• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Life Form ~ Shadow the Hedgehog for Smash Ultimate! (Maria...)

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
https://www.change.org/p/everyone-s...ssist-in-smash-ultimate-or-make-him-a-fighter
Just wanted to post this link and share this petition. Shadow chances of being DLC may be low but we have to atleast he vocal enough to let Sakurai know in the future we want Shadow to be playable! Hopefully in the future someone send this petition to Sakurai. Also sign any other Shadow petitions if you can.
Edit: Also wanted to share this petition it already have a lot of supporters
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-s...r-in-super-smash-brothers-for-nintendo-switch

Last edited:

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
With Nintendo deciding the DLC this time, we'd be lucky to even get a 2nd Sonic character. Shadow's chances have been completely destroyed. It was a good run, but I think it's time to throw in the towel. That said, I do hope Issac and Geno fans get their day with DLC. I still think AT as DLC isn't happening, but I'd like to be proven wrong.

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Shadow chances of DLC are just gone. DLC already been decided by Nintendo and I already have a feeling on the list of characters that already been picked. My only hope is Shadow becomes playable in the next smash game as echo or unique idc I just want the ultimate life form to be playable. I will still support Shadow big time by then but as for now. I will just enjoy this game and hope Sakurai notice Shadow’s popularity and that there are people who wanted Shadow. However most importantly I hope Sakurai gets a break the man looks tired. Lol
Edit: Also it was nice meeting other Shadow fans. I feel like a lot of people look down on Shadow because of his video game and people say he is a bad character because of it. It’s just so much negativity when it comes to Shadow so it was nice to see love and support for his character :) I hope you all still support the ultimate life form in the future and enjoy smash ultimate!
As long as that one game exists, Shadow will continue to be the black sheep of the Sonic series and fandom as a whole, unless Sega decides to make a new Shadow game (that focuses only on him (and no guns or swearing) and likewises semi-retcons the original game), Shadow's not getting in.

In fact I highly doubt Sakurai even considered adding Shadow at all as an echo during development, and with the news that Nintendo is picking the DLC this time around, I highly doubt we're getting more than 2 third-party series, if any at all.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Look i Don't care what you guys say but I'm not giving up on Shadow being in the base roster, that's all I'll say

Also Introducing Vase Theory

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77187113
Heh that was a good laugh. There's a teensy tiny part of me silently hoping Sakurai "forgot" an Echo or two on the roster because of how much he loves surprises, but let's not kid ourselves here. Shadow is an Assist Trophy again and I'm fine with that (for now). His AT even got buffed with the second phase so I'm glad he wasn't just ported over like Lyn or Knuckle Joe.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Heh that was a good laugh. There's a teensy tiny part of me silently hoping Sakurai "forgot" an Echo or two on the roster because of how much he loves surprises, but let's not kid ourselves here. Shadow is an Assist Trophy again and I'm fine with that (for now). His AT even got buffed with the second phase so I'm glad he wasn't just ported over like Lyn or Knuckle Joe.
First of all, Screw Echo Shadow...This Vase Theory is Supporting Unique Shadow for reasons I'll get into later on

2nd of all, yes Shadow is an AT again, however he can make history as being the first Fighter to also be an AT. I'll officially give up on Shadow being on base roster after next week, but right now I'm Going in, You fellow smashers

SonicMario

Smash Master
First of all, Screw Echo Shadow...This Vase Theory is Supporting Unique Shadow for reasons I'll get into later on

2nd of all, yes Shadow is an AT again, however he can make history as being the first Fighter to also be an AT. I'll officially give up on Shadow being on base roster after next week, but right now I'm Going in, You fellow smashers
Someone's in denial :V

