• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Falcon Guide v1.1 *Updated June 20th* Minor Changes

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
Captain Douglas Jay Falcon
sorry your not playing him, your playing
Rick Wheeler

BEWARE!!!!!! IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE MANLIEST THEN VIEW WITH YOUR PARENTS OR GO BACK

As you know Falcon was nerfed really bad, really bad, resulting in being low tier, but that can change. If you are a tier ***** than GTFO and go use “Metaspam” or Snake. Back to the subject, hopefully this will help some people with their Falcon game. You can tell me to add something to these sections if you want, contribute here or Here . If there is a major error somewhere in here just tell me.

Who Says Captain Falcon can't outrun Sonic
R.O.B. is a witness

Falcon shows his moves, The Guide byReaver197
Original Guide v1.0

Table of Contents
1. About
a. Why Should I Main Falcon
b. Pros and Cons
c. Offense and Defense

2. In The Game
a. Tips
b. Practicing

3. Showing Your Moves
a. Moveset Guide
b. Tactics
c. AT's
d. Combos
e. Approach
f. Kill
g. Recovery
h. Taunts

4. Data/ Stats
a. Speed By SmashBrother2008
b. Kill % by Doggalina
c. Dair to Knee % by ToKneeOrNotKnee

5. Match Ups
a. Stage Guide/ Counterpicking
b. Priority Guide
c. Match Up Guide By Wogrim
d. Basic Match Up Guide

6. How is he Doing
a. Tourney Results
b. Ranking List By Anokoku
c. Official SBR Tier List
d. Best Falcons IMO/ Best Falcon Vids

7. Items
a. Summary
b. Final Smash
c. Item Tips

8. Miscellaneous
a. How to Unlock By Smash Bros DOJO!!!
b. Costumes
c. Smash Terms
d. Extra Information
e. Credits

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
1. ABOUT

a. Why Should I Main Falcon
You may want to main Captain Falcon because he is;
1. Too good
2. The manliest character
3. Has the only true cinamatic Final Smash
4. Only character to have a fighting team copy throughout the entire series
5. Very important role in the Subspace Emisarry
6. Has the game's most epic kill moves
7. You mained Ganondorf already
8. Fun to play as
9. Killing with Captain Falcon looks pretty grand
10. You like to spam "Show me ya moves!"
11. Only Character to have six costumes in every game
12. You used him in SSB64 or Melee
13. Has the Falcon Punch
14. Combo of speed and raw power
15. Is halarious to play as
16. Looks cool
17. Sexiest moves
18. He's not afraid to show of his junk when he wins
19. Depends only on the player's skill
20. You want a character with potential
21. Switching to another character is hard
22. To show top tier character players what Falcon is really made of
23. Has THE KNEE
24. Awsome theme songs. Yes, multiple theme songs (plural)
25. Has golden super nipples
26. High mobility
27. Short short-hop
28. He is fast
29. His forums are at the top of the list so you don't have to scroll down
30. Moves feel perfect.
31. If you lose, you can blame Nintendo. If you win, you can gloat about him being bad
32. You are a fan of F-Zero
33. Agressive playstyle
34. Only smash character with comic-book style artwork
35. He was your childhood hero
36. Has an inescapable fan swing
37. Captain Falcon allowed you to main him (only Falcon mains have been granted the divine right to use such a difficult character)
b. Pros and Cons
Pros
-Second fastest character in the game
-Manliest in the game
-Has one of the best dash dances
-His aerials aren't laggy​

Cons
-Has horrible match ups,he has no advantage against any of the characters in the game
-His priority sucks
-Grab range sucks
-Takes lots of practice to get decent with, learning curve
-Hard to approach many characters
-Was nerfed ridiculous since Brawl
-No projectiles
-Low Tier​

c. Offense/Defense
Both

SPEED
Since Falcon has so many disadvantages you must interpret this one advantage into your game play. He is the second fastest player behind Sonic. Since he is fast you'll be able to reach your opponent quickly for a punish. If you are a n00b then keep practicing with him and you'll learn to control his speed. You will also learn how to use your speed against your opponent. His aerials are pretty fast, they have very little lag. This is one main key to having a decent Falcon.​

VARIETY/MIX UP
Any good Falcon player knows that you must mix up your game. Since your already at a huge disadvantage, you don't want to get predictable. Mix up everything (gimp, kill, edgeguard, approach, ect.). If you are predictable good players will out space you then punish or just shield grab you. Besides most of Falcon's moves aren't spammable. Anyways NO VARIETY= YOU LOSE+YOU SUCK!!!​

BAIT
You can bait your opponent many ways. Bating brings your opponent towards you, so you can set them up or just kill them. This isn't used much though. Half the time baiting doesn't work so you shouldn't rely on it. Bating will never work against campers unless they need to come close to you to kill you.​

ADAPTIBILITY
Many competitive gamers rely on this, it is very important for competitive gamers. You can't really learn this, it just comes with experience. This is reading your opponent and predicting what he/she will do. Once you put this strategy into use you must keep in mind that there are many different play styles. You can also adapt by switching your play style and strategies and make it fit the situation or match up your in.​

Spacing
All Falcon's need spacing, it's a must have. If you just started you won't be able to space as well but keep at it. You'll soon get good at spacing. You will probably have better spacing then most people who play higher tier characters. They don't need spacing as much as Falcon. Spacing is kind of like hitting your opponent without letting your opponent hit you. It's maneuvering around you opponent and being able to hit them. A good spacer must know their moves and its range. Also their opponents moves and range.
Extra Info...​
Spacing - easily makes the difference between a good Falcon and a not-so good Falcon. Whoever is a melee Falcon vet, this is going to be really hard because Falcon was never about spacing and timing, mainly it was all about landing that grab or Nair, then combo your opponent to death. Brawl's fashion of fighting is really defensive as previously stated, so spacing becomes a key role in Falcon's play style. Moves that are nice for spacing are all of Falcon's tilts and Bair. Everything else is pretty bad when it comes to spacing (reverse Uair is good if you become good at doing it) so try to use Falcon's tilts for range. To learn how to space correctly is hard to teach, however how I learned it was to first enter training and study the farthest my hitbox reaches. Then in every friendly match I do I try to incorporate the move at least twice for every stock (and by using is smartly, not spamming it). The key to spacing is hard to say because there isn't any for me to say it, I can give you ideas to improve but that's about it. Know when to stop and space, its real important because if your staying just trying to space effectively your opponent can easily projectile spam or simply just start destroying you. A good time to space is when your going to counter your opponent's faults. An example is Martha using double Fairs, if you simply walk out of range of the second Fair you can counter with a Ftilt in her landing lag. It has been argued so far that Falcon's smashes (in particular Fsmash and Dsmash) are also excellent for spacing, and I don't disagree either. However I wouldn't space with smashes unless I can kill, because if your smash misses your pretty much screwed. I was facing my bros Meta Knight yesterday with Falcon on FD, I used only safe Bairs, Reverse Uairs, jabs, aand grab releases, thenspaced a stutter stepped Fsmash or Dsmash. I didn't win the majority of the matches but it did win me a couple of rounds, so with deep practice you can match up maybe if your real good/lucky to MK, I can't yet, it's mainly luck that I won a couple of the matches. Your first real step to becoming a ridiculous Falcon is to learn your range.
Offense
COUNTER
It's important to counter, just so you know I don't mean counter picking stages. I mean trying to interrupt your opponent's attack with yours or hitting your opponent right after your opponent hits you. This is a good way to build damage, it slowly adds up. Every percentage counts and is important. Jabbing and using uair is Falcon's best counter move. They come out swiftly and don't have lag.​

APPROACH
Falcon has a very difficult time approaching his opponent, but most of the time he forced to approach though, especially against campers. Half of his approaches just plain suck. Most moves will out prioritize Falcon, blame Sakurai. You have to develop different ways to approach without getting destroyed while going in. Some approaches only work against certain characters so I'd suggest you play against a variety of characters and find out how to get around them.​

KILL
Falcon has half damagers and half killers. There are many kill options you have as Falcon. The most reliable would be Dsmash but mix it up or your opponent will always know what move your trying to use as a finisher. Also get good at gimping, that is where half of your kills should come from. Killing is killing so there isn't really much to say.​

MINDGAMES
This is a skill that is very dangerous if you know how to use it right. It's manipulating and predicting your opponent. Part of mind gaming is tricking your opponent into a certain place at a certain time. You also must predict what your opponent will do and set them up. Know your opponents options and what they are most likely going to do.
Extra Info...​
Mindgames/Mind-Reading - it's sad that Brawl has so little techs (for now.....), because it shortens the amount of mindgames that are allowed to be performed. However the worst part is how mindgame intense Brawl is, this makes for a game focused on very little mindgames, so it is important to know everyone inside-out. But what is a mindgame? Well it's basically when you use your opponents logic against them or tricking them in simpler terms. Earlier I said that you should know every mindgame, what I really meant was to know every option your opponent has that can trick you. But don't over-think the options your opponent has (like me -__-) because you'll be mindgameing yourself, think of what move your opponent is likely to do. How do you predict? There are a ton of ways to read opponents, if your opponent is near the edge of a stage there highly likely to roll away from the edge, if you read them correctly by staying still for example until they rolled, congrats you just pulled of a mindgame. If you dash dance (with no tripping code) your opponent doesn't know of what to do because......well you running around mindlessly, if they think your going to dash attack they may anticipate it but most likely miss the attack, at which time you can counter them in their lag animation. There's no true way for me to tell how to mindgame but with the help of some universal techs some that are exclusive to Falcon, you can make Falcon more dangerous than your opponent thinks

EDGEHOG
This is preventing your opponent to recover on to the ledge. All you have to do is hang on the edge. You should know when to do it and when not to. Who to do it to and who not to. Some characters third jump will spike you, others are weak. They'll damage you but not stage spike you. This is one reason why you should play a variety of characters and know them.​

GIMPING
This is the easiest kill you will ever have playing as Falcon. His gimp game is actually pretty good. There are several moves you can gimp with (Fair, Bair, Uair, Dair). Fair is the best though, both flubbed and sweetspotted. If you flub the fair then you can follow it up with a uair. BTW that is the greatest gimp set up ever!!!
Extra Info...​
Gimp!!!!one!!11 - To gimp is to kill a character at low percentages because you distrupt their recoveries. This is probably Falcons best tool at getting KO's mainly because moves like flubbed Fair, Uair, Bair, and is some cases Dair have either low knockback but long hitstun, or because it the move insane speed, or sets up for stage spikes. I will be talking A LOT about gimping in the future but for people who know what/how to gimp, just take the info for what it is. If a character is below the stage but farther along the horizontal axis, gimping with Fair (flubbed) is your best option. If the opponent is below the stage or close to recovering; run off the stage and Bair, Bair has amazing priority, knockback, damage, and usually stage spikes. If the opponent likes to hug the ledge a little longer than they should (if they stay on the ledge after invincibility frames end) again just Bair, 8 out of 10 times it will stagespike. Uair comes out ridiculous speed, Iv seriously been able to "combo" two Uairs jump do another two Uairs and recover. It's that fast. All you have to do is mash up on the C-stick and watch that your DI doesn't push you too far away to not be to recover. However by this time the opponent has been ***** of their jumps so an edge-hog usually finishes the job. Dair I think is a really underestimated move because the nipps don't spike. My reason of why it's still o.k is because of the amount of hit-stun the nipple thrust has, plus it's priority is really good. On stages like Smashville it's wise to stay upon the moving platform because if someone is trying to attack through the platform/recovering the Dair will spike (as long as their body don't pass through the platform). What does this lead to? really annoying/broken spikes. This concludes this brief section on gimping, I will discuss this further in the guide later.........

