• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Life Form ~ Shadow the Hedgehog for Smash Ultimate! (Maria...)

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna drop in here to show some possibly last minute support. While I'm not that big of a Sonic fan personally, that series more then deserves to get another character, and I've been in the group of people who have been calling that Shadow would be an Echo Fighter of Sonic ever since the E3 trailer showed that his assist trophy was seemingly replaced with Knuckles. Just reveal him already please.

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
Just stopping by to give support for my fave character to be in Ultimate

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't think we're getting Echo Fighter reveals tomorrow, on the merit that tomorrow will likely just be a trailer for a unique. I doubt we'll have a full-on "Sakurai sitting in a room and talking to us" segment like the past two times.

I'd love to be wrong though. And if we do get Echoes tomorrow, I think Shadow is one of the most likely to be shown, perhaps alongside fellow third-party Echo Ken.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I honestly don't think we're getting Echo Fighter reveals tomorrow, on the merit that tomorrow will likely just be a trailer for a unique. I doubt we'll have a full-on "Sakurai sitting in a room and talking to us" segment like the past two times.

I'd love to be wrong though. And if we do get Echoes tomorrow, I think Shadow is one of the most likely to be shown, perhaps alongside fellow third-party Echo Ken.
Maybe tomorrow will be all 3rd party reveals or something

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
Hears hoping that they will toss out some more echo reveals like they did for :ultchrom::ultdarksamus: tomorrow.

So that maybe we can see Shadow revealed with Isabelle or Ken or something.

Shadow Supporters: 123
#

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
K
J
L
M
N
O
P
Q

R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z

Last edited:

Arkaizer

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully tomorrow's Direct will put an end to all this waiting, it's been making me so anxious. Some days I've felt so confident that Shadow was a lock for a Sonic echo, then other days I'm worrying if he still is an assist trophy after all... I'd rather just get it over with if that's the case. Still, I'd be ecstatic if he gets revealed tomorrow, he's been the one dream character I've wanted since Sonic's reveal in Brawl, and now that dream is closer than ever.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Count me as a supporter. More Sonic characters is only a good thing. Strange, I could bare waiting the week, but it's these 24 hours stretch between the announcement and the actual direct that's excruciating.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Count me as a supporter. More Sonic characters is only a good thing. Strange, I could bare waiting the week, but it's these 24 hours stretch between the announcement and the actual direct that's excruciating.
That’s because the closer we get to something the longer and more painful the anticipation and wait will be

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
I've been having a ****ty few weeks... I really really hope Shadow is announced.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Direct is tomorrow. If I don't get Shadow announcement I will be sad.
it's not going to be the last smash news so there is a chance. although we have a at least 14 weeks til the game comes out. not a lot of time to reveal a lot of characters

Mikeline

Smash Rookie
Shadow is the only character I want that I think will make it. I'll only buy a Switch if he's in.
Everyone says he's a lock, but I can't help being nervous...

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Shantae supporter coming from the Shantae Thread.

Just came to wish you guys good luck for today's Direct.
Even though I don't like Shadow, I still wish you guys the best and hope you will get your wish. ;)

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Isabelle bodes well for Shadow's chances of getting in as a semi clone, not a full on echo.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Isabelle bodes well for Shadow's chances of getting in as a semi clone, not a full on echo.
Sorry, but Shadow's chances as an Echo of Sonic is still very high and is more likely, just because Isabelle is a semi-clone of Villager doesn't mean that Shadow will be one as well (plus an Isabelle Echo of Villager wouldn't have worked very well, plus seeing such an adorable character like Isabelle using an axe wouldn't have fit her character at all).

He's always been Sonic's clone ever since his very first appearance in SA2, and it should stay that way for Smash Bros, he can have like 1 or 2 moves that are different from Sonic's (Chaos Control for recovery and the Boosting mechanic from the Modern Sonic games as his side B), but other than that, still a full-Echo.

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Isabelle also narrows down the competition. Given Verg leaks she was previously the most likely Echo, but with her being a semi-clone that has now switched to Ken and Shadow.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Not really. Remember he's still a 3rd party character and while a popular one, not one from a series the dev team themselves are that interested in. Sonic has been in 3 Smash games at this point, if they cared more, they would have changed his specials to not have the Spin Dash twice. It was only really excusable in Brawl, since he was a last-minute addition.