If any character is upgraded to assist to Playable within the same game. It's most likely going to be Waluigi after the uproar it got and it even getting reported on mainstream gaming news sites, or alternately Isaac. There's nothing going for Shadow where he'd come before them. I have no idea how you can think Shadow's so important that for some reason he's shown as an Assist in the final base game direct only to be announced as playable two weeks later on the Anniversary of a game that Sega is personally ashamed of. And even if that turned out to be the case, he'd somehow turn out to be the first of the 5 fighter pass characters. AKA Still not in the base roster. He'd be unique/semi-cloned as you've always wanted, but still certainly not in the base game. You don't lie about a Base game assist trophy nor the "Last new challenger" mentioned in Incineroar's section like that.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Someone's in denial :V

If any character is upgraded to assist to Playable within the same game. It's most likely going to be Waluigi after the uproar it got and it even getting reported on mainstream gaming news sites, or alternately Isaac. There's nothing going for Shadow where he'd come before them. I have no idea how you can think Shadow's so important that for some reason he's shown as an Assist in the final base game direct only to be announced as playable two weeks later on the Anniversary of a game that Sega is personally ashamed of. And even if that turned out to be the case, he'd somehow turn out to be the first of the 5 fighter pass characters. AKA Still not in the base roster. He'd be unique/semi-cloned as you've always wanted, but still certainly not in the base game. You don't lie about a Base game assist trophy nor the "Last new challenger" mentioned in Incineroar's section like that.
I'll elaborate more on why i think They would reveal the Shadow AT, only to then announce Shadow as playable on base, but in any case, those Vases really speak to me....if nothing turns out next week, I'll give up, but I'm still gonna believe until then

kodoru__

Smash Cadet
I think Nintendo or SEGA might not want additional rep in Smash. I think it's unlikely that we'll get an additional SEGA rep in Smash Ultimate, including Sonic character.
But I think there is hope for the next Smash, even though it's a long way from now. After all, we have to show support and demand for shadow. But right now I'm confused about what to do...

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
I think Nintendo or SEGA might not want additional rep in Smash. I think it's unlikely that we'll get an additional SEGA rep in Smash Ultimate, including Sonic character.
But I think there is hope for the next Smash, even though it's a long way from now. After all, we have to show support and demand for shadow. But right now I'm confused about what to do...
I think the best thing for us to do is to support shadow through social media by making a twitter account and have shadow fans show support through there since Sakurai have a Twitter. I don’t recommend harassing him but I hope Sakurai do take notice of Shadow. As people had said previously there were some people who were disappointed about Shadow being an AT and some people still wish he was playable again hopefully Shadow notice people were disappointed that he wasn’t playable and Shadow become a fighter next game. That’s my only hope.

Last edited:

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
I don't really like to think about the next game.
  1. Because that is way to far off to even care about right now.
  2. If Shadow couldn't get into this game when everything lined up SO perfectly for him, then I don't feel good about his odds for a sequel.
  3. Unless the games after this are expansions on Ultimate (reusing assets and just building the game up over and over), then its just downhill from here. Even if Shadow did make it in the next game, he still missed his chance at being a part of the ultimate roster. And that will always be a bummer to me.
Unless there is more DLC after the 5 planed or the sequels are expansions on Ultimate then I have given up on seeing Shadow on a Smash roster.

I just wished they didn't hide him from us for so long. I'm happy to see him still be in the game, but having my hope build up for so long and throwing that AT at the last moment is making it take a while to shake off the disappointment before release.

Last edited:

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
That vase theory is seriously pushing it. I'd suggest you stop with that idea before you make us look more desperate then we already are. It's bad enough Shadow's getting a bad rep because of all the people upset about his lack of inclusion in Smash, I'd rather we not add on to that by pulling out hope on some ridiculous theory.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Shadow is pretty much done for base-wise. Unless we get Echoes as other DLC(and even then...) he probably has no real chance at being DLC. That said, it's too bad he didn't get in. He was easy Echo material and a very popular pick.

But that's just life. It sucks sometimes.

