• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North The Ultimate Escape @ The Escape Plan!

The Ultimate Escape @ The Escape Plan!
Posted by BryanD
The Escape Plan
Tuesday, July 2, 2019 - 06:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, July 2, 2019 - 11:59 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

BryanD

Smash Rookie
Hey, everyone! Will 2 Win Gaming's Smash Ultimate Weekly is back! This time we are teaming with The Escape Plan in Edison, New Jersey to host a a Smash Ultimate tournament every Tuesday! We hope to showcase some of the best talents in NJ as well as make it a fun environment for not only competitors, but for all those who love the Super Smash Bros series!

Rules and Regulations are down below, be sure to be acquainted with them.

We ask to please treat the venue with respect. No tampering with the equipment. If caught, you will be asked to leave the venue without a refund.

PARKING: There are plenty of parking spots available right next to the building!

FOOD: There are plenty of food places around the venue so you can choose for yourself and you may eat in the venue if you'd like. Please clean up after yourself!

Venue Fee - $10
Singles Entry Fee - $10
Doubles Entry Fee
- $10 Per Team ($5 per player)

(Cash, PayPal and Venmo accepted at the door.)

Doors open for Friendlies and Registration – 6 p.m
Doubles bracket - 6:30 p.m
Singles bracket – 7 p.m

Tournament Rules

3 stocks – 7 minutes
Customs Off
Items Off
FS Meter Off
Hazards Off
Mii Fighters Allowed
All sets are Best 2 out of 3 except – Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals which are Best 3 out of 5!
***If both players die simultaneously, the players will quit and play a 1 stock 3 minute match to determine the winner.

Stage list
Starters – Final Destination, Battlefield, Pokemon Stadium 2, Yoshi’s Island (Brawl), Smashville

Counter pick – Kalos Pokemon League, Unova Pokemon League, Town & City

No DSR (Dave's Stupid Rule)
3 Stage Bans

Striking Rules
Unless a gentlemen is agreed to, play Rock Paper Scissors to signal who strikes first, and the striking order will go 1-2-1.

After the first game, the winner will ban 3 stages and losers chooses their stage. This will continue until the winner is determined.

Tournament Payout Structure
Payout:
< 30 – 1st – 60% 2nd – 30% 3rd – 10%
35-50 – 1st – 55% 2nd – 27% 3rd – 13% 4th – 5%
50+ 1st – 50% 2nd – 25% 3rd – 15% 4th – 6% 5th – 2%/2%
***Subject to change

*** POT BONUS ***

For our inauguration, The Escape Room and W2W will be providing a Pot Bonus of $50 every week for an ENTIRE MONTH! A $100 pot bonus will be provided if there are 20+ entrants (Pot Bonus only applies to singles bracket only and only for the first month of tournaments)

***DISCOUNTS***

If you are coming with a group of 4, one (1) person will be able to come in for FREE! Please check in with Ichiro or BryanD to confirm.

If you come with a full set up (Switch, Dock, Gamecube adapter and Monitor) and you allow us to use the set up for the entire tournament, you will be admitted into the venue for FREE. Please see or message W2W, Ichiro or BryanD to confirm. *SPOTS ARE LIMITED*

KTKore

Smash Rookie
Might go to this. I've been to the Escape Plan before and it was fun so I'm familiar with the area. How did the April 30th tournament go?

BryanD

Smash Rookie
Might go to this. I've been to the Escape Plan before and it was fun so I'm familiar with the area. How did the April 30th tournament go?
Sorry for the late reply! The tournament went well! We had one of NJ’s top players, The Great Gonzales, come out (he won!) and the week before that James won! We even had a hype crew battle after the tournament and it was awesome! Our venue will be open for a bit after the tournament so you can keep getting games in and participate in other side events (like crew battles) that we run!

KTKore

Smash Rookie
That sounds awesome. I chickened out last week Haha. Maybe next time. It'll be a good learning experience.

Smash4Falco

Smash Rookie
Might go someday, seems cool, and I really want go to my first local tournament soon

Zlooz

Smash Rookie
Hey, I was planning to go to this tommorow, do you guys stream/record any of the matches for vods to be viewed later?

Top Bottom