• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Wii U Ganondorf Community Video Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Are mirror matches allowed this time?

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I will try and get some gameplay, I'm sure I can get some good stuff I just need a chance.

It is harder to play atm as my brother has a concussion ans he can't view games long if at all, but tv is alright and he uses the U for that which I don't mind, just letting you guys known I won't be able to get anything atm.

Also, my phone is missing and I need it to record lol.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Can I suggest When You're Evil by Voltaire for the music? No?

If you have room for another clip volunteer, I've got a few good moments somewhere in my replays.

Hi-Hatz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vrillyhoo
2 questions: what is the ideal length of the song, so that i may better vote/suggest, and would you prefer 1 youtube upload of all of our submitted footage hard-cut together? i'm kinda really hype for this. :4ganondorf:

** kk thanks ray.

Last edited:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
2 questions: what is the ideal length of the song, so that i may better vote/suggest, and would you prefer 1 youtube upload of all of our submitted footage hard-cut together? i'm kinda really hype for this. :4ganondorf:
1.) Doesn't matter as of now.

2.) Doesn't matter. One Youtube video or a bunch.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
I already have a clip. Should I PM it to you or post it here?

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I have some excellent replays, but no way to record besides my phone. Nonetheless, I want to help in some way...
Hmmm...
I can probably make some awesome 8-Bit renditions of Ganondorfs themes. I think that would be really cool.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Wait, are phone recordings not allowed? I don't have a capture card...

Also, if the video includes a ganoncide highlight segment, I'd like to recommend this.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero

Also, if the video includes a ganoncide highlight segment, I'd like to recommend this.
Try getting you hands on a Recording Device, then. There are cheap ones that works almost as good as expensive ones.
Or you could try and borrow one from a friend.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386

LOL

I've got a few music ideas. Some of the most evil songs I know:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I know this is lame of me to bring this up...but I really do intend to try to see myself if this works. Once I actually find a random USB in this house...

I believe it IS possible to share replays through Wii-U formatted USB drives. That's something allowed in the Wii-U system menu. I currently can't tell if you can or cannot move/copy personal Smash Bros data, but I highly suspect that replay data is almost certainly saved there.

Obviously, a replay sharing solution would be useful for distributing replays to people with good recording equipment.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Yeab no capture card here so I'll probably have to sit this out.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
We could always wait for replay sharing to go live.

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
I probably won't be appearing in the video, but since you're looking for music suggestions:

Mitternacht by E Nomine

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
I am literally praying for a replay sharing function, since I have been attempting to get as much flashiness as possible into my matches where possible.

In particular, footstooling people at the very bottom of the blast zone. Hilarious.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
@ Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm I sent you .mov files in our conversation. (It's a dropbox link to the files) :p

Please let me know if you got them. Thanks.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
We could always wait for replay sharing to go live.
I totally forgot about this. Yeah, I just remembered that Nintendo hasn't even finished releasing all the features for this game.

Worst case scenario, they might do a balance update that causes us to lose replays, but by then, we'll all be better at this game anyway.

Last edited:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
I highly recommend "Symphony of Destruction" by Megadeth. Not only does the song enhance my Ganondorf play, it also works perfectly for combo videos, and suits Ganondorf's brutality well.

Last edited:

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
I'd also like to recommend Raoh's theme from the Hokuto no Ken game, since in addition to fitting Ganondorf well Raoh is also the character a lot of Ganondorf's moves (particularly aerial FC) and playstyle were based on.

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
If you are after a music suggestion, and this hasn't been suggested, go for this!

Very Ganon. Even more Ganondorf.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I do hope the Wii U's replay sharing patch doesn't affect current replays. I've got one where I Warlock Punch a Falco out of his Side B that I'd love to be in this video. I'm not really sure how I'd otherwise save/transfer them.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I do hope the Wii U's replay sharing patch doesn't affect current replays. I've got one where I Warlock Punch a Falco out of his Side B that I'd love to be in this video. I'm not really sure how I'd otherwise save/transfer them.
Almost exactly all of what you just said applies to me except it was a Fire Bird, hah. Oh, and a Fire Fox once too.

But yeah, I really want to be able to at least move my replays to external media if a replay sharing function is going to desync them anyways. That way if I get a capture card or whatever, I can just remove the patch update temporarily and still access my old replays that way. If I can't move my old replays or share them after the patch, I may just go without replays until I can get video capture device so I can cherry pick the ones I really really like before I ultimately had to delete most of them... which would be sad and stupid. Even Brawl managed replays better even with the time limitations. I'll just add that the whole fact that external media can only be formatted for Wii U is frustrating too.

Btw, when shopping for video capture devices is there a nice option that works on both Wii U and 3DS? I guess the 3DS is kind of a special case and not as important to me as my Wii U, but still, that option would be sweet.

Last edited:

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
I'm sad that 3DS won't be used. I got a reverse warlock punch in Little Mac's face as he used his KO punch. Also sad that the update ate all my awesome replays.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yeah, just as I'm fearing, most likely once Wii-U replay sharing is up, those prior to patch can't be shared.

As I've said before, we've all had a lot of time to improve though, so anything we save post-patch will almost certainly be higher quality than what we've had before.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I have a theory and a backup plan for if, post patch, our Wii U replays become desynched, unsharable, or unmoveable. I should clarify that they most certainly will be desynched if the 3DS is anything to go on and as a result unsharable... but I'm still hoping they at least give us an option to move our replays to some external media rather than just delete them.

Anyways, the theory and backup plan works under the assumption that your replays are saved in your save file. I don't see why they wouldn't be. Assuming they are, you just copy your save file to some external media, probably a flash drive. You'll probably want to just copy everything over in fact so that your game loads from the flash drive with everything it needs. Then you pull the flash drive, and update your game. The save file already on your Wii U will now be updated and you can feel free to delete your old replays. Now, if you already use external media to save your game files, great. This makes switching between the updated Wii U patched version and your old unpatched version easy. You just need them to be on different drives for ease of access. Want to view or upload via capture a pre-patch replay from your old save file? Just unplug your usual external media device and plug in your little backup flash drive with your pre-patched Smash files. Tada.

Hopefully this theory works in practice. If not, I kinda got nothing, heh. Well, unless the patch actually lets us move our replays around independent of the save file like how it was in Brawl, even if they're desyched. Then we'd actually have a better alternative to this work around I just came up with.

Last edited:

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
They significantly changed the way the AI acts in the 3DS patch, and as you all probably know, the AI doesn't have its inputs saved, it just plays the match exactly the same way it did the first time. Of course, if the AI doesn't act the same way anymore, the replay would desync. That's probably what broke replays. If they don't do anything similar on the Wii U, it'll probably be fine.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
@ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG tournament is coming to an end, and spring 2015 is coming closer. I think we should get a replay sharing option for the Wii U somewhere at that time.

I've finishing the touches with the intro, and will slowly begin the combo section.

@ Opana Opana You'll need to give me footage with better quality, directly recorded with a capture device and uploaded to Youtube or Dropbox. This is why it's better for me to wait till the replay sharing function for the Wii U is here.

I'm looking for something like this: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/caisq3dz...SOWV798fpa?dl=0#lh:null-Ganon tourney r1.mpeg (This is the footage that @ Xinc Xinc sent me).

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Are customs matches allowed? Also I would like to be involved provided replay sharing is live in time for the video.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Perfect... My computer has crashed, so I'm not sure I'll be able to record my clips in time. Guess I'll have to buy a new PC :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom