• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Antagonist Thread (Talking About The Villains Trend)

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Yeah canonically he's not a villain but I'm saying his Smash iteration might tailor him as more of a villain... á la Sonic Boom. I can see them doing this if they wanna buff up the villain count for the purpose of a story mode or whatever
No, I think they’ll keep him the same, Sakurai is a stickler for portraying characters accurately. If they wanted 3rd party villains to beef up the roster, then give Snake a Big Boss echo and Cloud a Sephiroph echo, that would be better than portraying a clearly good character as evil.

ShaunoftheRed

Smash Cadet
No, I think they’ll keep him the same, Sakurai is a stickler for portraying characters accurately. If they wanted 3rd party villains to beef up the roster, then give Snake a Big Boss echo and Cloud a Sephiroph echo, that would be better than portraying a clearly good character as evil.
Hm. Yeah maybe you're right

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
Nah, Shadow doesn’t even act like a villain anymore and really hasn’t been since Adventure 2 (forgetting Shadow the Hedgehog), he’s always been more of an anti-hero at worst, otherwise he traditionally helps Sonic win the fight.
Can't the same be said for Meta Knight and Dedede, who they have already been shown off as villains in K Rool's trailer?

Not saying they would exclusively treat them or Shadow like villains, but I think that any character that has been an antagonist will probably be used as one in a challenge or something (Like Mewtwo teaming up with Ganon and Bowser in Melee)

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Can't the same be said for Meta Knight and Dedede, who they have already been shown off as villains in K Rool's trailer?

Not saying they would exclusively treat them or Shadow like villains, but I think that any character that has been an antagonist will probably be used as one in a challenge or something (Like Mewtwo teaming up with Ganon and Bowser in Melee)
Dedede wasn’t a part of the villains reel

I can see your point, but I guess the difference is the fact that Shadow only has 1 game, and the one we don’t speak of, where he was anywhere evil. Even the fan base seems to think he’s basically good at this point, whereas Mewtwo has historically been known as the antagonist of Pokémon thanks to the movie, and the Kirby villains were treated like villains for at least a good 2/3rds of their life span. I know Boom made him an antagonist, but Boom has done a lot of innacurate stuff and is more like a parody of Sonic at this point, great in its own right, but it doesn’t affect the main canon.

ShaunoftheRed

Smash Cadet
I know Boom made him an antagonist, but Boom has done a lot of innacurate stuff and is more like a parody of Sonic at this point, great in its own right, but it doesn’t affect the main canon.
Smash doesn't affect the main canon either... Look you're probably right but he could surprise us. I don't think we'd be too miffed if there was a story involving Shadow turning dark to suit his own purpose. It's probably not a stretch that he'd turn if it was a great profit to him.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I was thinking Dark Matter form Kirby; I even made a moveset for him.

Intro: Dark Matter materializes from a vortex of darkness, and his cloak, sword, and head form around him.

Idle Animation: Dark Matter floats up and down. After sitting for a while, he squishes himself.

Notable Palette Swaps: Zero-2, Drawcia, Magalor, Taranza, Dark Mind, Hyness, Marx

Grab: Dark Matter bites the opponent.

Pummel: Dark Matter keeps biting

F-Throw: Dark Matter spits them out.

D-Throw: Dark Matter thrashes them on the ground.

B-Throw: Dark Matter throws them out and slashes them.

U-Throw: Dark Matter throws them above and shoots a laser at them.

Special Moves:

B : Dark Blade; Dark Matter charges up a dark orb with his sword that ricochets at full charge. They can be parried by other kinds of attacks.

B + Forwards : Prism Slash; Dark Matter charges forward and slashes with his blade four times as it gives of a rainbow light.

B + Up : Blob Shield; as Dark Matter floats in the air, six orange blobs form around him and damage anyone in contact. However, they break quickly after a few seconds.

B + Down : Eye Laser; Dark Matter’s eye goes down to his chest, and it shoots a long dark laser that can be aimed in any direction with quick reflexes. It can be shot up to three times in a row.

Final Smash: True Darkness; Dark Matter’s true form is unraveled! He goes into the center of the background to fire dark lasers at the opponents. They deal massive damage upon contact and can be freely aimed.

Taunts:

1: Dark Matter’s eye goes down to his chest for a brief second.

