• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Life Form ~ Shadow the Hedgehog for Smash Ultimate! (Maria...)

I kind of already mentioned this in the Tails thread but thought I'd make it a common courtesy to mention it here too.

It is now October 10th, 11 years since Sonic was confirmed for Brawl!

We got nothing Sonic Smash related at all for this day as neither the music track nor the stage was Sonic related. Nor did some kind of special announcement come and probably isn't happening this week. But that's not to say we can't still celebrate what was a great day for Smash and Sonic fans alike.

So where were you when Sonic was confirmed for Brawl?
It was a school morning, I remember checking the dojo as soon as I could, saw Sonic, got pretty excited, holy crap Sonic's in?! I remember the classic fake melee rumor about Sonic and Tails so seeing Sonic officially in Smash was mind blowing.

Hype went maximum because the trailer played live and learn. Sonic Adventure 2: Battle was the first Sonic game I owned and I loved that game.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
I kind of already mentioned this in the Tails thread but thought I'd make it a common courtesy to mention it here too.

It is now October 10th, 11 years since Sonic was confirmed for Brawl!

We got nothing Sonic Smash related at all for this day as neither the music track nor the stage was Sonic related. Nor did some kind of special announcement come and probably isn't happening this week. But that's not to say we can't still celebrate what was a great day for Smash and Sonic fans alike.

So where were you when Sonic was confirmed for Brawl?
We probably going to get some news next week (I’m hoping) and to answer your question. Idk lol i didn’t know sonic was confirmed on Oct.10. I was into smash but I was never that serious about it at that time. I didn’t care which characters got in I just wanted to play the game. But when I picked up brawl and saw sonic I was excited and me and my cousin did the whole Mario vs sonic battles lol. Even though sonic is not my main it’s nice that’s he is in the game.

GlitchWarrior

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3540-4749-2681
Shame we didn't get any news for Shadow or Tails in smash today, but still, good day!

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Shame we didn't get any news for Shadow or Tails in smash today, but still, good day!
My feelings exactly, do you guys think this was our boy’s only shot? Should we give up hope for his inclusion? Today would have been the perfect day for it. Maybe the delay ended up delaying his announcement? I dunno, what do you guys think? Is he done for?

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
My feelings exactly, do you guys think this was our boy’s only shot? Should we give up hope for his inclusion? Today would have been the perfect day for it. Maybe the delay ended up delaying his announcement? I dunno, what do you guys think? Is he done for?
I still say keep expectations low. But give up hope? No. To be fair Brawl happen a long time ago and a lot of people probably forgot sonic was confirmed oct.10. So it would be understandable if sakurai forgot sonic was confirmed on that day or sakurai have bigger plans and will give us one final smash direct this month. For all we know we could get a character trailer drop on Thursday or maybe get a direct next week. I have a feeling we might get a direct in the month of October. So I say don’t give up hope yet I still think shadow still have a chance to be in the game. If he does not make it to base him and tails could be a dlc character pack.

kodoru__

Smash Cadet
We still have about two months left before the game release. I'll wait for more.^^

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Don't forget that Sonic's Smash 4 announcement came on October 1st. October as a whole seems to be the month for Sonic Smash news, don't lose faith folks.
We'll use Chaos Control to prolong the month if necessary.

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Don't forget that Sonic's Smash 4 announcement came on October 1st. October as a whole seems to be the month for Sonic Smash news, don't lose faith folks.
We'll use Chaos Control to prolong the month if necessary.
Shadow is an easy echo, I can't see him not being in the game. Sakurai just likes to make us sweat :)

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Sakurai is definitely aware of Shadow...he played Shadow the Hedgehog in preparation for including Sonic in Brawl. It's looking more and more likely to me that he'll be DLC though, given that Shadow still wasn't that prominent when Smash Ultimate was being planned and only became relevant again pretty recently. Though maybe Shadow is more prominent because Sega knew he was going to be in...idk. But I'm betting on DLC given Shadow's popularity/how many people are now expecting him in. There's no way Sakurai is unaware of the huge groundswell of support for Shadow after Echoes became a thing. And the assist trophy missing is a big deal, but isn't 100% confirmation...