PUNISHING
This is very important, very important. It's so important I had to say it twice. This ties in with spacing and timing. You must know how to space in order to punish. If your opponent misses a laggy move then go in and punish. Know which move that builds the most damage that is usable in that situation. You can also punish by shield grabbing, spot dodging>attack, roll dodge>attack.​

Defense
SHIELD GRAB
Any character can do this. The most useful AT that uses shield ever. All you do is shield and press A. Don't always shield while trying to avoid damage, it will result in you being grabbed. It comes out faster than z. Don't abuse the greatness of this, A.K.A don't spam it. When you predict someone using attacking or using a laggy move against you, use it. Keep in mind that certain spaced moves can't be shield grabbed.​

SPOT DODGE
Spot dodging gives you a better opportunity to punish than roll dodging because it's faster. You shouldn't use this for long lasting moves though, you will be hit. For long lasting moves use roll dodge or shield. Try to know your opponents moves, it will boost your advantage. This move is mainly based on timing.​

ROLL DODGE
This is used to dodge a move and escaping behind your opponent. Always mix the three defending options up( shield,spot dodge, roll dodge).It really depends on what your opponent does. You can always bait your opponent, wait for your opponent to attack, roll dodge back, then punish. It works sometimes.​

POWERSHIELDING
Powershielding is shielding at the exact moment your opponent hits you or throws a projectile at you. If you powershield you will be able to drop your shield while your opponent is still performing the rest of their move. Powershielding is all about timing. You must shield within a specific frame limit.​

2. In The Game

a. Tips
If you get keep on getting beat,then change your play style. If he/she is approaching you than you should start approaching back, if you are approaching him/her than let him/her approach you. You should always change up your game play, if you are pretty predictable than your going to get owned every time especially since your Falcon. Mind game people into a few combos ,pawnches, or knees. One key factor to winning is "SHOW ME YA MOVES"​

b. Practicing
SWEETSPOTTING KNEE
You should learn how to sweetspot this move. The knee only sweetspots on the first couple of frames. It's not something you would use often, but you still need to know how to sweetspot.
Methods of practcing
1. While waiting online knee the punching bag
2.Go to practice mode>pick Metaknight as opponent>command Metaknight to jump> try to knee him​

THE GENTLEMAN
You must learn this, I repeat must. Most of the the gentlemen is a better option than the infinite jab. Once you learn the gentleman jab grabbing becomes a lot easier. Which is like the greatest Falcon set up ever. Infinite jabs are way to punishable. Plus you can't cancel the infinite jabs.​

SHORT HOP
This is very easy to do and very important. It allows you to jump half the length of a full jump. Short hop aerials are good approaches.​

TECHNIQUES
It's always good to know all techniques except the ones that are forgotten and never used.Most of them are very situational. You need to learn when to use them and when not to use them. They can be very useful if you learn when to use them. Techniques help out your mindgames.​

RAR
In case you don't know, it means reverse rush aerial. The only thing that is useful RAR'ed IMO is bair, Falcon Pawnch, and dair. Falcon has a little variety of approaches so RAR'ed bair is a pretty good approach. The RAR'ed Falcon Pawnch is situational, obviously don't spam it. It's meant to hit someone who is coming down from the air. Try to mindgame someone into this too. The RAR dair seems pretty useful, it's way better than regular dair. If you hit your opponent with it, you can quickly connect it with another move or grab.​

Literal Practicing Tips
-Play a variety of characters
-Try to go to tournaments
-Play 1vs1
-Don't play with items
-Don't play Brawl+(Brawl with hacks), it will never become tournament legal
-List from best to worst ways to play
1. Offline
2. Wi-Fi
3. CPUs​

3. Showing Your Moves
Priority, Knockback Key
Very High
High
Medium
Low
Very Low​

a. Moveset Guide
This is list has been approved by :falcon:

GoD
Dtaunt

Jab
Uair
Bair
Falcon Dive (Up B)
Dsmash
Uptilt

HigH
Dash Attack
Nair
Raptor Boost (Side B)
Dthrow
Falcon Kick (Down B)
Dair
Upsmash

MiDDLe
Fsmash
Fthrow
Knee
Ftilt
Dtilt
Bthrow
Upthrow

BoTToM
Falcon Punch (B)
Specials

Falcon Punch (B)

Damage-Regular (23-27%) Reversed(24-28)
Knockback- Very High
Death- NO DI,TIP(Regular 48-68%)(Reverse 38-63%) NO DI, CLOSE(Regular 34-51%)(Reverse 31-48%)
Lag-
Speed-
Priority-
About- This move is very laggy, if people predict you ,you will be punished terribly. This is usually used for mindgames, the regular one isn't very tricky, you should always try to do the 180 or 360. You can also use this to edgeguard people. SH Falcon Punch can occasionally catch someone's landing lag or ending lag and POW!!! But remember this move is strategic. I'd suggest you not use this if you're down a stock or two.
Hi guys, I'm thinking that Falcon needs to use Falcon Punch more, so this is going to be a list of moves (you better contribute) that Falcon can hit with a Falcon Punch if you either predict them and start slightly earlier, or start at about the same time.

PUNCH TIPS!
- If you press jump (full hop) and special at the same time, you'll execute it juust before you land.
- Shorthops, Full hops, etc. Don't be afraid to do one off-stage! Doing it when they least expect it is when it's best!
- Just like anything, unpredictable jumps can land you some hits! I've done stupid things like full hop in place/slightly backwards and hit Falcon Punches on whiffed dash attacks! XD it's too good.
- If they're on the edge, chances are they'll roll behind you if you jump+Falcon Punch at them. In otherwords, techpredict ftw.

General:
RECOVERY:
- Any recovery that leaves the opponent unable to attack afterwards (high fallers)
- Tether recoveries: you can start early and predict where they'll immediately be when they're under the edge. Some, like Olimar/Link/TL have longer times to 'reel' themselves to the edge. Even Popo can be hit out of this while he's floating off stage throwing Nana on.
- Predictable recoveries like Falco/Fox Illusion- space yourself correctly and you can land a Falcon Punch as they start their teleport.

Character Specific
Sheik/PT/Samus-ZSS: Transformation/switch

For most of these, you either have to predict their startup or start at the same time.

Dedede: Neutral B, Up-B
Falco: Side-B, Up-B
Fox: Side-B, Up-B
Ganondorf: Warlock Punch (both normal/reverse), U-tilt
Ivysaur: Bullet Seed
Jigglypuff: Up-B, Down-B, Neutral B (MUST be on edge, since they tend to turn around when approaching edges, cancelling their attack box)
Kirby: Neutral B, Rock
Link: Aerial up-B, U-smash, D-air, Tether Grab
Lucas: PK fire, U-smash, Whiffed PK-thunder
Luigi: Up-B
Ness: PK fire (short hop over it!), Yoyo (U-smash/D-smash), Whiffed PK-thunder
Pikachu: Thunder (only if Pikachu does it while he's moving!), D-smash (?)
Samus: Tether Grab
Sheik: Teleport, Side-B
Snake: F-smash, U-smash (bait it!), taunt, Nikita, Cypher (lol), Aerial attacks (Landing lag)
Sonic: U-smash, D-smash,
Toon Link: Aerial up-B, D-air, Tether Grab
Wario: Bike recovery (Aim above the bike and try to catch him out of the jump)
Wolf: Up-B, Side-B (try to catch him Scarring, or if you see him doing a high side-B recovery)
Yoshi: Side-B (MUST be on edge, since they tend to turn around when approaching edges, cancelling their attack box)
Zelda: U-smash
Zero Suit Samus: Tether Grab
Falcon Kick (Down B)

Damage- 7-13%
Knockback- Close Range (Medium)/ Medium Range(Very Low)/ Far Range (Low)
Death- NO DI,FIRST HITBOX(138-180%) Aerial(117-154%)
Lag-
Speed-
Priority-
About- This is the Falcon's only special that can't be reversed. When using it in the air it pushes you down faster. You don't gain your second jump either. Although if you hit someone with it, they might bounce up depending where you hit them. If you miss its very laggy. Falcon Kick on the ground should be used for far away punishses.If spaced right then it will be hard to be shield grabbed, you will land behind your opponent. It destroys roll spammers. It can also be ledge canceled ,but you would have to remember the exact spot where it will be able to cancel. It has little start up lag so it can surprise your opponent. Although it has a good amount of ending lag.
Setups-
Dthrow(low percentages)>Falcon Kick
Fthrow> Fthrow> Falcon Kick

Extra Info
Alright, I wanted to a info section on one of my Favorite damage dealing moves with Falcon, his Falcon Kick!
I'll try to get the most reliable data I can about this move, from all the different ways of using it and even a small guide to get your opponent with it, now lets see what comes out of this.

Falcon Kick:
The main description of Brawl Falcon's Falcon Kick attack is that it is performed basically by pressing B-Down, either in the air, or on the ground. It sends Falcon flying across a lot of ground, and has many different properties depending how it is used. The way I'll cut this down is to have the different lengths of damage/effectiveness and when I hit the opponent, though I will not provide KO information until later (is handy in Sudden Death, but I don't recommend missing, oops). It has a great chance of going past most projectiles, I will have a section up on that after I get enough combos and basic usage of the move.
The Falcon Kick unfortunately has a sort of ending lag, having most important following moves after it either be fast or some sort of retreat until the enemy has enough damage to be thrown far enough that the lag doesn't matter. Some usage of the move however does not have this problem.

Ground to Ground Falcon Kick:
Falcon Kick on the ground against the Ground basic guide, as follows.
Long Range:
At the longest range possible, with a slight forward knockback we have a 7% damage everytime. The knockback increases slightly each time, hard to combo and is punishable if they see it coming, which most will, or you use it when they have little damage on them, because knock back is terribly low at first.
Medium Range:
This attack does 11% damage, and is in front of the 7% attack frame. This is a very useful range for a hop combo once you get that damage in the opponent as they are sent straight up without directional influence to help them (helps for short hopping an aerial aimed toward them). To compensate for that try and follow them and hit them with a combination of Uair and if you can make it work, Dair, as it Kos better than Uair (in both directions unless they hit a platform) and spikes. This slowly builds up so try comboing it after at least 65% on some of the heavier characters.
Close Range:
This will do the most out of all Falcon Kick ground attacks at any range, 13% damage, and has a knockback able to throw an opponent behind the attack. This requires a close enough proximity and an enemy with low enough damage (some effects change as damage gets higher), so I'd bet my money I'd use it with a roll if I could. Later on this attack loses its chance of knocking the opponent behind the attack, but still can rack up damage and sends them further than long range attack forward. Follow up with a dash move, grabbing, short hopped aerial, or dash attack.

Overall his ground attacks do damage and have basic knock back, but some qualities of moves change when the enemy is in the air landing or beginning a jump:
Long Range Loses some of its knockback.
Medium Range has slightly less affect.
Close range actually has more chance of knocking the opponent backwards longer.