2: Dark Matter swings his sword from left to right, then swings it down as his eye turns red.

1+2: Four orange blobs circle around Dark Matter as his cloak lifts itself in the air.

Winposes:

1: Dark Matter’s eye, down on his chest, spins around to the left three times and repositions itself.

2: A dark energy forms covers Dark Matter.

3: Dark Matter’s cloak is on the ground. The camera goes up and, seen in his true form for a split second, he knocks it down.

Icon: Kirby series icon

Victory Music: The beginning of https://youtu.be/Im9O1hZsdR4

Kirby Hat: Dark Matter’s head (in his swordsman form).

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
Dedede wasn’t a part of the villains reel

I can see your point, but I guess the difference is the fact that Shadow only has 1 game, and the one we don’t speak of, where he was anywhere evil. Even the fan base seems to think he’s basically good at this point, whereas Mewtwo has historically been known as the antagonist of Pokémon thanks to the movie, and the Kirby villains were treated like villains for at least a good 2/3rds of their life span. I know Boom made him an antagonist, but Boom has done a lot of innacurate stuff and is more like a parody of Sonic at this point, great in its own right, but it doesn’t affect the main canon.
Dedede wasn't in the reel but he still played as a villain in the trailer.

There is no doubt in my mind that Shadow has been good since the ending of SA2, and I know that Boom is an alternate universe. I'm just saying that since he was an antagonist he will proably be teamed up with some in a event match.

Smash doesn't affect the main canon either... Look you're probably right but he could surprise us. I don't think we'd be too miffed if there was a story involving Shadow turning dark to suit his own purpose. It's probably not a stretch that he'd turn if it was a great profit to him.
I actually would be pretty miffed if Shadow was made the bad guy in a story, like I was with Forces till I knew it was only copy of Shadow. I'm only saying I could see Shadow being used as antagonist for something like event matches, rival fights basically.

Shadow is still a very righteous character outside of Boom, so it would be a stretch to me if he turned heel to selfishly benefit himself.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I was thinking Dark Matter form Kirby; I even made a moveset for him.

Intro: Dark Matter materializes from a vortex of darkness, and his cloak, sword, and head form around him.

Idle Animation: Dark Matter floats up and down. After sitting for a while, he squishes himself.

Notable Palette Swaps: Zero-2, Drawcia, Magalor, Taranza, Dark Mind, Hyness, Marx

Grab: Dark Matter bites the opponent.

Pummel: Dark Matter keeps biting

F-Throw: Dark Matter spits them out.

D-Throw: Dark Matter thrashes them on the ground.

B-Throw: Dark Matter throws them out and slashes them.

U-Throw: Dark Matter throws them above and shoots a laser at them.

Special Moves:

B : Dark Blade; Dark Matter charges up a dark orb with his sword that ricochets at full charge. They can be parried by other kinds of attacks.

B + Forwards : Prism Slash; Dark Matter charges forward and slashes with his blade four times as it gives of a rainbow light.

B + Up : Blob Shield; as Dark Matter floats in the air, six orange blobs form around him and damage anyone in contact. However, they break quickly after a few seconds.

B + Down : Eye Laser; Dark Matter’s eye goes down to his chest, and it shoots a long dark laser that can be aimed in any direction with quick reflexes. It can be shot up to three times in a row.

Final Smash: True Darkness; Dark Matter’s true form is unraveled! He goes into the center of the background to fire dark lasers at the opponents. They deal massive damage upon contact and can be freely aimed.

Taunts:

1: Dark Matter’s eye goes down to his chest for a brief second.

2: Dark Matter swings his sword from left to right, then swings it down as his eye turns red.

1+2: Four orange blobs circle around Dark Matter as his cloak lifts itself in the air.

Winposes:

1: Dark Matter’s eye, down on his chest, spins around to the left three times and repositions itself.

2: A dark energy forms covers Dark Matter.

3: Dark Matter’s cloak is on the ground. The camera goes up and, seen in his true form for a split second, he knocks it down.

Icon: Kirby series icon

Victory Music: The beginning of https://youtu.be/Im9O1hZsdR4

Kirby Hat: Dark Matter’s head (in his swordsman form).
Cool, I like the idea of Dark Matter as a character, but I just don’t see it happening, Bandana Dee will probably be the Kirby rep, and maybe an echo based on Meta Knight, but I can’t see Sakurai extending Kirby representation past that in this entry.

