• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

RayaGRH

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry for my post... It was a joke, I was in a weird mood when I posted it... it was inflammatory I know, but I hope it made some of you laugh perhaps! I'm not usually a trolly kinda poster... sorry. For what it's worth, I'd like them both in.

Dixie cannot be an echo though, that's for sure. The entire point of echo's it seems is to let in popular characters that are directly tied together. Dark Pit is the evil version of Pit, Lucina pretended to be Marth, Daisy is Peach's counterpart. So someone like Shadow would be suitable, who was mistaken for Sonic and played just like him in Sonic Adventure 2, or Mrs. Pac-Man for Pac-Man. Basically, popular characters, but it's not necessary for them to have unique movesets.

Meanwhile, the entire point of Dixie is that she has unique attributes from Diddy. That is why she exists in the firsy place. That is why you would swap between them in the game! Her being an echo fighter would be terrible and a massive disservice, and I hope that Sakurai knows this.

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
I think a lot of people seem to think its one or the other which is a shame since they really both should have already been in the game right now.

What I'm most worried about is the complete lack of DK anything, not just playable representation but items, assist trophies. We get a few stages here and there but thats always about it. I wonder why that is?
I think there's a couple reasons why it could be. It could be that Sakurai views DK as part of the Mario series. It could be that he doesn't play the games or have a vested interest in them. One thing I'm sure hurt DK is Microsoft buying Rare. It sent DK into a weird spin-off and Mario cameo era until Returns and Tropical Freeze came out.

Hopefully with Returns and TF selling well and the Smash ballot showing that people want DK characters, we're passed that now!

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Alrighty so we've got 3 new Support Buddies listed:
RayaGRH RayaGRH
ThePsychoWolf ThePsychoWolf
P.Kat P.Kat
I'd like to extend a HUGE welcome to each of them for helping us get to, achieve and surpass 200 Supporters!!! Thank you to each of you; according to the DK Wikia, we outnumber the Animal 10 to 1. Thgat's pretty dope, LOL.

Hey P.Kat, you weren't P.Kay before, right?

I'm sorry for my post... It was a joke, I was in a weird mood when I posted it... it was inflammatory I know, but I hope it made some of you laugh perhaps! I'm not usually a trolly kinda poster... sorry. For what it's worth, I'd like them both in.

Dixie cannot be an echo though, that's for sure. The entire point of echo's it seems is to let in popular characters that are directly tied together. Dark Pit is the evil version of Pit, Lucina pretended to be Marth, Daisy is Peach's counterpart. So someone like Shadow would be suitable, who was mistaken for Sonic and played just like him in Sonic Adventure 2, or Mrs. Pac-Man for Pac-Man. Basically, popular characters, but it's not necessary for them to have unique movesets.

Meanwhile, the entire point of Dixie is that she has unique attributes from Diddy. That is why she exists in the firsy place. That is why you would swap between them in the game! Her being an echo fighter would be terrible and a massive disservice, and I hope that Sakurai knows this.
Hey, it's completely fine; thank you for owning up to it and apologizing. Some people would just never set foot in the thread again after doing that, so all is forgiven. I've added you to the Support List too.

You make a good point about Echoes, especially in regards to Shadow. When it comes to Dixie I'm flatout against her being one; I'd honestly take AT status over an echo if that's all they're gonna do with her, so right now all I can do is hope that all those Trophy descriptions since Melee that emphasized how different she is meant something to Sakurai.

Oh my.....! This looks so good and fits Dixie extremely well! I really love it, thank you for creating this, would love to see even more, I draw in my spare time too and I can tell that you really put effort into your pictures. Your art style is very beautiful!
Thank you very much! I was worried about making it live up to DK and Diddy's powerups and obsessed over matching them, so I'm VERY glad it was received so warmly!
Good God Birthnote - I think I forgot eons back that you drew stuff. But this is just phenomenal!

Like, the concept and just this whole traditionally crafted pic screams immense potential for a big artist someday.
Really appreciate this, Valkyrie! Man if a professional artist did bring this concept to life I'd be so damn happy LOL. It'd be like a dream come true. :awesome:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I'd like to extend a HUGE welcome to each of them for helping us get to, achieve and surpass 200 Supporters!!! Thank you to each of you; according to the DK Wikia, we outnumber the Animal 10 to 1. Thgat's pretty dope, LOL.

Hey P.Kat, you weren't P.Kay before, right?
You're welcome I'm just glad to be a supporter.

