• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Smash Bros Canon Battle: Day 14: X vs Iggy

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I think K Rool has this in the bag. Even if we're gonna include Petey as a transformation for PP, K Rool has already demonstrated that he can use a magical banana to turn into a giant, Bowser style.

Oddball

Smash Lord
King K Rool is last boss material.

Piranha Plant is just a mook (admittedly, it's a much better mook than average, but still just a mook.)

Arthur97

Smash Master
Potentially another curbstomp. Should it be any surprise that K. Rool could beat a minion? Given he's strong enough to contend with DK, plus he has a gun, he probably takes this. Historically, Piranha Plants aren't that durable usually taking one hit before going down.

I do think that perhaps these matchups shouldn't have been completely random. Like, not starting out fire sword guy versus futuristic fighting robot. Some sort of brackets might have been nice. Like fantasy, sci-fi, and what were they thinking.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Day over.

King K Rool won over Piranha Plant easily.

Next up is Samus vs Diddy Kong. Another DK character, but Diddy Kong is up against someone much thougher than Piranha Plant. Samus will be a tough opponent

https://www.strawpoll.me/20199483

Arthur97

Smash Master
Ugh, Samus.

Is it just me, or was the only one that was really contested was Bowser versus Chrom (granted, I think people might have been a little too dismissive of R.O.B.)? It just seems like a bunch of blowouts.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Actually I think this one's a good fight.

I think Samus wins, but Diddy has super strength and insane durability.

Remember when DK punched the moon out of orbit? Diddy did the same feat by hitting it with his head.

Granted I think Samus has some absurd powers like time manipulation and all sorts of nasty projectiles but its not a blow out.

Diddy is really strong. If he can land a few hits in, he could win.

chikin

Coin Collector
Actually I think this one's a good fight.

I think Samus wins, but Diddy has super strength and insane durability.

Remember when DK punched the moon out of orbit? Diddy did the same feat by hitting it with his head.

Granted I think Samus has some absurd powers like time manipulation and all sorts of nasty projectiles but its not a blow out.

Diddy is really strong. If he can land a few hits in, he could win.
Cartoon physics

Oddball

Smash Lord
In a battle between somebody who's gun shoots peanuts and somebody who's gun shoots lasers and missiles, I have to go with the missiles.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
In a battle between somebody who's gun shoots peanuts and somebody who's gun shoots lasers and missiles, I have to go with the missiles.
To be perfectly fair to Diddy, those peanuts are apparently strong enough to destroy metal according to DK64's final boss.

Still think Samus wins though.

chikin

Coin Collector
Diddy dies in 2 hits in DKCR. I don’t think he has “insane” durability.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Diddy dies in 2 hits in DKCR. I don’t think he has “insane” durability.
Game mechanics like those usually don't apply when discussing how strong a character is. I'll quote God of War director Cory Barlog because he said it perfectly.

But moving on to who would win between Samus and Diddy. I think Samus has this. She has a lot of weaponry in her arsenal, more than what Diddy could keep up with. An ice canon that can freeze objects. A small morph ball form that can drop super bombs that cover a very wide range. Missiles fired from her arm canon, and so much more. She has the speed booster which allows Samus to dash at supersonic speed, breaking the barrier of sound. For reference this means Samus is as fast as a modern fighter aircraft.

If that's not enough she has an ability called phase drift which slows down time by 50% to all enemies and objects, meaning Samus can easily get the first strike over Diddy. Now the question is can she beat Diddy with her arsenal? I think so yeah, she has her plasma beams to finish Diddy off if needed. A plasma cutter is 25,000 Celsius in temperature, which is really hot, hotter than the surface of the sun in fact. And Samus has a canon that fires beams of this thing.

So yeah, I think Samus wins.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
There's a degree of separation between gameplay mechanics and what's actually canon

Bowser can die to just a few fireballs
Mega Man can't touch spikes
FE cast can get beaten by generic soldiers with basic spears and axes
DQ Heroes can get beaten by slimes and a variety of other generic monsters
Shulk can get beaten by frogs
And so on.

