• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Life Form ~ Shadow the Hedgehog for Smash Ultimate! (Maria...)

Shadow from the Shadows

Banned via Warnings
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...pw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit#gid=729442469

Some interesting, and well boding data for Shadow's chances as an echo. Unless this is some other Shadow, which I doubt, he seemingly ranked higher than Chrom and Dark Samus in this piece of data across all major regions. He also ranked nearly as well as Knuckles in the overall results, and beat him the japanese based poll. We know that Knuckles is in the game via assist trophy as he didn't rank high enough to justify a unique moveset, which he'd clearly would need to have if represented well. Shadow doesn't have that issue. These were all taken during the heart of the ballot.
Things i have to say to this

1. Remember that these are the FAN Ballot polls. I believe the Data in this Fan Ballot includes 50,000 people (around there). The Actual Ballot had 1.2 MILLION People vote in it. it's something to look at, but not actually something to base off

2. Popularity isn't the only factor for whether a Character is an Assist Trophy, Echo, or unique. If we were to go just based of these Results, Krystal, Waluigi, Bomberman, and Ashley should have gotten over someone like Simon Belmont, but they are Assist Trophies, while Simon is playable. Also Consider that Cloud is RIGHT ABOVE Knuckles on this poll, yet Cloud is in the game with a unique moveset.

I think the main thing is that when concerning the ballot, it's most likely that it's not based more on the Highest of high placings on the ballot, but just whether a Character scored high enough on the ballot to be a serious Consideration. and that's the main thing

Just pointing that out

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Things i have to say to this

1. Remember that these are the FAN Ballot polls. I believe the Data in this Fan Ballot includes 50,000 people (around there). The Actual Ballot had 1.2 MILLION People vote in it. it's something to look at, but not actually something to base off

2. Popularity isn't the only factor for whether a Character is an Assist Trophy, Echo, or unique. If we were to go just based of these Results, Krystal, Waluigi, Bomberman, and Ashley should have gotten over someone like Simon Belmont, but they are Assist Trophies, while Simon is playable. Also Consider that Cloud is RIGHT ABOVE Knuckles on this poll, yet Cloud is in the game with a unique moveset.

I think the main thing is that when concerning the ballot, it's most likely that it's not based more on the Highest of high placings on the ballot, but just whether a Character scored high enough on the ballot to be a serious Consideration. and that's the main thing

Just pointing that out
I never said it was from the ballot, just that these were polls taken during ballot. Also, what separates some characters from getting in to those who don't is how feasible they are and overall popular they are, on top of impact.

Cloud for example got picked because they could work off Ike's base as proven by data miners, but he also comes with the added benefit of being a major icon, unlike some of the other characters you listed. Even if some of them got a few extra votes than Cloud, you'd be ludicrous in believing someone like Crystal or Bomberman are overall more popular than Cloud. Knuckles meets most of the criteria Cloud has. He's iconic enough, and well enough popular, but he doesn't really bring a franchise with him, so his inclusion would just be based on his popularity, which wasn't enough to get him playable, but enough to be represented in some way.

My point with Shadow is, I'm comparing his situation to other echoes, since the qualifications would be the same, given their whole point is feasibility. Thus, their popularity plays a bigger part. I also don't make a point to claim the info confirms Shadow, but it most certainly helps his chances.

Last edited:

Shadow from the Shadows

Banned via Warnings
I never said it was from the ballot, just that these were polls taken during ballot. Also, what separates some characters from getting in to those who don't is how feasible they are and overall popular they are, on top of impact.

Cloud for example got picked because they could work off Ike's base as proven by data miners, but he also comes with the added benefit of being a major icon, unlike some of the other characters you listed. Even if some of them got a few extra votes than Cloud, you'd be ludicrous in believing someone like Crystal or Bomberman are overall more popular than Cloud. Knuckles meets most of the criteria Cloud has. He's iconic enough, and well enough popular, but he doesn't really bring a franchise with him, so his inclusion would just be based on his popularity, which wasn't enough to get him playable, but enough to be represented in some way.