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
Nah, Shadow doesn’t even act like a villain anymore and really hasn’t been since Adventure 2 (forgetting Shadow the Hedgehog), he’s always been more of an anti-hero at worst, otherwise he traditionally helps Sonic win the fight.
Meta Knight is also an anti-hero as he hasn't been portrayed as a villain for quite some time (really it was only in Revenge of Meta Knight when he was outright antagonistic). Much like Shadow or (apparently) Dark Pit. However, let's also remember that the title of the K. Rool reveal was "Rivals", not "Villains", so Meta Knight makes sense and (if they were to do the exact same trailer idea for a Shadow reveal) Shadow would also make sense. I'm not saying Shadow is a villain, but I am saying he'd make as much sense as Meta Knight.

Cool, I like the idea of Dark Matter as a character, but I just don’t see it happening, Bandana Dee will probably be the Kirby rep, and maybe an echo based on Meta Knight, but I can’t see Sakurai extending Kirby representation past that in this entry.
I've never thought of Bandana Dee as being a Meta Knight echo before. It could work, but I think it'd miss out on a lot of the interesting thing BD could do with his spear (and possibly parasol).

I was thinking Dark Matter form Kirby
Dark Matter is my #1 most wanted Kirby rep, however I think before we get Dark Matter in Smash we need to get Bandana Dee. However, I do think it's safe to say that we'll get Dark Matter for a Wave 3 update in Kirby Star Allies which will hopefully tide us all over until Smash 6 or 7 when he'll enter as a fighter.

HarajukuNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
harajuku_ninja
3DS FC
3523-3461-8281
Don't know if this has been said here, but could Incineroar be considered a villain since his design is based on heels in professional wrestling? I know it's more of a role being played more than anything, but I still think it's something to consider.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
Where to begin? Characters I'd like to see as playable in some degree.

Giygas/Gigue: My preferred choice for Earthbound villain. As mentioned before, his Mother 1 incarnation would complete the series representation. I think he's a prime candidate for Luigification. Take the Mewtwo structure and overlay the Giygas character. The two can share a variety of attacks, but would have unqiue specials fitting his status as an Earthbound character.

Kamek: The Yoshi series remains the only series introduced in SSB64 to have a solo rep. I am aware that Kamek/Magikoopa is in the Mushroom Kingdom U, but I don't see this as a disqualification. Yoshi is both a character and group.

Medusa: I prefer her over Hades. To be honest, I think Hades as a villain is cliche in media. Like Giygas, it would be easier to start with a Palutena base and then change elements to make a fighter. Something like Isabelle, but more unique.

Black Shadow: Return of Meleedorf.

Captain Syrup: Why doesn't Nintendo feature her more? Problem is that Wario Land games are few and Smash is primarily focused on the WarioWare side of the coin. Part of me thinks she should be be the Wa counterpart of Peach. In this venue, she would be representing Wario Land.

Now for two unlikely characters from the promoted Assist Trophy category and new series category.

Devil from Devil World: I know that all he does as an Assist is move the stage past the blast lines and would need to have an original moveset, but I keep imagining what I'd be like if he was part of the cast. He would continue the tradition of unanticipated retro rep.

Pious Augustus from Eternal Darkness: Eternal Daknees has a special place in my heart. It was the first M rated game I ever got and introduced me to the works of Lovecraft. Specials would be based on the spells from the game.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
There's no flipping way Sephiroth is an echo of Cloud, not with a sword that could hit you from halfway across Final Destination.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Meta Knight is also an anti-hero as he hasn't been portrayed as a villain for quite some time (really it was only in Revenge of Meta Knight when he was outright antagonistic). Much like Shadow or (apparently) Dark Pit. However, let's also remember that the title of the K. Rool reveal was "Rivals", not "Villains", so Meta Knight makes sense and (if they were to do the exact same trailer idea for a Shadow reveal) Shadow would also make sense. I'm not saying Shadow is a villain, but I am saying he'd make as much sense as Meta Knight.

I've never thought of Bandana Dee as being a Meta Knight echo before. It could work, but I think it'd miss out on a lot of the interesting thing BD could do with his spear (and possibly parasol).

