• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Greninja Resource Document

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Hey, everbody. I'm Elu! I'm a moderator of the Greninja discord and have been a Greninja main since the beginning of Smash 4.

I've been working and constantly updating this document that compiles Greninja showcases and tech, as well as a ton of general resources about Smash in general, such as neutral, movement tech, and more!

I present to you: The Ultimate Greninja Resource Document:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/16j1qudh2ESbzgwGFPj1RIusebMxtREsS0ASFAdsTfp8/

I keep this document continually up to date and I'm always trying to improve it! I hope it can be useful to you as well!

Firox

Smash Master
So a little piece of tech I found interesting in this guide was the ability to do a standing grab out of dash by holding down on the left stick before pressing the grab button. With Greninja's speed, it allows his standing grab to actually slide forward with faster startup and less endlag than doing a normal dash grab. The issue I found, however, is that it doesn't seem to always work. I'll hold down on the stick, then press grab, but sometimes I end up with a dash grab instead of the sliding standing grab. Any ideas as to why that is?

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
So a little piece of tech I found interesting in this guide was the ability to do a standing grab out of dash by holding down on the left stick before pressing the grab button. With Greninja's speed, it allows his standing grab to actually slide forward with faster startup and less endlag than doing a normal dash grab. The issue I found, however, is that it doesn't seem to always work. I'll hold down on the stick, then press grab, but sometimes I end up with a dash grab instead of the sliding standing grab. Any ideas as to why that is?
So, that's known as a skid cancel grab. It works because you cancel the skid animation from a run into a move, such as grab. However, you only get the skid animation after the initial dash animation, so skid cancel grab only works after the initial dash. So, if you input grab during initial dash, you'll just buffer a dash grab instead.

Firox

Smash Master
So, that's known as a skid cancel grab. It works because you cancel the skid animation from a run into a move, such as grab. However, you only get the skid animation after the initial dash animation, so skid cancel grab only works after the initial dash. So, if you input grab during initial dash, you'll just buffer a dash grab instead.
Ah, now I get it. Thanks for the reply! By the way, I've been devouring your guide compendium and holy mother of Arceus, this thing has helped me so much! I've learned how to standing grab out of run, optimize my DI, tech chase and instant counter out of shield. Plus, the section on how to practice properly was truly inspirational. I've got over 200 hours on Greninja but felt like all the grinding was doing little to make me better. After realizing that I should be sparring to improve and not so much sparring to win, I instantly saw results. 10/10.

Top Bottom