Nope I've always been P.Kat:)

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
You make a good point about Echoes, especially in regards to Shadow. When it comes to Dixie I'm flatout against her being one; I'd honestly take AT status over an echo if that's all they're gonna do with her, so right now all I can do is hope that all those Trophy descriptions since Melee that emphasized how different she is meant something to Sakurai.
That makes me wonder though, who writes those trophy descriptions? Does sakurai do it? or does he have a say into what goes into them or is it someone else entirely?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
That makes me wonder though, who writes those trophy descriptions? Does sakurai do it? or does he have a say into what goes into them or is it someone else entirely?
Honestly, IDK. Now that I think about it he probably delegates that to someone else or a group like how music is handled for the game. As I think deeper about it, I realize assuming Sakurai is behind every asset of the game is a bit naive, but as he's the face/brain/heart of SSB it's easy to place everything on home.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
With that being said, I should really try to figure out how to put the SNES DKC games on my 3DS.
You can’t put SNES games in the 3DS. Not unless you know how to hack.

You can put SNES games in the New 3DS.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I need to get a 3DS (sold mine long ago) so I can download the Donkey Kong Land games on it, my favorite games of all time.

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
Doeas it make sense if Dixie is a echo.
It would be a disservice to Dixie and completley miss the point of her as a character. Her introduction to the series was her ability to float, her hair twirl her Differences to Diddy, so her being an echo of him robs her of all the originality that she debuted as. It would be a waste of including her if she doesn't even have access to what makes Dixie, Dixie.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
It would be a disservice to Dixie and completley miss the point of her as a character. Her introduction to the series was her ability to float, her hair twirl her Differences to Diddy, so her being an echo of him robs her of all the originality that she debuted as. It would be a waste of including her if she doesn't even have access to what makes Dixie, Dixie.
This. Daisy works as an echo because she has no canon abilities, dark pit works as an echo because he's literally a clone of pit with access to the exact same weapons pit does, Lucina works as an echo because despite having a canonically different fighting style they're both standard swordsmen and using what is technically the same weapon. Dixie doesn't fit as an echo at all.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
fr why would anyone support her? she'd obviously just be diddy in drag what's the point?
I know, right?

It's already bad enough we have Girl Marth, Emo Pit and Yellow Peach, now we need Girl Diddy?!? Just slap a blonde wig on Diddy and cut his tail and you've got your dumb chimp right here. She has, like, no moveset potential. Bayonetta already uses her hair as a weapon, so Dixie can't even be remotely unique.

Even the fact Diddy and Dixie's victory animations when clearing a DKC2 level involves a musical instrument (with Diddy also being shown to rock with a guitar in DK64), which shows that she's Echo material right here! I smell a lazy clone!

(I hope nobody thought I was being serious with this post)

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I’m sorry I can’t support this Dixie sucks. Such a stupid character.
GOOD! We hate Dixie too, but hmmm....IDK, you don't seem to hate Dixie enough. I'll put you on the Haters List, but I'll need you to hate her more. ;)

I would support only if she came tagged along with kiddy,

make her a donkey and diddy mix

She’s not good enough solo imo

But to good to be a clone
I think a kong with her own game who's often the favorite pick of the 3 games she's in makes her good enough to be solo.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I’m sorry I can’t support this Dixie sucks. Such a stupid character.
That self hatred, though... Can relate. :152:
I would support only if she came tagged along with kiddy,

make her a donkey and diddy mix

She’s not good enough solo imo

But to good to be a clone
I love DKC3 (sometimes even more DKC2), but honestly Kiddy has no business being tagged with Dixie.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Yeah, he'd be the last Kong people would ask for in Smash (let alone tagged), even if he is an integral part of the DKC trilogy.
I think that's the biggest hurdle to getting a Dixie/Kiddy tag-team. It would require extra development for a character almost no one wants, so Sakurai would only do it if he really liked and had confidence in the tag-team idea.

Honestly, I do like the tag-team idea (the one I proposed on the previous page, that is), but like most people, I don't like Kiddy, lol.

Reila

I think the tag team idea would only make sense with Diddy and he is already playable solo.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
GOOD! We hate Dixie too, but hmmm....IDK, you don't seem to hate Dixie enough. I'll put you on the Haters List, but I'll need you to hate her more. ;)

I think a kong with her own game who's often the favorite pick of the 3 games she's in makes her good enough to be solo.

Don’t know about that I remember DKC3 ads and how they advertised it as Dixie’s quest staring kiddy Kong

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Don’t know about that I remember DKC3 ads and how they advertised it as Dixie’s quest staring kiddy Kong
I don't know who the guy is, but he was in multiple video game commercials. This isn't the first time he got info on the games he's advertising incorrect

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Have we seen Diddy's Dixie costume yet? I wonder if its been removed for Dixie, and that's why he wasn't playable at E3.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
And how many times have we seen Kiddy Kong since then?
One game what came out and one game what got canceled.