Dark Matter is my #1 most wanted Kirby rep, however I think before we get Dark Matter in Smash we need to get Bandana Dee. However, I do think it's safe to say that we'll get Dark Matter for a Wave 3 update in Kirby Star Allies which will hopefully tide us all over until Smash 6 or 7 when he'll enter as a fighter.
I said “and a Meta Knight Echo” meaning that Bandana Waddle Dee would be original, than a Meta Knight Echo could go with him, such as Galacta Knight or Dark Meta Knight.

Yeah, Shadow would be a good rival.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You guys already know my two picks whom are my top 3 most current wants with Banjo-Kazooie.

Black Shadow and Medusa.

MrPowerfulJeans

Smash Cadet
Oh man, I never said who I want as Playable Antagonists in Smash Ultimate.

Blue Oak could fit well as an anti-hero (who, for the sake of this, I will call antagonists). I've already said my two cents on him in this thread, I think. But to reiterate, if Mewtwo can be considered an antagonistic fighter, then Blue definitely can. I imagine Alakazam, Machoke, and Growlithe on his side, to represent certain Pokemon on his team in the core games he appears in.

Dr. Eggman & Metal Sonic could fit well for the classic era of Sonic Villains and Shadow could fill the role as the modern version's... Anti-hero, I guess... I haven't played a Sonic game in a while, other than Generations and Mania. But, one thing I wanna say is that, since Isabelle was not an Echo of Villager like I assumed, it is possible that Metal Sonic/Shadow won't be echo fighters, either. But, eh... Either works.

Mr. Sandman could be a cool Punch-Out antagonist, and probably my most wanted Punch-Out character... Other than King Hippo & Glass Joe, who I think could work, as well.

Octoling are easily my most wanted echo fighter (I mean, they stand no chance at all to be a unique fighter), and apparently they're villains too! So that makes them even better!

Sephiroth... Uh, does he fight similarly/or close to similarly to Cloud at all? If he does, he could be an echo. If not, a unique it is. Still an interesting villain, regardless.

Other characters that I think are cool antagonists but personally have little info to go off of goes as follows:
  • Medusa
  • Black Shadow
  • Black Knight
  • Marx
  • Captain Syrup
And just to throw the entire speculation community for Smash off, Monokuma and Waluigi as a DLC villain!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sephiroth just CAN'T work as an echo. The appearance and hitboxes of his sword is much different from Cloud.

Don't know if this has been said here, but could Incineroar be considered a villain since his design is based on heels in professional wrestling? I know it's more of a role being played more than anything, but I still think it's something to consider.
Honestly, he sounds since most Incineroars by nature are ***holes and arrogant ****s like the heels they are based on. Whether they are trained by a good trainer or a one who's just as jerkish as them.

Last edited:

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Well guys the roster is here and no new villains. I’m actually a bit disappointed.

I guess I could go over villains in World of Light, with Galleom coming back. Rathalos and Dracula are also known bosses, and Whily is an assist.

If I had to guess more potential bosses, I think our list will be
1) Galleom (Subspace)
2) Dracula (Castlevania)
3) Rathalos (Monster Hunter)
4) Dr. Whily (Mega Man)
5) Dr. Eggman (Sonic)
6) Rayquaza (Pokemon)
7) Petey Pirhana (Mario)
9) Skull Kid (Zelda)
10) Black Knight (Fire Emblem)

Mimic88

Smash Cadet
Hm...what about a Pokémon rival/villain?

I doubt we'd get a Rival or Villain human character in Ultimate. Mewtwo doesn't appear to be classified as either of these things. So my guess could be Necrozma since, you know, it as a Pokémon posed a pretty great threat in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, and could embody the entirety of Gen 7 as of right now.

It's also worth noting that Pit's rival in Kid Icarus: Uprising is Dark Pit (even though he isn't evil).

And Yoshi shares his major antagonists with Mario in the form of Bowser, Bowser Jr., and occasionally, Wario. So I do not count him.

Still, I'm pretty much assuming that all of our remaining newcomers--may they be unique or echoes--will all be products of the ballot. And since I am certain that 103 stages are all we are going to get in the base game, I doubt we're going to get any more newcomer IP's. But all I want is more Final Fantasy representation. Just two songs, and two-three trophies? Hopefully, we get a Final Fantasy Assist Trophy soon.
What about an evil pokemon trainer?