What I'm saying is that while I do love Sonic (a lot), I'm well aware that most people view the series as a joke or even a disgrace. I think those people could swallow the fact that Shadow is an echo fighter a lot easier than him being a semi-clone that ate up considerable resources.

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Isabelle also narrows down the competition. Given Verg leaks she was previously the most likely Echo, but with her being a semi-clone that has now switched to Ken and Shadow.
Pretty much this^^

Verg actually got one wrong this time around, he predicted that Isabelle would be an Echo, and as it turns out she's a semi-clone instead (Isabelle using the axe would have been so wrong on so many levels).

Shadow's Echo status is 100% a thing at this point (and he's still a 3rd-party character), and if I'm not mistaken, Shadow's like the ONLY Assist Trophy that's not shown off yet, and the only one left on that list to reveal.

Shadow's in! He's definitely coming, but when?

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
This solidifies Shadow's inclusion imo. I'm not surprised they didn't show much for Smash in a general direct, but this had me immediately thinking that the MIA Assist ---> Playable theory is being proven more and more by the minute.

I do think it's incredibly unlikely he'll be a semi-clone like Isabelle, but... I could be surprised. I don't expect much.

hposter

Smash Apprentice
i guess we can rest easy knowing that the assist pattern is a real thing
ride into the sun with me, shadowbros

Arkaizer

Smash Apprentice
Isabelle was a pretty chill reveal for a relatively laid back direct... plus, a good tie-in for the new Animal Crossing reveal. Still, 'grats to the Isabelle supporters. I'm surprised she got bumped up to semiclone instead of just echo fighter status. They probably want to save the big hitters for another smash direct. like shadow

Back to waiting. I want to say Shadow's all but confirmed thanks what we can gather from Isabelle, but I still don't know for sure. I want to believe, but I'm still afraid of seeing him popping out of an Assist Trophy during some otherwise inconspicuous gameplay footage.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Verg never predicted Isabelle would be an Echo. He only said he wasn't sure what she was due to a lack of information. He never got one thing wrong at all. Either yet or clearly is legit.

Besides, predictions aren't actual leaks. That's his opinion of it. It's the same with the Minecraft content. He has no idea what it is, but is thinking a stage and/or AT only. It could be different than that.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Now have to wait another X amount of time for Shadow or Tails. :( The sad thing is, I will be so excited for the game and want december 7th to come out faster but the sad news is that this is my last year of college and I don't want time to go by faster. :(

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Now have to wait another X amount of time for Shadow or Tails. :( The sad thing is, I will be so excited for the game and want december 7th to come out faster but the sad news is that this is my last year of college and I don't want time to go by faster. :(
Look at the bright side. Isabelle is proof that Assist Trophies can be a semi clone. That spells good news for Shadow.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Look at the bright side. Isabelle is proof that Assist Trophies can be a semi clone. That spells good news for Shadow.
She’s also proof that more than 1 AT character can become playable at once

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Verg never predicted Isabelle would be an Echo. He only said he wasn't sure what she was due to a lack of information. He never got one thing wrong at all. Either yet or clearly is legit.

Besides, predictions aren't actual leaks. That's his opinion of it. It's the same with the Minecraft content. He has no idea what it is, but is thinking a stage and/or AT only. It could be different than that.
Actually, he did say she was an echo based on his source.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Isabelle pretty much is the last thing we needed

I think shadow is pretty much 100% shoe-in level now

Bad news is still more likely as echo than semi-echo/luigified

GlitchWarrior

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3540-4749-2681
So... here we go! Time to prepare for the coming of the ULTIMATE LIFE FORM HIMSELF. We've got a while, but he's not just likely anymore, he's probable.
On the other hand, I've seen Tails and Eggman thrown around every once in a while. I support all three Sonic newcomers, but it's just not going to happen. One of them will lose out, I know. Unless Sega's really THAT chummy with Nintendo...
Let's get ready for Shadow, people. Wha- Hold on, hide that **** fourth Chaos Emerald! He's not allowed to find it!

7NATOR

Smash Master
I've been absent from Smashboards, but now with Isabelle's inclusion, Shadow's Chances as his own DAMN Fighter just Got Much More Likely

Shadow is definitely popular enough, Iconic Enough, and requested enough to be his own fighter, Never forget. NO TWO SPINDASHES and a SPRING/WARP.