7NATOR

Smash Master
That vase theory is seriously pushing it. I'd suggest you stop with that idea before you make us look more desperate then we already are. It's bad enough Shadow's getting a bad rep because of all the people upset about his lack of inclusion in Smash, I'd rather we not add on to that by pulling out hope on some ridiculous theory.
You can't tell me what to do. I can't simply give up when i see potentially signs towards him being in the game as playable despite him already being an AT and Sakurai saying Base roster is final, but what if he forgot

Look if nothing happens by next week I'll give in and down that Mustard water like no tomorrow, but i simply can't give up. Even if my fellow Shadow brothers are against me, I'm still gonna hope, still gonna fight. I'll be on my own you see.

Did you guys also know that we still don't know about the 5 unknown Sonic songs. Fist Bump is apparently in cause that Chrunchii guy uploaded it as smash music, but we have no idea on the other 5. The 4 Cut Brawl Songs have a lot of Licensing issues tied to them apparently so them returning isn't that likely. that's just me

The unknown Sonic Songs, Thursday being the anniversary of Shadow's game, a Nintendo direct rumored, the Specfic pattern of the vases, Sakurai. These are the things i see. I still believe Shadow has a chance. just maybe

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
You can't tell me what to do. I can't simply give up when i see potentially signs towards him being in the game as playable despite him already being an AT and Sakurai saying Base roster is final, but what if he forgot

Look if nothing happens by next week I'll give in and down that Mustard water like no tomorrow, but i simply can't give up. Even if my fellow Shadow brothers are against me, I'm still gonna hope, still gonna fight. I'll be on my own you see.

Did you guys also know that we still don't know about the 5 unknown Sonic songs. Fist Bump is apparently in cause that Chrunchii guy uploaded it as smash music, but we have no idea on the other 5. The 4 Cut Brawl Songs have a lot of Licensing issues tied to them apparently so them returning isn't that likely. that's just me

The unknown Sonic Songs, Thursday being the anniversary of Shadow's game, a Nintendo direct rumored, the Specfic pattern of the vases, Sakurai. These are the things i see. I still believe Shadow has a chance. just maybe
You're seeing absolutely nothing. Sakurai didn't forget anything at all. You're just pushing this ridiculous narrative so that you can have some glimmer of hope left. You need to stop. You're only setting yourself up for even more disappointment. Believe me, I wanted Shadow to be in this game. Honestly, I'm still pretty damn upset he's not in, but there's nothing we can do about it now. What you're doing is making this fandom look worse then it already is.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
You're seeing absolutely nothing. Sakurai didn't forget anything at all. You're just pushing this ridiculous narrative so that you can have some glimmer of hope left. You need to stop. You're only setting yourself up for even more disappointment. Believe me, I wanted Shadow to be in this game. Honestly, I'm still pretty damn upset he's not in, but there's nothing we can do about it now. What you're doing is making this fandom look worse than it already is.
It's not Ridiculous, Sakurai has put crazy stuff in the rooms before to hint at characters. The Barrels and Ladders for K.Rool, The Weird Colored Furniture for Isabelle, the Giant plants through the Smash Directs for Piranha Plant, etc.

You want to know a Fun Fact, There have NEVER been vases in a Smash room before, but now there are in the last direct, in such a specific pattern

look at this topic, and you will see

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77191126

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
I've seen it and it was pretty painful to look at. You're trying too hard to see something that isn't there. You should have listened to the people who responded on that thread. I admire your passion for the character, but it's time to throw in the towel. It's for the best you give up on this theory.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I've seen it and it was pretty painful to look at. You're trying too hard to see something that isn't there. You should have listened to the people who responded on that thread. I admire your passion for the character, but it's time to throw in the towel. It's for the best you give up on this theory.
Maybe it's your time to throw in the towel, but it's not mine, I can't just forget about this evidence, i got to see this the whole way through. Sakurai is a man of surprises, you never know what's he's gonna do, who knows

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
I've already said my piece on this. You can continue to believe all you want, but I'd suggest you'd stop spreading this idea in other forums. I'd rather not continue to see even more people make fun of Shadow supporters. It already bothers me that it's been happening to Issac fans, I don't want to see more of it for our character.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I've already said my piece on this. You can continue to believe all you want, but I'd suggest you'd stop spreading this idea in other forums. I'd rather not continue to see even more people make fun of Shadow supporters. It already bothers me that it's been happening to Issac fans, I don't want to see more of it for our character.
I guess i understand what you mean about this not spreading, and how it could tarnish the Shadow fans name....i see

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Honestly, this was Shadow's chance and any opportunity for it happening was dashed when it was at his best unfortunately. That is just how it is. Maybe in the future something could happen if Echo characters are still a thing by the next Smash then perhaps...