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Well guys the roster is here and no new villains. I’m actually a bit disappointed.

I guess I could go over villains in World of Light, with Galleom coming back. Rathalos and Dracula are also known bosses, and Whily is an assist.

1) Galleom (Subspace)
2) Dracula (Castlevania)
4) Dr. Whily (Mega Man)
5) Dr. Eggman (Sonic)
6) Rayquaza (Pokemon)
7) Petey Pirhana (Mario)
9) Skull Kid (Zelda)
No new villains? We got King K.Rool and Ridley, and we’re super lucky to have gotten them. It’s about as many villains as we usually get, if not more, especially considering how limited the roster slots were to begin with. (If you wanna stretch it, Incineroar is a heel, which while not TECHNICALLY a real villain, is a character playing a villainous role). Yes, I would’ve loved to see Medusa or a Fire Emblem villain, but neither of those were especially likely, not for this title. I can’t possibly be disappointed when I know I’m asking for too much, too niche of characters. Ridley and K.Rool are more than enough for now, and until a very clear, new, important villain comes along that NEEDS to be in Smash, I’ll be content with our villain roster.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

1) Galleom (Subspace)
2) Dracula (Castlevania)
4) Dr. Whily (Mega Man)
5) Dr. Eggman (Sonic)
6) Rayquaza (Pokemon)
7) Petey Pirhana (Mario)
9) Skull Kid (Zelda)
Well, technically Incineroar’s a villain, and so is Piranha Plant, but yeah, the Heroes vs. Villains theory was way off in the end.

I don’t think Skull Kid will be a boss considering his AT sucks. Maybe Porky’ll be back?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Well, I have noticed a different trend with the new villains in this game borrowing one move from their nemesis (Ridley's bair is Samus's, and K. Rool's ftilt is DK's fsmash).

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
There's a Diablo 3 amiibo so why not the big man Diablo himself? They'd have to squish him like Ripley, but I could definitely see him as DLC.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Current villains/rivals: :ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultganondorf::ultincineroar::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultdarkpit::ultridley::ultken::ultdarksamus::ultwario::ultwolf:
Ones I want: Fawful, Diminetio, King Boo, Vaati, Ganon, Ghirahim, Queen Sectonia, Marx, Magolor, Taranza, Susie, Daroach, Medusa, Sylux, Panther, Leon, Pigma, Any FE villain, Team Rocket, Kamek, DJ Octavio.

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
Zelda has a lot of Villains with Skull Kid being the most popular, but Vaati would be also very fitting for Smash and could fill in the spot of Toon Links Villain. Ghirahim is also popular but I'd say SS isn't as popular inside of the Zelda Community to put him over Skull Kid or Vaati for example.
Hilda as a Zelda echoe and Demise as a Ganon echoe could also work.

Metroid has Sylux as the last obvious Choice.

Xenoblade has Malos, possibly as a Shulk Echoe, or maybe Jin.

Mother has the Masked Man and maybe Porky.

Animal Crossing has Resetti :grin:

Star Fox could have Leon or Pigma.

If Isaac ever gets in Alex would be imo the best Villain to put in (I liked Saturos and Menardi as well but Alex plays a bigger Role in the Franchise over all)

And since we got Piranha Plant for the Mario Franchise Sakurai could as well throw in generic Goomba and generic Koopa :rolleyes:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Andross is missing and a deserving candidate. His polygon head is iconic and has so much to work with for move set potential, I believe he'd be a excellent addition.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It is amazing that we currently have 15+ Nintendo villains in Smash.

Smash 64
:ultdk:

Melee
:ultbowser::ultganondorf::ultmewtwo:

Brawl
:ultmetaknight::ultwario::ultkingdedede::ultwolf:

SSB4
:ultdarkpit::ultbowserjr::ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig::ultduckhunt:

Ultimate
:ultdarksamus::ultridley::ultkrool::ultpiranha:

There are plenty of Nintendo villains I would love to see in future Smash games. But for now I want to focus on getting Nintendo villains from currently active Nintendo franchises, not currently dormant Nintendo franchises. The villains themselves should be popular and/or iconic.

So here’s my SSB6 villain wishlist.