Falcon Kick On Air:
Simply listing the different affects at the different ranges in the air. All of them have a landing lag, either you wish to take it early on. You should have at least a better idea of the knockback that it supplies when the enemy has more damage. Know the chance to give them more damage than they can give you.
Higher Range:
Higher Range Falcon Kicks in the air are usually a good jump and most of a second jump over the opponent, and is the entire Falcon Kick in the air, for easy clarification. Damage hit from the front is 13%, 7% or 11%, varies. It can reach 14% using the hit box in the back of a character, and at some damage levels will just give out 7%. 13% and 11% are good aimed for the middle with fair knockback. There is a spot in the back later on that doesn't even touch the opponent that happens on landing, which can do 9% damage, and knockback here sends them straight up.
At low damages in the back of the opponent it can hit the opponent twice, reaching up to 22%. The reason that this happens is because the Falcon Kick will hit their head, and throw the opponent into the landing frame hitting them again. Ivysaur and DDD are imune to Double hits period because of how their bodies are tossed, nowhere near the landing frame.
Medium Range:
This has the general information of the Higher Range air Falcon Kick, but can have a sweet 22% or 24%, double that is harder to miss with some characters, and more chance of having 9% damage with knockback, and most of the higher 13% to 15% damage as well. Medium Range is so far the only range capable of giving out 24% damage because of the double. It is performed with a simple jump, following the dB (down B) motions. (Reg Samus cannot be hit by the double at Medium Range, while Ganondorf be doubled at Medium range but its very rare)
Low Range:
A simple short hop or jumping and immediately hitting dB. At the right height, will do 15% or 14% damage easily, and has incredible knockback and used right can get an opponent off the stage for use of Falcon's Aerials approaching the 93% damage level on a fairly sized stage like FD. You can use it to send an opponent flying straight up with 9% or 10% damage if you dont' make contact with the opponent. Note that taller characters receive Low Range damage easier because of how close they can be to the Falcon Kick.

While an opponent is jumping depending how far your Falcon Kick falls in the air will determine its damage, having similar affects to all of the attacks in the air. Hitting them right in front of the attack gives them most likely 15%, farther down it varies. You can use a full Falcon Kick in the Air going off the stage, but I warn you,have enough jump to get back up

These different ranges will be referenced for combo information, using the gist of their names. AL kick, Air Low kick, CR kick, Close Range kick, and so forth.

Platform Jumped Falcon Kick:
When jumping from a Platform the kick goes through a different cycle when you have enough height. The full kick goes through, and if there is ground right under the end of the kick Falcon immedietely lands on it like he would if the animation worked correctly. This does 9% damage only, no mater how you do it, and has a good knock back. I don't reccoment this because of how long it takes to use.

Basic Use:
1. Roll behind, or away so that you are still facing the opponent, and Falcon Kick! This works best rolling behind, perfect for hitting the opponent a couple of times and then retreating with a roll and using the kick
2. Jump over them and intentionally Falcon Kick the area behind them either touching or not to send them flying, may result in double hit, works great with a AM (air medium) Falcon Kick so they don't roll away too soon, or sometimes go for the AL kick so they don't get too familiar
3. In the air try and surprise them by getting them hit by a Falcon Kick, sends them away at high precentages easily but try to make it after or during the enemies aerials so they can't dodge, but watch out for Uair that outprioritizes it
4. If the Opponent lands near you use the AL (air low) Falcon Kick, this has a high chance of hitting a landing opponent
5. Submitted by Ayaz18: Use to edgeguard opponents coming back on the stage, even if they use a third jump they can be easily punished, recommended at a height, don't use it too quickly and get up in the air with your jump(s)
6. Good use of this move is to run up to a landing opponent and use Falcon Kick, make sure you have enough room to get you out of range if it fails, like going off stage or hitting them at least mid range with the attack
7. Jumping from the ledge (where you grab the edge and then jump) back onto the stage against a close opponent
8. Moving around the stage against a player with invicibility frames, don't try to leave yourself open, try to use it to get of the stage then grab the ledge
9. Attack an enemy that has to turn to attack, the chance of them dodging when they aren't able to attack are slim, and the opponent can only get away by jumping or running away(I've not seen a lot of opponents go at me by jumping backwards for a Backward aerial lately), can hit from long distances easily
Combinations:
1. Dtilt and follow up with a Falcon Kick, works great, I haven't seen them spot or air dodge it (not recommended at high precentages) but it can be defended by a shield, watch out for that
2. Submitted by Ayaz18: Use a forward grab attack/down throw and follow up with a Falcon Kick, or Raptor Boost, Falcon kick can work this at high damage precentages even if you throw them off the stage, beautiful combo! Note that some people will fall faster than others, making this harder to use with, and the down throw is useful for hitting them with Falcon Kick upon landing when the damage gets higher.
3. After hitting an opponent with the Falcon Kick try either going for a forward tilt attack, or a shield grab if they are close enough because the opponent may try to hit you as soon as they recover trying to take advantage of the Falcon Kick's lag, or try hitting them first with forward tilt and then Falcon Kick, will work for some time
4. Fast fall Nair then use Falcon Kick to follow it up

Other Information:
Projectiles and other Specials:
This is a small information stockpile of specials and projectiles the Falcon Kick will go through, or be stopped by. Guide is marked by letters- P is for Pierce, and S is for Stopped and not damaged, other information will be added after the letters.
Mario: Neutral B: S

I will continue this section when I can get someone to help me with moves that I cannot perform on my own
I will continue this guide to the best of my abilites and update it on the internet directly. Good Feedback will be appreciated.

Raptor Boost (Side B)

Damage- 7%
Knockback- Medium
Death- NO DI()
Lag-
Speed-
Priority-
About- This is a decent punisher. It's very laggy if you miss though, so try not to. It can be reversed to gain more distance. It is also a spike in the air. If you recover with this than you would land a do a mock waveland, which causes you to slide across the stage. You ever miss near a ledge the do a haduken to save your life. It can also sweetspot ledges. This is a spacing and juggling move. It launches your opponent into the air. There is no lag on this move but if you miss you do a tripping animation. Don't underestimate this move it can be very useful. It punishes dodgers and rollers better than the Falcon Kick. Oh yeah, please don't do the n00b combo (Raptor Boost>Falcon Dive) it's way too punishable. In the air it's hard to punish this move if shielded because you will be able to bounce over it.

Falcon Dive (Up B)

Damage-
Knockback- Medium
Death-NO DI(129-170%)
Lag-
Speed-
Priority-
About- It has greater range and high priority. This can reversed, when reversed you can teleport a bit further. When doing a reverse falcon dive to recover you will do like a slide. This can be used like a shield grab, instead of grabbing you can dive, although you shouldn't do this too much. If someone ever edgehoggs you and doesn't move, falcon dive will destroy them. This is mostly used to recover though. Also many true combos can be done with the dive. This is very easy to control.

Smashes

(Up Smash)

Damage- 21-29%
Knockback- High
Death-NO DI,BOTH HIT(83-126%)
Lag-
Speed-
Priority-
About- Usually people don't use this to kill. Most of the time people use this with the hyphen smash. It makes your usmash slide along whatever your standing on. If you are close to someone and it may drag them in a bit, ten attack them. Usmash has a total of two hits. The first one reels you in and the second one launches you. This also works if your opponent is laying on the floor.

(D Smash)

Damage- Front(18-25%) Back(16-22%)
Knockback-Front Leg(Very High)/ Back Leg(High)
Death- NO DI,BACK LEG(93-124%) FRONT LEG(80-107%)
Lag-
Speed-
Priority-
About- This is your most reliable kill. It hits on both sides of you. This punishes rollers ,so try to predict where your opponent could be rolling. Range is pretty good too. Harder to punish than his other moves because of its pushback. Although you shoudn't use this as your only kill move, it's great in all but your opponent will catch on and know what move you use to kill. It is also possible to get hit by both legs.

(F Smash)

Damage- 19-26%
Knockback- Very High
Death-NO DI(86-116%)
Lag-
Speed-
Priority-
About- You can increase its range by doing a stutter step. Start up lag is pretty laggy though. It's a bit more powerful than dsmash ,but I'd still recommend using dsmash because its range is better and it hits in both directions. Try to save it until you have a guaranteed hit. You can also change the direction of Falcon's Fsmash. You can move Fsmash in the northeast or northwest, normal, southeast or southwest. When fsmash is aimed up or in the northern direction it has the most knockback and damage. When aimed downwards it has the least damage and the least knockback.

Aerials

(Nair)

Damage- 1st Kick(4%) 2nd Kick(6%)
Knockback- 1st Kick(Very Low)/ 2nd Kick (Medium)
Death-NO DI,BOTH HIT(133-171%)
Lag-
Speed-
Priority-
About- This is good for comboing big people like Ganondorf,King DeDeDe, ect. The second kick hits 2 more percentage than the first hit. Note that I do not recommend you to use this as a approach when your opponent is in the air against people like Samus,Luigi, ect. they will just pull out nair. If you miss nair by a few centimeters, then i say follow it up with jabs. The first hit of nair has set knockback so it has combo ability.

Knee of Justice (Fair)

Damage- Sweetspotted(19%) Flubbed(3-6%)
Knockback- Sweetspotted(Very High)/ Flubbed(Low)
Death-NO DI,SWEETSPOTTED(61-84%)
Lag-
Speed-14 Frames
Priority-
About- This can be used as both a damager or killer. It's very situational though. Flubbed knee is used as a damager. The sweetspotted knee is used as a killer most of the time. Ledge hopped knees is one of the best ledge hopped moves besides uair. Don't use it too much, bad landing lag and easily shield grabbed especially if sweetspotteda. The flubbed knee can cause people to trip sometimes. If your opponent trips than there are many options you can do to connect a two hit combo, I'd suggest The YES Combo(Flubbed knee>opponent trip>upB) though. Knees also works great against people above you on platforms. Sweetspotting the knee is all about timing and not hitbox. Want to learn more? GO HERE

Nipple Launch (Dair)

Damage- 14%
Knockback- Feet(Low)/ Nipple Area(Very High)
Death-NO DI,FEET AREA(138-196%) NIPPLE AREA(80-106%)
Lag-
Speed-
Priority-
About- This is the only move so far that can be chained into a sweetspotted knee. Dair has two different spikes, one that launches you diagonally and one that spikes you down. When you hit your opponent near the feet area, they will be launched downwards. If they get hit above that area then they will be launched diagonally. You can execute this with no lag if your on the ground. Like nair if you barely miss, jabbing is a good follow up. Dair has three different knockbacks. They are normal knockback, extended hitbox, and trip. They are all based on timing. The trip has no combo ability due to landing lag being longer than histun.

(Bair)

Damage- 12-14%
Knockback- Sweetspotted(High)/ Non-Sweetspotted(Medium)
Death- NO DI, SWEETSPOTTED(95-126%)
Lag-
Speed-
Priority-
About- I'd say this is his best edgeguard and gimp next to the knee. It launches pretty far if sweespotted. This move is harder to punish compared to fair and dair. If you are facing your opponent the opposite way then I'd say use this to approach them. It is an all around move, it can edgeguard, kill, and damage.

(Uair)

Damage- 10-13%
Knockback- Outer Hitbox(Medium)/ Close(High)
Death-NO DI,OUTER HITBOX(121-159%) CLOSE(113-147%)
Lag-
Speed-
Priority-
About- The best aerial or even move falcon has. It kills, combos, damaging, gimps, and is harder to punish. It is basically an all around move. Although the main purpose of uair is to build up damage.This is the best ledge hop option. Usually if you hit them with the tip and back of uair they will not be able to punish you. The safest aerial to use IMO. This is and alright gimping option, but it's not very common to use it as a gimping move. This move is pretty spammable.

Tilts

(Utilt)

Damage- 13%
Knockback- High
Death-NO DI(106-139%)
Lag-
Speed-
Priority-
About- I'd say this is falcon's most useful tilt. It has bad start up lag though. It's range is huge. The hitbox (seen above) goes a little bit past his head. It has a disjointed hitbox. This can be very punishable. This is the best move if someone is above you on a platform. This is a pretty good edgeguard too. Spot dodgers can be stopped with this move also, so learn when to use this move. This is a good spacing move. It has great kill power too, especially when used near the edge.

