• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Life Form ~ Shadow the Hedgehog for Smash Ultimate! (Maria...)

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Now people are saying ZHugeEx's post may have implied Shadow, along with Isaac, is an assist trophy still :(

Now i'm gonna know how Ashley and Waluigi fans felt

Arkaizer

Smash Apprentice
... I'll believe it when I see it.

The recent news with Vergeben and Isaac is unsettling, to say the least. But I won't lose my confidence until I see for myself that Shadow is an Assist Trophy.

Last edited:

kodoru__

Smash Cadet
If Shadow is really AT, I don't understand why they've been hiding Shadow so far. Why didn't they show him on the August Direct? Also, it seems strange that Street Fighter and Castlevania alone get a second fighter and Sonic don't get a second fighter. I'm sure Shadow is a fighter!

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
So it finally comes to this. Thursday we'll know if Shadow is playable or not. If he truly becomes playable then I'ma lose my mind. After I got Sonic in Brawl (who was my most requested character and still my main), I always loved the idea of Shadow being playable alongside him. I remember how I would play with AT on just to see Shadow right next to Sonic when I summoned him. I also loved getting his trophies in Brawl and both Wii U/3DS. I just really like the character. If Shadow makes it in (echo or not) then I'm definitely dual maining him with Sonic. Here's hoping it really does happen.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
EDIT: Wrong thread, lol, I have like 5 tabs open since stuff is going so fast.

That said, Shadow is still hanging strong guys.

Last edited:

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
I’m still crossing my fingers but my confidence feel so shot down right now. I’m keeping my expectations low and keeping my mind open to things. The fact that shadow could be an AT is...something I don’t wanna think about but it may happen. I would really wonder why Sakurai held on to the Shadow AT for this long though..

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
The main reason I don't believe Verg on this particular subject is because of when he heard about Richter, but kept quiet about it because he wasn't sure if he was an assist or not. He could be jumping the gun in regards to Shadow and Isaac.

The bigger picture here though is that all the various insiders and leakers have conflicting information to the extent where I cannot trust any of them. Some have already given up, and even as a pessimist I don't see why.

Verg can be wrong. He hasn't yet, but he could be. Same for the rest. Same for the Grinch.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I'm betting Shadow is 100% playable, and don't believe this crock that he's still an assist trophy. If he were, he'd have been showcased right at E3. Sakurai is not stupid. The echo bit came right before the showcase of assist trophies. Many started speculating Shadow as an echo after that. He'd have put 2 and 2 together. He has played many of the games where Shadow is playable, thus would be aware of his similarities to Sonic ,and if he recognizes Dark Samus and Chrom as highly requested, then he's certainly aware of Shadow's requests.

And if the Sonic series has more than 1 assist this time, why constantly promote Knuckles? Why not have Sonic pose with both his assist trophies? Why completely not address Shadow? We're practically a month away from Ultimate's release, and no sign of Shadow. On top of that, there's already an assist trophy that performs his actions of slowing down time. He'd be utterly redundant.

So yeah, I fully expect Shadow to be revealed as an echo this Thursday, and until I'm given solid evidence he's not playable, I'm sticking by it.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I'm betting Shadow is 100% playable, and don't believe this crock that he's still an assist trophy. If he were, he'd have been showcased right at E3. Sakurai is not stupid. The echo bit came right before the showcase of assist trophies. Many started speculating Shadow as an echo after that. He'd have put 2 and 2 together. He has played many of the games where Shadow is playable, thus would be aware of his similarities to Sonic ,and if he recognizes Dark Samus and Chrom as highly requested, then he's certainly aware of Shadow's requests.

And if the Sonic series has more than 1 assist this time, why constantly promote Knuckles? Why not have Sonic pose with both his assist trophies? Why completely not address Shadow? We're practically a month away from Ultimate's release, and no sign of Shadow. On top of that, there's already an assist trophy that performs his actions of slowing down time. He'd be utterly redundant.

So yeah, I fully expect Shadow to be revealed as an echo this Thursday, and until I'm given solid evidence he's not playable, I'm sticking by it.
Glad to see someone sees it the way I do. Trust nothing after what we've seen from leakers and insiders the past week. Make your own intelligent predictions.

Mikeline

Smash Rookie
I really despise Insiders, even with no evidence their statements can make people lose all hope. If they're not going to say who is in why speak at all?

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I am 99% sure Shadow will get in. He's the perfect character to show up as an echo for Sonic. Sorry, Tails fans but while I too like Tails... if he ever got in he'd have to be unique or a semi-clone. His recovery is too iconic, I'd be disappointed if he didn't have a tail swipe and while the move is forgettable those ring bombs may just make an interesting attack.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
Well guys only a couple hours left until the smash direct. After thinking about things I think I have spent wayyy too long in that smash speculation thread of people posting thing about leakers/insiders. In fact these leakers did have conflicting info and some were even flip flopping at the point where I just don’t care because we are getting a direct tomorrow anyway. I’m still keeping my expectations in check and I still feel Shadow has a lot going for him to be an echo fighter. So let’s all hope to see our edgy hedge in this upcoming direct :)

GreekGamer

Smash Rookie
Long time lurker and with the Final Direct before release tomorrow, I finally made an account yesterday to show support for the characters I want.