Mario series - Waluigi (fan demand)
Zelda series - Skull Kid (fan demand) and Ganon
Yoshi series - Kamek and Shy Guy
Pokémon series - Team Rocket (Meowth, Ekans, Koffing)
Splatoon series - Octoling (Echo)

Abade

Smash Apprentice
It really depends on how Smash portray them as such. The characters tend to be different in Smash such as Captain Falcon Looking at his characterization in his home series after Smash Bros.can be jarring, as F-Zero firmly establishes him as a blunt, comically serious bounty hunter, while Smash Bros. has him as a Hot-Blooded and somewhat campy Toku Hero.

Roy's quotes aren't that off from what he would actually say in canon, but he seemingly acts oddly Hot-Blooded in battle, which some Japanese fans were quick to note. This could possibly be why the fandom often turns him into something more resembling an inversion of his canon self, a mistake even Sakurai himself made during Melee's development due to Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade not having been released at the time. Roy still shows some of these hotblooded traits in 3DS/U since Sakurai decided to roll with it, but it's a little more subdued.

If I were to go for villains I would go for tragic villains that would make things emotional,
as people love tragic villains like this person states:

I would pick

1.) Master Aqua. Being playable doesn't necessarily give you their themes as seen with Dark Samus but she also would come with the bonus of being the first entirely unique female villain. Wendy is an alt and Dark Samus is an "Echo". She is one of the most popular characters as indicated in polls.
https://www.deviantart.com/khfan-d98/art/Smash-Bros-Moveset-Aqua-760828177
https://ssb-tourney.fandom.com/wiki/Aqua
Some moves like that would be neat.

2.) Lao Huang. It would be interesting to have a sniper on the roster and a good counter pick to Shulk and Elma (besides Elma's former partner, Lone Hero of the White Whale/Black Knight) whenever the latter decides to show up. He really grasp a lot of people attention and brought out mixed feelings.

3.) Masked Man. They tend to reference him and Lucas fighting him a few times in Smash. Might as well bring him in already to let loose the water works again.

4.) Knight Artorias. If a popular pick like Solaire is a rep for funnies then Knight Artorias is a popular pick for sorrow.

5.) Rundas. There is a reason why he is one of the most wanted Metroid characters for Smash besides him having cool ice powers which Smash doesn't have a lot of.

6.) Jin. He got flashy moves and awesome powers like ice and "control over all elementary particles". He also has nice quotes such as saying "very funnny" which he could say as he gets launched into the sky. His theme, "Power of Jin" is also pretty emotional.

Last edited:

Penguinbowler

Smash Apprentice
I'm really for Kamek as our next villain, he is basically one of the last 2 major characters from the mario series along with toad, and the only character other then maybe poochy that makes sense as a yoshi rep.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Future Smash I would like to see some of the following:

• DJ Octavio
  • Medusa
  • Porky Minch
  • Hades
  • Sylux
  • Kamek
  • Captain Syrup
  • King Hippo
  • Pig Ganon
  • Skull Kid
  • Dragaux
  • Waluigi
  • King Boo
  • Black Shadow
  • Dr. Coyle
  • A FE Villian

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Weird how really old threads tend to get new responses all of a sudden.
Shadow isn't a villain, he's more of a neutral character, the way I see it. He was a villain, found himself, became a hero, lost his memory, vowed the put his past behind him, and promised that if the world became his enemy, he'd fight like he always had. Ever since 06 he hasn't made many appearances, but when he does, he'll fight Eggman, he'll fight Sonic, he'll fight Infinite, he'd probably fight Rouge and Omega if he had a good reason to. He's true to himself and does what he thinks is most right-he doesn't really take sides, at least that's how I take his character. He's my most wanted and I wouldn't mind if he's portrayed as a villain in Smash, but I still think he's neutral, or at the least an anti-hero.
Eggman, on the other hand? Definitely an antagonist. I want him. I want him so bad.
Master Hand is my #1 wanted antagonist, he just makes perfect sense.
Other than that there's not really a whole lot of villains I want.