You really shouldn’t try and make that a counter argument as smash is a home for characters who only made one game appearance

I just want to let people know it’s not that I don’t like her... it’s more I don’t know wanting to see more tag teams in smash, and seeing her ride around on top of kiddy as he rolls around would be fun

I also think it would increase her chances if more people where open to this idea. cause Sakurai likes making fun characters and if she had a tag partner be it diddy or kiddy it opens up way more move set potential

I would probably pick her up as a main if she was in a Tag team just for the fun you could have.

Like who doesn’t want to toss a fat monkey baby at someone

Last ninja edit to be more clear I’m saying kiddy should be a weapon

Last edited:

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
One game what came out and one game what got canceled.

You really shouldn’t try and make that a counter argument as smash is a home for characters who only made one game appearance

I just want to let people know it’s not that I don’t like her... it’s more I don’t know wanting to see more tag teams in smash, and seeing her ride around on top of kiddy as he rolls around would be fun

I also think it would increase her chances if more people where open to this idea. cause Sakurai likes making fun characters and if she had a tag partner be it diddy or kiddy it opens up way more move set potential

I would probably pick her up as a main if she was in a Tag team just for the fun you could have.

Like who doesn’t want to toss a fat monkey baby at someone

Last ninja edit to be more clear I’m saying kiddy should be a weapon
My point about Kiddy wasn't that "he hasn't been in many games, so he isn't worth adding," it's more so that Kiddy isn't very popular, and as such, would kind of be a weird addition.

Look at Geno for example. Sure, he's a Mario character who was in only one game (not counting that random cameo in Superstar Saga), but he was well remembered and fondly thought of by those who played Super Mario RPG, and has built up a sizable and enduring fanbase who wants to see him return because they genuinely love the character. That combined with his moveset potential is what makes Geno in Smash a good choice, because it would please the many fans who have been wanting him for ages.

If Kiddy had a large fanbase then that would be one thing. But I think Kiddy would get a "what?" reaction from most fans, even fans of DKC3.

My main point is, I think Dixie is plenty worthy of being added solo, with her being a major character in the DK franchise with plenty of moveset potential with her hair. That being said, I do think that your tag team idea is pretty cool, I just don't think it's necessary for Dixie to be a unique and interesting character. Though judging by your comment about how you think Kiddy should be a weapon, I think I may have misinterpreted the point of your previous post, so, sorry about that.

Last edited:

Reila

Dixie being tagged with Kiddy is as silly as Dixie being an echo fighter. Such possibilities shouldn't even be considered.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I wouldn't put any faith in those ads to begin with. DKC3's definitely Dixie's game just off the subtitle alone, just like DKC2's subtitle indicates it's Diddy's game. Even going by the plot, Kiddy literally has no stake in it. He's just coming along cuz Dixie's a horrible babysitter lol; he wasn't the one who went to look for DK and Diddy, he's been pawned off to Dixie by Funky because he doesn't wanna watch him. Dixie's moving the story forward and he's just a passenger.

Plus, advertising and the actual product don't always match. You're better off going by what's in the game TBH.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
My point about Kiddy wasn't that "he hasn't been in many games, so he isn't worth adding," it's more so that Kiddy isn't very popular, and as such, would kind of be a weird addition.

Look at Geno for example. Sure, he's a Mario character who was in only one game (not counting that random cameo in Superstar Saga), but he was well remembered and fondly thought of by those who played Super Mario RPG, and has built up a sizable and enduring fanbase who wants to see him return because they genuinely love the character. That combined with his moveset potential is what makes Geno in Smash a good choice, because it would please the many fans who have been wanting him for ages.

If Kiddy had a large fanbase then that would be one thing. But I think Kiddy would get a "what?" reaction from most fans, even fans of DKC3.

My main point is, I think Dixie is plenty worthy of being added solo, with her being a major character in the DK franchise with plenty of moveset potential with her hair. That being said, I do think that your tag team idea is pretty cool, I just don't think it's necessary for Dixie to be a unique and interesting character. Though judging by your comment about how you think Kiddy should be a weapon, I think I may have misinterpreted the point of your previous post, so, sorry about that.
Yes Dixie would always be in the lead
Kiddie you could just roll around on top of him and toss him at people.

Your all will hate me for this but just because the mass might not like the idea doesn’t men you won’t like it when you have it

Last edited:
Top Bottom