If gameplay adhered to canon so strongly then the games would suffer for it more often than not.

But anyway...
Samus' arsenal is vastly superior, the beams have been touched on though their piercing properties should also be mentioned. There's also the power bombs and her ability to enhance her beams as well as use lightning armour which absorbs a degree of damage before wearing off.

chikin

Coin Collector
I guess that makes sense.

Samus will likely still win though

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Diddy almost certainly couldn't even get close. Even with superhuman strength. Samus pretty much rules the sci-fi part of the roster. She's not unbeatable. Ganondorf could probably do it. Magic would also likely be a great edge to have here in general. But against a lot of them, yeah, they couldn't even get close. Plus, she's quite experienced with a variety of creatures.

Okay, even if you say Diddy can survive atmospheric reentry, Samus can shoot plasma as her primary and relatively quick main weapon. Power Bombs are also essentially miniature nukes just maybe without the fallout.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ganondorf could probably do it.
The only thing that can kill Ganondorf is holy magic and weapons.

So only a handful of the roster can touch him.

He's going to be real interesting when we get to him.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
The only thing that can kill Ganondorf is holy magic and weapons.

So only a handful of the roster can touch him.

He's going to be real interesting when we get to him.
It's a good thing this isn't a Death battle. I wonder if that'll sway peoples opinion at all

Day over, Diddy had some good feats, but most agreed it just couldn't compete with Samus's versatility, power and speed.

Samus wins.

For today. I want this to be a fun one. Princess Peach vs Captain Falcon.

Oh please let this be a fun day

https://www.strawpoll.me/20209637

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Uh...

I don't know off the top of my head...

Falcon is really strong, but Peach is also really strong.

Falcon is faster and stronger but Peach has more versatility.

This is actually a good fight.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Actually, it may go to Peach pretty handily. She's fairly capable in magic, and can at the very least just put the captain to sleep. Guess it depends on how quick of a draw he is with that gun. Or a shot for that matter. If it isn't a lethal shot, she can put him to sleep, crack him over the head with a frying pan, and patch herself up with ease. She's also surprisingly mobile for someone in heels and a dress making an accurate shot all the harder especially since he doesn't seem well practiced with it.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh, food for thought.

If Falcon is allowed the Blue Falcon, how does that help?

Peach has already shown the ability to react to lightning, so she's pretty darn fast.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Yeah, it's fast, but it handles pretty terribly. If anything it would probably contribute to a stalemate.

Also, any time she blocked a lightning spell?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
SMRPG has Peach capable of dodging lightning if we're factoring in that sort of thing
She also does this to Bowser in Super Princess Peach

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Captain Falcon does get Blue Falcon,.

When did Peach react to lightning?
Remember when I proved Bowser could react to lightning with Mario Strikers?

Peach can do that too.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Remember when I proved Bowser could react to lightning with Mario Strikers?

Peach can do that too.
Ahh, thank you.

Probably gonna extend today. I feel like there's more to be said that hasn't been. Some direct comparisons of the two

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Does anyone know how durable Falcon is in canon?

Also, does the anime count?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Does anyone know how durable Falcon is in canon?

Also, does the anime count?
I'd say no, unless Smash takes heavy inspiration from it (such as Pokemon) then I'd say TV shows don't count (unless specifically stated to be canon)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Without the anime there really isn't all that much to say for Captain Falcon himself because he lacks any feats, it's largely down to the Blue Falcon
Without boosting, the Blue Falcon can reach around 1000km/h, with Boosting it can achieve up to around 1600km/h (Taken from here)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Diddy almost certainly couldn't even get close. Even with superhuman strength. Samus pretty much rules the sci-fi part of the roster. She's not unbeatable. Ganondorf could probably do it. Magic would also likely be a great edge to have here in general. But against a lot of them, yeah, they couldn't even get close. Plus, she's quite experienced with a variety of creatures.