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
Weird how really old threads tend to get new responses all of a sudden.
Shadow isn't a villain, he's more of a neutral character, the way I see it. He was a villain, found himself, became a hero, lost his memory, vowed the put his past behind him, and promised that if the world became his enemy, he'd fight like he always had. Ever since 06 he hasn't made many appearances, but when he does, he'll fight Eggman, he'll fight Sonic, he'll fight Infinite, he'd probably fight Rouge and Omega if he had a good reason to. He's true to himself and does what he thinks is most right-he doesn't really take sides, at least that's how I take his character. He's my most wanted and I wouldn't mind if he's portrayed as a villain in Smash, but I still think he's neutral, or at the least an anti-hero.
Eggman, on the other hand? Definitely an antagonist. I want him. I want him so bad.
Master Hand is my #1 wanted antagonist, he just makes perfect sense.
Other than that there's not really a whole lot of villains I want.
Anti-heroes are morally grey enough to be considered an opposing force to the hero like Meta Knight and Dark Pit so I see them as villains in the context of Smash Bros.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
When talking about Kirby Villans most People say Marx, Glacta Knight or Magolor i think no one of them Makes sense as a VILLAN
Marx: either Dead or Redemd sorta
Galacta Knight: Evil???????????
Magolor: Reddemd

The only one that makes sense is

she stole Kirbys Main Character slot ok ok just a Joke

Im of course talking about the Dark BOI Dark Matter!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I personally feel that if we got a Ring Fit character, it would be the brogan, Dragaux.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
If we had very get a clearly villainous Kirby character, I see Dark Matter being in. Playable form us based on DM Blade who would be announced as "Dark Matter".

It was seen in KDL2, KDL3, and Kirby 64 and had appearances and references in others. Plus, it'd be a unique sword character.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
If I had to pick another villain for Smash that no one talks about, I would go with Shake King from Wario Land.
He would be a super-heavyweight character and bit bigger than Bowser himself.
JAB/TILTS
Jab
A three part attack, a right hook, followed by a left jab, and finished with an overhead slam into the ground with both arms stretched forward.

U-Tilt
An awkward hop while facing the screen.

S-Tilt
Lightly winds back, and throws a far-reaching punch.

D-Tilt
Raises his foot and slams it on the ground creating a small shock wave in front of him.

SMASH ATTACKS
Side Smash
Steps back and moves his arm behind himself while an after-effect of red appears behind him. After a moment, he steps forward and punches so hard.

Up Smash
Awkwardly attempts to punch upwards.

Down Smash
Reels back, and while facing the screen slams a fist into the ground directly in front of him, creating two "shock wave" projectiles.

Dash Attack
Comically trips, and holds his arms straight above him, when he lands, he face plants and his fists crash down in front of him.

AERIALS
Neutral
A body splash, similar to Dedede's one.

Up
Sticks his arms out to his sides, and claps directly upwards.

Down
Spins himself so he's facing straight downwards, before throwing a punch in that direction.

Forward
A slightly awkward punch forward.

Backward
Removes his helmet, and swipes behind himself with it before putting it back on.

GRAB/THROWS
Grab
Outstretches both his arms and tries to snag an opponent.

Dash
Lunges forwards with his arms out.

Pummel
Shakes the opponent so hilariously fast that they become a banana-shaped blur.

Up
Slams the opponent on the ground before throwing them in the air.

Down
Throws the opponent on the ground as body slams them wrestler style.

Forward
Winds back with opponent in hand, and throws said opponent.

Backward
Grabs the opponent by the legs and swings them around at ridiculous speed before sending them flying.

Floor Attack
Shake King gets up and dropkicks the opponent.

Edge Attack
Shake King climbs up and punches the opponent forwards.

BLOCKS/DODGES
Standing
Holds up his arms in front of himself.

Side Roll
Shake King slides backwards dodging the opponent's attack.

Downward
Shake King steps aside swishing his cape around.

Aerial Dodge
Something similar to K. Rool's air dodge.

SPECIALS
Neutral:
Electric Punches

Shake King tightens his fists as his hands start crackling and glowing with electricity.
Holding B much more all the way will have Shake King start punching the opponent very fast and rapidly at high speed in a flurry of lightning and fists.

Side:
Helmet Rush

Shake King ducks down and glows blue as he charges across the stage with his helmet pointing forwards as he tramples opponents.
(Running into a wall results in him getting stuck.)

Up:
Leaping Pound

Shake King glows blue as he jumps into the air and floats a while before crashing down sending opponents sky-high.

