• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Antagonist Thread (Talking About The Villains Trend)

UserKev

Smash Champion
He’s not a villain though, the same Mewtwo from the first movie already made amends with Ash in the sequel and they even teamed up as Mewtwo saw that trainers can be trusted due to Ash’s dedication to Pikachu. The Pokémon Company has also stated that no Pokémon, with the exception of the Meowth on Team Rocket, is evil, so I feel it’s a disservice to Mewtwo to still call him a villain. Also the deep voice doesn’t mean anything, Mewtwo is just the Batman of Pokémon I guess.

He isn’t, as the Kirby fandom has loved him for a long time, but he is a spur of the moment rep for Smash. The only reason people want him is due to Star Allies, otherwise Bandana Waddle Dee would be the only heavily requested character.

I have to disagree. Dedede isn’t a villain anymore, ever since the new Kirby era brought on by Returns, Dedede has been considered to be more of an ally to Kirby than an enemy. Dedede was also a hero in Subspace, so even going by the Smash logic he wouldn’t be a villain.

I also have to disagree with the idea that more villains outside of Porky or Giegue would ruin the charm. I feel that every big franchise that has a villain should receive at least one, so we can have all the classic and modern villains together.

Maybe you’ll disagree, but I feel that this would be the perfect roundup of villains for Ultimate, as all the big franchises have at least one antagonist to go against, excluding Pokémon because the only evil force is relegated to a Pokéball, R.I.P. Meowth. It also opens up the villains section to every era of Nintendo; with classic NES villains like Bowser, SNES villains like Porky, N64 villains like Skull Kid, Gameboy Advanced villains like Dark Meta Knight, GameCube villains like Black Knight, DS villains like Galacta Knight, Wii villains like Zanza, 3DS villains like Hades, Wii U villains like Octolings, or even Switch villains with Malos or Morpho Knight. I understand the small group mentality, but even with all these choices, having 1 from each franchise besides Metroid, Zelda, and Mario the villains would still be largely outnumbered, but at least they stand more of a chance as every franchise would have the main antagonist to stop them.
Dude, Bowser AND Ganondorf were heroes in Subspace. I mean, you could play as them along side the heroes to defeat Tabuu. Also, Meowth, ISN'T evil. Haha Nor Jessie and James. They even basically become heroes in the movies.

MrPowerfulJeans

Smash Cadet
Perhaps there is another iconic rival from later in the Pokemon series? Maybe even an arch-villain character, preferably the most popular?
Well, there's N. He could have Carracosta, Archeops, and Klingklang, from his fifth battle in Pokemon Black & White. It'd also get some reps from the 5th Generation of Pokemon, in which is severely lacking in Smash. He's also a popular character in Gen V, from what I recall. He's also the puppet leader of Team Plasma, which I believe would qualify him as a villain.

I like the idea of Cyrus, too, but if his final smash involves any Pokemon, I think Giratina would fit the best.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Hmmm, if we're talking about Villains - not necessarily playable - I could see a case being made for Team Rocket's Giovanni. He the OG big bad and hella iconic for the series.

The way I see it - the game already has tech to have assist trophies take damage and KO-able - I bet this could extend to Pokemon. I see it as Giovanni is in the background much like Pokemon and throwing a full roster of 6 Villainous/Edgy pokemon at you to battle.

Also - In regards to Mewtwo. All we need is the Armoured Mewtwo skin and bam - you have him as a villain who flips sides once defeated and the armor breaks off.

Yuya-Noboru

Smash Journeyman
The fact that "villains" in Brawl are not real villains might be because of the story-mode: at the end they all team-up together against Tabuu. Anyway, about the Legend of Zelda franchise I'd rather have Skull Kid than the ones listed above. Though, I'd prefer villains from franchise that haven't got one yet.

With 7 characters, I think that they should add a villain from the Fire Emblem series. I never played games from that franchise but I'd like The Black Knight since he looks pretty cool. He could be an echo fighters of Ike or Ganondorf.

Farbeitfromme

Smash Cadet
Well, there's N. He could have Carracosta, Archeops, and Klingklang, from his fifth battle in Pokemon Black & White. It'd also get some reps from the 5th Generation of Pokemon, in which is severely lacking in Smash. He's also a popular character in Gen V, from what I recall. He's also the puppet leader of Team Plasma, which I believe would qualify him as a villain.