(Dtilt)

Damage- 10%
Knockback-Very Low
Death-NO DI()
Lag-
Speed-
Priority-
About- This move can be used multiple times until your opponent catches on and escapes. Your opponent is caused to bounce up a little, this allows you to use an aerial after. You can usually follow it up with a dash attack, falcon kick, or even raptor boost also. This move is an alright edgeguarder, there are better options out there though. This move is mainly used to combo and build up damage. Try to figure out a set up for yourself using this move, it may become very useful to you. It has good combo ability.

(Ftilt)

Damage- 8-11%
Knockback- Medium
Death-NO DI()
Lag-
Speed- 9 Frames
Priority-
About- It's has very low start up lag. This can be used for a quick counter ,but I would use jabs instead. Although if you know jabs won't reach use ftilt. This can be tilted upward, middle, and downwards. When tilted upwards, it has the most damage and highest knockback. When tilted downwards it has lowest knockback and lowest damage. This is a good spacing move. Falcon's ftilt can also lock. Although it only works until a certain percentage. This move is so underrated and should be used a lot more.

Others

(Grab)
Damage- Each Pummel (2%)
Lag-
Speed-
Priority-
About- You can just poke them, or just use the grab release. His grab release is very useful against certain characters. His pummel doesn't give the most damage ,but doesn't give the least. Usually you can get about 2 pummels in if your opponent knows how to escape a grab. You should always mix up no pummel grabs with pummel grabs.

Damage(Uthrow)- 7%
Knockback- Medium
Death-
About- I'd say this is his worst throw, it is only good at low percentages because it throws your opponent high into the sky, which gives your opponent to escape from you. It's also pretty laggy so...

Damage(Dthrow)-7%
Knockback- Low
Death-
About- This is usually used to get your opponent in the air and set up a combo. Most people follow it up with an uair. This throw is a little overrated. I'd say this is the 2nd most useful throw. It damages less than bthrow and fthrow.

Damage(Bthrow)-9%
Knockback- Low
Death-
About- I use this sometimes by the edge and follow it for a meteor smash, with dair. This throw is used for people with good setups. It also damages more than uthrow and dthrow.

Damage(Fthrow)-9%
Knockback- Low
Death-
About- I like this throw the most of all the other throws. A good set up is fthrow>fthrow. It does not work at 5% and down, and at high percentages. Don't use this each time you do fthrow,they will catch on and punish. Its knockback is pretty good also. It also damages more than uthrow and dthrow.

(Dash Attack)

Damage- 6-8%
Knockback- Low
Death-NO DI()
Lag-
Speed-
Priority-
About- This is usually used as a punisher, if you use it as approach you will probably get punished or shield grabbed. It has a lot of ending lag. This will hit your opponent if he/she is on the ground. Your opponent probably won't stay on the ground though. Anyways I don't think his dash attack is that good, although it does have good combo ability.

Jab (A)

Damage- 1st hit(3%) 2nd hit(2%) 3rd hit(6%)
Knockback- Very Low
Death-NO DI()
Lag-
Speed-
Priority-
About-This is considered his best move. Jab has more priority than most of his other moves. It executes quickly too with barely any lag. You can punish spot dodgers with this, but there are some better options to punish spotdodgers with. The jab has many set ups such as the jab>jab>grab. Jab can stop or jam many moves. This is a great damage builder. You can cancel it by pressing down. Falcon also has an infinite jab. Anyways spam it!!!

b. Tactics
Most people develop their own tactics. Some are very useful like the jab,jab,grab tactic. IMO good tactics are hard to punish and hard to predict. Although you shouldn't use the same tactic over and over, because good players will catch on and find a way to stop it. Change it up a little and be creative.

c. Techniques
The Captain Falcon techniques and combo thread by Face124
Testing/Request and eventual guide By Ayaz18
Show Me Ya Techniques,Tactics By Noodlehead

Techniques should be use resourcefully. Some of them could be very punishable but useful. Learn when to use them and when not to.

Useful
"Rapid Reverse Raptor"Reversed Raptor Boost-Discovered by Krigar
Ex.
Orig. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165970

-How to...
1A."Side-B AWAY from your opponent.
B. Then immediately smash TOWARD your opponent on the joystick.
C. Causing Falcon to reverse the Raptor boost, so he actually goes toward your opponent"

Pros
-He will reach a farther distance
-He will reach his opponent faster
-Easy to do
-Useful against non-projectile people,pokemon,or animals
-Can be used for mind games
Cons
-Doing it wrong might cause you a life,if your near the edge

"Hyphen Smash"Sliding Up Smash
Ex. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUF6ZRgkVrs

How to...
1A.Dash
B.Up Smash(You will slide)

Pros
-Hits opponent on the floor
-Punish rollers
-Edgeguard move
-Slides to a far distance
Cons
-Hard to control

Reverse Falcon Dive
Ex.
Orig. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=183220

How to...
1.The example is for diving to the right while facing left
A.dash/run to the right
B.Falcon Dive(Up-B)
C.Push joystick left
D.Immediately push joystick right

Pros
-Sends you opponent flying the opposite way
-Your opponent wont see it coming
-Kills at about 100% or more
-Can be used as spike

"Salmon Smash" Range Fsmash- Discovered by Z1GMA
Ex. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2A_o2dS0ng
Orig. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=223782

How to...
1A.Quickly tap forward
B.Quickly tap back
C.Fsmash with the C-Stick

Pros
-Increases the range of fsmash

Cons
-Punishable if missed

Good
Short Upsmash
Ex. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8_KR66O3GM

How to...
1A.Dash back,away from your opponent
B.Dash towards your opponent
C.Do an up-smash

Pros
-No slide
-More Accuracy

Cons
-In some situations sliding upsmash is a better option

"Lion Cancel"Aerial Raptor Boost Cancel- Discovered by Lionman
Ex. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyVZfLZ1u7k
Orig. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=224970

How to...
1A.Perform raptor boost near ledge.
B.Hold down the control or joy stick to extend the frames of it. (holding it too long will result in death)

Pros
-Can be used for planking
-Can save you from being punished

Cons
-If you time it wrong you will die
-Can be possibly edgehogged

"Forsaken Recovery"Ledge Hopped Falcon Pawnch -Discovered by Ayaz18
Ex. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25azDqTppyA
Orig. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=181691

How To...
1."(if falcon is hanging on the left ledge)
A.From the ledge flick (yes you have to flick it) the control stick left.
B.Immediately press Y or X to jump.
C.Immediately press b and jam the control stick to the right."
(For wiimote+nunchuk replace Y with C)

Pros
-It can destroy people trying to edge guard you
-More range and kill power than the knee
-It's Epic
-It works on CPUs
-Kill move
Cons
-You're dead if you do it wrong ,so practice before you try it
-If your opponent spot dodges than they can punish you
-The knee is faster

"Backdoor Punch"Falcon Pawnch
Ex. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IFOwVj41TM

How to
1a.Press Up,X,Y,or C if you using nunchuk(jump)
b.Reverse Falcon Punch(you should already know how to do this,if not then your a n00b)

Pros
-This works great for mindgames
-Great kill move
-Can work short hopped or full jump(depends on situation)
Cons
-Very punishable f your opponent reads you

"Falcon Mock Waveland"-Discovered by mesCO
Ex. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KvzuCp_qG0
Orig. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=160828

How to...
1. If falcon is hanging on the left ledge
A.Flick control stick left
B. Jump use X or Y for GCC and C for nunchuk
C. Side B(Raptor Boost)

Pros
-You will bounce over shielders and they wont be able to punish you.
-A way to mix up your moves
-You recover twice as faster compared to a regular raptor boost
-You're invincible to grabs especially teathers
-Easy way to get to the middle of the map
-You can also do this on the ground

Cons
-Works better only on stages that have sloped surfaces
-Left open for an attack

Extra Info...
so if anyone has been reading the testing thread I have been talking a lot about Raptor boost, and even more about the mock-waveland. I want to share with you the importance of this tech and what I have discovered with it recently. First off no vids cause I have no camera (that works) or a youtube account, so im not making any videos about this, I trust that some people on the Falcon boards are smart enough to test this.

First off why is the Mock-Waveland important to Falcon's game? Isn't it only used at Yoshi's Island while recovering at the edges? NO, my friend the Mock-Waveland can be used at a various levels and at various positions. Yoshi's island is only thought to have the edges as places to MW, but in reality you can also MW even at the center of the stage! I have been testing the physics behind this move extensively, it seem's that ANY type of slope allows a MW, including YI's slight indentation floor structure. However the time in which you cancel your jump into a Raptor boost varies, for example on YI the very small slopes have to be canceled quickly and at a certain spot, this spot is near the middle of the stage before it turns flat. In fact if you look at the lines on the stage there should be two kinda small rectangle sections, these sections are Falcon's "hot spots" where Falcon can MW the the edge of the stage if he want's to. For much steeper slopes such as distant planet, you do not need to cancel you jump into a raptor boost that quickly, your really are just simply jumping about half the size of a SH then raptor boosting towards the hill. On distant planet you achieve ridiculously long slides, and all of these slides can be interupted fairy quickly with anything you want; jabs, grabs, Fsmash, Dsmash, ect. Now I know many users are going to say that it's still a situational move, but im going to list a number of counter pick stages and some debated neutral stages later on but im going to talk about how the MW can be effective on flat stages. On flat stages you canot MW at all but the same movement is very useful from my findings. If you enter training of whatever with Falcon on Final D. and try to MW as quickly as you can, in your landing lag you will slide slightly. Next run across FD with Falcon to about the middle and see how much time it takes (by eye, you don't need to go overboard and count the frames) then do the same with the MW. you should notice that the raptor boost travels faster then you running speed (to the middle of FD roughly). Next, around half way to a quarter of the distance of FD from the edge perform a MW, you should have noticed that falcon's sliding animation cancels into a almost falling animation (you know where he says "oops" and flails around at the edge). From this exact position you can cancel this animation into a HADUKEN!!!!11!, so if people have a hard time normally hadukening, they simply do this, because once at the edge hadukening becomes a zillion times easier, and if you don't think it is try it running and then try it when at the very edge. This makes edgehog's way easier and quicker

anyways so those are my thoughts on the MW, im sure there's a lot more to it because of the falling animation cancel but that's all I got for now

here are the confirmed neutral stages the MW works on:

Yoshi's Island- edges and main arena except the very middle little flat spot and the above tilted platform

Counterpicks

Lylat Cruise - the edges and when the stage tilts

Delfino Plaza - the top platform, the edges at it's first stop, the beach section (big MW here), inside the city at the two steep staircases (big MW)

Halberd - the main platform, it has low edges so a quick MW is needed for it to work, but has great results nevertheless

Castle Siege - the starting section has a slope that can be used well, the second part of the level has platforms above that have steep and long hills

Distant Island - already mentioned

Pokemon Stadium - water, and jugle parts have nice slopes for effective use

Pirate Ship - like halberd, it has small slopes on the ship

Sliding+Non-Sliding Moves

o.k, so falcon can only do couple of sliding moves, some are really hard to pull off and some are way easy.