Okay, even if you say Diddy can survive atmospheric reentry, Samus can shoot plasma as her primary and relatively quick main weapon. Power Bombs are also essentially miniature nukes just maybe without the fallout.
I feel like Mewtwo could beat Samus as well due to his insane telekinesis and him being one of the most powerful Pokemon in the series. Mewtwo is one of the few characters in the Smash roster in canon along with characters like Palutena, Ganondorf, Link, and Kirby that are like god tier level in canon.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I feel like Mewtwo could beat Samus as well due to his insane telekinesis and him being one of the most powerful Pokemon in the series. Mewtwo is one of the few characters in the Smash roster in canon along with characters like Palutena, Ganondorf, Link, and Kirby that are like god tier level in canon.
I actually think Ness, and maybe Lucas would be stronger telepaths considering what Ness does in game. It also depends on if Samus has any sort of psychic blockers in the suit. Actually, since I think Lucas is actually a healer, he might could theoretically heal Dark Samus into nothingness too. It's an interesting theoretical interaction. Dark Samus is poison. Essentially a wound on the universe, so healing magics may theoretically hurt it.

I still say Palutena is overhyped just because she is technically a goddess despite Pit doing the heavy lifting and literally having to avoid killing her when they fight. I'd say her best feat is when she charges the canon at the end of Uprising, but even then, said canon is the equipment of a higher deity.

Link kind of depends on which Link we're talking about too. I also kind of like that Toon Link wasn't chosen to be a hero in so much as he chose himself. Still, the Hero of Time is probably one of the strongest Links...except the one in Smash is in kid form. BotW Link isn't a push over, but probably not the strongest, and he seems to be lacking any part of the Triforce. Meanwhile other Links, such as the first one, have at some point used the entire thing.

Let's be honest though, Sonic has a good chance of taking home the gold or at least the silver considering, as bad as the game might have been, he was crucial in defeating a being that existed in every moment of time at once. Yeah, he had help, but he was apparently critical to doing so. Not even Kirby did that. Though, to be fair as well, some of Kirby's threats seem kind of ambiguous as to if they match up to all the hype.

Then there's Bayonetta. Though, I think 2's final boss might be a bit misleading for some people.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Without the anime there really isn't all that much to say for Captain Falcon himself because he lacks any feats, it's largely down to the Blue Falcon
Without boosting, the Blue Falcon can reach around 1000km/h, with Boosting it can achieve up to around 1600km/h (Taken from here)
Lightning is significantly faster...

I'll give it to Peach.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Peach also can throw bombs, remember. It's possible she could throw them at the Blue Falcon. Her parasol has also shown to provide invulnerability if used in Super Paper Mario, where anything that collides with it bounces off. If she's using Perry, that's a little different, but it can eat enemies, so she could make him pass out, then devour him.

If she makes Captain Falcon sleep when driving the Blue Falcon, that would also be an easy way to win

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Day over

It was certainly an interesting day. And for the first time ever, Gamefaqs and Smashboards differed in most compelling argument. Certain members on Gamefaqs brought up some strong points in Falcons case, such as defeating gods by racing them, and good counterpoints to some of Peachs feats. But on Smashboards Peach definitely seemed to have the favour of most. So the poll serves as tie breaker poll serves as tie breaker giving Peach the win. Here's to more days like it.

Now for a stranger sort of Day.

We have Sheik, Who is also Zelda from Ocarina of Time.

Vs

Ludvig, the leader of the seven koopalings and definitely not related to Bowser.

Who wins? I have no idea but here's the poll.

https://www.strawpoll.me/20228921

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Sheik doesn't really do much at all outside of teaching Link some songs and disappearing quickly despite having the Triforce of Wisdom
Ludwig's frequently fighting against the Mario Bros so I'd have to give it to him.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's "Ludwig" not "Ludvig". But yeah, Shiek would win because
Shiek is Zelda and she is the welder of the Triforce of Wisdom.
Literally Shiek wins no contest.

Top Bottom