I like the idea of Cyrus, too, but if his final smash involves any Pokemon, I think Giratina would fit the best.
You're absolutely right about Giratina, it totally slipped my mind. That would definitely be best for him. I really should go back and finish Platinum...

I've never finished Black/White either, but I recognize N is popular. That would be a fine idea too.

The fact that "villains" in Brawl are not real villains might be because of the story-mode: at the end they all team-up together against Tabuu.
I think that's right on the money. You need to be able to play as anyone you want, otherwise it wouldn't be Smash. They might have to do that for any future story mode, too. Although I suppose they could just let you play as the villains once you defeat them, without bothering to explain why.

StormC

Smash Hero
Don't underestimate how popular he is in the Kirby fandom (he's up there with other one-off characters like Adeline and Magolor). However, I also don't see him getting into Smash any time soon, especially before Bandana Dee
He isn’t, as the Kirby fandom has loved him for a long time, but he is a spur of the moment rep for Smash. The only reason people want him is due to Star Allies, otherwise Bandana Waddle Dee would be the only heavily requested character.
I was obviously talking about in the context of Smash.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Dude, Bowser AND Ganondorf were heroes in Subspace. I mean, you could play as them along side the heroes to defeat Tabuu. Also, Meowth, ISN'T evil. Haha Nor Jessie and James. They even basically become heroes in the movies.
Tabuu betrayed them, and Ganondorf betrayed Bowser. They only helped because their deal wasn’t met, as they were completely okay with killing the heroes before. Bowser literally killed DK with the trophy gun, and Ganon got all the R.O.B. units to fire at R.O.B. because he was trying to save them. On the flip side, Meta Knight helped Marth reclaim his castle with Ike and King Dedede gave badges to the 3 heroes; Zelda/Peach, Luigi, and Ness. He sacrificed not having a badge so they could live past the Subspace Invasion which was being spearheaded by Ganondorf and Bowser. As for Meowth you may be correct, though I do remember reading that The Pokémon Company themselves view him as the only truly evil Pokémon, though it seems that Team Rocket is turning over a new leaf in Sun and Moon.

Smash's stance on villains is a little weird when it comes to character who either stopped being villains or have grey morality.

Melee does seem to treat Mewtwo as villain since they teamed him up with Giga Bowser and Ganondorf in The Showdown event match. Not to mention his sinister voice, complete with evil laugh.

Brawl had Wario as one of the major villains in SSE, but Meta Knight and King Dedede are good from the start. Despit this Dedede replaced Mewtwo in the event match The Final Battle, teaming up with Bowser and Ganon.

Smash 4 still has The Final Battle event match, and Mewtwo's voice is still sinister.

Now with K. Rool's reveal we see Meta Knight and Wolf standing in contrast of their series heroes.
To be fair, Wolf was reverted back to being a villain in Star Fox’s recent reboot Zero which all designs are based off of. Meta Knight could also be hinting at an echo, particularly Dark Meta Knight if you want to make a stretch.

As for Mewtwo, he was a villain in the Melee days as that was during the First Pokémon movie. While the character is still based on those movies, those movies did have him redeem himself, so even though it’s the same haunting Mewtwo in Smash, he has moved past his antagonist days

Also, is it just me, or did they portray Wario really strangely in the Subspace? He seems overly dark, and a little too intimidating. Usually Wario is just a joke, even when he’s evil he’s still a massive F@#k up in every way. Just watch any Mario sports game’s cutscenes from the GameCube era, or even WarioWare’s and there’s a huge contrast in portrayals.

Also - In regards to Mewtwo. All we need is the Armoured Mewtwo skin and bam - you have him as a villain who flips sides once defeated and the armor breaks off.
Why not just add Dark Mewtwo from Pokken?

