprentice
They said the same old platitudes that everyone has heard a million times. "It gets better" "take it day by day" "lots of people care about you.”

So now that they know an embarrassing and vulnerable fact about me, what have I gained? Do I feel better? Are they going to have any insight or advice that I haven't already learned? Ha, no. At best they have sympathy for me (which I don't want), and at worst they will be uncomfortable and not want to interact with me anymore (this happened with 3 different friends before I finally learned my lesson).

I mean, perhaps that helps for people with very mild or temporary depression. And that's fine and all, but it's pretty discouraging when the advice literally begins and ends with "talk to someone." If you say "yeah so I tried that..." they'll just throw their hands up and tell you to use drugs.

Or just say "hang in there!" Hang in there, huh? Just a few more decades and you'll die naturally. Hang in there, every day is a living hell with no respite from the emotional numbness/pain, but do it anyway. Depression causes you to be a worthless failure because you don't have the motivation to further your career or social life, but hang in there as a complete loser!

Then of course the natural progression beyond'someone' is a 'therapist.' "Talk to a therapist and get help." Ok, let me just pull money out of my ***, and pay hundreds of dollars for someone who probably won't be able to do **** for me anyway...
Ive been in the same situation as you back in my senior year of highschool. When I told my friends alot of them found it really uncomfortable and stopped talking to me. I felt the same way as you with hearing the same old "advice" that doesn't mean ****. I just kept chugging on but I didn't think anything would change, so I started cutting and attempted to kill myself. Most close friends and family dont know that I tried but I fell into the worst I ever felt. However I finally got out of my slump by making a new group of friends by doing what I love, and at the time it was playing smash. I became pretty close to them and we hang out still, playing DND, Diablo, Smash, etc. Anyways what I am trying to say is that while most of the advice comes from people who don't know what you are going through. There will come a point were you sit down and truly think will it be better when you are gone, and thats when you have to look deep inside and remember what you wanted to do before you became depressed, or the things you really want to do regardless if its likely to happen or not. If wanting to try and reach those dreams and try continung to do what use to be fun then please do it. I plead you to try something new, and try to make new friends without letting know whats going on right away. Some people and activities will help you find a new outlook on life. I know in my case working out helped a ton and trying new things like DND led me to finding some of my favorite things and favorite people. If life seems too much of a waste and you truly have nothing to look forward to I dont recommend killing yourself and atleast trying to talk to a hotline but Im not in charge of your life, you are. If you want to talk more I would be more than happy to have a private conversation.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I stop responding to medicine after 2 or 3 months. It works at first but than I build up a tollerance. I'm really depressed and anxious. I wish meds would just work properly.

CursedKaiju

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I've been working with someone or other for a long time. This always happens; I just don't respond well to medicines after a few months.
well that sucks, I hope you find a better, long term solution

D

Deleted member

I just side b'ed off the edge with little mac twice in a for glory game..

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Due to my job, I've been missing EX Raids on Pokemon Go. Friday would be my last chance before I am unable to play for months, and I've asked the local Pokemon Go group made up of Americans. They make fun of me for asking each time and say they'll only do it if I pay them or give them a shiny Pokemon. I would ask the locals who seem much nicer, but I've been getting off work very late where I have to miss all the raids and am unable to meet the people I have normally seen around.

LucinaNab1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SSB311007Bond
Life is really starting to hit rock bottom for me right now. The bad part is I've long lost most of the interest I've had for Smash and other games. I just don't have the patience to deal with PvP stuff anymore, it quickly overwhelms me and I can't have any fun.

This is going to sound ridiculous as all hell, but I don't care anymore. I really need to meet some women who play Smash. All too often I try to share my interests with my friends and family, only for none of them to catch on. Basically, I'm running myself ragged getting into everyone else's interests all the time, and the stuff I actually like sits on the back burner or gets ignored altogether.

Things are just really rough and my mind is in a haze. I've tried making more friends but nothing ever gets off the ground.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I feel like Life is just a series of losing stuff, and never gaining anything.

Just once I want to gain something in my life and not just lose stuff.

Though, even when I gain something all I do is fear losing it.

CursedKaiju

Smash Apprentice
Life is really starting to hit rock bottom for me right now. The bad part is I've long lost most of the interest I've had for Smash and other games. I just don't have the patience to deal with PvP stuff anymore, it quickly overwhelms me and I can't have any fun.

This is going to sound ridiculous as all hell, but I don't care anymore. I really need to meet some women who play Smash. All too often I try to share my interests with my friends and family, only for none of them to catch on. Basically, I'm running myself ragged getting into everyone else's interests all the time, and the stuff I actually like sits on the back burner or gets ignored altogether.