Sliding

Falcon can do sliding jabs, grabs (ridiculous grab range is achieved) and tilts, but you have to input the command really fast, except for Utilt if you have tap-jump off

Non-Sliding

everything else, stops Falcon's momentum (even Falcon punch :( , it's still a great mind-game
"Sliding Jabs"Dash Pivot Cancel- Discovered by Samurai Panda
Ex. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dYvUZHyY_LQ
Orig. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165720

How to...
1A. Run
B. Pivot
C. Jab(Must be timed right)

Pros
- Hard to predict
- Good approach
- Can be reversed

Cons
-N/A​

Useless

"Shock wave Falcon Kick"-Discovered by Garebear
Ex. http://youtube.com/watch?v=X1n4NML39dg @ 25 secs.
Orig. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=162681

How to...
1A.Press Y or X to jump(C wih wiimote+nunchuk)
B.Do a falcon kick immediately
2A.(Wouldn't recommend) Switch your c-stick to special under control options
B.Press up to jump and at the same time press down on the c stick

Pros
-Can be used to set up combos
-Quicker than regular falcon kick

Cons
-Has more lag than regular falcon kick
-Not powerful
-There are better moves you can do
-Very punishable if missed
-Has very little range

"Super Jump"-Discovered CluelessBTD
Ex. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnA6WSRORlo
Orig. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=203881

How to...
1A. Full hop
B. Rising Uair
C. 2nd Jump
D.Uair
E. Uair
F. Jump+ Falcon Kick

Pros
-Allows you to do about 4 uairs before landing

Cons
-Hard to do
-Doesn't really work for Falcon
-Jumps about the length a full hop

Basics
Edgehugging
Ex-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMCOmGH2oaI

How to...
1A.Run toward the edge
B.Quarter-circle the joystick from Down to Back as soon as you walk off the edge

2A.Run/walk/roll to the very edge
B.Quickly press diagonally down

Foxtrot
Ex- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-tBzYAaGu0

How to...
1A.Tap forward to start initial dash
B.Before it ends, tap forward again
Pros
-Helps you move faster
-Sets you up to do certain moves
Cons
-You can be punished by many moves when doing this

Dash Dance
Ex. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PscBUdZVnLM

How to...
1A.Tap a direction
B.Quickly tap the opposite direction

Pros
-Helps your mix up game

Foxtrot Pivot/Dance
Ex. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioUt7qjfh6Y

How to...
1A.Do a foxtrot
B.towards the end of a foxtrot, quickly input [forward>back]
Pros
-Can connect with jab http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYvUZHyY_LQ
-Helps your mix up game
-Can be lead into many other moves

F-smash out of Initial Dash
Ex. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X9oqJEXYMM&feature=related
How to...
1B.Tap Forward
B.Almost immediately C-stick in the direction that you'd like to smash

Extra Info
...It is possible to do a 'super stutterstep' by hitting C-stick as soon as you press [back] in a [forward>back] dash dance. Also possible to do this out of a foxtrot or foxtrot dance.
"Shutter Step"-Increase F-Smash-Discovered by TOMMY
Ex. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wAJhVzX7Zg
Orig. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=147417

How to...
1A.Dash in the opposite direction you intend to hit in
B.Immediately hit the C-stick towards your opponent

2A.Tilt the control forward slightly
B.Hit back on the control stick and forward on the c-stick(Longer F-Smash)

Pros
-Travels further than regular f-smash

"Standing" Pivot Grab
Ex.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA5Gd7oCdBQ

How to...
1A.Quicky input all
B.Back
C.Grab
D.Forward

Extra info
-
..."If you are in full-dash and want to stop momentum to pivot grab, quickly input [grab]>[back]
Pros
-Eliminates lag on throw
-Increases range

"Pivot Wave Grab"Sliding Pivot Grab
Ex.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEhjaL4yV1o

How to...
1A.While in full dash, quickly input
B.Back
C.Grab

Pros
-Eliminates lag
-Increases range
-Better in situations than standing pivot grab

Jab Canceling
Ex .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsIgfiizpy0

How to...
1A.Press A
B. Down
C. Press A

Pros
-Resets jab
-Stops you from infinite jab
-Fast and effective
-Good damage builder

Cons
-N/A

d. Combos
True Combos
*Aerial Combos
Flubbed Knee>Uair
Flubbed Knee>UpB

*Ground
Dair>Knee
Flubbed Knee>Jab
Flubbed Knee>Opponent Trip>Utilt
Flubbed Knee>Opponent Trip>Dtilt
Flubbed Knee>Opponent Trip>Ftilt
Flubbed Knee>Opponent Trip>UpB-(Best damager of the knee trip combos)

Good Setups
Jab>Jab>Grab
Fthrow>Fthrow
Shield>Opponet Hits>Grab
Flubbed Knee>Opponet Trip>Jab>Jab>Grab
Dthrow> Uair
Dthrow>Falcon Kick
Dthrow>Dash Attack
Uair>Jab>Grab

e. Approach
It is very important to mix up your approaches.You the same approaches everytime will get you punished evertime resulting in getting 2 or 3 stocked.

Falcon Kick
Has good range,does about 10%. Good for punishing from far away, but this move is also easily shield grabbed. If you barely hit the front of them then you will get shield grabbed. Although sometimes they wont have that opportunity because you will go behind them. Aerial Falcon kick is very punishible but people don't expect it. If they do they would probably shield which doesnt help them, because the shock bounces them up depending on where you hit them.​

Raptor Boost
Harder to dodge than the falcon kick,and quicker. It's distance could be increased be doing the reverse raptor. If you miss and you are near a edge than you can save your life by doing a hadooken. Don't underestimate this move use it resourcefully. It launches your opponet pretty high. Although this is way more punishible than Falcon Kick if you miss. If you know your opponet is a good dodger then don't use this.​

Nair
Works great on big characters. This move is good for setting up combos. This is one of Falcon's best counter moves too. If you dont space it right and land it a bit short,follow it up with jabs. Don't do it all the time, it will get you shield grabbed.​

Bair
A powerful move if sweetspotted,it can be used to kill too. It's not laggy, you can WoP this. It's knockback is alright. If you are facing the back of someone then this would be a good approach. It's better to RAR bair when you approach with it. You can space this move to avoid being punished.​

Dair
This can be used to launch. Followed up jabs work great for this move too. If you use the lag free dair, it makes you hard to punish. This is a good approach for campers like Olimar.​

f. Kill
Dsmash
This is your most reliable kill. It hits both sides, it's distance is medium. If you want to punish someone and kill them,this works great. Never use this same kill move over and over though. You can easily punish rollers and kill them with this.​

Uair
This is usually followed up after a d-throw or used when someone is on a platform. It has little landing lag,so it's safe to use. It pulls out fast so people might not expect it for the kill. Most the time you send your opponet into the air and wickly pull this out on them. This is also the safest move against someone who counters if you use the tip of it.​

Bair
This is powerful if sweetspotted. It's a pretty good kill move. Its not laggy, its safe to pull out. Most of the time uair is a better kill though, it depends what situation your in. This is one his best gimp moves IMO too. if you are hanging on the ledge you could jump back and use it.​

Fsmash
One of Falcon's most powerful kill moves. It can be angled up, down, or neutral. The angled up Fsmash is the most powerful and has the most knockback and low fsmash has the lowest knockback and damage. If you want to increase to range then stutter step, it reaches pretty far. You can also do a "Salmon Slash" or "x2 Stutter Step"​

Usmash
Hyphen smash is a great edgeguard move. People usually do sliding Usmash instead of a regular one. It can also be reversed, when it's reverse it will stop and not move anywhere. Usmash has a bigger hitbox then it looks like it has. If you are in is range it may pull you in a bit and hit you with both kicks or may weakly hit you with one.​

Utilt
This is great for hitting people on platforms. It's hitbox is pretty big, it goes a little bit behind his head. This is a great edgeguard move too. Although this doesn't kill until your opponet reaches a very high percentage. You can launch your opponent with this and then edgeguard.​

Fair
One of Falcon's epic moves. If it's sweetspotted it will send your opponet flying. You can use a ledged hopped fair, its very useful , just dont use it all the time. You can also do a gimp kill with fair. His fair gimp is pretty useful, if you learn ohw to use it. His flubbed knees are also great, they have many combo options. Especially if your on the ground.​

Falcon Pawnch
Greatest kill move in history. This can be mind gamed into a kill. The 180 and 360 degrees Falcon Pawnch usually works better than the regular Pawnch. Pulling this out randomly might damage you greatly or damgeyour opponet greatly. I'd suggest trying to set it up instead of plling it out randomly though. I'd say the maximum you should pull this out in a game is 1.​

g. Recovery
Raptor Boost
I love this recovery move, it spikes anyone who is in your way unless you get gimped or something. If you do it right on top of the stage while recovering it will result in you doing the mock waveland. If someone is edgehogging you then you can spike them if aimed right above their head. Although for some characters you should never use this to recover.

I'll list them and the reason why...
Bowser- Flame Thrower
Charizard- Flame Thrower
Ganondorf- Stomp(Don't use this all the time,he'll catch on and stomp you)
Mario- Cape​

Falcon Dive
This move can spike edge hoggers if aimed right. It flies pretty far IMO. Although skilled players will never hang on to the ledge, unless they think you won't be able to make it. Sometimes the dive might extend a few centimeters to grab onto the ledge. You can also reverse it and it will cause you to slide on the surface. This is his main recovery move.​

Murder Fist Recovery
In Falcon's case it would be called Falcon Pawnch recovery.Anyways this really doesnt work for Falcon, besides if you aim it wrong and land on the stage thats probably 20% added to your health bar. It works for Ganon because his recovery sucks. I think thismakes your recovery worse.​

Falcon Kick
When high in the air you can do falcon kick,it causes you to fall faster than normally. I wouldn't suggest doing this, it's very punishable if you land on the stage. It's harder to control your Falcon Dive after this. Although this might be a good move to use if your being chased by a projectile. If you ever use it, only use it when your to left or right of the stage. Remember it sends you down diagonally.​

h. taunts
You can do a cancelled taunt on Pokemon Stadium 2 when standing on the tredmills.

Up Taunt or 1 Taunt
*charges up
Eh, this one seems kind of weak to be a Captain Falcon taunt.
Extra Info..
The uptaunt can be a little weak but is made EPIC if used right before a raptor boost.
Down Taunt or 2 Taunt
"Show Me Your Moves"
This is the best taunt in Brawl.You should spam it to make people angry. It is much faster if you are facing left than right.

Side Taunt or 3 Taunt

"C'Mon"
This isnt as great as DTaunt ,but it still rocks. This can be used to lure your enemy when they are at high %.

4. Data/Stats

Useful stats to know< by SmashBrother2008 They're back again!!!

a. Speed
-Runs at a rate of 20 mph
-4th fastest air speed
-3rd fastest fastest falling speed

b.Kill %
SHOW ME YA DATA! Percents for killing by Doggalina

c. Dair to Knee %
Captain falcons autocanceled Dair to Knee combo percents by ToKneeOrNotToKnee

5.Match Ups

a. Stage Guide/Counterpicking
SBR Recommended Rule List: Brawl

Captain Falcon Stage Discussion By Red Alloy

New *neo* FALCON STAGE DISCUSSION By talkingbeatles

Battlefield

About- It has a main platform with 3 hovering over it. It has four background phases of the stage:Morning, Evening,Night,Dawn

Tips- This is a good place for counterpicking against chain grabbers and campers. The platforms help Falcon attack from underneath, Uair works great from attacking underneath. The chaingrabs become short and the platforms help avoid you from camping. This is a good place to abuse Falcon's aerials.

Counterpicking(Good Stage)- Diddy Kong, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, King DeDeDe, Link, Mr.Game and Watch, R.O.B, Pikachu, Sonic, Yoshi

Bad Against- Bowser, Donkey Kong, Falco, Ike, Jigglypuff, Kirby, Luigi, Marth, Mario, Olimar, Peach, Pit, Snake, Toon Link, Wario

Neutral-

Dont Know- Fox, Lucario, Lucas, Meta Knight, Ness, Pokemon Trainer, Samus, Shiek, Wolf, Zelda, Zero Suit Samus

Final Destination

About- A flat platform. The broundground continuously changes. There are no hazrds or moving objects here.

