• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Life Form ~ Shadow the Hedgehog for Smash Ultimate! (Maria...)

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/428334256/we-werent-supposed-to-take-pictures-but-here

So… this thing… can anyone debunk this render or is it totally new and possible? I obviously don't trust this type of "leaks" anymore, as anyone can pose stuff with 3d models and make them look nice on photoshop… but you know… Still felt like sharing it here. Thoughts?
I feel this is fake. If you are gonna post a picture why do it half assed. Just do it all the way at this point.

B’Nana

Smash Cadet
Hold your horse, the only ultimate life form is Kars Shadow is just an edgy rodent

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Debunked so yeah…

Back to ground zero again i guess.
The good news (or bad news) is he still can be an echo. I want him to be his own be at least if he is an echo we can get Silver and Tails as the original fighter.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I think it's unlikely that they will do character packs.

If Shadow is not in the base game then him and Tails would probably still be competing for that spot.
I think it all depends what happens with Spring Man should he be DLC.

If Spring Man is alone. Then yeah, no character packs. But if Ribbon Girl comes with him as an echo fighter. Then yes that would be a full-fledged character combined with an echo coming in. And thus a character pack. Opening the door to potentially more. Maybe the goal posts would move to the echo fighter having to be the character who is DLC but otherwise wouldn't be impossible to have a new fighter for a series that comes with an echo fighter that was already in the game.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Now here's a good question:
Where do you think Shadow will end up in the tier placement relative to Sonic? Pit and his echo are ranked the same, and Lucina is several steps down from Marth.

Depending on how Shadow shapes up, I could see him being higher than the blue blur, especially if he has a teleport recovery or projectile.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Where do you think Shadow will end up in the tier placement relative to Sonic? Pit and his echo are ranked the same, and Lucina is several steps down from Marth.

Depending on how Shadow shapes up, I could see him being higher than the blue blur, especially if he has a teleport recovery or projectile.
Possibly higher, considering Sonic lost his invincibility on his Up B, he became a bit easier to dunk.

OhMyBanana54

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1628-5145-3801
Hey add me as a supporter! I've loved Shadow since I was 8 and I'd be happy to see him in the game, echo fighter or not!

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I'm really hoping Shadow is slightly slower than Sonic for more knockback power.
Then he would be a semi-clone then, even making Shadow slightly slower than Sonic by a little completely destroys his Echo status (and we get a similar issue with Mario/Dr. Mario).

For Echoes to work, they have to be the same height, weight, walk speed, air speed and running speed as the character they are echoing.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord

A teleport recovery would be a trade-off actually since, while it would be a safer recovery, it would mean he wouldn’t be able to chase people up to the top of the screen to get early KO’s with up air. He also wouldn’t have a projectile that can be dropped off the edge for a completely safe edge guarding option. Then again, he would be able to get shenanigans with ledge canceling, but IDK enough about Sonic’s playstyle to know how useful that would be.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Then he would be a semi-clone then, even making Shadow slightly slower than Sonic by a little completely destroys his Echo status (and we get a similar issue with Mario/Dr. Mario).

For Echoes to work, they have to be the same height, weight, walk speed, air speed and running speed as the character they are echoing.
Not true. Lucina has balanced strikes across her sword than Marth, who is balanced at the tip. Even Dark Samus seems floatier than regular Samus. Reason Dr Mario and Mario aren't echoes is that Mario has had many changes over the games, with Dr Mario maintaining his more classic style. During Melee, Dr Mario would've absolutely qualified as an echo.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Probably a space lower than or share the same tier spot as Sonic

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Not true. Lucina has balanced strikes across her sword than Marth, who is balanced at the tip. Even Dark Samus seems floatier than regular Samus. Reason Dr Mario and Mario aren't echoes is that Mario has had many changes over the games, with Dr Mario maintaining his more classic style. During Melee, Dr Mario would've absolutely qualified as an echo.
You forgot that Chrom also lacks Roy's sweetspots on his hilt of the blade (which was also taken from Lucina's), he also holds his blade more properly unlike Roy's.

And you actually got me on the Dark Samus one, but Shadow being floaty wouldn't feel right.

