• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Life Form ~ Shadow the Hedgehog for Smash Ultimate! (Maria...)

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
One thing I feel people haven't brought up in regards to Shadow's chances is that Chrom and Dark Samus were considered highly requested. Now I'm not saying they weren't, as I don't have the data which the Smash team would've used, but I do recall Shadow's demand being more vocal than Chrom and Dark Samus. And like Shadow, both were burdened with already having a role in the last Smash. Remember, we all thought the ballot was for DLC. Either way, it's not a stretch to say Shadow polled better than the aforementioned Dark Samus and Chrom.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Bad news you guys, Box theory just got a lot more credible. I think we’re done, and he lost. We have a hell of a go!! I just can’t explain this blatant thing away.
246799E8-1E31-49EE-9126-B198658F83B4.png

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Bad news you guys, Box theory just got a lot more credible. I think we’re done, and he lost. We have a hell of a go!! I just can’t explain this blatant thing away.
That means absolutely nothing. For one, there's a space before Ryu. The box theory implied Corrin was pushed for an echo. There is no arbitrary misplacement on the card, it's just showing the characters in a neat a complete fashion.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
That means absolutely nothing. For one, there's a space before Ryu. The box theory implied Corrin was pushed for an echo. There is no arbitrary misplacement on the card, it's just showing the characters in a neat a complete fashion.
I want to believe you man, but the empty slot placement on the card is just so damn supportive of these last two characters. Of course there’s an empty slot next to Ryu. It’s like they’re TRYING to leak this game or something.

Last edited:

kodoru__

Smash Cadet
Don't worry too much about it.
I personally don't believe in box theory or card theory. But even if Shadow does not exist in the basic game, he has the chance to become a DLC fighter! Indeed, there are enough opportunities before every fighter is announced. Don't be so hopeless! ^^

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Nvm man I saw it in another thread. Honestly not a "BOX THEORY 100% CONFIRMED" concern.
I mean it’s pretty damning. Those empty slot placements are just too convenient to be ignored. They line up perfectly with the box theory and Verg.

Last edited:

ItsZant

Smash Cadet
I mean it’s pretty damning. Those empty slot placements are just too convenient to be ignored. They line up perfectly with the box theory and Verg.
Except they don't, because if you looked at the card for more than 5 seconds you'd be able to see that the characters are just in the same order they are on the website, and there's no pattern. The last row is centered to be more aesthetically pleasing. If that wasn't enough, the text on the card has been translated to say placeholder.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
A) The cards are being released now; of course they aren't going to have any unrevealed characters. And if they're being released now, there's no point in updating them, so empty spots mean nothing
B) It does not line up with Verg. I feel like people intentionally forget about the Square-Enix rep in order to make the box theory work. Yes, I'm aware Verg said the Square-Enix rep could possibly be DLC after learning about the box theory, but I"m extremely skeptical they have DLC planned out several months in advance (to the extent that a leaker knows about it).

I totally get trying to be realistic and reigning in expectations, but you're absolutely kidding yourself if you think there is only one unique and one echo left to be revealed in the final 2 months.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I hope so because there have to be a reason why knuckles replaced him as an AT. Shadow can’t be a boss in the story mode he is too small and eggman can be a better boss. Shadow being cut from the game kinda don’t make sense because why would sakurai and his team waste time creating knuckles as an AT. Shadow being AT again kinda would be a slap in the face because they could of had shown him off as an AT right along with knuckles and I’m pretty sure shadow as an AT does not take that much development time since all shadow did was chaos control to slow time down.
Size does not determine a boss in single player. If it did, Metal Mario wouldn't be one. What makes a boss a boss is that they were chosen to be an NPC because that's simply how the development went overall. In other words, many possible reasons of why they would fit better. Size isn't one of those cases. Shadow would legit work as an amazing boss if they went that route.

I'd prefer him playable, of course. But that's besides the point.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Except they don't, because if you looked at the card for more than 5 seconds you'd be able to see that the characters are just in the same order they are on the website, and there's no pattern. The last row is centered to be more aesthetically pleasing. If that wasn't enough, the text on the card has been translated to say placeholder.
No need to be snippy, I’m just attempting to be realistic/cover every little thing that stands in Shadow’s way. I don’t necessarily agree with card or box theory, it’s just weird and unsettling that they support each other. I dunno. You could be right.

