• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate SSB4 Character

XenoFalcon95

Smash Cadet
hey guys, I made this last night out because it's something I've been thinking about awhile. I tried to make the ultimate SSB4 character using preexisting moves. Feedback is very appreciated. Thanks! ^_^

ultimate smash 4 character (by xenofalcon95) (also I might be wrong)
fox's model and movement
villager's jab
sheik's f-tilt
mario's up-tilt
diddy's d-tilt
fox's dash attack
marth's f-smash
fox's up-smash
zss's d-smash
bowser's grab
dk's cargo throws instead of foreward throw
bowser's up throw
ness's back throw
mario's down throw
cloud's n-air
fox's f-air
rosalina's up-air
cloud's b-air
cloud's d-air
zss's up b (insane kill power, has two angles + priority)
corrin's side b (priority, range, safe on block, safe on miss and can help with recovery)
sheik's down b (kill power, speed, safe on block, and good horizontal recovery
sheik's neutral b (priority, edgeguarding, and fast projectile)

PURGE THEM LIKE THE

Smash Apprentice
Jab should go to either mac or rosaluma

There are better up tilts than mario such as fox's

Down tilt i would give to mewtwo

Forward smash....mac's is better but there will already be other moves that anti-air or are safe on block so i guess marth's is fine

Up smash should be mr gw

Cant decide between mac and zss for down smash

There are 3 grabs so i would say standing should be the longest range frame 6 grab, dash grab should be falcon's or greninja's, and pivot grab could be bowser or dk

There are already 2 combo throws so up throw should be mewtwo's

Fox's forward air isnt even good and since theres already cloud's neutral air for spacing forward air should be either shieks for extended horizontal comboing or mewtwo's for horizontal comboing and a brilliant kill move

Since theres already a lot of coverage from neutral air i guess rosaluma up air would be a better pick than cloud

down air should be someone like peach's

shoryuken kills better than boost kick except when close to the blast zone and is invincible on frame 1 so i would pick it instead
Or just pick witch twist

Pin is one of the best side specials but i would also consider having a reflector. It makes those with killing projectiles hesitant to shoot them. I would pick mewtwo's since it also acts as a miniature jump and command grab

Down special should be witch time

the real reason you should be picking needles is because they allow you to do tilts out of running

Hotcakes

Smash Rookie
You should swap out Mario's up tilt for a stronger anti air since you already have two good combo starters with your forward and down tilts. Ryu's strong up tilt is an excellent anti air and would also include his weak up tilt if you still want another combo starter.

Forward air should definitely be swapped for something else. Sheik's, Luigi's, and Mewtwo's are all good combo starters with the latter also killing at higher percents. Something more disjointed along the lines of Lucina's or Robin's could also work.

For neutral special I think that Shulk's is a clear cut above the rest. It enhances the rest of your kit dramatically.

If you're going to stick to one character's movement specs then I think that Greninja's would be a better choice. His walk speed, run speed, and fall speed are all pretty close to Fox's but he also has significantly better air speed.

For up smash, I think Game & Watch's is a better choice than Fox's due to its partial invincibility and much lower end lag.

Since you already have cargo throw and Mario's down throw I think your up throw should be switched to Mewtwo's. Three combo throws seems a bit excessive.

Bouncing Fish is pretty good but I think opting for a held item instead could really open up a lot of options. Diddy's Banana, Rob's Gyro, and Toon Link's Bombs would all work pretty well.

Swapping down smash for something else could help. Mario's is extremely fast, hits on both sides, and has little end lag. It might not set up for spikes like Zero Suit's but it still secures kills pretty early with its high knock back growth and low angle.

XenoFalcon95

Smash Cadet
You should swap out Mario's up tilt for a stronger anti air since you already have two good combo starters with your forward and down tilts. Ryu's strong up tilt is an excellent anti air and would also include his weak up tilt if you still want another combo starter.

Forward air should definitely be swapped for something else. Sheik's, Luigi's, and Mewtwo's are all good combo starters with the latter also killing at higher percents. Something more disjointed along the lines of Lucina's or Robin's could also work.

For neutral special I think that Shulk's is a clear cut above the rest. It enhances the rest of your kit dramatically.

If you're going to stick to one character's movement specs then I think that Greninja's would be a better choice. His walk speed, run speed, and fall speed are all pretty close to Fox's but he also has significantly better air speed.

For up smash, I think Game & Watch's is a better choice than Fox's due to its partial invincibility and much lower end lag.

Since you already have cargo throw and Mario's down throw I think your up throw should be switched to Mewtwo's. Three combo throws seems a bit excessive.

Bouncing Fish is pretty good but I think opting for a held item instead could really open up a lot of options. Diddy's Banana, Rob's Gyro, and Toon Link's Bombs would all work pretty well.

Swapping down smash for something else could help. Mario's is extremely fast, hits on both sides, and has little end lag. It might not set up for spikes like Zero Suit's but it still secures kills pretty early with its high knock back growth and low angle.

Monado arts are actually kind of not that good, since they all have bad weaknesses and are disabled after you use them. The reason I picked needles is because they're fast and good for edgeguarding. I do kind of agree with mewtwo's upthrow, I think I kind of overdid it with combo throws.

Hotcakes

Smash Rookie
I'd look again at the downsides of monado arts. Buster lets you dish out 40% more damage in exchange for taking only 13% more. That's a very large difference. You also deal decreased knockback in this mode which increases how long you can extend your strings for.