That being said, I don't think we should become complacent. We should organize a campaign to Twitter bomb support for Shadow or something. Make some nice images in Japanese and English and tweet them to Sakurai and Nintendo smash handles.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Sakurai is definitely aware of Shadow...he played Shadow the Hedgehog in preparation for including Sonic in Brawl. It's looking more and more likely to me that he'll be DLC though, given that Shadow still wasn't that prominent when Smash Ultimate was being planned and only became relevant again pretty recently. Though maybe Shadow is more prominent because Sega knew he was going to be in...idk. But I'm betting on DLC given Shadow's popularity/how many people are now expecting him in. There's no way Sakurai is unaware of the huge groundswell of support for Shadow after Echoes became a thing. And the assist trophy missing is a big deal, but isn't 100% confirmation...

That being said, I don't think we should become complacent. We should organize a campaign to Twitter bomb support for Shadow or something. Make some nice images in Japanese and English and tweet them to Sakurai and Nintendo smash handles.
If neither Tails or Shadow make it in base game, I do plan on incorporating support for both for a possible DLC campaign I may start on twitter. I would be lying if I said I wouldn't I'd be leaning more towards Tails support, but there's no reason we shouldn't work together in this scenario. A package deal is worth campaigning for.

Tails brings in some of the more neutral to Sonic who recognize the classic cast + dedicated longtime Sonic fans into the building support, Shadow brings younger and louder support to give both a voice. That should be a solid basis for a campaign if it works out.

Only thing I'd be scared of is there being tons of people too stubborn to work with the other character support that think "There can only be one!". Tails fans being unable to accept Shadow because of classic sonic only bias, and Shadow fans looking down on Tails who's not as "badass" as their favorite. (And I guess also for some the campaign specifically choosing an echo, because in this proposed campaign I have in mind. Tails would be pushed as a semi-clone, and Shadow as an echo. I would kind of understand if some felt that's an implied inferior look at Shadow. It's just that pushing for two Sonic semi-clones is asking for alot)

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
If neither Tails or Shadow make it in base game, I do plan on incorporating support for both for a possible DLC campaign I may start on twitter. I would be lying if I said I wouldn't I'd be leaning more towards Tails support, but there's no reason we shouldn't work together in this scenario. A package deal is worth campaigning for.

Tails brings in some of the more neutral to Sonic who recognize the classic cast + dedicated longtime Sonic fans into the building support, Shadow brings younger and louder support to give both a voice. That should be a solid basis for a campaign if it works out.

Only thing I'd be scared of is there being tons of people too stubborn to work with the other character support that think "There can only be one!". Tails fans being unable to accept Shadow because of classic sonic only bias, and Shadow fans looking down on Tails who's not as "badass" as their favorite. (And I guess also for some the campaign specifically choosing an echo, because in this proposed campaign I have in mind. Tails would be pushed as a semi-clone, and Shadow as an echo. I would kind of understand if some felt that's an implied inferior look at Shadow. It's just that pushing for two Sonic semi-clones is asking for alot)
I'd be game for sure. Coordinating Tails/Shadow efforts would be optimal. A big part of the campaign would deal with making images/artwork though and people can choose to use those however they wish. But for our efforts here, I think agreeing to promote BOTH would be the best, so we don't have a situation like King K Rool and Dixie Kong.

We can get some preliminary planning going on here because they'll either make base game OR we'll need to be ready in the event they do not. In the event one makes it in, I'd happily join a campaign for the other. Shadow is my main priority and Tails is secondary but I'd readily campaign for Tails regardless :)

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'd be game for sure. Coordinating Tails/Shadow efforts would be optimal. A big part of the campaign would deal with making images/artwork though and people can choose to use those however they wish. But for our efforts here, I think agreeing to promote BOTH would be the best, so we don't have a situation like King K Rool and Dixie Kong.