For Shadow to be an Echo fighter:

Needs to be the same height and weight and mostly the same porportions as the base character he is copying (and quite surprisingly, he's shared this with Sonic in almost every Sonic game he's been in barring Sonic 06 (where he was made slightly slower than Sonic due to the game being rushed, which is where I have the feeling you got the idea to make Shadow slower than Sonic from).

He needs to have the same walk and run speed as Sonic (however you can make his skating animation appear aesthetically slower to give off that vibe that he is slower than Sonic like they did with Lucina's running animation being faster than Marth's to make her appear to be faster than him, but other than that, he needs to be at the same running speed as the Blue Blur, having him literally slightly slower than Sonic completely kills his Echo Status as that's one of the rules of Echo Fighters: You must run at the exact same speed as the original character you are going to Echo).

Must have the same attack power as Sonic's as well sharing the same jump height as him, same goes for the knockback strength.

What Shadow can allow to have as an Echo Fighter to differentiate him from Sonic:

Unique animations for almost everything, ranging from idle poses, taunts, and victory animations and even attack animations.

Sweetspots on all of his kicking attacks with the flame effect from his skates (but they must deal equal strength and knockback as Sonic's), this could easily explain why Sonic's Up-Air move got nerfed and doesn't connect as well as I'm thinking this was done for Shadow's Up-Air (added fire sweetspot on that Up-air would bring it back to pre-Ultimate levels of utility).

A different Up-B (Chaos Control needs to be his recovery move as that's one of his signature moves and to be honest, it should be the only move he should get in his basic moveset), Chrom proves that Echoes can have different B moves if certain moves from the base character doesn't work (could anyone honestly picture Chrom doing a non-flame version of Blazer? Or give him yet another Dolphin Slash recovery?) I can't see Shadow pulling up Spring Jumps out of nowhere like Sonic can (as Sonic uses the Classical Spring from the older Sonic games).

Last edited:

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
If anyone is curious, I asked R/SonicTheHedgehog who there favorite character was and after polling 100 people here are the results. After Sonic, Shadow is the most popular character of these 100 people. Now I know this does not necisarly mean anything in the smash comunity but it does show who the top characters are in the Sonic Fandom.

Attachments

Nikster31

Smash Rookie
All for this edgelord to get in, hopefully as a unique fighter but I'll take whatever I can get.

Count me in!

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
If anyone is curious, I asked R/SonicTheHedgehog who there favorite character was and after polling 100 people here are the results. After Sonic, Shadow is the most popular character of these 100 people. Now I know this does not necisarly mean anything in the smash comunity but it does show who the top characters are in the Sonic Fandom.
So does this means that freaking Silver the Hedgehog (who is the Waluigi of the Sonic Universe) has a chance to get a spot on the roster? Not that I wouldn't mind Silver getting in as he fits the "Hedgehog Arch-type" alongside Sonic and Shadow very well (similar to how Peach, Daisy and Rosalina all fit into the "Princess category", even though the latter of the 3 isn't a Princess at all.)

In before Silver gets a unique Special Moveset to call his own, while still echoing Sonic and Shadow at the same time!

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Blaze fan here while wanting Shadow: The fact Blaze is in the top 5 there is amazing!

Wonder if it means that Shadow's Up B would be similar to Mewtwo's Transportation instead of Sonic's Up B?

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Blaze fan here while wanting Shadow: The fact Blaze is in the top 5 there is amazing!

Wonder if it means that Shadow's Up B would be similar to Mewtwo's Transportation instead of Sonic's Up B?
I am a huge fan of Silver so seeing him get in would be a dream.

There would be something coo about seeing the hedgehog trio playable in the game. Hell, if Sonic and Shadow were in the game I would take Trever Belmont if that means getting silver.

Even though Tails does deserve it, its so hard to pick and choose who should really get in.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Silver is actually in the background of the Green Hill Zone where Knuckles use to be. Watch the E3 Direct and you will see him.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Silver is actually in the background of the Green Hill Zone where Knuckles use to be. Watch the E3 Direct and you will see him.
Tails, Knuckles, and Silver were always in the background of Green Hill Zone even back in Brawl (And Knuckles is still there BTW so it is possible to have the Knuckles AT and the cameo at the same time. Good luck getting the right RNG for it to happen though)

Though even so I can't say it hard deconfirms Tails or Silver given it's an old stage. Silver has other reasons why he's really, really, really unlikely but being in the background of Green Hill Zone again is not really one of them.

Top Bottom