• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Smash Bros Canon Battle: Day 14: X vs Iggy

Arthur97

Smash Master
Okay, I think people are taking the R.O.B. thing too literal. For this to make any real sense, it pretty much has to be SE R.O.B.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Subspace Emissary ROB is a weird case.

Due to the Great Maze he's capable of beating copies of every fighter and all the bosses, the one exception being Sonic
But it also doesn't feel like an honest representation of him because of the nature of Smash and defeats the point of this being a series of "canon battles"

I don't see this as much of a fight really, even if we give ROB some leeway with using SSE cutscenes. Luminary does some pretty silly stuff that puts him up with some of the heavy hitters from what I gathered

Arthur97

Smash Master
About the only case I can see for R.O.B. legitimately winning is if he uses that fancy flying platform and just makes Eleven waste all his resources as that thing seemed to only ever get hit when he stopped paying attention.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Mario Kart doesn't really add much other than he can somehow use a steering wheel with those arms. And use it relatively well.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I guess there's explosive resistances due to the bombs and blue shells plus being able to take a hit from a high speed bullet bill

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Mario Kart doesn't really add much other than he can somehow use a steering wheel with those arms. And use it relatively well.
He doesn’t actually hold the steering wheel in MKDS, by the way; he instead appears to be wired directly into the kart’s steering. It gives me the impression that he can’t even get into the kart’s seat without someone having to help put him in it and bolt him down to it.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I'm hesitant to even include party games, though, I suppose it then shows an ability to interface with other machines, but MK and SE R.O.B.s seem to be rather different machines. Besides, R.O.B. is probably very durable,a if Eleven just used swords, should probably have the advantage (never mind how RPG protagonists regularly defeat robots with swords...somehow). However, R.O.B. can definitely move, and he even has access to seemingly unlimited flight with the bomb delivery platform (which is armed). Evasion would be key for him winning as Eleven is bound by limited resources. Plus, I imagine Eleven is still vulnerable to being shot with a high powered energy beam. It's theoretically feasible that R.O.B. could just rain destruction from above out of range.

He is a robot, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that he would quickly deduce the best course of action.

Last edited:

chikin

Coin Collector
I'm hesitant to even include party games, though, I suppose it then shows an ability to interface with other machines, but MK and SE R.O.B.s seem to be rather different machines. Besides, R.O.B. is probably very durable,a if Eleven just used swords, should probably have the advantage (never mind how RPG protagonists regularly defeat robots with swords...somehow). However, R.O.B. can definitely move, and he even has access to seemingly unlimited flight with the bomb delivery platform (which is armed). Evasion would be key for him winning as Eleven is bound by limited resources. Plus, I imagine Eleven is still vulnerable to being shot with a high powered energy beam. It's theoretically feasible that R.O.B. could just rain destruction from above out of range.

He is a robot, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that he would quickly deduce the best course of action.
metal slash

Arthur97

Smash Master
metal slash
Flying. Really, R.O.B. shouldn't let him anywhere near him. Also, robot reflexes. I wouldn't put it past him to catch the sword mid swing.

If that's supposed to be an answer to the how swords beat robots, it doesn't really. It's one move in one series.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Day over

To no ones surprise. Eleven used Metal Slash and killed R.O.B. This was pretty much unanimous.

Next up is our first day to feature someone who isn't playable (or is he?) It's Spring Man vs Dr. Mario.

Could be an interesting day

https://www.strawpoll.me/20158920

Arthur97

Smash Master
I still think Metal Slash wouldn't be a free hit.

As for this one...it's interesting. If Doc uses all the same prowess as normal Mario, then Doc. Mario's actually really strong, fast, and durable. However, if he's counted separately, then he's mostly just a doctor and looses to the professional fighter.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I still think Metal Slash wouldn't be a free hit.

As for this one...it's interesting. If Doc uses all the same prowess as normal Mario, then Doc. Mario's actually really strong, fast, and durable. However, if he's counted separately, then he's mostly just a doctor and looses to the professional fighter.
Because Mario is his character in this tournament, I think it only makes sense to only count Dr Mario as what's done in the Dr Mario games. Otherwise we'd have a stalemate if the two ever clashed

Arthur97

Smash Master
Because Mario is his character in this tournament, I think it only makes sense to only count Dr Mario as what's done in the Dr Mario games. Otherwise we'd have a stalemate if the two ever clashed
In that case, Spring Man. Doc is...he's a doctor (maybe). Spring Man is a professional fighter with some weird arm...thingies. He'd pulverize the guy.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh so, only Dr. Mario games count?

Then Spring Man easily.

Spring Man is a trained fighter with a very unique skill set.

Doc has no combat experience. I mean, yeah he's Mario but apparently I can't use Mario's feats for Doc.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Oh so, only Dr. Mario games count?

Then Spring Man easily.

Spring Man is a trained fighter with a very unique skill set.