Otherwise, I doubt anything will happen in favor of the Ultimate Life-Form for the Ultimate Smash.

:bowser:.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
It really really blows that Shadow didn’t get in, but at the same time, I can’t be that suprised.

I know he was such an obvious choice and Sonic deserved a Echo after SF and CV have gotten theirs but we should remember that Shadow didn’t do very high on the Ballot, he’s requested yeah, but he wasn’t a A tier request among the likes of Isaac or Banjo. (fan faves who also didn’t get in mind you)

No intention to rub salt in the wound (hell, we’ve dealt with enough of that already.).

In fact, I can only imagine how massive Shadow’s demand will be as far as future Smash games will go.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
It really really blows that Shadow didn’t get in, but at the same time, I can’t be that suprised.

I know he was such an obvious choice and Sonic deserved a Echo after SF and CV have gotten theirs but we should remember that Shadow didn’t do very high on the Ballot, he’s requested yeah, but he wasn’t a A tier request among the likes of Isaac or Banjo. (fan faves who also didn’t get in mind you)

No intention to rub salt in the wound (hell, we’ve dealt with enough of that already.).

In fact, I can only imagine how massive Shadow’s demand will be as far as future Smash games will go.
Like I said this speculation period definitely helped Shadow regardless, because support for him grew drastically and seeing him deconfirmed means people will continue to push for him in the future.

With the possibility of Smash being turned into a "service game" much like other evergreen titles, we can only hope our demand will be heard and Nintendo and SEGA will eventually come to some sort of agreement and promote Shadow.

I've been a Ridley and Dark Samus supporter for years, never give up hope people.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Anyone who thinks he has a chance now is merely deluding themselves, no online petitions or anything is going to change that. Not now, nor do I see it having any effect later.

We've lost, it's time people accept that, move on and do more productive things with their lives and stop wasting time.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Time to lock this thread up, for good!

Shadow will never get in period, and this is the main reason why, his fandom is just soo awfully bad that Nintendo themselves even knows it's bad, I've mentioned this soo many times before, it's time to stop supporting who we want and just accept what we got!

Heck Sakurai himself even played Shadow the Hedgehog game once, you can clearly tell that from that moment on, Shadow will never get in Smash, which means Sakurai clearly hates Shadow!

Last edited:

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman

Shadow will never get in period, and this is the main reason why, his fandom is just soo awfully bad that Nintendo themselves even knows it's bad, I've mentioned this soo many times before, it's time to stop supporting who we want and just accept what we got!

Heck Sakurai himself even played Shadow the Hedgehog game once, you can clearly tell that from that moment on, Shadow will never get in Smash, which means Sakurai clearly hates Shadow!
I’m sorry but what good will come out of it if we just threw in the towel? By doing that we may never get Shadow to be in smash. We can’t just give up and think all hope is lost. I do agree we can’t just keep blindly hoping Shadow will be DLC or playable in ultimate because he is a AT. We will have to accept that FOR NOW. However we have to let our voices be heard especially since our fan base isn’t honestly as big and vocal compare to other popular smash characters like Banjo and Isaac. Due to people expecting Shadow to be in and seeing him become an AT have cause him to have some type of popularity because people are disappointed that he is not a fighter. I would say still keep supporting Shadow because you never know he MAY be playable in the next game. If K.Rool and Ridley supporters gave up they would probably never gotten their characters in smash they had to wait for years but they have gotten their characters. Same could be done to Shadow.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord

If you've nothing useful or positive to say, I'll thank you to stay out of this thread.