Last edited:

Arkaizer

Smash Apprentice
I have to admit, I'm starting to hold my breath a little every time the music updates, even if music theory isn't quite as credible anymore. Dodged another bullet this week though, it's just a song from Tomodachi Life, I think.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
I have to admit, I'm starting to hold my breath a little every time the music updates, even if music theory isn't quite as credible anymore. Dodged another bullet this week though, it's just a song from Tomodachi Life, I think.
Well even if music theory does hold weight, if Shadow’s an echo it won’t apply to him.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
It Might be Shadow's Time to be revealed this October...next week

But Why Shadow and not Incineroar, Ken, Elma, Geno, Steve, Skull Kid, Isaac, Etc?

- Next Week is around the time that Sonic got revealed in Brawl 11 years ago (by that time). If the Reveal date is confirmed to be the 10th of October, which is the exact Date Sonic was revealed in Brawl, This only adds to the credibility

- Sakurai mentioned "Slowing Down Reveals", he also mentioned how the game is "Chaos" in that Isabelle Article

-October is just the general month we get Sonic Related Content in Smash, besides Brawl, Sonic was also revealed in Smash 4 in the October 1st direct, with his own (Non-CGI) Trailer

-That Sonic Blog post with the Death's Scythe. Keep in mind that Sonic had not made an appearance in the blog since Late July. Sonic with a Weapon...Shadow the Hedgehog reference?

- Just my guess, but i don't believe Isabelle is the only unique fighter that's based of another fighter

- Shadow will be unique

That is all

Last edited:

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
yeah I’m sorry for some reason my phone won’t let me post it. Keeps blaming a server error
Size does not determine a boss in single player. If it did, Metal Mario wouldn't be one. What makes a boss a boss is that they were chosen to be an NPC because that's simply how the development went overall. In other words, many possible reasons of why they would fit better. Size isn't one of those cases. Shadow would legit work as an amazing boss if they went that route.

I'd prefer him playable, of course. But that's besides the point.
ah forgot metal matio was a boss. I was thinking about brawl and the supspace story mode. Most of the bosses from what I can remember were big and I thought ultimate might carry on that same concept. Shadow could be an amazing boss but it still questions why because eggman would be more suited. He is usually fighting in huge mechs plus he is a iconic video game villain.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
ah forgot metal matio was a boss. I was thinking about brawl and the supspace story mode. Most of the bosses from what I can remember were big and I thought ultimate might carry on that same concept. Shadow could be an amazing boss but it still questions why because eggman would be more suited. He is usually fighting in huge mechs plus he is a iconic video game villain.
Shadow shows up literally as a boss in the Boom series(it's even his role in the show too).

Eggman just is put into the role more. That's all. But yeah, I can imagine Eggman having battles that work better for bosses, especially if they're keeping the Brawl style with HP.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
So dudes, I’m sure that you’ve heard the recent murmurings that a new character may be getting revealed soon. Due to the “new” tag being removed from the character list on the website and the Smash bros YouTube playlist updating with some private vids.

As we’ve talked about many a time before in this thread, Sonic was revealed in October for both of the previous iterations of Smash. IS IT HIS TIIME!?!? Possibly, time will tell.

Last edited:

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
It Might be Shadow's Time to be revealed this October...next week

But Why Shadow and not Incineroar, Ken, Elma, Geno, Steve, Skull Kid, Isaac, Etc?

- Next Week is around the time that Sonic got revealed in Brawl 11 years ago (by that time). If the Reveal date is confirmed to be the 10th of October, which is the exact Date Sonic was revealed in Brawl, This only adds to the credibility

- Sakurai mentioned "Slowing Down Reveals", he also mentioned how the game is "Chaos" in that Isabelle Article

-October is just the general month we get Sonic Related Content in Smash, besides Brawl, Sonic was also revealed in Smash 4 in the October 1st direct, with his own (Non-CGI) Trailer
So dudes, I’m sure that you’ve heard the recent murmurings that a new character may be getting revealed soon. Due to the “new” tag being removed from the character list on the website and the Smash bros YouTube playlist updating with some private vids.

As we’ve talked about many a time before in this thread, Sonic was revealed in October for both of the previous iterations of Smash. IS IT HIS TIIME!?!? Possibly, time will tell.