Doc has no combat experience. I mean, yeah he's Mario but apparently I can't use Mario's feats for Doc.
I know it's strange, but Mario will get his chance to shine when his day arrives.

To me, letting Dr Mario do whatever Mario can do would be like letting Zero Suit Samus use the power suit.

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
Spring Man takes it easily. Perhaps if Dr. Mario was fighting a virus of some sort he would win, but right now it's a doctor with very little fighting experience (as far as I know) versus a trained fighter who can out-range him like nothing.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Day over

A fairly uneventful day. Dr Mario's lack of feats in his own game meant he couldn't compete with a trained fighter. Spring Man wins

Today should be a fun one.

It's another Marioverse Fire Emblem match-up

HI I'M DAISY

WE LIKE IKE

https://www.strawpoll.me/20168243

Arthur97

Smash Master
Oh, come on. Another super one sided matchup? Daisy doesn't do much, and even then most of it is in spin offs.

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
To be fair, I'm pretty sure Daisy slapped Bowser into the stratosphere in Mario Party 3. Not sure if those games really count as canon tho and I've heard Ike's sword can kill a god so he likely still wins.

Arthur97

Smash Master
To be fair, I'm pretty sure Daisy slapped Bowser into the stratosphere in Mario Party 3. Not sure if those games really count as canon tho and I've heard Ike's sword can kill a god so he likely still wins.
Ike's thing is not as simple as some people seem to make it sound. He had help, and his equipment (Ragnell) was designed for the job.

Plus, it wasn't even a whole goddess, nor did he permanently kill her. He stopped her with the help of the other half of the goddess before the two halves reformed. So to say that he simply killed a goddess is kind of oversimplifying things.

Still though, most if not all of Daisy's feats are shrouded in spin offs. If we take spin offs into account, once we get to Mario (and Luigi and potentially Wario), they can apparently tank the equivalent of a nuke without any serious damage if any at all.

Still, no, yeah, Daisy would still probably loose.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
When it comes to spin-offs in Mario, I've never really considered it outlandish to consider them canon. The main games even makes references to them (notably Mario Kart anyway)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The big thing in Ike's favour is that Nihil would negate all of Daisy's abilities but she's still no slouch without them.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Day over

Daisy had all the support and grabbed Ike by the neck and absolutely crushed him...... Is probably what was going through her head when Ike stabbed her, she had pretty much no support here. Ike wins

Today is another Fire Emblem character, Roy! And he's facing off against the Blue Bomber Mega Man! Who will win? You tell me

https://www.strawpoll.me/20178835

Arthur97

Smash Master
Mega Man. Another robot, but this time he's got some more abilities behind him. He's a walking arsenal that can, among other things, stop time. Assuming he's temporarily freed from Asimov's laws for this.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Mega Man.

Mega Man is absurd.

He can weaponize black holes.

Roy has nothing he can do against that.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I’d like to point out that Mega Man never has access to more than a handful of his Special Weapons at the same time. His arsenal, while versatile, is never large because he can only use eight weapons plus any support items like the Magnet Beam, Wire, etc.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Medieval weapons won't do well against future technology....

Mega Man it is.
A lot of RPGs would like to have a word.

Even if the limitation on the number of weapons is canon, eight should be more than enough to shock, burn, freeze, and suck into a miniature black hole. Plus, he has plenty of experience determining weaknesses.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Does he hold any advantage?
Roy does have a magical sword that can shoot fire and heal himself.

Other than that he's got nothing. He doesn't even have skills as they weren't really in the series yet.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Not to mention Roy is generally regarded as one of the weakest lords largely due to how late in the game he promotes. Seriously, who thought that was a good idea? Kind of ironic that Smash made him so good at KOing.

But, it kind of makes sense for him to be so weak as he may be one of the youngest lords as well at 15 granted, he looks older to me in Smash 4 and Ultimate. I kind of like to think Smash Roy has grown up. Either way, Roy is smart, but Mega Man has a computer for a brain. It is possible that Roy could out strategize him still for a while depending on Mega Man's strategic abilities, but as I mentioned, he's good at figuring out weaknesses, so he's no slouch. Assuming that's not supposed to be Dr. Light or Roll doing it for him.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Day over

Another day another curb stomp. Most people agreed Mega Man beats Roy easily, citing Timestop and Black Hole bomb as reasons.

I await another day as interesting as Bowser vs Chrom, but that day is not today.

Today is King K Rool vs the Plant

https://www.strawpoll.me/20189637

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Day over

Another day another curb stomp. Most people agreed Mega Man beats Roy easily, citing Timestop and Black Hole bomb as reasons.

I await another day as interesting as Bowser vs Chrom, but that day is not today.

Today is King K Rool vs the Plant

https://www.strawpoll.me/20189637
Canonically Piranha Plant can't do much. They can really only spit fire.

K. Rool has beaten Donkey Kong, aka the guy who punched the moon out of orbit.

K.Rool wins.

Last edited:
Top Bottom