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Even though this would never happen I would love to see DJ Octavio as a playable character. I'd even like to see Dr. Coyle as the ARMS rep. She isn't really a villain but she's pretty darn close to being one. Of course I still want Medusa as a Palutena echo.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
My ideal ARMS line-up in Smash is Spring-Man, Ribbon Girl, one of the big ones (Master Mummy, Mechanica, Max Brass) and Dr, Coyle. (Lola Pop and Helix as assist trophies)

Dark Samus shows us we can have a constantly hovering villain, I just want to see them expand on that.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I think Team Rocket should get in first, but also I would not be opposed to Giovanni/Lusamine/Guzma as the Pokemon villain rep

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I've always felt that if Pokemon got a "villain" rep it should be another version of Pokemon trainer. Like Pokemon Gym Leader and it would be one of the more nefarious gym leaders (don't play Pokemon so wouldn't know) but he/she would use the same gimmick as trainer have 3 different type Pokemon you can switch in and out. It would kinda be an echo but kinda not since the Pokemon would function differently even if it uses the same idea as Trainer. Also this Gym Leader wouldn't use any gen 1 Pokemon (we have enough gen 1 in Smash). I see people arguing between Decidueye, Incineroar, and whoever else. Why not just put all 3 in as the "Gym Leader's" Pokemon?

Revan2005

Smash Rookie
The Overlord from Overlord Dark Legends on the Wii. Great villian, Wii exclusive, plenty of potential.

Loki4Laughs

Smash Rookie
I’d absolutely love it if Hades was in the game. Medusa would be super cool, but I’d prefer a brand new character, rather than an echo.

After all Hades is more of the series’s main villain, as it is Kid Icarus canon that Hades was behind most of Medusa’s actions in KI 1 (which Hades himself states soon after his first appearance in KI U).

And besides, his trailer would be hilarious XD

Last edited:

Fane

Smash Journeyman
King Dedede are good from the start.
This is pretty muddled actually. Since there's no dialogue and we rely on the characters' actions to figure out their stance, we really don't know whether King Dedede was good from the start or not.

You can argue that he knew about the Subspace Army and the threat they posed, so he was trying to 'stow' away some heroes with the pins so that if things went downhill, they'd have a contingency.

Or you can just say he was a rogue who just cared about collecting trophies of the fighters, and his pins happened to save the day.

He's the only one in Subspace who really didn't take any side until the very end. Wario, Bowser, and Ganondorf were really the only true villains.

Which bums me out since we'll likely not see another true story mode like Subspace for a long time. Now we have Dark Samus, King K. Rool, Wolf, Ridley, and Bowser Jr. to bring in more villains.(And Mewtwo depending on your stance on him) Plus with the likelihood of even more villains joining the roster like Skull Kid, Black Knight, Medusa, etc... It'd make for an even bigger villainous roster for a better story mode.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I'm probably in the minority who doesn't want too many villains.

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
This is pretty muddled actually. Since there's no dialogue and we rely on the characters' actions to figure out their stance, we really don't know whether King Dedede was good from the start or not.

You can argue that he knew about the Subspace Army and the threat they posed, so he was trying to 'stow' away some heroes with the pins so that if things went downhill, they'd have a contingency.

Or you can just say he was a rogue who just cared about collecting trophies of the fighters, and his pins happened to save the day.
He clearly made the pins to resurrect the trophies. He was planing to wear one himself but decided to give up his extra life to the princess. Then he happy greets the trophies he gave his pins to and leads them to fight Tabuu as his posse.

Dedede being the secret good guy has been a thing he has done in the Kirby games, like Nightmare in Dreamland

CaptainMapleSyrup

Smash Cadet
I’d absolutely love it if Hades was in the game. Medusa would be super cool, but I’d prefer a brand new character, rather than an echo.

After all Hades is more of the series’s main villain, as it is Kid Icarus canon that Hades was behind most of Medusa’s actions in KI 1 (which Hades himself states soon after his first appearance in KI U).

I'd like to see a Medusa character with a Hades echo character of her. It keeps the two connected (whether Medusa likes it or not...) and allows for both to be included in Smash. You could still have a hilarious trailer with Hades trolling Medusa "You didn't think I'd let you join this party without meeeee did you~?"

Besides, the Smash series needs more female characters that are villains. We've got Wendy but she's more of a henchwoman. If we got Medusa and maybe Birdo as a Yoshi echo and Hilda as a Zelda echo, that would help balance things out a little bit!

Hydra of Chaos

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to see a Medusa character with a Hades echo character of her. It keeps the two connected (whether Medusa likes it or not...) and allows for both to be included in Smash. You could still have a hilarious trailer with Hades trolling Medusa "You didn't think I'd let you join this party without meeeee did you~?"