I think Shadow has a huge chance to be an Echo Fighter (if not a semi-clone, like Isabelle) and would be very surprised if he stays an Assist Trophy. Growing up playing Classic Sonic games, Shadow hasn't been as prevalent in my life as Sonic, but I do really like Shadow and think he has enough support to make it.

Here's hoping Shadow makes it!

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Verge has destroyed my confidence. Everything else makes sense for Shadow's inclusion but the insiders are scaring the **** out of me.

BasedSakurai.PNG

I summon based Sakurai!!

I SUMMON THE GRINCH

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I INVOKE BASED SHADOW

Dop4IgkUwAAaR2O.jpg large.jpg

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ SHADOW TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Shadow avengers, assemble! Let's do this!!

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
May the Based Mr Grinch pull through tomorrow (my thorough investigation of it says it will)!

Here's to hoping the Ultimate Life Form is brought to the Ultimate Smash Bros Game!

P.S. I also heard that the Sonic series has 6 more songs than the last game... I wonder what they are.

Also this made me lol:

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
You know my fellow Brothers, i just want to say it's been a ride up to this point, now this is the moment we learn of Shadow's fate

All i will say is that Shadow as a unique/Semi-Clone is coming. Screw that Echo fighter stuff, he's getting in on his own terms my brothers. I've been waiting for this day for a long while

It's time for the "TWO Spindashes and a Spring/Warp" saying to truly die, it is time for Shadow to bring Chaos, It's time for this board to prepare to look back at all the "Shadow will be an echo, Echo or nothing, TWO SPindashes, no other way, etc" posts and to look at it as a Very Big Misconception, because by the end of this, Echo Shadow will be just a relic of the past, while Unique Shadow, True Shadow, Shadow at his fullest, will live on for years and years among the other characters to appear in Smash Ultimate. It is time for my predictions to come to fruition. No need to Drink 7 Cups of Mustard water and lose my soul. It is TIME to CONTROL the CHAOS

Supertransformshadow.png

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Good luck to Shadow fans. I think he has a pretty good shot regardless of what's real tomorrow.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Shadow and Ken are the only two echoes I have a good feeling about right now.

Dixie could go either way(DLC is possible too), but I'm not as confident on her as I am on Shadow.

I'm expecting Ken, Incineroar, and Shadow at least. Maybe Steve, Banjo-Kazooie? I don't believe in the Mural Leak whatsoever, though the character choices are cool nonetheless.

Arkaizer

Smash Apprentice
We're in the home stretch, everyone. There's been ups and downs, but we're all in this together, win or lose. I don't think any other song is more fitting than this:

Because we're hanging on the edge of tomorrow, from the works of yesterday.
Here's to hoping that tomorrow we can witness Shadow finally escaping that Assist Trophy after ten long years.

Kulty

Smash Ace
IT all starts with this. The ''Smash Direct'' containing the Ultimate Power (okay I`ll stop). :p:chuckle:

Anyway, let`s wish the best for our Ultimate Life Form tomorrow. We may not be as big as Isaac, Geno and Banjo, but we have support and evidence of speculation for the 2nd most popular character from an iconic franchise. Regardless of the outcome, I'll still be happy with the roster, but will be sad to see the Sonic franchise getting ignored of new content once again. He may not be as likely as Ken, Incineroar and Geno, but I still think he`s at least top 10, if not top 5 most likely characters to make into base roster.

LET'S SUPPORT OUR BLACK HEDGEHOG UNTIL HIS OFFICIAL DECONFIRMATION (being AT or completely cut). Screw Vergeban (who stated that some characters in Banner will be AT and Isaac being one of them. Same can happen with Shadow) and the Grinch leak (even though I want this to be real). I think he will be in. Still keeping my expectations low though. :)

LET`S GO SHADOW FANS! THIS IS THE ULTIMATE POWER!

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Good night all! Try and get some rest and not worry too much! Tomorrow is a bright day full of possibilities! Let's all stay positive and hope for the best. Love you all! See you on the other side! And Happy Halloween! <3

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Just dropping by to say good luck, not like you really need it or anything lol. I'm pretty confident this edge boi's in, and I can't wait to play him!

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Good luck everyone. Shadow has been a dream of mine since 9 year old me was looking up how to unlock him in Brawl on supercheats.com. Lets hope for the best!

kodoru__

Smash Cadet
About 2 hours left. I made a small summoning circle for our Ultimate Life Form! I'm so excited that my heart is palpitating!

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
Just coming in from the Banjo-Kazooie thread to wish you guys and the Ultimate Life Form good luck.

Top Bottom