Scribe

Sing, sing for ourselves alone.
Writing Team
NNID
KipShades
3DS FC
5241-1937-7022
I feel like Monado Arts on a character with better frame data would probably be way more busted than they are on Shulk. Just look at how favorable the Shulk-Kirby matchup is for Kirby

And I think MagicScrumpy brought this up in his "ultimate spacie" video for Melee, but move synergy is also an important consideration. Just giving a character the best move in the game for each move slot might not be as good as you'd expect if the rest of their kit prevents them from fully taking advantage of what makes it good on the character it's from

Frection

Smash Rookie
I feel like Monado Arts on a character with better frame data would probably be way more busted than they are on Shulk
It's not about better frame data. It's about ZSS down smash into Finishing Touch while in Smash mode. Literally any kill-confirm setup, even before considering character combinations, becomes completely overpowered once you consider Smash Monado Art.

Last edited:

Scribe

Writing Team
NNID
KipShades
3DS FC
5241-1937-7022
It's not about better frame data. It's about ZSS down smash into Finishing Touch while in Smash mode. Literally any kill-confirm setup, even before considering character combinations, becomes completely overpowered once you consider Smash Monado Art.
See, I was thinking about, like, how Kirby has a loop with jump monado activated, and stuff like that.

SwagGuy99

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon's models and attributes except with Mario's falling speed
Villager's jab
Sheik's f-tilt
Mario's up and down tilts
Meta Knight's dash attack
Luigi's up smash and forward smash
DK's down smash
Bowser's grab
DK's forward throw
Dr. Mario's forward and back throws
Luigi's down throw
Bowser's up throw
Luigi's n-air, f-air
Captain Falcon's u-air
Falco's d-air
ZSS's up b
Corrin's side b
Lucas's down b
Shulk's neutral b

Luigi's d-throw and aerial combo tools are here so comboing isn't an issue. Kill power isn't an issue with the knockback scaling on forward and up smash along with DK's down smash for damage and knockback combined. Dr. Mario's throws are good KOing options and Bowser's up throw combos into Rosa's up air. Falcon's high speed and jump height allow maneuverability and Meta Knight's dash attack allows for combos. Falcon's up air works with boost kicks and Corrin's side B allows for stage control. Lucas's down b allows healing and monado arts are just OP. All tilts here are also combo starters and Dair is a reliable meteor smash.

Last edited:

Gryphon827

Smash Apprentice
villager's jab
marth's f-smash
dk's cargo throws instead of forward throw
cloud's n-air
fox's f-air
rosalina's up-air
cloud's b-air
cloud's d-air
corrin's side b
sheik's neutral b
There are definitely better options for all of these, and more opportunities to make them as busted as possible.

Jab: Ganondorf
F-smash: Little Mac
F-throw: Mewtwo, with every Shadow Ball doing as much damage as his fully charged neutral special (along with the last hit doing as much knockback)
Nair: Mewtwo
Fair: Falcon
Up air: Zelda
Bair: Zelda, with the sourspot given her sweetspot's data
Dair: Ganondorf
Side B: Cloud (Limit)
Neutral B: Little Mac (KO Punch, always fully charged)

Last edited:

Scribe

Writing Team
NNID
KipShades
3DS FC
5241-1937-7022
There are definitely better options for all of these, and more opportunities to make them as busted as possible.

Jab: Ganondorf
F-smash: Little Mac
F-throw: Mewtwo, with every Shadow Ball doing as much damage as his fully charged neutral special (along with the last hit doing as much knockback)
Nair: Mewtwo
Fair: Falcon
Up air: Zelda
Bair: Zelda, with the sourspot given her sweetspot's data
Dair: Ganondorf
Side B: Cloud (Limit)
Neutral B: Little Mac (KO Punch, always fully charged)
I think that part of the point is that the moves would work exactly like they do in Smash 4, so Zelda Bair but the entire thing is a sweetspot, or being able to use KO Punch or Limit Cross Slash without having to build up meter wouldn't be in the spirit of it.

Plus it seems like you're just looking at which moves hit the hardest, rather than their frame data or overall utility. M2 nair has the most compelling argument in its favor, but that depends on what you're looking for - Cloud nair is a far better tool for spacing, but M2 nair generally seems better for covering getup options. It depends on whether you want something that's better in the neutral or when the opponent's in disadvantage state.

Falcon fair I could also see over Fox fair, though I feel like there'd probably be better options than both of those.

MercuryPenny

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MemorialDime
mario's up tilt is unsafe on hit at low percents (especially against fastfallers) and doesn't combo into anything for very long. fox and bayo have way better combo starters/extenders that work for longer and won't get you punished at 0%

Falcon fair I could also see over Fox fair, though I feel like there'd probably be better options than both of those.
shiek fair

Frection

Smash Rookie
You don't want more than one move fulfilling the same purpose - like Sheik Ftilt and Mario Utilt on the same character. It's better to consider moves that would complement each other.
Example: ZSS Dsmash into footstool, then fastfall with Fox's speed to jab lock with sourspot Zelda Dair. That lets you do something very similar to the 3DS infinite on Robin (https://youtu.be/VpHDN522MDo), which usually wouldn't be possible as ZSS goes too high to jab lock people after a footstool.
There's plenty of ways you could completely break the game if you put some thought into it...

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Let's not forget that every move has the bullet arts property. So if your godforsaken abomination of a character uses his Cloud-Nair and keeps the A button held he will keep rotating his gigantic sword for seconds, simultaneously firing bullets from the blade in every direction.

Top Bottom