Besides, the Smash series needs more female characters that are villains. We've got Wendy but she's more of a henchwoman. If we got Medusa and maybe Birdo as a Yoshi echo and Hilda as a Zelda echo, that would help balance things out a little bit!
I think Medusa would fit best as a Palutena Echo, Hades could still be his own character tho(I hope for both, but i dont expect more than Medusa)
I´d think Hades should best be used as boss(maybe even Final Boss), characters like Viridi would be better as completly new fighters

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think the addition of Medusa and Black Knight would cover the villains of the two series that got multiple characters outside of the original ones.

The original 8 series are covered, as Yoshi never got a villain outside of Bowser (Give him the Snowmads or Tikis) and Pokemon can be covered by Mewtwo and/or Greninja depending on how you cut it.

Of the remaining series, Wario will have to make do with Wario unless we get Captain Syrup as an unexpected Echo, F-Zero may get Black Shadow and there's a lot of talk about Porky/pokey but I dont' see it happening.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I'd love to see Giegue added as a villain/ antagonist for Mother. He would complete the trifecta of representing each Mother game. Ness representing the second and Lucas the third. Giegue is the over arching main antagonist of the three games. He could be unique with mind control moves and a summoner of his plethora of controlled and influenced henchmen.

Black Shadow could be easily implemented as a lazy echo fighter. With Ganondorfs retired assets.

For Pokémon I think Deoxys would be neat if it could switch between forms like Monado Arts. Also Hoopa Unbound would be neat with multi arms and portals.

Loki4Laughs

Smash Rookie
I just think that Sakurai is more of a Hades fan than a Medusa fan. Not only did he make Medusa’s role in KI U relatively minor, he also made her the games secondary villain. So if he had the choice between the two, I’m confident he’d go with Hades :)

Last edited:

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
Smash's stance on villains is a little weird when it comes to character who either stopped being villains or have grey morality.

Melee does seem to treat Mewtwo as villain since they teamed him up with Giga Bowser and Ganondorf in The Showdown event match. Not to mention his sinister voice, complete with evil laugh.

Brawl had Wario as one of the major villains in SSE, but Meta Knight and King Dedede are good from the start. Despit this Dedede replaced Mewtwo in the event match The Final Battle, teaming up with Bowser and Ganon.

Smash 4 still has The Final Battle event match, and Mewtwo's voice is still sinister.

Now with K. Rool's reveal we see Meta Knight and Wolf standing in contrast of their series heroes.
I just realized you can add R.O.B. and Mr. Game & Watch to the "Brawl villains?" list.

R.O.B. because, as the Ancient Minister, he was leading the Subspace Army in their bombings. And Mr. Game & Watch because he was the one flying the stolen Halberd for the Subspace Army, and because he is the one who produces the Shadow Bugs that created the Subspace Army in the first place.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Vaati, my most wanted newcomer after Bomberman and Krystal, is most definitely a villain.

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
Skull Kid's probably going to get in as a rival/villain to Young Link and Shadow seems to also be likely, being a rival to Sonic. Octoling for Inkling also works.

Have to agree that Dedede and Meta Knight aren't villains or rivals anymore, they haven't been for eight years and HAL seems to be very fixed on portraying them as Kirby's friends. While I doubt that we'd be getting a Kirby rep other than Bandana Dee, I think Magolor is 100% more likely than Marx if we were to get another reveal especially with how popular Mags is in Japan. The only thing Marx has over Magolor is Sakurai bias. Echo wise, yeah, Dark Meta Knight seems to be the most probable.

I don't think any other villains have that good a chance of getting in, but I would absolutely love to see Porky.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I don't think any other villains have that good a chance of getting in, but I would absolutely love to see Porky.
If Porky gets in, he needs to be his Earthbound incarnation for specific reasons. His Mother 2 spider mech is easily workable and his Final Smash couldn't be more accurate than using the devil's machine.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Shulk...