Last edited:

hposter

Smash Apprentice
Yuck, what's your guys' problem? All we need is a little time and patience. Our fanbase is bigger than ever before. Shadow will always remain an easy echo, even in competition with Tails and Knuckles (if Knuckles is in the same situation as Shadow was come next game)
Even if echoes were just padding to make up for Ultimate's lack of real newcomers (there are like 6, if I recall)
Shadow has enough fan-demand to keep him relevant in the community. Shadow is one of, if not the most popular echo choice and with this. I think our chances are even higher. We have barely anything in our way when it comes to echoes (except for SEGA being a load of pricks)

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman

It's ok to be disappointed but this is a bit of an overreaction.

I never subscribe to the idea that an enter fandom can be just "bad". The people who came to support Shadow in this thread seemed like perfectly nice folks to me. It made me feel good to see so many people who genuinely liked or loved the character like I do come here. I'm sure there are some Shadow fans out there getting angryer then they should, but I wouldn't call the people I've seen here "awfully bad".

Maybe Sakurai isn't a big fan of the Sonic series or Shadow (who knows?) but if he really hated the character then Shadow wouldn't have been a part of this series for three games in a row now.

I don't think Shadow is going to be a fighter in a Smash game, and unless the sequel reuses Ultimate's assets to keep the same roster, I don't really want him to either. But I still love this character and I'm glad to see people still standing behind him.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Regardless of situation of if he is playable or not, I am still a fan of the character.

Not sure if he would be playable or not someday, but if the day comes the Ultimate Life-Form joins the madness then the better.

:bowser:.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
Was looking at a YouTube video discussing about assist trophies and their chances of being playable. I highly doubt assist trophies will. But regardless it was nice to see in the comments of people listing Shadow being one of the characters being upgraded. *sigh* it’s only a dream at this point but regardless Shadow will always be my most favorite sonic character.

Link to the video: https://youtu.be/9lJkUDedwKE

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I’m sorry but what good will come out of it if we just threw in the towel? By doing that we may never get Shadow to be in smash. We can’t just give up and think all hope is lost. I do agree we can’t just keep blindly hoping Shadow will be DLC or playable in ultimate because he is a AT. We will have to accept that FOR NOW. However we have to let our voices be heard especially since our fan base isn’t honestly as big and vocal compare to other popular smash characters like Banjo and Isaac. Due to people expecting Shadow to be in and seeing him become an AT have cause him to have some type of popularity because people are disappointed that he is not a fighter. I would say still keep supporting Shadow because you never know he MAY be playable in the next game. If K.Rool and Ridley supporters gave up they would probably never gotten their characters in smash they had to wait for years but they have gotten their characters. Same could be done to Shadow.
Sorry, but I've given up (and you all should do the same), and I will never support Sonic or his awful fanbase ever again for a future Smash game (I really hope whoever takes over Smash after Sakurai retires, they drop all third-party characters (sans the ones that actually contributed to Nintendo during those days, such as Simon Belmont, Mega Man and Ryu), in fact having Shadow de-confirmed really hurts his fanbase moreso than helps it, it makes him more of a laughing stock just like Waluigi is right now (and we all know how much Nintendo and Sakurai hates Waluigi), Sega clearly hates Shadow for the same reasons, at least Banjo has a chance (since he's third party and would fit in well with the DLC fighter pass pack).

Golden Sun has a very small fanbase overall and is not one of Nintendo's bigger IPs, it's by far their smallest IP (and let's face it, unless Golden Sun gets more games, they will never get a rep in Smash Bros)

The only reason Ridley and King K. Rool even got in at all was because they are pure Nintendo characters (and have rather large fansbases who aren't toxic crybabies) and Sakurai always wanted to include them since Melee/Brawl, but didn't have the assets nor the technology necessary to include them at the time (after all this is the same guy that wanted Geno in Brawl).

It's ok to be disappointed but this is a bit of an overreaction.

