• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Falcon Guide v1.1 *Updated June 20th* Minor Changes

Psychoace

Smash Champion
GoD
Dtaunt

Jab
Uair
Bair
Falcon Dive (Up B)
Dsmash
Uptilt

HigH
Dash Attack
Nair
Raptor Boost (Side B)
Dthrow
Falcon Kick (Down B)
Dair
Upsmash

MiDDLe
Fsmash
Fthrow
Knee
Ftilt
Dtilt
Bthrow
Upthrow

BoTToM
Falcon Punch (B)
no..............

Mit

Smash Ace
You know that grab range pic has got to be wrong. It's definitely more dynamic than that. It assumes, from the same distance, Falcon can grab any opponent regardless of height, but I am positive you must be closer to shorter enemies to grab them, especially if they crouch (Kirby).

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
one thing about falcon's bside in the air. if it's done very close to the ground (not the mock waveland height but somewhat near the ground), the hit lands and falcon immediately touches the ground. it's very difficult to do and requires almost precise timing, but i've done it a couple of times, even once during a match. i have a replay on my wii showing me doing it a couple of times against a bowser (i could make another replay with more examples showing it, but i don't have a capture card). i judge it by once your foot touches the ground, but you don't land (inbetween those two). i haven't tried it on wierdly shaped stages, but i only know it to work on flat stages.

Player-3

Smash Hero
battlefield is falcons best stage

well
at least its my best stage

i will cp everyone but ike and marth to this stage

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
... did you guys know that falcon punch can be moved up and down similar to jiggly's sideb in the air? i did it a couple of times, but it's definitely more noticeable with moving down. most likely falcon will land before the wierd effects in the air though, but if used off stage you can do some crazy stuff.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Hey noodlehead! If you think the stuff we've put up on the stage discussion board is relevant go ahead and update. If you have any questions let me know...

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
... did you guys know that falcon punch can be moved up and down similar to jiggly's sideb in the air? i did it a couple of times, but it's definitely more noticeable with moving down. most likely falcon will land before the wierd effects in the air though, but if used off stage you can do some crazy stuff.
What, just normal DI with the analog stick? At least that can help make your hits more precise.

PJGLZ

Smash Journeyman
How do you all do the gentleman? I just hold down the A button, down, gent again. Isn't trying to time your button presses a bit harder?

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
How do you all do the gentleman? I just hold down the A button, down, gent again. Isn't trying to time your button presses a bit harder?
Well, I hold A and then simply let go, and grab. It works just as fine as hitting A twice, and then grabbing.

Holding A and then letting go, during the beginning animation of the 1-2 knee, cancels out the infinite punches that follow the knee, and when you hit A again, it'll start over. If you're not careful, and don't time it correctly, the infinite punches will ensue. I've began using the Captain's Turbo Punch (simply hold A for rapid-fire, single, arm, punching action) to out prioritize a lot of my opponents. Some simply walk into it, as though they don't think it'll beat out a move, and others try to cancel it with a move of their own. Either way, it's effective.

My favorite move with Captain has to be his Utilt. The range on it, is beautiful, and it allows for some of the most deceptive spacing, and greatest edgeguarding ever. (My opinion)

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
What, just normal DI with the analog stick? At least that can help make your hits more precise.
no, the punch moves up or down only slightly, but when you do it downwards when the punch is going out, it looks like you fly down quite a bit faster than you would normally fall (w/o fastfall, so just moving the stick down a little).

velasool

Smash Rookie
under combos can we add Bair(just before hitting stage)Ftilt, not guaranteed but that foot comes out fast

blipped moon

Smash Apprentice
Captain falcon has no weak matchups.

To main captain falcon is a mind game in itself, to be over confident and use falco is another thing. All captain falcon players should be overly confident all the time. We have nothing to lose.

Falcon for high tier.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Indeed. It makes you overlook your opponent's skill and then you get gimped.

Maining Falcon takes a lot of patience, spacing, reflexes, and knowledge of his moveset, and don't forget Utilt... <_< Utilt FTW.

bibleonian

Smash Apprentice
I REALLY hope I'm right in asking this....I didn't see it. How do you do the 360 degree falcon punch? I've tried to turn like I normally do for his 180 but I can't get the 360. I didn't see it in the guide.

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
i dont know if anyone has tried this or found this out so dont get mad but i was playing on labor day and i SHBair then Usmash but he slides backwards and as it happen my friend roll dodged the other way in to it and i have the replay i will get the vid when i get the chance its really beautiful try it yourself but if it hasn't been found then im calling it the forbbiden kicks.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I think theres some AT where if you do an aerial just before you land you slide backwards or some ****. I don't know many ATs as I don't read up on that ****.

Top Bottom