Since Robin getting a Grima costume counts as a villain, what if Shulk got a Zanza costume? Would that count as well since Shulk is supposed to be a vassal of Zanza.
Honestly I'd rather have Malos as a Shulk Echo than Zanza. Unlikely for base or in general especially if R+P aren't DLC, but I can dream.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
If Porky gets in, he needs to be his Earthbound incarnation for specific reasons. His Mother 2 spider mech is easily workable and his Final Smash couldn't be more accurate than using the devil's machine.
I'd be totally cool with Porky joining the roster, as long as he brings a Giygas stage with him

Captain Shades

Smash Ace

Agreed, Hades would be cool, but thinking realistically I’d have to go with Medusa as an easy Palutena echo. Maybe Hades can be DLC though.

I think the addition of Medusa and Black Knight would cover the villains of the two series that got multiple characters outside of the original ones.

The original 8 series are covered, as Yoshi never got a villain outside of Bowser (Give him the Snowmads or Tikis) and Pokemon can be covered by Mewtwo and/or Greninja depending on how you cut it.

Of the remaining series, Wario will have to make do with Wario unless we get Captain Syrup as an unexpected Echo, F-Zero may get Black Shadow and there's a lot of talk about Porky/pokey but I dont' see it happening.
Don’t forget Octolings, I think Splatoon is just as big as Kid Icarus and FE at this point to get more reps in the form of echoes. We could also see a Xenoblade villain as well to round out all the major franchises that have antagonists, as Pikmin and Animal Crossing don’t really have major antagonists to pull from.

Also Yoshi could have Kamek as a villain since he’s more exclusive to that franchise.

I just realized you can add R.O.B. and Mr. Game & Watch to the "Brawl villains?" list.

R.O.B. because, as the Ancient Minister, he was leading the Subspace Army in their bombings. And Mr. Game & Watch because he was the one flying the stolen Halberd for the Subspace Army, and because he is the one who produces the Shadow Bugs that created the Subspace Army in the first place.
I still don’t see them as villains weirdly enough. R.O.B. clearly felt remorse for his actions and became a hero in the Subspace actively fighting against Bowser and Ganon to save his people. As for G&W, I don’t think he knew what he was doing, he clearly flipped on a dime to join the heroes and all the G&Ws seemed mindless, or lacking in intelligence, there was really nothing that hinted at any evil intent.

Skull Kid's probably going to get in as a rival/villain to Young Link and Shadow seems to also be likely, being a rival to Sonic. Octoling for Inkling also works.

Have to agree that Dedede and Meta Knight aren't villains or rivals anymore, they haven't been for eight years and HAL seems to be very fixed on portraying them as Kirby's friends. While I doubt that we'd be getting a Kirby rep other than Bandana Dee, I think Magolor is 100% more likely than Marx if we were to get another reveal especially with how popular Mags is in Japan. The only thing Marx has over Magolor is Sakurai bias. Echo wise, yeah, Dark Meta Knight seems to be the most probable.

I agree completely, I don’t think Dedede is at all a villain at this point, nor is Meta Knight. I definitely see Kirby getting a villain in the form of a Meta Knight echo though, as it’d be easy and can join Bandana Dee.

I don’t get the love for Marx, he only seems wanted due to Star Allies. I get that he was an iconic villain, but there was no support for him until now, so hopefully Bandana Dee gets in over him.

I also see Skull Kid now joining, along with Shadow (even though Shadow ain’t a villain, more like Anti-hero)

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I would love to see Dr. Eggman, Ultra Necrozma, and Medeus or Anankos as bosses. And I would love to see Vaati be playable!

Also, when talking about Pokémon villains, while Necrozma is the standout, how has nobody here mentioned Ghetsis?!?

Last edited:

Cetus

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I'd rather have Malos as a Shulk Echo than Zanza. Unlikely for base or in general especially if R+P aren't DLC, but I can dream.
I honestly think Rex and Pyra are one the most likely DLC characters out there. I'm just wondering if they'd include an echo in some sort of DLC package. Not too sure.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Ok I have some time before I do some RTC stuff tonight, let me post this little shabang for series to make this easy.

Mario: It's perfect as is right now. Bowser, Bowser Jr, and the Koopalings rep it well. You could make a bit of a stretch and say maybe that Fawful could work but let's be real Bowser and Bowser Jr rep this well. There are no other real recurring significant antagonists other than Waluigi in the spinoffs, and we all know his sitch. Also Mario has so many good candidates for bosses, the most likely are King Boo and Petey Piranha

DK: Getting K Rool is great, as it means we have the main man for DKC. It is fine.