I hope it is time that we get shadow the wait to see if he is confirmed or not is killing me lol

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
I have this sinking feeling though. We might just get a character trailer maybe next week but it probably a trailer of ken and incineroar then we might get a early November smash direct that shows off the final characters and shadow could be in the smash direct? Idk yall...I hope I’m wrong and shadow is reveal maybe Oct.10

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Slow thread today, we should be MUCH EXCITE, for the potential reveal. Considering the time of year and what we’ve been speculating.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Slow thread today, we should be MUCH EXCITE, for the potential reveal. Considering the time of year and what we’ve been speculating.
We just need more info that is all. We just need that Confirmation date...if it's Confirmed to be on 10/10, same day as Sonic's Reveal date in Brawl, it is over...Time for Unique Shadow...time for the Shadow echo Bandwagon to die you know...I've been wanting the title of this Smash support thread to change because it basically doesn't look at the possibility of Shadow being his own character, but only as an echo, when Shadow being his own character is looking very likely right now...."Echoes of the Past" what do you mean? I'm guess they picked that cause Shadow had that whole arc about discovering himself and dealing with his past or something, but still... Title Change needed honestly...i was wondering why it wasn't changed while the Dixie thread got their title changed when Isabelle got confirmed as a Semi-Clone. No matter though, it don't matter. Unique Shadow Coming, Shadow Echo Train about to get BTFO, Shadow fans will revel in glory of the Ultimate Life Form getting a Ultimate Moveset instead of a TWO Spindashes Copy moveset of Sonic...Gamefaqs about to see, Smashboards about to see, Reddit about to see...I would post on Reddit but my topics keep getting modded...i guess they trying to silence me, they trying to silence the Real Possibility of Shadow as an unique... But the people will see...Bilibo10k will see, Papagenos will see, LaxChris will see, NinRose will see, WiiuGamer will see, Etika will see, Alpharad will see, IntroSpecktive will see, Mighty Keef will see, Rogersbase will see, All the Proplayers will see, all the youtubers that i haven't mentioned will see, all the Smashers, all the lads, all the Damn non-sayers that said that Shadow is an Echo or nothing Character will see when Shadow gets in as an unique and makes them eat their Words...People calling me the new Memoryman....nah, no i am not....unlike him i will win a true Victory, the Shadow fans will win a True Victory, not a Pyrrhic Victory where our Character is shafted in the Echo Chamber... Shadow won't be a Daisy, Shadow will be Shadow, and Shadow will be unique. No Sonic Echo, Only Sonic will be Sonic...Stay tuned...Shadowside, Shadow No Echo, Unique Shadow, Chaos Powers, no TWO Spindashes, that's all

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
I know right we should be excited. Shadow might have a chance of being reveal however I’m just going to keep my expectations low and hype levels low just in case.
Edit: yea I agree with 7nator we need a confirmed date if a smash direct will happen oct.10 or maybe a character trailer on that date

Last edited:

Arkaizer

Smash Apprentice
Funny story, I actually made a prediction with some friends a couple weeks back that we'd get a Smash direct around the second week of October, before Sakurai's statement of slowing down the reveals. After hearing that, I had figured we wouldn't get anything at all this month. Still, I'm glad to eat my words in that regard. While it's not a hard confirmation we're getting anything, I think the general consensus is that something is happening... soon. And if the date they decide to reveal something actually ends up being specifically October 10th, then that should definitely start raising some eyebrows, because I really don't think that would just be a coincidence.

SonicMario

Smash Master
We just need more info that is all. We just need that Confirmation date...if it's Confirmed to be on 10/10, same day as Sonic's Reveal date in Brawl, it is over...Time for Unique Shadow...time for the Shadow echo Bandwagon to die you know...I've been wanting the title of this Smash support thread to change because it basically doesn't look at the possibility of Shadow being his own character, but only as an echo, when Shadow being his own character is looking very likely right now...."Echoes of the Past" what do you mean? I'm guess they picked that cause Shadow had that whole arc about discovering himself and dealing with his past or something, but still... Title Change needed honestly...i was wondering why it wasn't changed while the Dixie thread got their title changed when Isabelle got confirmed as a Semi-Clone. No matter though, it don't matter. Unique Shadow Coming, Shadow Echo Train about to get BTFO, Shadow fans will revel in glory of the Ultimate Life Form getting a Ultimate Moveset instead of a TWO Spindashes Copy moveset of Sonic...Gamefaqs about to see, Smashboards about to see, Reddit about to see...I would post on Reddit but my topics keep getting modded...i guess they trying to silence me, they trying to silence the Real Possibility of Shadow as an unique... But the people will see...Bilibo10k will see, Papagenos will see, LaxChris will see, NinRose will see, WiiuGamer will see, Etika will see, Alpharad will see, IntroSpecktive will see, Mighty Keef will see, Rogersbase will see, All the Proplayers will see, all the youtubers that i haven't mentioned will see, all the Smashers, all the lads, all the Damn non-sayers that said that Shadow is an Echo or nothing Character will see when Shadow gets in as an unique and makes them eat their Words...People calling me the new Memoryman....nah, no i am not....unlike him i will win a true Victory, the Shadow fans will win a True Victory, not a Pyrrhic Victory where our Character is shafted in the Echo Chamber... Shadow won't be a Daisy, Shadow will be Shadow, and Shadow will be unique. No Sonic Echo, Only Sonic will be Sonic...Stay tuned...Shadowside, Shadow No Echo, Unique Shadow, Chaos Powers, no TWO Spindashes, that's all
Even if there is a direct on October 10th AND there so happens to be a Sonic character reveal. There's still the chance that like the Castlevania trailer. There's two characters, one unique/semi-clone and one echo. Which could easily lead it into a Tails & Shadow getting in together. Tails most certainly being the semi-clone since like the differences between Villager and Isabelle they have similar moves but they have different enough proportions to justify Isabelle receiving her own number on the website. While Sonic and Shadow have enough shared abilities and have pretty much the exact same core body shape.