Tips- This is one of Falcon's okay stages. Well you have to approach without any platforms so it may be more difficult especially against campers. The ledge helps you do easier ledge hopped attacks and you can do reverse Falcon Dive recovery that helps you slide a bit to the right when landing. If someone ******** would ever land on the platform while recovering that would be easily punished usng Falcon's speed. The lip edge helps you to Falcon Dive spike your opponet who is edge hogging. Falcon doesnt have many advantages here. Try to avoid campers and chaingrabbers.

Counterpicking
- Snake,

Bad Against-Diddy Kong, Falco, Ice Climbers, King DeDeDe, Kirby, Link, Lucas, Ness,Olimar, Pikachu, Samus, Shiek, Sonic

Neutral-

Don't Know- Bowser, Donkey Kong, Fox, Mr.Game and Watch, Ganondorf, Ike, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Luigi, Mario, Marth, Meta Knight, Peach, Pit, Pokemon Trainer, R.O.B, Toon Link, Wario, Yoshi, Zelda, Zero Suit Samus

Smashville

About- This stage has a main platform and a platform above it that moves left to right slowly. The background changes to match your Wii's internal clock. There are charcters from Animal Crossing who are in the background. About every minute a baloon pops up.

Tips-

Counterpicking(Good Stage)-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Dont Know-Bowser, Captain Falcon, Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, Falco, Fox, Game & Watch, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, Ike, Jigglypuff, King Dedede, Kirby, Link, Lucario, Lucas, Luigi, Mario, Marth, Meta Knight, Ness, Olimar, Peach, Pickachu, Pit, Pokemon Trainer, R.O.B., Samus, Shiek, Snake, Sonic, Toon Link, Wolf, Wario, Yoshi, Zelda, Zero Suit Samus

Yoshi Island

About- The hovering platform tilts vertically and horizontally during gameplay. The main platform has a wave like shape. The background has 4 seasonal changes. (Spring>Summer>Fall>Summer). Sometimes Shyguys might get in your way.

Tips- The mock wave land is an excellent move for this place. Uairs are crazy for this stage, You can use this to gimp player's recovery. Falcon Dives are also good for this stage, this stage helps out the dive's recovery, and you ca't get stuck under he stage. When the top platform is leaning your way and your opponet is on it take advantage of that situation. You can't staage spike here either. The small stage gives a quick death. Heres a summary
Pros:
-Mock-Waveland
-Small stage, bad for projectile whores and Chaingrabbers
-Platform for aerials
-You can do Knee very very easily from the ledge
-You can't Falcon Dive under the stage accidentally
-You can use Uair way easier if enemy is on one of those small chokes
Cons:
-No stagespiking with Bair/Uair/Up-B.
-It's harder to sweetspot knee on this platform because it's moving (at least for me)
-Gay shyguys blocking knee and making you freeze for 1 second or so ;/

Counterpicking(Good Stage) -

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Don't Know-Bowser, Captain Falcon, Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, Falco, Fox, Game & Watch, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, Ike, Jigglypuff, King Dedede, Kirby, Link, Lucario, Lucas, Luigi, Mario, Marth, Meta Knight, Ness, Olimar, Peach, Pickachu, Pit, Pokemon Trainer, R.O.B., Samus, Shiek, Snake, Sonic, Toon Link, Wolf, Wario, Yoshi, Zelda, Zero Suit Samus

Castle Siege

About- There are 3 different phases. Every 40 seconds the stage changes.
Phase 1- You can see fireballs moving i the background and a castle. It has a main platform and two above it. In the middle of the main platform, it is slanted.
Phase 2- You move into the castle. It has two platforms above, but can be knocked down. If you break the statues they will fall and crumble. There are also two slanted platforms near the top.
Phase 3- You get teleported to a lava stage. It has one platform, that is a rock. It slowly tilts left and right. The platform isnt really staight either.
Transition Phase- Staight line across the whole screen. There is a tan background.

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Dont Know- Bowser, Captain Falcon, Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, Falco, Fox, Game & Watch, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, Ike, Jigglypuff, King Dedede, Kirby, Link, Lucario, Lucas, Luigi, Mario, Marth, Meta Knight, Ness, Olimar, Peach, Pickachu, Pit, Pokemon Trainer, R.O.B., Samus, Shiek, Snake, Sonic, Toon Link, Wolf, Wario, Yoshi, Zelda, Zero Suit Samus

Delphino Plaza

About- You start off on floating platform. Every 20 seconds you get on land or on the floating platform. The platform changes up a little everytime. There are many phases so I'm not going to list them. Where you land is random.

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Dont Know- Bowser, Captain Falcon, Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, Falco, Fox, Game & Watch, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, Ike, Jigglypuff, King Dedede, Kirby, Link, Lucario, Lucas, Luigi, Mario, Marth, Meta Knight, Ness, Olimar, Peach, Pickachu, Pit, Pokemon Trainer, R.O.B., Samus, Shiek, Snake, Sonic, Toon Link, Wolf, Wario, Yoshi, Zelda, Zero Suit Samus

Battleship Halberd

About- First you start off on the bottem of the ship. It flies around while you fight for a minute and 20 seconds. It has 2 platforms the main one and one above which is about 3/4ths the size of the bottem one. The main platform has curves at the end. Then you land on the back of the ship I'm guessing. After 30 seconds a beam will aim at one of you/ y'all. Proably you though, Haldberd hates Falcon. Then the canon and claw. If you still haven't killed your opponet within the 3 minutes on the land, the cycle will restart. Metaknight and his stage is broken.

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Lylat Cruise

About- You fight on top of the warship. You go through the Astoid Belt, atmosphere, and space. The stage look like it tilts around and stuff but you really arent affected by it. Just ignore the flashy colors and stuff. It has slight slants on the sides of the stage/main platform and 3 tiny platfoms above with two equla spaces inbetween.

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Pokemon Stadium 1(Melee)

About- Normal- 2 short platforms at the top

Water- The is a windmill with wigs on the right side. It extends close to the ground. It could block your attack too. On the right there is a lake at the bottem and two other platforms.

Grass- There is two platforms stacked on each other and a tree to your right.

Fire- You can see a burning house and a dead tree.

Rock- There is huge rock on the right. In the middle there is like wierd platforms. At the end of the stage there is this where spot where you can just keep on DI'ing into the same spot over and over.

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Brinstar

About- This stage is legendary all the way from 64 I believe. There is a floating platform in the middle. Two other platfroms to the right and left that are held up by a stick like figure. On the main platform there is logs in the middle which can be removed, which causes it to seperate to 2 different peices. Last of all the is the rising acid coming up and down.

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Corneria

About- This one of Falcon's worst counterpick. It has a top section and bottem. Although in thefront of the ship you can avoid people by going down on thelaser thing, but it will destroy you even quicker. Sometimes arwings go into the air and swoop down and shoot lasers.

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Distant Planet

About- This is Captain Olimar's stage. The main platform looks like a hammock. There are three other platforms that look leaves, they are leveled like stairs, but when ou step on them they sink down a bit. Pellets may show up sometimes, if you throw into a Onion you get an item ,but real men don't play with items. There s also a sloped platform to te left, if it rains it will cause you to slide right off, althouh you can recover after you fall. Sometimes a Bulborb might show up, you can stand on it ,but it randomly opens its mouth. That will cause you to fly behind it.

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Frigate Orpheon

About- You can see the Parasite Queen in the background. There is a main platform that breaks into two. The one on the right goes up and donwn. There is also another platform going left to right on top. When it flips to a 180 degrees the stage changes. The main platform slopes in. There is another one that is on top of it. There are also two seperate platforms to the left and right. These are not safe at all, they can drag you out the stage.

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Green Hill Zone

About- There is a shuttle loop in the background. Tails, Knuckles, and Silver pass by sometimes. The stage looks like a ramp that connects to a bridge. Sometimes a spinny thing may pop out, whoever hits it first is invicible to it. The stage can cut into 3 three different sections too.

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Jungle Japes

About- There are four platforms, all held by stilts. The two in the middle are the biggest. There are also one to the left and right. Sometimes a dragonfly(?) may show up. It's an instant death.

Tips-
Japes.

If you DI everything up, you will live FOREVER; Japes has a stupid, ridiculously, questionably (lol) high ceiling. Assuming you DI the right way, including momentum canceling along with proper DI, you can easily live close to 200 percent on every stock. The un-even platforms allow you to avoid projectile spam and camping pretty well.

Also, aerial raptor boosting from either of the outer platforms back towards the center is safe as long as you don't...er....act stupid with it. lol. But essentially, if you think someone's going to jump approach you while on either of the outer platforms, raptor boost their aerial approach; you'll either spike them into the water or float by them and land in the middle with enough time to recover after the landing lag.

One last thing: The Clap Trap (the fish who spikes if you get hit by it in the water) is NOT RANDOM. The Clap Trap, or as peach mains like to call him, clappy ...runs on a 10 second timer. So for example, if you see the Clap Trap swim under the right platform at the 6:34 mark in a match, keep track in your head; the Clap Trap will come back around every ten seconds, at 6:24, 6:14, 6:04, etc....

Word of advice: Other characters are very good on this stage. Falco for obvious reasons, Link and Toon link (although against Toon Link all of his vertical killing moves are almost moot due to the high ceiling), Peach (yep ), and snake (never dies on this stage and his explosives are almost invisible on the platforms). Take note though: You can survive being spiked into the water as long as you time your jump right. The timing isn't too bad, just pracitce.

So, long CP rant aside (lulz :p), I think this is a good stage for Falcon.

Add this to Japes' tips section ;)

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Luigi's Mansion

About- When no one is in it, it won't let you see inside. The ledges are similar to Pokemon Stadium 1. There are 6 different room. There is a pillar on the rooms near the wall. These can be knocked down. There are 2 floating platforms in the middle of the bottem level. You can also fight on top o the house, similar to fighhting when the house is knocked down. If the house is down, it will grow back soon.

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Norfair

About- There are 5 total platforms. Lava can come at you from any direction. The platforms are spread out as a stair like shape. When lava comes a safety hatchet may show up.

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Pictochat

About- Ths is like a Final Destination except random draawngs show up , it's the length of Battlefeld, and the lip is different. Drawings that just get in your way are the tree, the head and hand, and the whale. The fire damges you for a few seconds deending what damage you have, and where you hit it. The wind pushes you to the ledge. The roller coaster or wagon hurts, although you can jump on top of it. The box stairs can trap you, but you can escape it. It also keeps enemies out for a while. The ship does the same. There are also spikes, you know what spikes do.

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Pirate Ship

About- sigh... many details. It has 2 platforms right above of the ship. Sometimes a lever may show up and laucnh you. Sometimes a smaller ship may show up. Later he ship will tip over into rocks for like 30 seconds. A ship will shoot canonballs at you or your opponet at random times too. When you see a tornado in the background, it will lift you into the air.

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Pokemon Stadium 2(Brawl)

About- The stage is obviousy similar to number 1 except the special stages are different. The ice part will cause you to slide across the whole stage. It has two slanted platforms on each side. The ground section will have two floating platforms. Random pokemon and tools in the background. It also has a huge rock to the left. The wind stage justs takes away your gravity, you get to float around and stuff. The eletric stage has two platforms in the middle. There are electric pokemon in the back powering the left and right side like a tredmill.

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Rainbow Cruise

About- The airship is much like the pirate ship, small differences. This stage takes you round and round into a cycle. blah,blah, blah

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Yoshi Island(Pipes,Melee)

About- Yehs! last one. It has 3 pipes to the left. The main pipe is sloped. There is a total of 9 blocks, that can be flipped. All the way to the right there is a sloped ground. Also in the background there is the man that throws those red spike animals.