Yoshi: Kamek would be the choice but I can see why he got passed over and is on Mushroom Kingdom U again. He is not super popular, and the Yoshi games, while having him as the main antagonist, usually end up with Bowser as the final boss in some way shape or form.

Wario: Well Wario himself somewhat counts. But for real until we get that sick Wario Land reboot with Captain Syrup coming back, we are pretty much in this spot.

Zelda: Part of the issue with the Zelda series is outside of Ganondorf (and well, Ganon), there are no recurring villains outside of Vaati who has been forgotten by Nintendo. I feel if we get one, we will get Skull Kid due to circumstantial evidence and the fact that he is the most popular one off Zelda villain. Zelda has so many bosses I could go on for that.

Metroid: We got Ridley and Dark Samus. That's perfect.

Kirby: Meta Knight and King Dedede both are rivals/antagonists, even if in Modern Kirby they may not always be antagonistic. I guess Marx or Magalor could work but I highly doubt it. Also I am calling a Dyna Blade boss for story mode.

Star Fox: Getting Wolf back is perfect as the only other villain would be Andross who is awkward to work.

Pokemon: Mewtwo for all intensive purposes in Smash is a villain. He is the final boss of Red/Blue, looks to be shaping up to be the final boss of lets go, was the main antagonist of the first movie, it looks like they are remaking the first movie as the next movie, he fits the role. In terms of other choices, the pickings are harder. An Ultra Beast could be considered an antagonist, but only Nihilego and Buzzwole seem likely for smash. Mimikyu and Meowth could both be considered in the future because they are iconic, pushed in the anime (Meowth to a far greater degree), and have potential to be unique. Shame they are pokeballs. One thing of note is that due to many huge antagonistic legendary pokemon, they could make good bosses. Rayquaza (even if it is only territorial) could return as a boss, or you could do something new like Hoopa Unbound or Necrozma.

Earthbound/Mother: You have two viable options. Sorry Giegue. They are Masked Man and Porky. Porky has the benefit of being in both Mother 3 and Earthbound, being iconic, and would be unique. Masked Man could work as a Lucas echo with a separate Up B. Either way, both are not likely due to Mother being dead rn. If I had to bet I would go with Masked Man since as an echo his workload would be less but I could see both. Neither is null.

F Zero: I can easily see a Black Shadow echo for Falcon or Ganon. Falcon since same series, Ganon since he could pick up older Dorf moves. He has a fanbase, especially since if he got in Norio Wakamoto would voice him.

Fire Emblem: The Black Knight is in my opinion one of the most likely echo fighters right now. The mii costume, disappearing from the Castle Siege background, his popularity, it all makes him seem very likely to me. Also I could see a Grima Robin alt or a Grima boss.

Metal Gear: At best a Big Boss echo, but that is not likely. A Metal Gear REX boss fight could happen.

Sonic: Shadow as an echo seems super likely. Eggman as a story mode boss I also would buy.

Kid Icarus: Medusa as a Palutena echo makes sense, she could take up the moves that Palutena will no longer have in her customs. Hades could also work as a boss and hopefully will jump into codecs. Viridi is going to be stuck in codecs and RBF.

Xenoblade: There are some candidates for echos, but the best candidate comes from XB2 and I feel rn that it would happen with DLC rather than base game.

Final Fantasy: Sephiroth is a huge antagonist, but I do feel if we got him we would have gotten One Winged Angel, which as of now seems highly unlikely.

Street Fighter: I would love an Akuma echo of Ryu, but it seems that Ken would be chosen instead. I doubt we would get a SF newcomer.

Splatoon: We got Octolings... I guess?

Newcomers: Well Heihatchi is a bad man so if he is the Namco rep hes a villain. Same with Nightmare but less bad man and more Eldritch abomination. Felix as an Isaac echo could be one if you really push the bounds for a villain.

Everything else does not seem likely or relevant to me.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom

I agree with all your points, those seem to be the most likely candidates for villains, but I feel you looked over a few.

Dark Meta Knight could easily be the Kirby villain, if not Galacta Knight, since they are both popular and are just an easy echo of Meta Knight.