I'm not sure how likely it is, since to be honest this scenario (Both Tails & Shadow) would be a dream come true for me but it's a strong possibility only if indeed the stars align for October 10th to not just be a coincidence and it being a Sonic character reveal.

Last edited:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Do we know exactly when the playlist updated? I keep hearing that when this happened in the past it was exactly ten days before the reveal.

Arkaizer

Smash Apprentice
I believe it was around Sunday or Monday. So ten days from then would land on either the 10th or the 11th.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Surprised I haven't seen this before. Shadow being in Smash would be amazing (coming from a long time Sonic fan), though I'd rather have Tails. If possible, can I be added to the support list?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Decent chance Shadow may alongside with perhaps Tails as Lucina/Robin reveal may get revealed next week as the 10th anniversary since Sonic was announced for Brawl. Thought I'd come in here and share the possibility of it.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I'm pretty sure I saw someone note that the character video playlist was casually updated a few days ago. We could be seeing a newcomer soon.

Now on the topic of a reveal on 10/10:
Is this entirely just because it's Sonics smash anniversary, or is there any other evidence supporting this?

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
I'd like to see Shadow confirmed on 10/10 just so the Box Theory is thrown out of the window. The reveal of any fighter besides Ken and Incineroar would destroy that theory for good.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure I saw someone note that the character video playlist was casually updated a few days ago. We could be seeing a newcomer soon.

Now on the topic of a reveal on 10/10:
Is this entirely just because it's Sonics smash anniversary, or is there any other evidence supporting this?
There’s evidence that something is about to happen in the Smashverse. The Japanese YouTube playlist updated and the “new” icon on top of the characters on the website disappeared. Last time this happened a character was revealed approximately ten days later. From what I’ve heard on the YouTubes.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I think Shadow would make a perfect Sonic echo. After all, with Sonic Adventure 2, he got his start as a Sonic clone, though without amenities like the bounce bracelet... or the magic hands... actually he wasn't missing much on that last one.

Though if we were to get a Sonic semi-clone, I think I'd kinda prefer Tails due to his significance to the series.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I'd like to see Shadow confirmed on 10/10 just so the Box Theory is thrown out of the window. The reveal of any fighter besides Ken and Incineroar would destroy that theory for good.
Frankly, just revealing 1 character would hurt the box theory considerably.

Even If that one character is Incineroar, that means all that would be left to reveal, according to the box theory, is Ken. Would they dedicate a trailer to Ken only? Doubtful, as he's an echo, and likely would accompany with something else, such as a Direct or a character reveal. A lot of the box theory hinges on a unique and Ken being revealed together, otherwise, it's on shaky ground to outright debunked.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Frankly, just revealing 1 character would hurt the box theory considerably.

Even If that one character is Incineroar, that means all that would be left to reveal, according to the box theory, is Ken. Would they dedicate a trailer to Ken only? Doubtful, as he's an echo, and likely would accompany with something else, such as a Direct or a character reveal. A lot of the box theory hinges on a unique and Ken being revealed together, otherwise, it's on shaky ground to outright debunked.
What if it’s just Ken? That would be a scary moment.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
What if it’s just Ken? That would be a scary moment.
Like I said, announcing just an echo, with nothing else accompanying it is very unlikely. The worst case scenario is announcing both Ken and a unique simultaneously.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Like I said, announcing just an echo, with nothing else accompanying it is very unlikely. The worst case scenario is announcing both Ken and a unique simultaneously.
I'm not sure if that's the worst-case scenario. Depending on whether Sakurai confirms, debunks, or doesn't mention the presence of more newcomers after announcing Ken+unique, the box theory could be demolished, proven, or left an open question.

Top Bottom