People said Isabelle was destined to be an echo (even i thought she wold be one, never been more happy to get BTFO), but she turned out to be her own character. Time for Shadow to do the Same thing

Also you guys should really Change the title, now that Shadow as his own fighter looking much more likely

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I still maintain Shadow will be an echo. He's been a Sonic clone in almost all the main Sonic games. Any difference like guns and chaos control can easily be remedy using what's in the game now. Mewtwo's Up B, and items.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Chill out on thinking Isabelle makes Shadow more likely to be a unique/semi-clone. Cause if we're going by that logic, Isabelle isn't the only Sonic character helped by her inclusion.

Reminder Isabelle got a mii costume. Know who's the Sonic character who got a Mii costume that's not an Assist Trophy right now? Tails. It was also thought Echoes were the only type of clone we were going to get (In terms of newcomers). That helps Tails too.

We could be getting both Tails and Shadow. Shadow as Sonic's echo, and Tails as a Semi-Clone like Isabelle. Even if one or the other or even both have to wait til' DLC for it to happen.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Chill out on thinking Isabelle makes Shadow more likely to be a unique/semi-clone. Cause if we're going by that logic, Isabelle isn't the only Sonic character helped by her inclusion.

Reminder Isabelle got a mii costume. Know who's the Sonic character who got a Mii costume that's not an Assist Trophy right now? Tails. It was also thought Echoes were the only type of clone we were going to get (In terms of newcomers). That helps Tails too.

We could be getting both Tails and Shadow. Shadow as Sonic's echo, and Tails as a Semi-Clone like Isabelle. Even if one or the other or even both have to wait til' DLC for it to happen.
Or about both Tails and Shadow as Semi-Clones though?

anyways all I'm saying is that Shadow as a Newcomer, his own fighter, is more likely now thanks to Isabelle. I'm not saying it's what might happen, but it's looking to be a likely route they might Take

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
Looked it up again, and you were right. He said he wasn't sure.
Actually, its that he only had 1 source with anything about it, and it said she was a echo.
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...mate_newcomer_in_the_smash/e3zrfj0/?context=3
I've been absent from Smashboards, but now with Isabelle's inclusion, Shadow's Chances as his own DAMN Fighter just Got Much More Likely

Shadow is definitely popular enough, Iconic Enough, and requested enough to be his own fighter, Never forget. NO TWO SPINDASHES and a SPRING/WARP.

People said Isabelle was destined to be an echo (even i thought she wold be one, never been more happy to get BTFO), but she turned out to be her own character. Time for Shadow to do the Same thing

Also you guys should really Change the title, now that Shadow as his own fighter looking much more likely
Shadow can have his own specials and still be a echo you know.

Last edited:

Girnee

Smash Cadet
Hi, it's my first time posting here but I had an interesting idea pertaining to Shadow and how to potentially fix the 2 spindashes problem if he's an Echo Fighter.

So I've seen the idea of giving Shadow Mewtwo's Up Special multiple times and I think it's a great idea and it got me thinking about what could replace either his Side or Down Special, and I think I've got the perfect solution. What if Shadow's Down Special was changed to be Bayonetta's Down Special? We know for a fact that Shadow can slow down time with Chaos Control, heck it's even what his assist trophy did in past games and I think it would make Shadow feel significantly different in playstyle to Sonic while not changing much more then what Chrom did with Roy's moveset.

So that's my idea, thoughts?

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
It's been brought up before. I think it'd be a nice idea and it'd work too considering Bayonetta is also a Sega character, so he'd be borrowing a move from a fellow rep. What's usually tossed around is this

Shadow's Up-B > Mewtwo's Teleport

Shadow's Down-B > Bayonetta's Witch Time (Chaos Control)

Shadow's Neutral-B > Sheik's Needles (Chaos Spear)

If Shadow were to have at least on of these things then that would make a lot of people even happier. I'm not big on the idea of having Shadow getting Sheik's needles turned in Chaos Spear, but if Sakurai could make it work, I wouldn't mind.

Dark2020

Smash Apprentice
Shadow at this point is the only possible Newcomer that I want. (The other 2 being Jin and/or Malos from XC2). Here's hoping he has guns! (I actually like Shadow the Hedgehog the video game. . . .)

Top Bottom