Giegue is also likely as he’s the most recent EarthBound/Mother villain to appear in the West, and has a design that was used as a base for Mewtwo. The only problem is that I don’t think characters can be echoes of characters outside their own series, but the possibility is still there.

Metal Sonic could also be a Sonic villain, as Shadow doesn’t really count. Obviously Metal is popular, but he’s just not as popular as Shadow.

I should also bring up Sylux as you know he’s a popular Metroid villain that has been requested for Smash for years now, so I can see him being a DLC villain.

Omega-Smasher

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna be honest if I say that I wasn't too impressed with Sm4sh's roster in general, with the lack of villain newcomers (Except Bowser Jr. and Dark Pit doesn't really count as he's an anti-hero) being one of the main reasons.

So far, from what I've seen, Smash Ultimate's revealed newcomers have got me rather impressed. I'm starting to warm up with Ridley and King K. Rool being represented was something that, while should have been expected, was a very welcome addition. It seems as if there is a clear indication that we're getting a good number of antagonistic characters for the newest entry.

As of now, the most likely villain newcomer to expect would be Skull Kid, which I am in board for, despite Lana being my desired Zelda rep. Maybe its just me, or that I want a Zelda rep desperately, considering we had none in the previous entry.

As a dream choice, The Black Knight from Fire Emblem is a choice I would support gladly, even if he turns out to be an echo fighter of Ike or not. Heihachi or Nightmare from Tekken and Soul Calibur respectively would be amazing as we would have a villain mascot and one of fighting games' most iconic characters pitted against a plethora of characters from different franchises and companies.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I'm gonna be honest if I say that I wasn't too impressed with Sm4sh's roster in general, with the lack of villain newcomers (Except Bowser Jr. and Dark Pit doesn't really count as he's an anti-hero) being one of the main reasons.

So far, from what I've seen, Smash Ultimate's revealed newcomers have got me rather impressed. I'm starting to warm up with Ridley and King K. Rool being represented was something that, while should have been expected, was a very welcome addition. It seems as if there is a clear indication that we're getting a good number of antagonistic characters for the newest entry.

As of now, the most likely villain newcomer to expect would be Skull Kid, which I am in board for, despite Lana being my desired Zelda rep. Maybe its just me, or that I want a Zelda rep desperately, considering we had none in the previous entry.

As a dream choice, The Black Knight from Fire Emblem is a choice I would support gladly, even if he turns out to be an echo fighter of Ike or not. Heihachi or Nightmare from Tekken and Soul Calibur respectively would be amazing as we would have a villain mascot and one of fighting games' most iconic characters pitted against a plethora of characters from different franchises and companies.
Not hate But if you don’t consider a dark pit a villain then I wouldn’t consider skull kid a villain

But I agree Smash 4 has the worst bunch of newcomers. Fine characters but they are just annoying gimmicks

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Camilla for Smash

Jk, but Dracula would be cool as hell.

The Hat Trick

Smash Rookie
Although I do think our villain cast is pretty good now, if I were to add more they'd probably be:
Skull Kid
Dr Eggman
Guzma(with Golisopod)
and for a wild card to make things fun I'll say Kefka

ShaunoftheRed

Smash Cadet
If Shadow is in (Which he will be) he'll probably get treated as a villain if Heroes vs Villains is the theme they're going for.

Failing that prepare for The deadly six lol

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
If Shadow is in (Which he will be) he'll probably get treated as a villain if Heroes vs Villains is the theme they're going for.

Failing that prepare for The deadly six lol
Nah, Shadow doesn’t even act like a villain anymore and really hasn’t been since Adventure 2 (forgetting Shadow the Hedgehog), he’s always been more of an anti-hero at worst, otherwise he traditionally helps Sonic win the fight.

ShaunoftheRed

Smash Cadet
Nah, Shadow doesn’t even act like a villain anymore and really hasn’t been since Adventure 2 (forgetting Shadow the Hedgehog), he’s always been more of an anti-hero at worst, otherwise he traditionally helps Sonic win the fight.
Yeah canonically he's not a villain but I'm saying his Smash iteration might tailor him as more of a villain... á la Sonic Boom. I can see them doing this if they wanna buff up the villain count for the purpose of a story mode or whatever

Top Bottom