• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Life Form ~ Shadow the Hedgehog for Smash Ultimate! (Maria...)

D

Deleted member

Shadow's one of my most wanted characters, but being an Echo is bittersweet for me.

...I'll take it over nothing, I suppose.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I have to agree with KMDP here. I think the jingle from Shadow The Hedgehog works best here. Especially since it's from a game Shadow himself starred in. It makes a lot of sense all around. Plus, Sakurai himself has played the game, so I'm sure he's familiar with it.

Speaking of STH, I'd also like to see Westopolis' theme make an appearance in Smash if they ever added him. A stage would also be great (just imagine fighting while the city in the background is being both destroyed and invaded by the Black Arms.). However, that's extremely unlikely to happen. I don't even think Radical Highway has a chance, but if either of them is added then I'd like to see the theme added.
Westopolis would be great, the cool thing about the Forces remix is that it uses aspects of both Westopolis and Vengeance is Mine (Radical Highway).

For a stage I think I'd like the Space Colony ARK, but I doubt we'll get it.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Wow this thread is popping!

If shadow got a stage, IMO it would have to be Radical Highway. Just in terms of representing his history and the legacy of SA2, I feel it is perfect.

Also I feel if Shadow does get any moveset differences, it will be with chaos control. I could see them cloning Mewtwo's Teleport to him or something like that.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

If shadow got a stage, IMO it would have to be Radical Highway. Just in terms of representing his history and the legacy of SA2, I feel it is perfect.

Also I feel if Shadow does get any moveset differences, it will be with chaos control. I could see them cloning Mewtwo's Teleport to him or something like that.
I take full responsibility, I loved when Sonic got announced in Brawl, if I can get Shadow too, it'd be great.

Also I agree, a Mewtwo like teleport would be perfect, or if they wanted to take from 06 of all places, they could have his homing attack launch into that funky "Chaos Attack" combo he had there.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
I felt Tails, Eggman, and maybe Kunckles deserved to be in Smash over him.

But I'm honestly fine with Shadow as well. I do like the Edgehog overall, and I could see him getting this Echo treatment. And that quite possibly is the most likely Sonic addition that's possible, so I'm cool with it. And afterall, Sonic characters are more iconic by a landslide than what most people try to throw up for 3rd party choices.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom you can add me to the supporters list, if you didn't already!

It's because of the lack of Shadow's AT at the moment, alongside the introduction of the concept of echoes. Super convenient timing.
Yeah it's really interesting to me, it's almost like sakurai wanted to leave the hints, because even Sonic's trailer still has the "pose with the AT" he usually does in his trailers, but it's with Knuckles this time.

I felt Tails, Eggman, and maybe Kunckles deserved to be in Smash over him.

But I'm honestly fine with Shadow as well. I do like the Edgehog overall, and I could see him getting this Echo treatment. And that quite possibly is the most likely Sonic addition that's possible, so I'm cool with it. And afterall, Sonic characters are more iconic by a landslide than what most people try to throw up for 3rd party choices.
While I agree with the afformentioned 3 I think Shadow works just as well, for the reasons ZTurtle ZTurtle gave. I also have a bias for Shadow i'll admit despite loving Knuckles, Eggman and Tails as well.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Sure, throw me in there. Always had a soft spot for the character and Sonic was one of my mains in 4, so I wouldn't mind an Echo at all.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Westopolis would be great, the cool thing about the Forces remix is that it uses aspects of both Westopolis and Vengeance is Mine (Radical Highway).

I loved the fact that Forces remixed it. I think all of the remixed themes used in that game should be transferred over to Smash. It was also nice to see Shadow be playable in the game. I know they could have done much more, but I'm satisfied with what I got. Having Shadow return as a playable character there and seeing the possibility of him being playable in Smash makes me really happy.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I loved the fact that Forces remixed it. I think all of the remixed themes used in that game should be transferred over to Smash. It was also nice to see Shadow be playable in the game. I know they could have done much more, but I'm satisfied with what I got. Having Shadow return as a playable character there and seeing the possibility of him being playable in Smash makes me really happy.
It'd be sooooo awesome.

Also we could have the goofy team match of Sonic & Pit vs Shadow & Dark Pit

Or just keep it Sonic & Shadow vs Pit & Dark Pit.

Also oh man, I just realized if Shadow gets in we'll have the core hero cast of Super Mario Bros Z.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
It'd be sooooo awesome.

Also we could have the goofy team match of Sonic & Pit vs Shadow & Dark Pit

Or just keep it Sonic & Shadow vs Pit & Dark Pit.

Also oh man, I just realized if Shadow gets in we'll have the core hero cast of Super Mario Bros Z.
That sounds like it'd make for a fun goofy match to have. I love doing silly stuff like that in Smash.

And you're totally right! I forgot all about SMBZ. Wow this is going to be one hell of a throwback if he makes it into Smash.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
That sounds like it'd make for a fun goofy match to have. I love doing silly stuff like that in Smash.