Down:
Earthshaker

Shake King raises his fists into the air and slams them into the ground so hard causing a shock-wave that trips opponents or stuns them.
(Based on Wario's earthquake punch from Shake It!)

FINAL SMASH
Wrath of the Shake King
Shake King smiles evilly as he charges forwards ramming into the opponent leading to a cut-scene of the opponent landing on the Shakedown Schooner as Shake King is seen charging at high speed roaring in anger and fury towards said opponent as he grabs them and crashes through many walls brutally punching him/her at high speed before Shake King slams the opponent into the ground punching them many times as he floats into the air glowing a blue colour before firing a massive laser at them ending in a gigantic explosion, the opponent is launched into the Blast Zone thus ending said FS.

TAUNTS
-Shake King points forwards and does a neck-slice gesture laughing evilly.

-Shake King glows with electricity crackling across his skin.

-Shake King rears back while giving out a battle cry before slamming both fists into the ground.

ALT COSTUMES
(Shake King's alt costumes are based on different Wario characters except for the last.)
1. Default
2. Wario
3. Captain Syrup
4. Genie
5. Rudy the Clown
6. Black Jewel
7. Count Cannoli
8. A pirate outfit (Something like Kaptain K. Rool)

VICTORY POSES
-Shake King crackles with electricity holding the bottomless Coin Sack as the clouds become dark and stormy.

-Shake King is seen laughing manically with the other bosses from Shake It.

-When the game transitions to the victory screen, the screen is abnormally darkened.
After a moment, two glowing blood red glints appear out of nowhere before the screen brightens to show Shake King on his throne.

Losing Pose: Shake King slowly claps his hands with blood red glowing eyes.

OTHER ANIMATIONS
Walking
Shake King stomps towards the opponent menacingly.

Running
Wario's wheel-of-feet from Shake It when entering a Max Fastosity Dasherator.

Running into Wall
Falls on his back and gets up while grumbling.

Crouch
Something similar to Wario's crouch from Wario Land series.

Crawl?
Has no crawl.

Dizzy
Crazy Wario's stumbling from Wario Land 3.

Swimming
Does a breaststroke while swimming.

Drowning
Flails his arms and feet anime style trying to stay afloat.

Sleeping
Face plants on the ground snoring, after a while he gets up.

Jumping
Does his own version of Wario's jumps.

Edge Hanging
Hangs on the edge by one hand trying to pull himself up.

Edge Balancing
Flails around hilariously trying to balance himself.

Chilli Curry
Flails around while on fire.
(Reference to Flaming Wario.)

Home-Run Bat Swing
Holds said bat with one arm before swinging it.

Stamina Battle Defeat
Falls on his back and glows white before exploding.
(Reference to his defeat animation back in the final battle from Shake It.)

Star KO
Screams out in a deep voice.

Screen KO
Splats on the screen with his face squished against said screen having a hilarious expression.

(One little detail is that when Shake King is damaged or attacked, he assumes many anime expressions.)

KIRBY HAT

Kirby gains Shake King's big beard, and his eyebrows with helmet.

BOXING RING TITLE

"The Marauding Pirate"

Pros and Cons
+Could bring representation for Land games
+Underrated character who has potential

-Way too irrelevant
-Wario Land is pretty much dead

Oracle Link

Smash Master
If we had very get a clearly villainous Kirby character, I see Dark Matter being in. Playable form us based on DM Blade who would be announced as "Dark Matter".

It was seen in KDL2, KDL3, and Kirby 64 and had appearances and references in others. Plus, it'd be a unique sword character.
I think they should use the Orb Form with a bit of Swordsman!

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Here are the villains I would like to see (note, characters listed by franchise)

Fawful (most wanted villain and Mario character, as well as second most wanted fighter)
Dark Bowser (Bowser Echo)
King Boo
Lord Fredrick (King K.Rool Echo)
Skull Kid
Vaati
Sylux
Dark Meta Knight
Team Rocket (Meowth, Arbok and either Mimikyu or Gourgeist)
Porky Minch
Black Shadow (Captan Falcon Echo)
Bio-Rex
An antagonist from Fire Emblem
Dr.Eggman
A monster from War of the Monsters (like Preytor) (Pipe-Dream)

That is all for now

Top Bottom