My point with Shadow is, I'm comparing his situation to other echoes, since the qualifications would be the same, given their whole point is feasibility. Thus, their popularity plays a bigger part. I also don't make a point to claim the info confirms Shadow, but it most certainly helps his chances.
i guess in the instance of comparing an Shadow echo to the other echoes, that your reasoning and findings might make Shadow more likely as an echo. i'll give you that, the main thing though is if the thing you are vouching for will actually come to pass, if you know what i mean, along with the fact that due to the small Poll data compared to the actually Ballot data, that conclusions made on this might not be the same on the actual Ballot. Still i get what you are saying and i know you were just referring to the Fan poll, and that you weren't trying to confirm shadow, but just try to make his chances look likely, but we'll see the outcome of this whole endeavor. going back to the Shadow

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
This is to all you ****ing Shadow haterz out there who say Shadow is too dark to be in Smash!

:laugh:
There are people who actually say that? Smash already has just as edgy if not edgier characters in it. We got friggin M rated characters in the game.

Shadow from the Shadows

Banned via Warnings
Up B: Chaos Warp
Side B: Boost
Neutral Special: Chaos Spear
Down Special: Chaos Blast

Final Smash: Spear of Light, a Barrage of Chaos Spears from Super Shadow

Basic Moves come from Sonic Battle, along with other changed attacks that Fit Shadow's Character

Back Throw is Shadow's Round house on Silver

you can thank me later

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone still think shadow may still have a chance to be in the base roster? I still think we could possibly get more echos aleasts (if shadow going to be a echo). But my only fear is the box theory being true that we are only getting ken and the new Pokémon rep :/

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
There are people who actually say that? Smash already has just as edgy if not edgier characters in it. We got friggin M rated characters in the game.
I dunno, I was just looking for an excuse to post that video so I wasn't being serious when I made that statement. lol

Last edited:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I don't subscribe to any theory, not even box theory, I'm just going off of what seems likely from the hints and evidence provided within the actual presentations. So far, Shadow still seems likely.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
I don't subscribe to any theory, not even box theory, I'm just going off of what seems likely from the hints and evidence provided within the actual presentations. So far, Shadow still seems likely.
Agreed shadow does seem likely with the whole missing AT thing and he would be a easy echo to make.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
After watching this video, I decided to buy the next Olympic Game lol. I'm looking forward to the Tokyo Olympics.
I hope on the Tokyo games, all characters from the Rio games are playable and not tied to any events. It made unlocking characters in the Rio games pointless because they were only tied to one event. Also bring back Dream Events!

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Does anyone still think shadow may still have a chance to be in the base roster? I still think we could possibly get more echos aleasts (if shadow going to be a echo). But my only fear is the box theory being true that we are only getting ken and the new Pokémon rep :/
I still think he's quite likely. Between echo fighters being a thing and his assist trophy still being MIA, that adds up pretty nicely.
Maybe he won't even be in the base roster, but the dev team had the foresight not to make him an assist so he can be DLC later.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
There are 3 characters I consider more likely than any other

Ken
Skull Kid
Shadow

I feel like as a Skull kid fan, we're in the same boat to Shadow, what gives me hope is that the boat had a third passenger in Isabelle.

If you're doing third party echoes, Shadow just makes sense, despite being newer than the other Sonic characters, he's probably just as well known and definitely more popular. And he just works well. Maybe just give him a teleport over the spring.

Shadow from the Shadows

Banned via Warnings
Just thinking about Shadow, and i was thinking

Shadow as an echo of Sonic would not be Balanced. I feel they would give Shadow Chaos Spear, but giving Someone with Sonic's Speed a Projectile would be a Catastrophic. not to mention if they gave him a Witch time like Chaos Control Counter. Even the Chaos Warp for UP B might be too much. Shadow with TWO Spindashes and a Spring is Also Sin, Just saying

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
Just thinking about Shadow, and i was thinking

Shadow as an echo of Sonic would not be Balanced. I feel they would give Shadow Chaos Spear, but giving Someone with Sonic's Speed a Projectile would be a Catastrophic. not to mention if they gave him a Witch time like Chaos Control Counter. Even the Chaos Warp for UP B might be too much. Shadow with TWO Spindashes and a Spring is Also Sin, Just saying
All of that does sound like a nightmare to fight. But it honestly all boils down to if sakurai willing to give shadow all of his chaos powers as his specials. He could give shadow chaos warp and be done with it(which I hope isn’t the case). But I think shadow will be a little slower than sonic and for all we know shadow final smash could be chaos control. I can honestly see shadow being a slower but stronger version of sonic and he gets chaos warp and spear then chaos control for his final smash (prefer chaos blast though) I’m sure they will find some way to balance him I don’t want him to be op at the point that people hates him :/

Edit: shadow getting two spin dashes and a spring would make me salty. I can understand one spin dash but not 2 and a spring..

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
It is him, you can tell seeing as he joined on the 13th of this month!
If it is him, he just did a bad job hiding it. "TWO spindashes and a spring" was pretty much his catchphrase.

And it's not like his original account is banned. Is it just to make it look like a non-echo Shadow has more support then it actually does?

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Shadow will have two spindashes and a teleport.

Original Shadow will never happen. Do not be unrealistic.

Shadow from the Shadows

Banned via Warnings
Shadow will have two spindashes and a teleport.

Original Shadow will never happen. Do not be unrealistic.
I am being realistic

If it is him, he just did a bad job hiding it. "TWO spindashes and a spring" was pretty much his catchphrase.

And it's not like his original account is banned. Is it just to make it look like a non-echo Shadow has more support then it actually does?
nahh, This is my Prediction/Leak account. I just never left this account cause i don't feel like signing out and signing back in to the original account

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We already know about the alt account thing. It's not allowed. It's being taken care of.

Let's not talk about it and rerail to talking about Shadow.

kodoru__

Smash Cadet
I don't 100% belive any leaks or theories.... But I really hope banner leak is true. If that's true, I'll get all the characters I want except for Elma!

Last edited:

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Never forget, Archie Comics was the first leak to Shadow in Smash just like they did with Mega Man and Ryu way back in 2015.

Last edited:

Mikeline

Smash Rookie
Really hoping for this to be real. As is everyone else here I assume.
I do find it odd they would reveal 5 unique characters in 1 month though.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I don't think the leak is real, because it seems a little too good to be true.
But I'm still fairly confident Shadow's gonna make it!

SonicMario

Smash Master
I remain a bit skeptical of this. But I will say I am hoping it is real actually.

This list should also kind of confirm Shadow is an echo. 7 characters and Ken is still the only echo left? Phbbbbt. Ken and Shadow are the final echoes if this turns out true. All there is to it.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
I remain a bit skeptical of this. But I will say I am hoping it is real actually.

This list should also kind of confirm Shadow is an echo. 7 characters and Ken is still the only echo left? Phbbbbt. Ken and Shadow are the final echoes if this turns out true. All there is to it.
I’m still not too for sure about the leak even though there are some things going for it and some against it. Besides trying to keep my expectations low. But I hope it is real this final roster would please a lot of people not everyone but it would please people.

Arkaizer

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad Shadow's part of one of the biggest leaks to hit the speculation scene lately. If he wasn't, I'd probably be biting my nails off with how anxious it'd make me, heh...

That being said, while the leak has various points lending it credibility, I'll wait until I see Shadow pop up on screen during a Direct with my own two eyes before I explode with hype.

Our time is coming soon, fellas. It's been a pretty wild ride, but I'm excited Shadow may finally be getting his chance.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I kinda want Shadow to be revealed already, just so I have an excuse to draw dumb fanart and just show how trashy my tastes truly are.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
This new leak has been giving me ESRB leak-Deja Vu ever since I first laid eyes upon it.

Here's to hoping...

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
this leak has every character people have wanted. If this is real, then this is truly smash brothers ultimate. Seeing Shadow on that artwork puts the biggest smile on my face

Top Bottom