And you're totally right! I forgot all about SMBZ. Wow this is going to be one hell of a throwback if he makes it into Smash.
It's also why i'm hopeful for Simon Belmont, the Captain N reunion haha, that and I love castlevania.

Last edited:

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
I just realized something. If we do get Shadow in Ultimate, it's likely that Kirk Thorton will be voicing him in the game. I still haven't gotten used to his voice as Shadow. Maybe this'll be the chance for me to do so. Part of me does wish Griffith would return, but that's never happening. What are your guys thoughts on Shadow's voice?

Btw TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom , add me on the list of supporters as well if you haven't already.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I just realized something. If we do get Shadow in Ultimate, it's likely that Kirk Thorton will be voicing him in the game. I still haven't gotten used to his voice as Shadow. Maybe this'll be the chance for me to do so. Part of me does wish Griffith would return, but that's never happening. What are your guys thoughts on Shadow's voice?

Btw TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom , add me on the list of supporters as well if you haven't already.
I'm very biased for David Humphrey, but maybe this is the chance for Kirk to break out more in the role unless they just recycle his Forces lines.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I have to agree with KMDP here. I think the jingle from Shadow The Hedgehog works best here. Especially since it's from a game Shadow himself starred in. It makes a lot of sense all around. Plus, Sakurai himself has played the game, so I'm sure he's familiar with it.

Speaking of STH, I'd also like to see Westopolis' theme make an appearance in Smash if they ever added him. A stage would also be great (just imagine fighting while the city in the background is being both destroyed and invaded by the Black Arms.). However, that's extremely unlikely to happen. I don't even think Radical Highway has a chance, but if either of them is added then I'd like to see the theme added.

I can actually picture Radical Highway in my head pretty clearly.

Imagine a larger version of Mario Circuit (Brawl) without ground and the central platform replaced with a rising and lowering cylinder (with the two road sections further apart to accommodate it).

That's what I'm imagining.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I'm very biased for David Humphrey, but maybe this is the chance for Kirk to break out more in the role unless they just recycle his Forces lines.
They probs will reuse Kirk's forces lines or just have him rerecord. IMO OG Shadow is best shadow but I will live.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
They probs will reuse Kirk's forces lines or just have him rerecord. IMO OG Shadow is best shadow but I will live.
I agree entirely, I'll get used to Kirk eventually I think... Maybe, I used to not like Roger until I got super used to him now he's one of my favorite Sonics.

KMDP

Smash Legend

I can picture two different Space Colony ARK stages. One based on Final Rush/Final Chase (or Cosmic Fall, if you want it to be like Umbra Clock Tower), and one based on the fake Emerald Shrine chamber (with the Biolizard as a background element and/or hazard generator).

I'm fairly sure the second option would be called "Cannon's Core" instead though.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I can picture two different Space Colony ARK stages. One based on Final Rush/Final Chase (or Cosmic Fall, if you want it to be like Umbra Clock Tower), and one based on the fake Emerald Shrine chamber (with the Biolizard as a background element and/or hazard generator)
Oh man the Emerald Chamber, that makes me also want the one from 3&K as well, or like mix the two together.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh man the Emerald Chamber, that makes me also want the one from 3&K as well, or like mix the two together.
Hidden Palace as a Stage with Knuckles as a Flying Man style hazard ("ohno!") might have been great.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I could easily see him being an echo character with his dodges having his lil' warping animation instead of regular ones.
Heck, with all the evidence piling up, I think he's super likely.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Adding to my Space Colony ARK stage idea, it would make a great stage in terms of Shadow's unlock sequence.

Like, you unlock Shadow after beating Classic Mode (on Hard, most likely) as Sonic, and you have to fight him on that one runway.

Another stage idea (albeit one not related to Shadow): Station Square!

Works like Jungle Japes and Midgar: constant running water, Perfect Chaos is in the background. Occasionally PC fires a beam at the stage, which has a visible "time to impact" like Bahamut Zero in Midgar. Also, tornados, like the Gust Bellows, only throwing you up.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I could easily see him being an echo character with his dodges having his lil' warping animation instead of regular ones.
Heck, with all the evidence piling up, I think he's super likely.
Shadow vs Mewtwo would look like a Dragon Ball fight at that point, and that is A-ok with me.

Adding to my Space Colony ARK stage idea, it would make a great stage in terms of Shadow's unlock sequence.

Like, you unlock Shadow after beating Classic Mode (on Hard, most likely) as Sonic, and you have to fight him on that one runway.

Another stage idea (albeit one not related to Shadow): Station Square!

Works like Jungle Japes and Midgar: constant running water, Perfect Chaos is in the background. Occasionally PC fires a beam at the stage, which has a visible "time to impact" like Bahamut Zero in Midgar.
"Before this is over, i'll show you the true power of CHAOS CONTROL!"

I'd love to see the runway, use like Final Rush and Final Chase stuff in the background.

KMDP

Smash Legend
"Before this is over, i'll show you the true power of CHAOS CONTROL!"
"I'll use yo- CHAOS CONTROL!!"

It would be really neat if every unlockable character had a line to say (assuming they can speak) and a short custcene before you fought them.

Edit: By "short cutscene" I mean short like the average fighting game opener. Sort of like what the characters got in Adventure Mode.

Last edited:

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
David Humphrey was great as Shadow, but I feel like Griffith really nailed his character. Both are definitely great in their own right. I just hope we get to hear more of Kirk Thornton. I want to get used to his performance, but he hasn't done enough. Here's hoping Shadow is more involved in future Sonic games.

KMDP

Smash Legend
David Humphrey was great as Shadow, but I feel like Griffith really nailed his character. Both are definitely great in their own right. I just hope we get to hear more of Kirk Thornton. I want to get used to his performance, but he hasn't done enough. Here's hoping Shadow is more involved in future Sonic games.
Speaking of voice actors, the only Sonic voice I dislike is Kathleen Delaney as Rouge (the Sonic X one), I just felt the way she did the voice was super unfitting for a character who's supposed to be 18.

It's actually why I don't like Lani Minella (who was also Rouge) as Lyn, for the exact same reason. If Lyn were like, in her mid-to-late 20s/early 30s, I'd accept (and like) the deep voice, but she's 18. As a disclaimer, I liked Lani Minella as Rouge in Sonic Adventure 2 and Heroes.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Griffith got really good at both Sonic & Shadow before he got replaced, it's a shame really.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Griffith got really good at both Sonic & Shadow before he got replaced, it's a shame really.
With Unleashed being probably my favorite 3D Sonic game to date, I agree. Griffith's performance as Sonic was top-notch and didn't have the same forced feeling like in the games prior. Maybe because the game's story was more cinematic and thus his quality of work was more emphasized.

I still like Roger as Sonic though, for the most part. Didn't like Shadow's voice in Gens, but in Forces it's much better.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Okay! Idea for a trailer!

The canyon where the Megaman & Bowser Jr. trailers took place.

Sonic is fighting... oh, I don't know, Ridley (with others)... or something.

He gets beaten and collapses...

(watch for example)

Then cool stuff happens.

As for the tagline, I don't know.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Okay! Idea for a trailer!

The canyon where the Megaman & Bowser Jr. trailers took place.

Sonic is fighting... oh, I don't know, Ridley (with others)... or something.

He gets beaten and collapses...

(watch for example)

Then cool stuff happens.

As for the tagline, I don't know.
Sounds good also the tagline could be like....

Damn I can't actually think of one.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
SHADOW
DAMN!

How about...
SHADOW
BRINGS THE CHAOS!
I like brings the chaos, I was trying to think of a bad pun with his name but I couldn't come up with anything clever.

I'm still amused that Sakurai used Seal the Deal with Roy because... Sword of Seals and all lol.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Here's my idea:

The trailer opens with :ultsonic: fighting characters from the :ultmario: series on Green Hill Zone. Sonic gets overwhelmed and knocked back, eyes closed. Then he opens his eyes, looks up, and it cuts to a shot of sparks flying from the ground and a black blur before showing Mario and friends hurling through the air, confused. The blur stops in front of Sonic as he does a quick smirk, and finally you clearly see Shadow's skates, as the screen moves from his feet to his face, and then Shadow holds out his hand holding a Chaos Emerald.

Then the tagline appears: Shadow Causes Chaos!

*cue a remixed For True Story*

Then throughout the trailer it shows Sonic & Shadow battling, and as such highlighting the differences between them.

At the end, it cuts out with Shadow taunting, which will have him pull out a Chaos Emerald, throw it in the air, catch it, and disappear. (in the game he would of course reappear after, ala Mega Man's down taunt.)

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Here's my idea:

The trailer opens with :ultsonic: fighting characters from the :ultmario: series on Green Hill Zone. Sonic gets overwhelmed and knocked back, eyes closed. Then he opens his eyes, looks up, and it cuts to a shot of sparks flying from the ground and a black blur before showing Mario and friends hurling through the air, confused. The blur stops in front of Sonic as he does a quick smirk, and finally you clearly see Shadow's skates, as the screen moves from his feet to his face, and then Shadow holds out his hand holding a Chaos Emerald.

Then the tagline appears: Shadow Causes Chaos!

*cue a remixed For True Story*

Then throughout the trailer it shows Sonic & Shadow battling, and as such highlighting the differences between them.

At the end, it cuts out with Shadow taunting, which will have him pull out a Chaos Emerald, throw it in the air, catch it, and disappear. (in the game he would of course reappear after, ala Mega Man's down taunt.)
Sakurai should hire you, this is an excellent idea.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
SHADOW
DAMN!

How about...
SHADOW
BRINGS THE CHAOS!
This actually brought funny idea into my head. Just imagine every time Shadow hits the blast zone he screams "Damn!" just like in his game. I know that would never happen, but the idea of it makes me laugh.

Top Bottom