I never subscribe to the idea that an enter fandom can be just "bad". The people who came to support Shadow in this thread seemed like perfectly nice folks to me. It made me feel good to see so many people who genuinely liked or loved the character like I do come here. I'm sure there are some Shadow fans out there getting angryer then they should, but I wouldn't call the people I've seen here "awfully bad".

Maybe Sakurai isn't a big fan of the Sonic series or Shadow (who knows?) but if he really hated the character then Shadow wouldn't have been a part of this series for three games in a row now.

I don't think Shadow is going to be a fighter in a Smash game, and unless the sequel reuses Ultimate's assets to keep the same roster, I don't really want him to either. But I still love this character and I'm glad to see people still standing behind him.
It's not an overreaction, it's the truth (well barring the Shadow fans on this site which are so far the only good ones that I know) but truth be told, Shadow has one of the poorest fanbases out there, and I'm no longer supporting any future Sonic character for Smash bros (or any third party character for that matter, except for maybe Akuma from Street Fighter), Sonic does not deserve another rep unless Sega decides to sell off their characters to Nintendo (which really should happen, since Sega doesn't know what to do with their main mascot anymore and only listens to those same Sonic fanatics which is why Sonic hasn't had proper good games since the 2 Adventure games and possibly Generations), or unless Sega reboots Sonic altogether (and axes Shadow from the line-up, or at least revamps him to be more likable and not tie him to that awful game).

If the Shadow the Hedgehog game never existed, Shadow would have gotten in by Smash 4, but since that game, Shadow has been a laughing stock and will stay that way forever and Sega is clearly relishing in it.
If you've nothing useful or positive to say, I'll thank you to stay out of this thread.
I'm staying out of this thread and future Shadow threads, I will never throw my name in support for Shadow ever again.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Sorry, but I've given up (and you all should do the same), and I will never support Sonic or his awful fanbase ever again for a future Smash game (I really hope whoever takes over Smash after Sakurai retires, they drop all third-party characters (sans the ones that actually contributed to Nintendo during those days, such as Simon Belmont, Mega Man and Ryu), in fact having Shadow de-confirmed really hurts his fanbase moreso than helps it, it makes him more of a laughing stock just like Waluigi is right now (and we all know how much Nintendo and Sakurai hates Waluigi), Sega clearly hates Shadow for the same reasons, at least Banjo has a chance (since he's third party and would fit in well with the DLC fighter pass pack).

Golden Sun has a very small fanbase overall and is not one of Nintendo's bigger IPs, it's by far their smallest IP (and let's face it, unless Golden Sun gets more games, they will never get a rep in Smash Bros)

The only reason Ridley and King K. Rool even got in at all was because they are pure Nintendo characters (and have rather large fansbases who aren't toxic crybabies) and Sakurai always wanted to include them since Melee/Brawl, but didn't have the assets nor the technology necessary to include them at the time (after all this is the same guy that wanted Geno in Brawl).

It's not an overreaction, it's the truth (well barring the Shadow fans on this site which are so far the only good ones that I know) but truth be told, Shadow has one of the poorest fanbases out there, and I'm no longer supporting any future Sonic character for Smash bros (or any third party character for that matter, except for maybe Akuma from Street Fighter), Sonic does not deserve another rep unless Sega decides to sell off their characters to Nintendo (which really should happen, since Sega doesn't know what to do with their main mascot anymore and only listens to those same Sonic fanatics which is why Sonic hasn't had proper good games since the 2 Adventure games and possibly Generations), or unless Sega reboots Sonic altogether (and axes Shadow from the line-up, or at least revamps him to be more likable and not tie him to that awful game).

If the Shadow the Hedgehog game never existed, Shadow would have gotten in by Smash 4, but since that game, Shadow has been a laughing stock and will stay that way forever and Sega is clearly relishing in it.

I'm staying out of this thread and future Shadow threads, I will never throw my name in support for Shadow ever again.
It's ironic that you are calling the Shadow fanbase negative when you yourself are acting very negatively.

There is absolutely zero evidence that SEGA "hates" Shadow. Beyond many other cases, his reappearance as a playable character in Forces was received very positively and he is being used to market Team Sonic Racing right alongside Sonic himself. If the character is "hated", then explain to me why he still has Sakurai's honour of being an Assist Trophy when he could have easily been replaced like Elec Man? The fact that said Assist Trophy received new animations and additional references to his home series only drives home that the character is still cared for.

Like most people on the internet you've been caught in the echo chamber that Shadow is a poor character without any sufficient evidence beyond events that transpired in the previous decade. I suggest you form your own opinions instead of following a hivemind. Merely stating that you won't support any other Sonic character because of your sudden disdain for Shadow is an overreaction in of itself.

This thread is about supporting a character, and not about whining why you suddenly feel embarrassed over them. A simple "well we tried guys, I'm out" would have sufficed instead of you needing to satisfy your ego and make all the people here you considered good now look stupid.

Like I said before, if you have nothing positive to say then leave. No one is forcing you to stay and make a big stink for attention and childish complaining, don't waste people's time like that.

Good day.

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
It's ironic that you are calling the Shadow fanbase negative when you yourself are acting very negatively.

There is absolutely zero evidence that SEGA "hates" Shadow. Beyond many other cases, his reappearance as a playable character in Forces was received very positively and he is being used to market Team Sonic Racing right alongside Sonic himself. If the character is "hated", then explain to me why he still has Sakurai's honour of being an Assist Trophy when he could have easily been replaced like Elec Man? The fact that said Assist Trophy received new animations and additional references to his home series only drives home that the character is still cared for.

Like most people on the internet you've been caught in the echo chamber that Shadow is a poor character without any sufficient evidence beyond events that transpired in the previous decade. I suggest you form your own opinions instead of following a hivemind. Merely stating that you won't support any other Sonic character because of your sudden disdain for Shadow is an overreaction in of itself.

This thread is about supporting a character, and not about whining why you suddenly feel embarrassed over them. A simple "well we tried guys, I'm out" would have sufficed instead of you needing to satisfy your ego and make all the people here you considered good now look stupid.

Like I said before, if you have nothing positive to say then leave. No one is forcing you to stay and make a big stink for attention and childish complaining, don't waste people's time like that.

Good day.
Look I may have overreacted a bit, it's just that I hate how Shadow is an assist for 3 games in a row at this point (and it's unjustified), he should have been replaced by Knuckles altogether, and sadly enough it's those events from the last decade that's preventing Shadow from joining Smash Bros as a playable fighter in the first place, if Sega really truly cared about Shadow and his fans, then they should do a full-on remake of the game that ruined Shadow in the first place, that will restore Shadow back to his form from the Adventure games.

As stated before Sega needs to sell Sonic to Nintendo and make Bayonetta their new mascot, Nintendo handles their IPs far better than Sega anyday!

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Shadow is not happening, and won’t happen unless we get a wave 2 with some bonus echos.

It’s ok to be upset, just don’t delude youself or get mad.

I feel part of why we didn’t make t is that no one was pushing shadow early. Sonic fans were quiet about a second character. Now we have more of a voice.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Shadow is not happening, and won’t happen unless we get a wave 2 with some bonus echos.

It’s ok to be upset, just don’t delude youself or get mad.

I feel part of why we didn’t make t is that no one was pushing shadow early. Sonic fans were quiet about a second character. Now we have more of a voice.
This. The concept of 3rd parties having a second representative caught everyone off guard and proper support for Shadow, while huge, came too late. I still think there's something else we don't know, but at the end of the day he didn't make it in and that's that.

Again I point to Ridley and K. Rool fans finally getting their dues after more than a decade of requests. Patience is our best friend here folks.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Here's something I've learned since all those AT got deconfirmed. Too many people are either overly optimistic or overly pessimistic about Shadow (or any AT) being in Smash. Everyone here needs to find a middle ground. Look, I know I'm not one to talk because I've personally given up on the idea, but I'm definitely not spreading any negativity around. I'm still pissed Shadow didn't make it in, but I've been keeping it to myself because I'm considering the thoughts of others.

I didn't plan to post here very much anymore because I didn't have anything to contribute, but I feel like someone needs to say this. Keep your emotions in check. It's perfectly fine if you think Shadow and the rest of the AT have a chance to make it in the future. It's also fine to think that his chances are done, but don't go off on some rant. It's also pointless to try to force in your own opinions as to why Shadow didn't get in. We don't know why he didn't end up playable. Honestly, Shadow may have never even been considered in the first place. Point is that we have no clue. It's fine to speculate, but don't go off putting some baseless claims and stating it as fact. It just makes you look arrogant.

As for those that are still holding out hope. That's fine, but keep your expectations in check. I think its sweet that there's fans that still want to continue the fight and I'd encourage that. My motivation has been taken away, but it's nice to see others continue to push out a campaign for his inclusion. However, I don't want to see anyone get really upset after all 5 DLC characters are confirmed and not a single one of them has Shadow. You should know what you're getting into if you're going to continue pushing for this.

I've rambled on for too long, so I'm just going to finish it with this. It's a shame our character didn't make it into Smash. I completely understand how all of you feel, but please try to control yourselves. Taking things too far is only going to make people's opinion of us worse (and I don't just mean Shadow, but for all AT's deconfirmed), so please really think before you start posting. That's all.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Here's something I've learned since all those AT got deconfirmed. Too many people are either overly optimistic or overly pessimistic about Shadow (or any AT) being in Smash. Everyone here needs to find a middle ground. Look, I know I'm not one to talk because I've personally given up on the idea, but I'm definitely not spreading any negativity around. I'm still pissed Shadow didn't make it in, but I've been keeping it to myself because I'm considering the thoughts of others.

I didn't plan to post here very much anymore because I didn't have anything to contribute, but I feel like someone needs to say this. Keep your emotions in check. It's perfectly fine if you think Shadow and the rest of the AT have a chance to make it in the future. It's also fine to think that his chances are done, but don't go off on some rant. It's also pointless to try to force in your own opinions as to why Shadow didn't get in. We don't know why he didn't end up playable. Honestly, Shadow may have never even been considered in the first place. Point is that we have no clue. It's fine to speculate, but don't go off putting some baseless claims and stating it as fact. It just makes you look arrogant.

As for those that are still holding out hope. That's fine, but keep your expectations in check. I think its sweet that there's fans that still want to continue the fight and I'd encourage that. My motivation has been taken away, but it's nice to see others continue to push out a campaign for his inclusion. However, I don't want to see anyone get really upset after all 5 DLC characters are confirmed and not a single one of them has Shadow. You should know what you're getting into if you're going to continue pushing for this.

I've rambled on for too long, so I'm just going to finish it with this. It's a shame our character didn't make it into Smash. I completely understand how all of you feel, but please try to control yourselves. Taking things too far is only going to make people's opinion of us worse (and I don't just mean Shadow, but for all AT's deconfirmed), so please really think before you start posting. That's all.
I mentioned this in the Tails thread. Though I'm currently pessimistic of Sonic getting a character all in DLC this game right now.

But assuming the next game drops the roster number down like Sakurai assumes it might. Any 3rd party franchises that they can keep may get more characters to at least try to make up somewhat for not everybody being back once again. I believe it will be totally possible that Sonic, Tails, Knuckles could all become playable characters in their own right eventually and assuming Echoes come back Shadow (As for those concerned about the two spin dashes and a spring, maybe this game also revamps Sonic's moveset that will be able to share it better with Shadow in some way) can as well. I do think that while yes it's so far only echoes. Richter and Ken still leaves it open to 3rd party franchises getting more then one character. We just don't know if Sakurai will be in charge of the next one. Ultimate feels like his swan song/magnum opus before he at least switches to a more advisory role while he gives the reins to someone else.

At the very least, I just can't see 3rd parties leaving Smash altogether. And Sonic always seems to be among the safest to return. So as long as 3rd parties remain in Smash. There's that chance for us all.

Top Bottom