• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Life Form ~ Shadow the Hedgehog for Smash Ultimate! (Maria...)

kodoru__

Smash Cadet
I know it's absurd, but I resent him....and I wouldn't have been disappointed if they had quickly revealed AT Shadow.

Mikeline

Smash Rookie
At the very least I wont have to waste money on a Switch anymore.
Couldn't they have showed him earlier?

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
This was so disappointing..a plant from Mario gets to be playable but highly requested characters like Isaac and shadow are AT...

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
So they dragged me along since Knuckles was shown off as an AT in June. Shadow dodged every bullet of decomfirems and was just gone just like that.

Waluigi and Shadow are deemed less then a plant.

I think the plant is cool, but I never get my most wanted.

kodoru__

Smash Cadet
Isn't there a any hope for the Assist Trophy? But if I had a second chance Smash ballot, I would do my best for the shadow.

Last edited:

Kulty

Smash Ace
I actually don't mind Piranha Plant. It's a really cool addition, but MAN DOES THE SONIC FRANCHISE gets treated so badly. Street Fighter and Castlevenia got two characters, but not Sonic? MAN DISSAPOINTING. And I'm not expecting a Sonic remix either, so RIP. Still hype for the game and Spirits, but this is probably the least excited I've been for a Smash Direct.

Last edited:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
The deconfirmation hurts, but I feel worse for Isaac fans right now considering... yeah.

Maybe another day, Shadow fans. I actually like Piranha Plant though don't kill me

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I thought Shadow was the safest right next to Ken. Sorry that Sakurai could not even make 1 Sonic character work for Smash Brothers.

zerkerxror

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0748-3830-6765
Switch FC
SW-7051-3659-4513
Shadow didn't get in, neither did Isaac and they decided to make them into an AT still?
But Piranha Plant makes it in? What a joke.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
I'm sorry Shadow fans, I honestly thought he would be a guaranteed echo of Sonic, I was kinda hoping to see him just to to have a fight between him and Sonic with the "For true story" theme and such, oh well.

Sayonara Shadow the Hedgehog.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
Shadow didn't get in, neither did Isaac and they decided to make them into an AT still?
Tbh that was the biggest slap in the face. As someone had said before idk which is the biggest troll the grinch leak or the Piranha Plant. I still appreciate the hard work Sakurai and his team put in but like..wtf

Kulty

Smash Ace
Well time for me to support Dixie Kong (hope she was not officially deconfirmed by Spirits) and Rayman. There's no hope for the Sonic franchise having new content. :(

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'll admit that I'm anal about this. Like REALLY anal

But at least they made an appearance and we can beat them up so it's the thoughts that counts. But Shadow was pretty much a guaranteed Echo fighter and I'm surprised that Sonic didn't get a second rep, yet Castlevania and Street Fighter did

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
I'll admit that I'm anal about this. Like REALLY anal

But at least they made an appearance and we can beat them up so it's the thoughts that counts. But Shadow was pretty much a guaranteed Echo fighter and I'm surprised that Sonic didn't get a second rep, yet Castlevania and Street Fighter did
Why is that? Sonic has been in since brawl

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Shadow was the most baffling deconfirmation. It seemed like everything was lining up for him to be an echo. Guess it's Sakurai's way of letting us know he can't be predicted.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
Shadow being an AT makes me wonder why did Sakurai waste time on a knuckles AT? Shadow AT seem to have a different move Sakurai could of had been shown Shadow off as an AT idk why he waited and so apparently sonic have two ATs

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I honestly can't believe Shadow's an AT still. Maybe this means Tails will be a DLC semi-clone? I doubt it honestly.

Kinda nuts that the one third party character who's been here since Brawl won't be getting anything, while two franchises who I don't believe will be seeing any action on a Nintendo console do get echoes. Trying to suck up to them to get them on the Switch much? (Probably not, sorry, disgruntled feelings got the best of me there).

kodoru__

Smash Cadet
It's sad that Shadow is Assist trophy, but what made breaking my heart was the process of showing it.
During three Directs, they never showed Shadow, and they made me hope.
But in today's Direct, Sakurai put me in despair by saying Ken and Incineroar are final fighter. and when he introduced Spirit Mode, he showed most of the sonic characters but didn't show Shadow. So I had hope again. Finally, he shows Shadow as Assist Trophy. first of all. Is this intended? Or is it a coincidence?Why didn't him show Assist Trophy Shadow in previous Directs? I'll enjoy the Smash Ultimate, but I'll get depressed whenever I see Shadow.

Sorry. I don't even know if I'm using proper English right now.

hposter

Smash Apprentice
If we're taking the spirits mode as a deconfirmation for characters, then almost the entire Sonic franchise is deconfirmed.

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538
Want to pop up and say sorry for you all - Shadow was my most wanted echo. Don’t give up hope - this may be it for Ultimate, but don’t stop supporting him. Keep your Ultimate Life-Form in the discussion. If he’s brought up enough times, if he’s voted for enough times in any potential ballot, he will be considered. Good luck next time.
-Shovel Knight, Ashley, and Phoenix Wright fan

Last edited:

zerkerxror

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0748-3830-6765
Switch FC
SW-7051-3659-4513
Shadow being an AT makes me wonder why did Sakurai waste time on a knuckles AT? Shadow AT seem to have a different move Sakurai could of had been shown Shadow off as an AT idk why he waited and so apparently sonic have two ATs
This...THIS EXACTLY! Not to mention have you seen the way Shadow looks?
His model looks WAY better than the one that was used in Wii U as well.
God I'm so heart broken, can't believe what I witnessed today...

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
This reveal broke my soul today. Shadow was the one echo fighter I wanted most and we get Ken before him? I was almost hoping that Ken, Shadow, and Incineroar would be in the same trailer, or that Shadow would be DLC. But they had to ruin that with the Assist Trophy banner. Sonic's franchise was represented since Brawl, so it makes a ton more sense for him to get a second character before Street Fighter. But Ken? I know a lot of hate is going towards Incineroar and Piranha Plant, but I honestly hated the fact that the Ken leak was real.

Unpopular opinion, but I honestly liked the Piranha Plant trailer. I had a dream a long time ago that Petey Piranha was in the character select screen in a Smash game that resembled Melee's CSS screen. When I saw that trailer, I immediately thought about that dream. To be fair, I also had a dream last night about Shadow being revealed, so maybe we'll get him another game? One dream was broken while another came true late, it seems.

Even though Shadow is still an assist trophy, I am still excited for Smash Ultimate. I got King K. Rool, Ridley, and to a lesser extent Piranha Plant (with Petey Piranha), so nothing changes for me. My heart still pains from losing Shadow, but I'll get over it sometime.

Top Bottom