Things are just really rough and my mind is in a haze. I've tried making more friends but nothing ever gets off the ground.
I totally understand not having the tolerance for PvP games. I can't enjoy them because most of them I don't love enough to put in as much time as others, which leads to me constantly having my ass handed to me.

While it's not ridiculous to want to find a women who plays smash it may be misguided. Due to the fact I can't tell your gender I will answer why it is misguided from both sides. If you're a dude then looking for one thing in common it may lead to finding friends, but no much more. There is no guaranteeing that you guys will have more things in common and it also limits you to quite a bit. It would be better if you just looked for a women period. If things are really meant to be between you and whomever you find then they will accept that you play smash and might even show interest in trying to learn, to be closer to you.

Sometimes you need to take charge in social situations so you don't get ignored. Also how does it normally work out when you try to make friends?

Also for your hazy mind I would recommend you try meditating, it has worked wonders for me.

It seems that you look too much a material possessions. Whenever you feel like you are going to loose something have you ever thought of something you can't lose, like some knowledge that you learned. Also in life everyone constantly gains and lose stuff, and you will need to figure out what you want. Then work your hardest to achieve whatever it is and remember it you truly want it then you won't lose it. Accepting sometimes that you are going to lose stuff
will help, because you can't keep everything (unless you become a hoarder) and sometimes losing stuff that doesn't matter will make you stronger/better in the long run.

Stressed and lonely pretty much describes me...
Whenever I have become stressed lately I have meditated and it helps alot. If you don't like mediation or it doesn't work for you there are other things you can try. You can work out, read. write, or try losing yourself in one of your favorite hobbies. As for being lonely there are also things you can do. Try replying to some of the more social threads here, try joining new online sites that lead to conversation, like discord, reddit, etc. Try looking for and joining a real life group near you that have a shared interest. There are tons of clubs and groups and schools and park districts.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

Life is worthless and meaningless. The sooner one realizes that, the less stressful existence becomes.

D

Deleted member

I dwell too much on things in the past and they plague my mind for days or sometimes week. I wish I can get these bad thoughts out of my head. It's making me upset...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I totally understand not having the tolerance for PvP games. I can't enjoy them because most of them I don't love enough to put in as much time as others, which leads to me constantly having my *** handed to me.

While it's not ridiculous to want to find a women who plays smash it may be misguided. Due to the fact I can't tell your gender I will answer why it is misguided from both sides. If you're a dude then looking for one thing in common it may lead to finding friends, but no much more. There is no guaranteeing that you guys will have more things in common and it also limits you to quite a bit. It would be better if you just looked for a women period. If things are really meant to be between you and whomever you find then they will accept that you play smash and might even show interest in trying to learn, to be closer to you.

Sometimes you need to take charge in social situations so you don't get ignored. Also how does it normally work out when you try to make friends?

Also for your hazy mind I would recommend you try meditating, it has worked wonders for me.

It seems that you look too much a material possessions. Whenever you feel like you are going to loose something have you ever thought of something you can't lose, like some knowledge that you learned. Also in life everyone constantly gains and lose stuff, and you will need to figure out what you want. Then work your hardest to achieve whatever it is and remember it you truly want it then you won't lose it. Accepting sometimes that you are going to lose stuff
will help, because you can't keep everything (unless you become a hoarder) and sometimes losing stuff that doesn't matter will make you stronger/better in the long run.

Whenever I have become stressed lately I have meditated and it helps alot. If you don't like mediation or it doesn't work for you there are other things you can try. You can work out, read. write, or try losing yourself in one of your favorite hobbies. As for being lonely there are also things you can do. Try replying to some of the more social threads here, try joining new online sites that lead to conversation, like discord, reddit, etc. Try looking for and joining a real life group near you that have a shared interest. There are tons of clubs and groups and schools and park districts.
When I say lose stuff, I'm not talking about material possessions - Well, not solely.

I mean like people dying, leaving, or opportunities closing.

I had a pet die last week. Another that I fear for however long she has left. Family members that are getting old and sick. People I knew for years moving away or losing contact with. People that I cared about more than anything fading into obscurity in my mind and me theirs.

Last edited:

LucinaNab1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SSB311007Bond
I'm not doing as bad as I was, but the situation looks grim. The thing is, I do try to take initiative! I talk to people, try to branch out my inner circle... nothing works. People respond for a bit and then stop responding. It's like no one is interested. So I drown myself in the one thing that has never left me... games.

Oddball

Smash Lord
I've been unemployed since Toys R Us closed.

I feel like I've filled out a hundred application forms and so far I've only heard back from one place. They had me in for an interview and then ... nothing.

CursedKaiju

Smash Apprentice
Been struggling with a lot of stuff for way too long. Have struggled with depression since my senior year but I can't talk about it to anyone without the fear of pushing them away. My parents think Im wasting my life by wanting to pursue a degree in computer animation and that all I do is waste my life. College and finances have been super stressful and I just don't want to deal with it. I've run out of reasons to tell myself to continue to do anything anymore. I have been working out and started a new workout program and diet but I feel like nothing is going to change and life isn't worth living.

Sorry this is all over the place and unstructured.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Have you ever had a crush on a married woman, lol

I know it's not healthy

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Been struggling with a few issues over the years such as holding in this stress. Luckily back in May I finally confessed to my family. It's mainly things I'm really not proud of but now I'm seeking a therapist which has been helping.

I did however suffer from a bit of an emotional mental breakdown on Friday but reminded myself I'm strong and underestimating myself. I'll pull through I believe in myself.

That and I there's promises I kept to my family. My mom I promised her to live life as it is and move forward, my brother to take care of myself and my dad to not look back at life.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've been struggling with paranoia for a while. It's been so bad that I got a panic attack a few weeks ago. I feel like I'm better controlling it now, but every now and then, the paranoia is strong and it makes me think negatively about everything. I want it to stop.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I've lost all my motivation to do anything. I just have a hard time finding a reason to care enough to do stuff.

Just wake up, go to work, go home. Eat. Sleep. Every day.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I was once employed, but only for a day. It paid really well, and the hours were short. Problem was, my work schedule was erratic. After my first day on the job, they told me they'd call me back when they needed me. They might've, but I was too afraid to answer my phone, unless it's from a family member. About two months later, I'd received a letter in the mail detailing about my healthcare paid by them and how it's rendered null and void due to termination of employment. In other words, the letter pretty much confirmed me being fired. With Smash Ultimate's release getting nearer and nearer each waking day, I need to find another job in order to earn enough money to purchase a Nintendo Switch. But all the other jobs are usually something I'm not skilled at and would rather not do, such as working in fast food, since I'm not good at dealing with strangers/customers. Tomorrow afternoon, I think I'll ask for my job back, but I'd rather not get my hopes up.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’m starting to lose hope...I have been unable to find a job since last March when my two year contract ended. I found one “job” if you can call it that in May, but it was too far, had me do stuff not in the description, and the training was all over the place and the guy had a thick accent I couldn’t understand. I only lasted 3 days. Other than that it’s been a non stop string of rejections. And the jobs that WILL take me are either too far (which in my case is a drive greater than 32 minutes) or they require I MUST speak Spanish, especially for IT jobs. How am I supposed to learn a million computing words in Spanish?

And there was this one position that would have been PERFECT. It was close by, relevant to what I studied, had no extra requirements I couldn’t meet AND was close to my therapist’s new office, since my mental health lately hasn’t been great. And I got rejected anyway.

I’m gonna be 30 next year and I’m losing hope. A lot of peers my age or younger are just so further ahead in life than me, and the majority of it all is because they’ve been able to keep consistent job histories, always getting hired, no gaps. I live with a sick family and want to take care of them more too and I cannot do that without a consistent source of income. I can’t focus on doing writing commissions, I don’t get a lot of bits/subs/tips on Twitch when I stream, and selling things is very hit-or-miss. I fear I may have to resort to begging for money for the rest of my life just to get by, and if dad dies soon and I’m still jobless we may have to move into a dingy apartment in the seediest part of town and...I just feel like the world has it out against me.

D

Deleted member

I’m starting to lose hope...I have been unable to find a job since last March when my two year contract ended. I found one “job” if you can call it that in May, but it was too far, had me do stuff not in the description, and the training was all over the place and the guy had a thick accent I couldn’t understand. I only lasted 3 days. Other than that it’s been a non stop string of rejections. And the jobs that WILL take me are either too far (which in my case is a drive greater than 32 minutes) or they require I MUST speak Spanish, especially for IT jobs. How am I supposed to learn a million computing words in Spanish?

And there was this one position that would have been PERFECT. It was close by, relevant to what I studied, had no extra requirements I couldn’t meet AND was close to my therapist’s new office, since my mental health lately hasn’t been great. And I got rejected anyway.

I’m gonna be 30 next year and I’m losing hope. A lot of peers my age or younger are just so further ahead in life than me, and the majority of it all is because they’ve been able to keep consistent job histories, always getting hired, no gaps. I live with a sick family and want to take care of them more too and I cannot do that without a consistent source of income. I can’t focus on doing writing commissions, I don’t get a lot of bits/subs/tips on Twitch when I stream, and selling things is very hit-or-miss. I fear I may have to resort to begging for money for the rest of my life just to get by, and if dad dies soon and I’m still jobless we may have to move into a dingy apartment in the seediest part of town and...I just feel like the world has it out against me.
Praying for you. :)

Top Bottom