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Dont Know-Bowser, Captain Falcon, Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, Falco, Fox, Game & Watch, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, Ike, Jigglypuff, King Dedede, Kirby, Link, Lucario, Lucas, Luigi, Mario, Marth, Meta Knight, Ness, Olimar, Peach, Pickachu, Pit, Pokemon Trainer, R.O.B., Samus, Shiek, Snake, Sonic, Toon Link, Wolf, Wario, Yoshi, Zelda, Zero Suit Samus

b. Priority Guide
Priority Guide By Noodlehead

c. Match Up Guide
Moves and Match Up Guide:Submission Thread By Wogrim

How to Show Your Moves(Moves and Match Up Guide) By Wogrim

Captain Falcon's MANLY Matchup Guide/Discussion Thread By Majora younglink

The New and Hopefully improved Captain Falcon matchup thread! By Player-3

d. Basic Match Up Guide
Bowser (King Koopa)
He is an okay match up ,not too horrible. You should always stay off the platforms when playing against a Bowser.If you're under you have the advantage, but if your above you have the disadvantage. The knee and dair is easier to pull off on him compared to other characters. His fire breath and fortress makes him harder to fight though. If you get stuck in the fire breath DI toward him and upB. Bowser has range and priority over falcon. I'd say abuse him with your speed. Bowser's power is too great. If you try to chase him if he is in the air then he would probably counter you with fair. His UpB on the ground is rediculous. It will own your shield. DO NOT edgeguard is down B is ownage. If he shield any of your approaches the you will be punished. If Bower is at high percentages watch out for your life, he might try to lure you into a bowserside. Oh yeah the rule is if bowser suicides you on both of y'alls last stock then he wins. Don't underestimate him, lots of tricks up his sleeve. Don't grab release on this guy either. He can chain grab every character.

Captain Falcon

Diddy Kong

Donkey Kong

Falco
It's very had to approach him because of his lazers and reflector. Although you must aproach him or he will just camp and shoot lazers at you until you are at kill percentage. The best way of stopping lazers is to perfect shield. His chaingrab on falcon is absolutely rediculous. If you get chaingrabbed at a low percentage close to a edgge it's all over. He will chaingrab then spike you. His upB recovery is fairly easy to gimp, just use a flubbed knee. If he is close watch out for Lazer>Usmash. Your jab, grab does not work on Falco. His jabs will just keep slapping you everytime you try it. His nairs will also out prioritize your grab.

Fox

Mr.Game and Watch (Mr. Lame and Watch)
This is another one of Falcon's many difficult match ups. He's hard to approach, has a projectile, turtle, and has long lasting hit boxes. He is light so you might be able to kill him at an early percentage. His bucket is a problem but remember it has a lot of lag on it. You shouldn't roll behind because he will punish you with dsmash if you do. Every time he uses dthrow don't just stand there. his Up Smash has super armor so be careful. You can't really edgeguard because of his upB recovery. When approaching from above he/she might throw bacon at you so keep aware of that. His roll dodge is slow so you'll be able to punish him. Keep your spacing and mix up game.

Ganondorf (Ganny)
I think ganondorf is all about mindgames. Ganon has slight advantage, but you should use speed against him. When he is recovering,if you have more damage than him, go in and make him ganoncide. It's also easy to pull knees on him obviously. Most of his moves kill you so beware. He has a good tech chase, it will build up alot of damage if you are predictible. Since he is heavy and slow he is pretty easy to juggle. Gimping him is pretty safe also IMO. He has the stongest spike n the whole entire game so beware. Usually ganons may edgeguard with utilt, it has alot of range but it takes ages to execute. Sometimes dtilt too. Ganons tend to rely on defense, by shield grabbing and punishing.Ganon will not appraoch you because of your speed. hey will predict your roll and punish. His jabs, sparta kick, and usmash pulls out pretty fast though. Most of the timeyou will be punish with jabs, it has lots of IASA frames. His roll sucks, you must punish. His dash attack has much piority over falcon,but has alot of ending lag. Ganon has a better priority, range, kill moves.

Ice Climbers

Ike
It's fairly easy to gimp his side B, all you do is jump in front. Use speed against him. Don't worry about his counter it's pretty slow so most Ike's wont pull it out. To build up damage they will most likely Jab>Cancel>Jab>Jab>Jab. n00b Ikes are jab happy. His neutral B in the air has super armor, so be cautious. Falcon kick and Raptor Boost can punish his aerials. Build up damage by grabbing and juggling him. Try not to jab him, he'll counter it with his jab. His best moves are fair and jab.

Jigglypuff

King DeDeDe
He's a fat guy who destorys Falcon with his range, priority, projectiles and of course chaingrab. Since he's big nair works on him, the knee also works on him but if sweetspotted it could be extremely easy to shield grab. Stayed spaced against him, just incase him misses a move you can go in and punish him. His bair wall of pain destoys Falcon. I don't think you can stop it with Falcon Dive because bair is way faster. The only thing I would suggest is air dodge and try to escape. If he throws any Waddle Dees try to shad past them. Stay safe and use moves with little lag. Falcon Dive works on his dair and upB.

Kirby

Link

Lucario

Lucas
Try to space and punish when playing him. If Lucas is facing backwards, its easier to gimp him or hit him. Falcon dive works good on his pk thunder recovery too. He is a bit tougher to gimp then Ness. Some Lucas' will dodge then punish.

Luigi (WIIGEE)
He mainly approaches with his aerials but sometimes they may mix up their game and use a different approach. If you approach expect some fireballs. It's extremely hard to combo him while he's in the air due to his nair and fair. Meaning don't Dthrow, Raptor Boost, or Uthrow and try to follow them up with an aerial. It's safe to approach Luigi because he has a difficult shield grabbing. He doesn't have much tractability. Luigi can easily juggle Falcon, he has ridiculous combo ability. I'd suggest you not to edgehog him unless he's using his upB recovery. His tornado and fair can stage spike you. It is very important that you space in this match up.

Mario

Marth (Martha)
His range destoys you, he out prioritizes most of your moves too. He's hard to gimp, the only way to gimp him is aiming Falcon's dair right on top of his upB. If he ever sees that you are trying to gimp he will upB. Raptor boost is a great punish against Marth. If you ever go in the air with him, he'll probably nair you. Usually he edgeguards with dtilt,a smash.His fair gimp is rediculous try to avoid it. Never mock waveland onto the stage. His spaced fair can't be shield grabbed, which sucks. The dacing blade punishes everything on the ground. Ftilt is a good move to use against him. The best way to build up damage is to punish him and grab like crazy. Take advantage of his laggy smashes. Stay spaced and try to avoid being hit by the tip of his sword. Play good defense.

Metaknight (Metaspam)
This obviously is one of his worst match ups. The only thing that falcon has against him is being manly. Speed, priority, range, everything goes to him. I'd say use falcon kicks, falcon dives, utilt, and jabs. His priority and speed are rediculous. His approaches are too good.You don't dont have many options so you would have to adapt to the way your opponet plays and punish. Oh yeah dont get repetitive either. Playing defense is the only way you will beat him, most mks would approach you anyways, the best time to punish is when mk uses the tornado. when he uses his side B try to run near to edge because it chases you. Use all your mindgames. NO edgehogging and gimping, like a dummy. Space yourself. Dont ever try to fight him in the air, you know why. To stop the shuttle loop try to falcon dive it. If you ever get a chance to grab then grab release to a knee or something. This match up is a theory of why Falocn is bottem tier.

Here are some helpful threads about MK:
Anti Tornado Attack List By Ulevo
Tips vs MetaKnight By Mew2King

Ness
FIRST OF ALL, Chaingrab him!!! You can easily stop his pk thunder recovery, and kill him. Remember if he uses the other pk thunder hit him and it will no longer work. Do not get spike by him, its rediculous. I believe its the second strongest in the game. Utilt is safe against him. Edgehogging will cause you to die at a certain pecentage. Falcon Dive works great on him. Chasing him after a dtrow isnt smart at all,he just counters with fair. Use a variety of approaches if you use the same ones like dash attack,raptor, and kick they will proably pk fire you then follow up with dash attack or usmash.

Olimar (Captain Olimar)
One of Falcon's most difficult match ups. His grab game completly desttoys 3/4ths of your approaches. The only way to approach is the air. If you would approach with a raptor or kick then the pikmin would stop you in your tracks. You must approach him also, if you don't then he will just sit and throw stupid pikmins at you. The red ones aren't harmed by any of your specials either. He is easier to kill compared to other characters but you know. Edgeguarding him isn' that hard either.Gimping is your easiest wway to kill him. Bair also works greeat on light wieghts. Learn the difference between his moves. Never get on platforms. SHADing is a effetive way to approach olimar in some situations. They try to throw you off and distact you with pikmin so dpn't fall for it. EDGEHOG HIM!!!

Peach

Pikachu

Pit

Charizard

Squirtle

Ivysaur

R.O.B (W.A.L.L.E.)
R.O.B. is a hard match up but not to bad. It's moderately hard to edgeguard him because of his ultra long recovery, gyro, and laser. Gimping is out of the question. Don't edgehog him either, it will never work. You will just get damaged. R.O.B. also has a blind spot, it is where he can't hit. It is located underneath him. When you see a gyro coming your way shield, it will make the gyro disappear. Do not do anything that has lag or easily punished. Your opponent will most likely use Dsmash out of shield to punish you, it gets annoying. R.O.B. is a camper therefore will never approach you. Lasers can be angled, and gyros has high knockback and a lingering hitbox. He's actually pretty tall so nair and fair works good. Jabs also work good on him. He will use his fair wall of pain to gimp you, so don't Falcon Dive too late when recovering. Dodge he nairs, they build up a lot of damage.

Samus

Shiek

Snake
Try to stay away from stages with platforms. He will murder you form beneath. Your easiest way to kill is when he is trying to recover meteor smash him or Knee of Justice him. If you can't then just uair. If he uses tilts against you try to shield grab it. Try to tell the difference between his mines and c4's too. The best way to approach is SHAD or powershield. Raptor boost will get destoyed by tilts, aerials will get destroyed by his nair. Falco Kick goes over gernades. To build up damage, try finding a way to throw or launch him up, then juggle him. It might work because he's heavy. Jab cancels work on him also. The only way you would have a chance to beat him is if you mindgame him and space yourself.

Sonic

Toon Link (Tink)

Wario
Wario's bite is ridiculous. You can't approach with any ground move meaning dash attack, grab, falcon kick or raptor boost. It forces you to approach by aerials which makes you predictable. Wario doesn't have projectiles so you don't have to approach, it's better to be on defense. If Wario uses his second jump and you manage to grab him then you can do an infinite grab release on him. Watch out if there is a wheel near him, he has a ridiculous combo: grabs you>grab release>pick wheel up>glide toss fsmash or glidetoss waft. His dair owns your shield. If Wario approaches you with the bike then try to knee him. Abuse the jab and grab release against him. Watch out for random farts, it becomes fully charged when Wario starts glowing.

Wolf

Yoshi

Zelda

Zero Suit Samus (Zamus)

6.How Is He Doing

a. Tourney Results
Manliest Tourney Results By Noodlehead

b. Ranking List
Character Ranking List by Ankoku

c. Official SBR Tier List
The Official Brawl Tier List v3.0

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

d. Best Falcon IMO/Best Vid

Champ Champ(Falcon) vs Sbeezy(Lucario)

Rebaz istudy(Snake) Vs Rebaz(Captain Falcon)

SilentSpectre SilentSpectre(Falcon) vs MikeHAZE(Marth)

RoyR RoyR(Falcon) vs Melee1 (Ice Climbers)

TheReflexWonder Reflex (CF) Vs Desu (MK)

Kyte Kyte(Falcon) vs Joe(TLink)

zkid zkid(C. Falcon) vs soul(Marth)

Ayaz
He Doesn't have any videos of his Falcon. =(

7. Items
WELCOME TO n00b SECTION!!!

a. Summary
When playing with items Falcon has a slight advantage. Since Captain Falcon is the second fasted character, he has an advantage getting items. You really shouldn't play with items, but oh well.This section is for you.

b. Final Smash

Damage- First hit (10%) Second (19%-21%) Third Hit (9%-10%)
Knockback- Very High
Death-
Lag- N/A
Speed- 12 Frames, Lasts 7 Frames
Priority-Very High(Beats every move)
About- The Blue Falcon hits a total of three times. This is the only cinematic Final Smash in the game. his Final Smash isn't the best ,but isn't the worst. It's range is very short, but it is very powerful.
For more information go HERE

c. Item Tips
-Don't grab the bunny ears, it makes Falcon too fast and hard too play
-Grab the fan, it has an infinite
-When you grab the clock and your opponent slows drastically, you can knee your opponent repeatedly until the time goes back to normal

8. Miscellaneous

a. How To Unlock
By Smash Bros. DOJO!!!
• Play 70 Brawls
• Beat Classic Brawl Mode on the Normal difficulty setting or greater in less than 12 minutes
• Get Captain Falcon to join your party in The Subspace Emissary
• With the exception of the last of the three methods listed above, you’ll need to face Captain Falcon in a brawl and beat him after satisfying the above conditions to unlock him.

b. costumes

c. Smash Terms

AC- Auto-Cancel
Air Dodge- Dodging in the air by preesing the block button
AT- Abbreiviation for advance techniques
B-Sticking- Putting your B moves on your C-stick
Chuck Norris- A real life person that Captain Falcon was based off of
DAC- Dash Attack Cancel
DI- Directional Influence
Dash Dance- Moving the control stick rapidly left to right at the start of each frame
Edge Hog- Hanging on the edge and trying to prevent your enemy from recovering
Edgeguard- Trying to stop your enemy from recovering
FF-Fast Fall
Footstool- Jumping on top of an enemy's head
Foxtrot- Dashing
Frame- Animation in its smallest form
Hitbox- The area where an attack hits
Hitlag- The frames after an attack is used
GC- Chain grab
GCC- Gamecube controller
Grab Release- When your opponet trys to break free from a grab
IASA Frame- Interupt as soon as frame
Infinite- An enescapable way to build damage, but it must be done a certain way.
Knockback- How far you send someone flying
Lag- Animation where you can't do anything
Ledgehop- Hopping over a ledge
Meteor Smash- Spiking or sending someone down with an attack
OoS- Out of Shield
Perfect Shielding- Shielding at one of the first frames,no damage is done to your shiled
Pivot Grab- Grabing while dashing
RAR- Reverse Rush Aerial
SDI- Smash Directional Influence
SH- Abbrieviation for short hopping
SHAD- Short Hop Air Dodge
Spacing- Setting up how muchyou have between you and your opponet before or after an attack
Spike-Attacking your enemy and sending them downward
Spot Dodge- To shield while pressing down
Stall- To hang and or attack the ledge and prevent from game playing
Super Armor Frames- Frames from attack that recieves no damage
Sweetspot- The section where an attack hits the most
Tech- Pressing L or R right before you hit the floor
Tech Chase- a move that is used to chase your opponent
Wall jumping- Jumping off a wall
Wiichuk- Wiimote+Nunchuk

d. Extra Information
F-Zero [1990]
F-Zero X [1998]
Super Smash Brothers 64 [1999]
F-Zero Maximum Velocity [2001]
Super Smash Brothers Melee [2001]
F-Zero GX [2003]
F-Zero GP Legend [2004]
F-Zero Climax [2004]
Super Smash Brothers Brawl [2008]

Age-37

e. Credits
Thanks you for helping out with ...
DAIR TO KNEE %-ToKneeOrNotToKnee
INFORMATION AND LIST OF PUN(CH)ISABLE MOVES- Tenki
REASONS TO MAIN FALCON, AND OTHER ADDITIONAL INFORMATION- SmashBrother2008
DEATH PERCENTAGES- Doggalina
TIPS ABOUT JUNGLE JAPES- Iwan
TIPS ABOUT YOSHI ISLAND- Ville
MOVESET TIER LIST- Ozz3000
INFORMATION ABOUT TECHNIQUES- Face124
INFORMATION ABOUT SPACING, GIMPING,MINDGAMES, AND THE MOCK WAVELAND - Ayaz18
PICTURE OF COSTUMES- Ferio Kun
INFORMATION ABOUT FALCON KICK- ChibiPichu

MarTh-

Smash Apprentice
cool good to see a guide coming up. I'll edit this post later if I get any ideas to help :)

Smash Apprentice
There's a point I've never stated here before, but I think his best and safest killing move is Uair. I know it's also great for racking up damage, but I always keep it fresh so it can kill an enemy off the stage or close to the edge at ~120-130%.
You should state that Falcon is really limited at killing moves, cuz this:
e. Kill
Falcon Pawnch!!!!!!!
Utilt
Usmash
Dsmash
Fsmash
Uair
Bair
Fair
Looks like plenty a lot, but only reliable ones are Dsmash, Uair and Bair, rest is pretty much based on luck.
The knee is very, very situational. You should never _try_ to use it, but only if theres the situation like landing lag after a recovery or so.

Of course, things like matchup explanations and so on are important, but I think you should focus a little more on the direct "how to play"-part.

Apart from that it looks pretty good.

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
There's a point I've never stated here before, but I think his best and safest killing move is Uair. I know it's also great for racking up damage, but I always keep it fresh so it can kill an enemy off the stage or close to the edge at ~120-130%.
You should state that Falcon is really limited at killing moves, cuz this:

Looks like plenty a lot, but only reliable ones are Dsmash, Uair and Bair, rest is pretty much based on luck.
The knee is very, very situational. You should never _try_ to use it, but only if theres the situation like landing lag after a recovery or so.

Of course, things like matchup explanations and so on are important, but I think you should focus a little more on the direct "how to play"-part.

Apart from that it looks pretty good.
ok thanks, i will add a description for each kill move after im done doing the other sections. i try to add a how to play section to

Roager

Smash Ace
To a degree, this is truth. But at the same time, Knee is my favorite edgeguard. If it sweetspots, awesome. But even it doesn't, it's still a gimp, and it opens the opponent up for a u-air, which'll kill, unless they're ROB or something.

Plus, I agree with U-air being a great killer. But I never really use it for that, unless i can't manage to land any other killers, like Dsmash.

peeeetah

Smash Cadet
sure the knee is a situational move. what you gotta do is force those kinds of situations on them. say you're good at kneeing someone out of their recovery landing lag. well then you can force them to recover. as falcon you gotta be really active at forcing favorable situations. and when i say active i don't mean aggressive. i mean consciously thinking about how to take advantage of every little mistake your opponent makes. every frame of vulnerability.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Terms should be at the end, techs should be after the moves, needs more pictures and color for readability, just don't pick the hard to read ones like red.

CptAwesome

Smash Rookie
This is a great guide you have provided. The FThrow to FThrow sounds like a good idea, and the killing blows seem just about right. Altogether awesome!

peeeetah

Smash Cadet
uhhhh the section on the knee... there actually is no "sweetspot" on the knee. the only thing that affects the sweetspot is the timing. if you hit someone with any part of his leg (the kneeing leg) within the first few frames the knee, it will sweetspot. i'd remove the little blue section from the hitbox picture. that's the melee hitbox.

Iwan

Smash Ace
Japes.

If you DI everything up, you will live FOREVER; Japes has a stupid, ridiculously, questionably (lol) high ceiling. Assuming you DI the right way, including momentum canceling along with proper DI, you can easily live close to 200 percent on every stock. The un-even platforms allow you to avoid projectile spam and camping pretty well.

Also, aerial raptor boosting from either of the outer platforms back towards the center is safe as long as you don't...er....act stupid with it. lol. But essentially, if you think someone's going to jump approach you while on either of the outer platforms, raptor boost their aerial approach; you'll either spike them into the water or float by them and land in the middle with enough time to recover after the landing lag.

One last thing: The Clap Trap (the fish who spikes if you get hit by it in the water) is NOT RANDOM. The Clap Trap, or as peach mains like to call him, clappy ...runs on a 10 second timer. So for example, if you see the Clap Trap swim under the right platform at the 6:34 mark in a match, keep track in your head; the Clap Trap will come back around every ten seconds, at 6:24, 6:14, 6:04, etc....

Word of advice: Other characters are very good on this stage. Falco for obvious reasons, Link and Toon link (although against Toon Link all of his vertical killing moves are almost moot due to the high ceiling), Peach (yep ), and snake (never dies on this stage and his explosives are almost invisible on the platforms). Take note though: You can survive being spiked into the water as long as you time your jump right. The timing isn't too bad, just pracitce.

So, long CP rant aside (lulz :p), I think this is a good stage for Falcon.

Add this to Japes' tips section ;)

Player-3

Smash Hero
good stuff iwan :p

its one of DKs best stages too due to the fact hes one of the ONLY people who can kill on it with his Usmash, and down cargo throw spikes

but yeah japes could be good for falcon if you play agaisnt people like link or someone with horrible recoverys, otherwise dont pick the stage

Iwan

Smash Ace
good stuff iwan :p

its one of DKs best stages too due to the fact hes one of the ONLY people who can kill on it with his Usmash, and down cargo throw spikes

but yeah japes could be good for falcon if you play agaisnt people like link or someone with horrible recoverys or vertical kill moves, otherwise always pick this stage
Fixed :p

Japes is a good falcon counterpick in general imo.

RMMF

Smash Cadet
Nice guide, especially the reasons why to main him, that + more suites me haha...his mind games are awesome.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Idk why I didn't see this earlier. Great guide! It's actually the best I've seen on all of the boards now... lol
---------------------------------------

Please note that I fixed the graphs section that you linked to in the Data Section (yes, they're there again).

And in the Data section under "a. speed" you should add that Captain Falcon has #4 fastest air speed and #3 fastest falling speed.
"pros and cons" - CF is actually heavy weight, assuming you're using the featherwight-lightweight-mediumweight-heavyweight-superheavyweight system.

The uptaunt can be a little weak but is made EPIC if used right before a raptor boost.

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
Idk why I didn't see this earlier. Great guide! It's actually the best I've seen on all of the boards now... lol
---------------------------------------

Please note that I fixed the graphs section that you linked to in the Data Section (yes, they're there again).

And in the Data section under "a. speed" you should add that Captain Falcon has #4 fastest air speed and #3 fastest falling speed.
"pros and cons" - CF is actually heavy weight, assuming you're using the featherwight-lightweight-mediumweight-heavyweight-superheavyweight system.

thanks and fixed

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Stickied for sexual content.
Good for the sticky. I never wanted to say anything but I've always considered this guide to be the "main" guide out of the bunch. It just seems the most professional and complete. Not that it's considered standard I got a new information coming that should be added at some point.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
Good for the sticky. I never wanted to say anything but I've always considered this guide to be the "main" guide out of the bunch. It just seems the most professional and complete. Not that it's considered standard I got a new information coming that should be added at some point.
A lot of people overlook the "compendium of useful threads," and imo, this thread is most worthy of a sticky.

Top Bottom