We can get some preliminary planning going on here because they'll either make base game OR we'll need to be ready in the event they do not. In the event one makes it in, I'd happily join a campaign for the other. Shadow is my main priority and Tails is secondary but I'd readily campaign for Tails regardless :)
I do plan on getting it started not long after we know the final base roster (Barring the miracle that both Tails and Shadow are in base anyway). DLC for the most part is done after the game is finished, so best to start as soon as we know for sure the fates of every character. Waiting for DLC to actually begin would probably be a mistake (Albeit we could get out first DLC Character potentially in whenever the next direct so DLC speculation may start right away anyway)

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Getting things started early. I've made a twitter account https://twitter.com/ShadowForSmash and this image to kick things off.

Please follow, retweet, and feel free to send me anything you'd like me to tweet out in support.

Biggest thing right now is to follow the King K Rool support playbook and garner huge visibility. If Shadow misses base roster, NOW is the time to start preparing for a massive campaign, NOT when we learn he's not in - by then it's too late as everyone else will start clamoring for their character and we get lost in the noise.

Edit: Broken image yay, just go to the twitter it's the first (and only tweet) so far that's there.

Last edited:

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
Don’t have a Twitter but will make one to support shadie
Getting things started early. I've made a twitter account https://twitter.com/ShadowForSmash and this image to kick things off.

Please follow, retweet, and feel free to send me anything you'd like me to tweet out in support.

Biggest thing right now is to follow the King K Rool support playbook and garner huge visibility. If Shadow misses base roster, NOW is the time to start preparing for a massive campaign, NOT when we learn he's not in - by then it's too late as everyone else will start clamoring for their character and we get lost in the noise.

Edit: Broken image yay, just go to the twitter it's the first (and only tweet) so far that's there.
Don’t have a Twitter tbh but will make one to support shadow! :) so please everyone support shadow if he don’t make it to base! Sakurai needs to know we want Shadow!

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Don’t have a Twitter but will make one to support shadie

Don’t have a Twitter tbh but will make one to support shadow! :) so please everyone support shadow if he don’t make it to base! Sakurai needs to know we want Shadow!
Hooray thanks! :) Yeah whenever you can/feel inspired, just be sure to tweet the hashtag #ShadowForSmash and follow/retweet the main account!

Tempest

Smash Cadet

Nice, I remember when my friends and I made twitter accounts and tweeted Sakurai #Shadowforsmash at the time of the ballot. We tweeted out this image at the time:

We were hoping that it would start a notion and it somewhat did at the time, Shadow did gain some votes for the ballot at least because of the notion we started, so heres hoping that another twitter campaign will gain Sakurai's attention.

I'll try get them to tweet this image out too.

Also I just realised that November 15th was the release date for Shadow The Hedgehog in NA, and November 18th was the release date for Shadow the Hedghog in Europe. This might be wishful thinking but it would be amazing if there was a Smash Bros direct on either of those days revealing our favourite Black Hedgehog. Considering fans have been speculating a final direct between now and the release of Smash Bros Ultimate, it would make sense...but then again I am being pretty optimistic.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Nice, I remember when my friends and I made twitter accounts and tweeted Sakurai #Shadowforsmash at the time of the ballot. We tweeted out this image at the time:

We were hoping that it would start a notion and it somewhat did at the time, Shadow did gain some votes for the ballot at least because of the notion we started, so heres hoping that another twitter campaign will gain Sakurai's attention.

I'll try get them to tweet this image out too.

Also I just realised that November 15th was the release date for Shadow The Hedgehog in NA, and November 18th was the release date for Shadow the Hedghog in Europe. This might be wishful thinking but it would be amazing if there was a Smash Bros direct on either of those days revealing our favourite Black Hedgehog. Considering fans have been speculating a final direct between now and the release of Smash Bros Ultimate, it would make sense...but then again I am being pretty optimistic.
I remember that image from the ballot days too!! Haha let's reuse it for this time around. I'll edit it to update it for this smash cycle and tweet it out.

Also, yeah that would be pretty neat but I doubt we're going to get a direct that late, unless we get one before then and then they reveal shadow in a standalone trailer or something.

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Please post constructive content only. Please do not post multiple times in a row. Edit your messages instead.
sorry for liking shadow.

Last edited:

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
..............................................................................................................
I’m assuming you are upset about us having a negative opinion on sonic forces. If you like the game that is fine because no one here is going to tell you to kill yourself and by the post of comments you send of this thread tbh I can’t take you seriously. If you are up for a discussion about sonic forces then simply post one comment.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
and the wrost part about it all is the fact that all my post are going to be detled and i might get banned,

i guess thats what happens when your opinion goes to far.
Or....you can vent your frustrations in a single post and not clog the thread with multiple posts in succession.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Why is it that everytime i come to this site, people talk **** about **** i like, it like they don't even care about the peopel who worked hard on the game itself. thr wrost part is that this makes me want to mc****ing killmyself.
But hey i mighty just be wrong for lkeing sonic, or and anything that's sonic related.\\
Ithink forces is a good game but if say that people will call me damage control
like i don't mind if people don't like the game, but the fact that people basically tell me to kill myself over like a ****ing video game is ********.
hey it's not like i matter in the long run, the mods will see all my post, remove them then they'll ask me what's wrong and try to explain and nothing will get done.
I alll did was wanted to see what was happening, maybe the people who don't like forces should just shut the ****.
are better yet they can stop bullying other fans because they like what they condisred to be bad games
and don't even get me started on the mania fans aka classic fanbrats
who pretend to act nice but are extremely toxic
Doesn't help that i already hear people trashing talking games they haven't even played yet
like that quote from super paper mario "i like going on message boards to complain about game i never played"
anytime i mean a sonic fan on like they'll ehiter hate one of the fallowing-
2.Heroes
3.Forces
4.All of the aborve
any time i try to speak out, i get told to shut the **** up.
me:I think forces has some flaws but for what it is its a pretty fun game.
other fan:lol damage control, kill your self ******.

Yes it has gonna that bad
Sonic use to be my escape for my real life problem now all it causes me is too have more problems in real life.
and all beacsue i have different opinions on a ****ing blue hedgehog
and the wrost part about it all is the fact that all my post are going to be detled and i might get banned,

i guess thats what happens when your opinion goes to far.
But hey what else is new?
..............................................................................................................
Jesus Christ! This goes well beyond "double posting"... I'm calling Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy to take a gander at this ****.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Let’s calm down thread mates. We’re just validating a stereotype with posts like these. We gotta keep it together. Shadow’s got that chance. Let’s focus on that.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If somebody is posting multiple times, please just report it. Don't try to make them a target of other people. Let the moderation handle it. It's our business to deal with rule breaking, not yours.

Tempest

Smash Cadet
Why is it that everytime i come to this site, people talk **** about **** i like, it like they don't even care about the peopel who worked hard on the game itself. thr wrost part is that this makes me want to mc****ing killmyself.

But hey i mighty just be wrong for lkeing sonic, or and anything that's sonic related.\\

Ithink forces is a good game but if say that people will call me damage control

like i don't mind if people don't like the game, but the fact that people basically tell me to kill myself over like a ****ing video game is ********.

hey it's not like i matter in the long run, the mods will see all my post, remove them then they'll ask me what's wrong and try to explain and nothing will get done.

I alll did was wanted to see what was happening, maybe the people who don't like forces should just shut the ****.

are better yet they can stop bullying other fans because they like what they condisred to be bad games

and don't even get me started on the mania fans aka classic fanbrats

who pretend to act nice but are extremely toxic

Doesn't help that i already hear people trashing talking games they haven't even played yet

like that quote from super paper mario "i like going on message boards to complain about game i never played"

anytime i mean a sonic fan on like they'll ehiter hate one of the fallowing-
2.Heroes
3.Forces
4.All of the aborve

any time i try to speak out, i get told to shut the **** up.

me:I think forces has some flaws but for what it is its a pretty fun game.
other fan:lol damage control, kill your self ******.

Yes it has gonna that bad
Not all fans are like that, I personally enjoyed all of those games and I'm the type of fan who is just happy to have a new sonic game released regardless what it may be. Sonic forces actually does have a very good chance to be represented in smash bros, at the very least it's speculated that there will be sound track from forces making it's way into Smash Bros Ultimate.

One thing you have to understand about the Sonic fan base, is everyone grew up in different era's. Some people like 2-D games only, some like only the Adventure games, some like modern Sonic and some like a combination of everything. That's why you see a lot of people who have a different opinion on Sonic, and it's characters, and controversy on which game is considered the "best".

Considering Shadow's role in forces, it's possible that they could put in a Sonic Forces level with infinite in the background (as a stage hazard, manipulating and bending the reality of the stage). It would be cool if they did that, however some people also are speculating Radical Highway could be a new stage which would always be welcome too.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Considering Shadow's role in forces, it's possible that they could put in a Sonic Forces level with infinite in the background (as a stage hazard, manipulating and bending the reality of the stage). It would be cool if they did that, however some people also are speculating Radical Highway could be a new stage which would always be welcome too.
I personally don't think Sonic's getting a 3rd stage. At least not in the base game anyway. I think we would of already seen it if there was a Forces stage. And while an SA2 stage would be cool, I just don't see any reason why they would. All our brand new stages are from more recent games. (Except for Dracula's Castle, but this is Castlevania's debut in Smash. Gotta have the most iconic stage first)

Shadow if he gets in is going to have to deal with contrasting with the 2 Sonic stages from games he was never in. Hell, his stage background on the website will either be Green Hill from a different angle or Windy Hill with a red or grey filter over it

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Never forget, Shadow's debut game was also the first time many Nintendo-only console gamers got to own a Sonic game. SA2B is the eighth bestselling GameCube game of all-time (if Wikipedia is to be believed). I vaguely remember the console wars (I was born in the early 90s, so I missed its peak), but damn seeing Sonic on the cover of Nintendo Power was something. Here are the commercials Sega released for SA2B.

Last edited:

GlitchWarrior

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3540-4749-2681
...Why do threads like this get sidetracked so easily? I come to see people supporting Shadow, and what do I get? A conga line of one person's comments talking about people ****ting on Forces. No, just... no. I officially say it; WE NEED TO GET BACK ON TRACK.

Last edited by a moderator:

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
Never forget, Shadow's debut game was also the first time many Nintendo-only console gamers got to own a Sonic game. SA2B is the eighth bestselling GameCube game of all-time (if Wikipedia is to be believed). I vaguely remember the console wars (I was born in the early 90s, so I missed its peak), but damn seeing Sonic on the cover of Nintendo Power was something. Here are the commercials Sega released for SA2B.

Never saw these commercials before but this was so cute and funny lol But yea the sonic adventures games were my first sonic game on GameCube. I played SA2 a lot with family and friends though best sonic local multiplayer.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Still rooting for the Edgehog. He's my favorite of the hedgehogs though I generally just don't know Silver. Rouge, Knuckles, and Tails are the other ones I care for. Oh... Jet was pretty cool to. I liked him even if his voice was a bit annoying.
nintendo tug of war.png

Of course I gave Shadow the guy with the ink. :p

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord

This is another thing I consider a big point in Shadow's favour: he has the legacy of being a major part of the first ever Sonic game on a Nintendo console. A lot of people have fond memories of Adventure 2 Battle because of how popular it was back in the day (and still is). I can't see Sakurai not remembering and capitalizing on the opportunity to bring the Sonic & Shadow rivalry under his own banner.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
I do have a question for everyone on this thread but is there a reason why people have such negative opinions on SA2? I have not been part of the sonic fan base in years and I remember when I was part of the fan base SA2 was still the most loved 3D sonic game. Now it surprises me when people say it was a bad game. Since people say SA2 was bad now they say Shadow was a bad character (in which I disagree with) I’m not saying SA2 is a masterpiece it has its flaws but is there a reason why people suddenly call the game bad?

The only issues that I think the sonic adventure style games brings is that every character playstyle will not appeal to some people and some may call the adventure games bad because of that. For example I know some people said they did not enjoy the treasure hunting or tails/eggman sections of SA2. So this would mean a person would only enjoy the sonic/shadow stages so they would only love a part of the game.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I do have a question for everyone on this thread but is there a reason why people have such negative opinions on SA2? I have not been part of the sonic fan base in years and I remember when I was part of the fan base SA2 was still the most loved 3D sonic game. Now it surprises me when people say it was a bad game. Since people say SA2 was bad now they say Shadow was a bad character (in which I disagree with) I’m not saying SA2 is a masterpiece it has its flaws but is there a reason why people suddenly call the game bad?

The only issues that I think the sonic adventure style games brings is that every character playstyle will not appeal to some people and some may call the adventure games bad because of that. For example I know some people said they did not enjoy the treasure hunting or tails/eggman sections of SA2. So this would mean a person would only enjoy the sonic/shadow stages so they would only love a part of the game.
I think it kind of started after Colors and Generations where we could finally say there was other 3D Sonic games could be considered the best 3D Sonic since while there was good things from Heroes all the way to Unleashed. But still nothing that could quite compare to either of the Adventure titles in ambition and at least at the time decent way of 3D Sonic gameplay.

And of course Youtube reviewers influencing some viewers to parrot their views. Their was SomeCallMeJohnny's review of SA2 years ago, ProJared, Game Grumps (While they haven't done SA2 itself unless that's changed recently, Arin whether it was just him being a character called the Adventure games "Just like this!" when playing Sonic 06 with Jon Tron), etc.

And of course gaming expectations have changed alot. If a game exactly like SA1 or 2 were released today that was all new, it wouldn't cut it in today's market. Such is the "Hasn't aged well" complaint. When SA1 and 2 were new, 3D platforming/games with full voice acting and large stages itself was new. It was new territory to explore so it's flaws never were focused on since it was a new age of gaming. (This is also why remaking the games like the Crash N. Sane Trilogy isn't as simple as it sounds, there's so much you have to consider when remaking either of the Sonic Adventure games)

The Adventure games are still my Top 2 Sonic games despite all this. But I understand why it'd be detrimental right now to get a new Adventure title anytime soon. If the style must come back, Sega just has to not make the mistake of naming it Sonic Adventure 3 or else you run into some of the same problems Sonic 4 had regarding expectations to the game.

So I'm just hoping at the very least both Adventure games just get ports to the Switch. Seriously, Chao gardens would be even better now if you have the capability of multi-tasking and/or taking on the go rather then having it hog the TV

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
I think it kind of started after Colors and Generations where we could finally say there was other 3D Sonic games could be considered the best 3D Sonic since while there was good things from Heroes all the way to Unleashed. But still nothing that could quite compare to either of the Adventure titles in ambition and at least at the time decent way of 3D Sonic gameplay.

And of course Youtube reviewers influencing some viewers to parrot their views. Their was SomeCallMeJohnny's review of SA2 years ago, ProJared, Game Grumps (While they haven't done SA2 itself unless that's changed recently, Arin whether it was just him being a character called the Adventure games "Just like this!" when playing Sonic 06 with Jon Tron), etc.

And of course gaming expectations have changed alot. If a game exactly like SA1 or 2 were released today that was all new, it wouldn't cut it in today's market. Such is the "Hasn't aged well" complaint. When SA1 and 2 were new, 3D platforming/games with full voice acting and large stages itself was new. It was new territory to explore so it's flaws never were focused on since it was a new age of gaming. (This is also why remaking the games like the Crash N. Sane Trilogy isn't as simple as it sounds, there's so much you have to consider when remaking either of the Sonic Adventure games)

The Adventure games are still my Top 2 Sonic games despite all this. But I understand why it'd be detrimental right now to get a new Adventure title anytime soon. If the style must come back, Sega just has to not make the mistake of naming it Sonic Adventure 3 or else you run into some of the same problems Sonic 4 had regarding expectations to the game.

So I'm just hoping at the very least both Adventure games just get ports to the Switch. Seriously, Chao gardens would be even better now if you have the capability of multi-tasking and/or taking on the go rather then having it hog the TV
Yeah I guess that’s understandable even though I don’t think the adventure games are not as bad as people claim it to be. I would love for Sega to try to go back to the adventure style again but ever since failure of sonic 06. Probably the reason we been having the boost formula for so long. Even if sega try to go back to that style a lot of fans will have high expectations since the adventures game were good at their time.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Ever since Shadow's game and 06, Sega's been afraid to take the series in a more serious direction.

They don't understand that it's not a darker storyline we hate.

It's a ****ed up darker storyline written horribly AND ****ty gameplay that we hate.

Sonic 06 would have been good sans hedgehog-on-human-action and a lot more time in the oven. We'd probably think it was the best Sonic game ever made if the devs gave a **** and didn't rush it.

Forces was the first big attempt in a very long time to make a Sonic story a bit darker, and though the gameplay wasn't the greatest, it still sold pretty well. And though the slightly darker atmosphere should have been handled better, I'm sure it was seen as a breath of fresh air by a lot of people. I was so sick and tired of Sonic games being written with asinine dialogue, only focusing on Sonic as a playable character and way too much even story-wise.

Don't get me going on how much I hate Lost World's writing and story. The game itself played decently but holy hell was the writing, characterization...EVERYTHING pertaining to the plot just straight up garbage.

Shadow being playable for the first time in ages was received very well as far as I could tell. Sega did so much to play up and give fan service to Shadow fans - I NEVER thought they would do anything to reference Shadow's game again, but here we are with hip new remixes of the Shadow menu theme and Westopolis!!! Like holy **** I don't think some people realize how HUGE that is. I'd love a Shadow sequel but it won't happen.

Shadow was also written and portrayed pretty well in Forces. He's badass and stomped Infinite in epic fashion without being over the top, emo edgelord like he was in his game. He actually had a reason to be there. It's like Sega paid attention to what fans wanted for pretty much everything in forces, down to the OCs...EXCEPT core gameplay.

With all that being said, if Shadow's not in base, I strongly believe he'll be one of the marquee DLCs, given how popular he is, the raw fan demand for him as an echo, his Nintendo and Sonic history, and Sakurai's familiarity with the character. SAKURAI PLAYED SHADOW TO GET INSPIRATION FOR SONIC'S MOVESET IN BRAWL. He is VERY well aware of Shadow - he put him in as an assist for two games straight and now Shadow is nowhere to be seen for a VERY long time. There's NO way that's not intentional on Sakurai's part. Unless Sakurai just wants to do what he does best by disappointing me, he's kept Shadow hidden for a long time and will reveal him as base or DLC pretty soon.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...pw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit#gid=729442469

Some interesting, and well boding data for Shadow's chances as an echo. Unless this is some other Shadow, which I doubt, he seemingly ranked higher than Chrom and Dark Samus in this piece of data across all major regions. He also ranked nearly as well as Knuckles in the overall results, and beat him the japanese based poll. We know that Knuckles is in the game via assist trophy as he didn't rank high enough to justify a unique moveset, which he'd clearly would need to have if represented well. Shadow doesn't have that issue. These were all taken during the heart of the ballot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom