• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Twilight Princess: Midna for Smash: Ya Gotta Have Wolf Link

How do you want your Midna in Smash?

• Total voters

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I’m all for a new thread owner, especially one with such dedication for the character and stuff.

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
I’m all for a new thread owner, especially one with such dedication for the character and stuff.
Thank you for that ! I really want to bring this community back into the spotlight (Ironic I know), this community is amazing and Midna herself is such an interesting character ! I want to get the fans together again so that we can express our hype for her, share our movesets and drawings together, as a community !

I'll wait for other to come by and leave their opinion first though, once again I don't want to impose myself as a leader or anything

Quillion

Smash Hero
Twilight Princess is a weak game?! How? This game is Hella complete, I may have a bit of bias as it is my favorite game of all time, but still, this game is not weak in any ways, if one of the two is weak, it would be MM, as it was a pretty short game, developed in only one year

But in any ways, all of that is really subjective, those two games are amazing, and I don't think you can call a game like TP "weak", was selling Wiis like hot cake when it came out, and the HD remake worked wonderfully well too, also Midna is all in all, a very liked and popular character, one of the most popular character of the series as a matter of fact

And if you want to go in the "X represent Y do it should get in", Midna represent something that have been there in almost every Zelda, the companion character, and she's generally agreed to be the best one of all the companions
The only good thing people say about the game, even the people who like it, are that the dungeons are great. And yes, Aonuma still brought his AAA-game when it came to the dungeons: they have great aesthetics, great atmosphere, use items and setpieces in creative ways, and they have unique enemies and mechanics. Also, Midna is a great character, people will say that.

But no one likes any of the characters bar Midna; they're one-dimensional and forgettable. No one likes the overworld; it's bland with no interesting landmarks. No one likes the exploration; the rewards are Rupees and Heart Pieces. No one likes the combat; the enemies are incredibly weak and unaggressive. No one likes the items; all of them are used only on pre-designed situations, mostly only in dungeons. And most of all, no one likes the long stretches of boring fetch quests and/or backtracking between the fun dungeons.

People only like TP for its dungeons alone. The game is perfectly described by how ProJared described Sonic Adventure 2: Lucky Charms/10.

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
The only good thing people say about the game, even the people who like it, are that the dungeons are great. And yes, Aonuma still brought his AAA-game when it came to the dungeons: they have great aesthetics, great atmosphere, use items and setpieces in creative ways, and they have unique enemies and mechanics. Also, Midna is a great character, people will say that.

But no one likes any of the characters bar Midna; they're one-dimensional and forgettable. No one likes the overworld; it's bland with no interesting landmarks. No one likes the exploration; the rewards are Rupees and Heart Pieces. No one likes the combat; the enemies are incredibly weak and unaggressive. No one likes the items; all of them are used only on pre-designed situations, mostly only in dungeons. And most of all, no one likes the long stretches of boring fetch quests and/or backtracking between the fun dungeons.

People only like TP for its dungeons alone. The game is perfectly described by how ProJared described Sonic Adventure 2: Lucky Charms/10.
Mmm, well guess I don't exist then, because I loved this game for a lot other things than just the Dungeons, and I'm sure I'm not the only one !

I liked some other characters bar Midna, the ressistance group of Telma were all pretty nice characters, and I liked going back there from time to time to talk to them and learn more about them, Zant was also a pretty well thought vilain, and Collin is far from being one-dimensional ! He was a really interesting character !

I liked the Overworld, visiting it again and again on Epona's back was a wonder, listenning to the ost of the game while running around the big plains or Rocky area was absolutly perfect, and I don't agree on the "bland" part, they were a lot of area with secrets hidden everywhere, a cave here, a hole to dig there, a new zone to explore by using x items, it was really nice to come back from time to time, and always have something new to explore !

I really don't agree on the battles, not when you have amazing bosses like Death Sword, or Blizzeta, they were so fun to fight ! I wish they kept the rematch option, even if I understand it don't make any sense in the story of TP, the normal battles were really fun too, and the Cavern of Ordeals is the proof of it ! This Sub Dungeon was so fun to go through !

Also I absolutly love the items in this game, those are my favorite one of any Zelda, they did so much new things with it ! Even the basic thing like the Boomerang and the Bow were upgraded and made even better than before with new gimmicks ! The Chain and Boulder was an amazingly fun item, same for the Dominion Rod, they just had so much well thought and amazing ideas with those !

So yeah, all in all, I don't agree with your points, because I personally find it fun, this entire game was just a LOT of fun, a lot of fun that I did again, and again, I never played a game as many times as I did with TP, and I played all Zelda games before you tell me it's because I never played something good, TP just stay the uncontested master of the best Zelda ever for me, and it will stay this way for a long time I think

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Nobody likes Twilight Princess, that’s why people got super pissed when somebody gave it ‘only’ an 8.8.

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else want to say something about me taking the lead of the Thread ? fogbadge fogbadge , I see you a lot around here, so anything to say about it ? I will still wait tommorow before contacting the Moderator again, but well, if you are opposed or have anything to say about me taking the lead, I'm here to listen to it

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Anyone else want to say something about me taking the lead of the Thread ? fogbadge fogbadge , I see you a lot around here, so anything to say about it ? I will still wait tommorow before contacting the Moderator again, but well, if you are opposed or have anything to say about me taking the lead, I'm here to listen to it
take the lead by all means

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I am glad that thinks worked out, you are the new Twilight Princess owner.

~~Now to push her for Smash~~

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
I am glad that thinks worked out, you are the new Twilight Princess owner.

~~Now to push her for Smash~~
Oh I'm not the new owner of the thread yet, like I said, I want to wait until tomorrow before contacting the mods again, leaving everyone the time to talk about if I'm fitted or not for owner, don't want to impose myself after all

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh I'm not the new owner of the thread yet, like I said, I want to wait until tomorrow before contacting the mods again, leaving everyone the time to talk about if I'm fitted or not for owner, don't want to impose myself after all
Alright, I see.

Vest thing we can do is wait things out. Since it's obvious that Kenith isn't coming back any time soon.

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
By the way guys, if/when Midna make it in, what do you think her alts skin would be ? What would they be referencing etc ...
Personally, I would see a Light Midna Skin, I still wonder how it wasn't in Hyrule Warriors ...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
By the way guys, if/when Midna make it in, what do you think her alts skin would be ? What would they be referencing etc ...
Personally, I would see a Light Midna Skin, I still wonder how it wasn't in Hyrule Warriors ...
her alts in hw were a little lack lustre, the light skin one does seem like what theyd have in smash

Last edited:

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
her alts in hw were a little lack lustre, the light skin one does seem like what theyd have in smash
Well ... at least they made the Ordon Shield Alt for the Mask, and that was hilarious, loved that moment in TP so I'm glad they referenced it hehe, Should definitly be one of her taunts if she get in !

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well ... at least they made the Ordon Shield Alt for the Mask, and that was hilarious, loved that moment in TP so I'm glad they referenced it hehe, Should definitly be one of her taunts if she get in !
yeah i love it when the alts reference stuff, she could have half with the shield

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
yeah i love it when the alts reference stuff, she could have half with the shield
Oh, well the shield is only in one little (funny and cute) scene, so I think that her having half of her alts with the shield might be overkill haha, a Taunt of her making the shield pop on her head, and giving some swings of the Sword (that she don't hold correctly), might be a better representation of this scene, and could leave nice alt skins like a Zant Colored Midna, a King Bubblin colored Midna etc ...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Oh, well the shield is only in one little (funny and cute) scene, so I think that her having half of her alts with the shield might be overkill haha, a Taunt of her making the shield pop on her head, and giving some swings of the Sword (that she don't hold correctly), might be a better representation of this scene, and could leave nice alt skins like a Zant Colored Midna, a King Bubblin colored Midna etc ...
well yes it was just a brief moment, but part of me just wants more alt costumes, thered still be plenty of room for a zant one or a zelda one

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
well yes it was just a brief moment, but part of me just wants more alt costumes, thered still be plenty of room for a zant one or a zelda one
Well ... in that case, something that would make more sense, and still being a neat Alternative Skin, would be Helmetless Midna ! Or even both ! Who knows ! In any ways, I find Alternative costume really cool too ! But Alternative Colors can be really nice too if referencing to another character, or having a nice color schedule !

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
By the way, if Midna did came in Smash, and with her, a new stage, some new music (old or remix) and a new AT to replace her, what would you pick?
Personally, I think that à Twilight Realm stage would be amazing, this place was just so beautiful and... Just so unique!

The Throne Room can also be something fun! Having the stage changing to the various Boss Battles, with the Bosses as hazard!

For music, I would KILL to fight over Remenant of Twilight, that music was so good! I would love to see a Ganondorf battle medley, remixing the 4 phases together!

As for AT, King Bubblin as one can be a really fun concept, slow super armored guy with his giant Axe that would do a LOT of damage, but, similar to Ridley in Smash 4, he can change side if you hit him for some time! Making him not only something to avoid, but a potential Ally, if you're ready to risk it!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
By the way, if Midna did came in Smash, and with her, a new stage, some new music (old or remix) and a new AT to replace her, what would you pick?
Personally, I think that à Twilight Realm stage would be amazing, this place was just so beautiful and... Just so unique!

The Throne Room can also be something fun! Having the stage changing to the various Boss Battles, with the Bosses as hazard!

For music, I would KILL to fight over Remenant of Twilight, that music was so good! I would love to see a Ganondorf battle medley, remixing the 4 phases together!

As for AT, King Bubblin as one can be a really fun concept, slow super armored guy with his giant Axe that would do a LOT of damage, but, similar to Ridley in Smash 4, he can change side if you hit him for some time! Making him not only something to avoid, but a potential Ally, if you're ready to risk it!
palace of twilight would be pretty good, personally id pick snowpeak ruins (i just like ice levels) and as for assist trophy id say zant, just have do his signature spin attack across the stage, or have grow huge and stomp the place

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
palace of twilight would be pretty good, personally id pick snowpeak ruins (i just like ice levels) and as for assist trophy id say zant, just have do his signature spin attack across the stage, or have grow huge and stomp the place
Oh! Snowpeak was such a cool zone! I can definitely get why you would want it as a stage hehe
Zant is, of course, the obvious choice in term of AT, even though... With all the things he have, he could work well as a stage Hazard too haha
What about music? Any soundtracks you would want in?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Oh! Snowpeak was such a cool zone! I can definitely get why you would want it as a stage hehe
Zant is, of course, the obvious choice in term of AT, even though... With all the things he have, he could work well as a stage Hazard too haha
What about music? Any soundtracks you would want in?
hmm all of them

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Hahahaha if only! There is so much good tracks in TP! Zant theme, Stallord second phase, Spirit's Lament etc..
If I could bring all of the soundtrack in Smash, I would for sure!
same here it feels like in terms of music theres an over dependence on older games and some of the more recent title got a bit left out

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
same here it feels like in terms of music theres an over dependence on older games and some of the more recent title got a bit left out
Yeah... That's kinda true for a lot of franchise, not only Zelda, but at least we got this Midna's Lament remix that is absolutely amazing to listen too!
But yeah, I wish they took the HW remix in the game too... Things like Eclipse of The Sun, a Great Evil or Remenant of Twilight would have been so fitting and amazing in Smash!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah... That's kinda true for a lot of franchise, not only Zelda, but at least we got this Midna's Lament remix that is absolutely amazing to listen too!
But yeah, I wish they took the HW remix in the game too... Things like Eclipse of The Sun, a Great Evil or Remenant of Twilight would have been so fitting and amazing in Smash!
yeah i would love some of those but oh well

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
I have to admit something, Midna Hair Hand have to be one of the coolest thing I ever saw in fiction!
I just love how maleable her hair is! She get it into a giant fist, into a Palm, and even Stab people with it! She can just do so much things with it, that's awesome
And I also really love how her hair react to her emotion, like this scene after the Zant fight where she is getting more and more angry as Zant talk, and her hair start sloooowly rising behind her as she get more angry, that's just an amazing design, and that's why Imp Midna us my favorite even if True Form also have a lot of cool things

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I have to admit something, Midna Hair Hand have to be one of the coolest thing I ever saw in fiction!
I just love how maleable her hair is! She get it into a giant fist, into a Palm, and even Stab people with it! She can just do so much things with it, that's awesome
And I also really love how her hair react to her emotion, like this scene after the Zant fight where she is getting more and more angry as Zant talk, and her hair start sloooowly rising behind her as she get more angry, that's just an amazing design, and that's why Imp Midna us my favorite even if True Form also have a lot of cool things
Indeed, her hair is one of her defining traits and really does give her alot of character in her imp form.

It's no wonder people feel her Imp design is more expressive and charismatic than her true Twili Form. But that's because we saw so little of that form at the very end of the game after they made us believe that Ganondorf succeeded in killing her.

This is all more of a reason why we sort of need a Twilight Princess 2.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Indeed, her hair is one of her defining traits and really does give her alot of character in her imp form.

It's no wonder people feel her Imp design is more expressive and charismatic than her true Twili Form. But that's because we saw so little of that form at the very end of the game after they made us believe that Ganondorf succeeded in killing her.

This is all more of a reason why we sort of need a Twilight Princess 2.
Honestly, the fact that Link's Awakening is remade somewhat gives me hope for a Twilight Princess 2 one day.

Just that I expect that to wait for some time, when we know a new one (likely BOTW 2) is happening in a few years.

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, the fact that Link's Awakening is remade somewhat gives me hope for a Twilight Princess 2 one day.

Just that I expect that to wait for some time, when we know a new one (likely BOTW 2) is happening in a few years.
But what if... BOTW 2 is TP 2?

Like, BOTW but done right, with actual dungeons and items, a universe that we know, two actually possibly (Hyrule/Twilight Realm), better battle with a side quest to find the Hero's Shade all around the world so he can teach you new skills, an actual story, a Link with a personality that isn't a side quest etc...

I would be all for that idea really, would be amazing!

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
But what if... BOTW 2 is TP 2?

Like, BOTW but done right, with actual dungeons and items, a universe that we know, two actually possibly (Hyrule/Twilight Realm), better battle with a side quest to find the Hero's Shade all around the world so he can teach you new skills, an actual story, a Link with a personality that isn't a side quest etc...

I would be all for that idea really, would be amazing!
You could have a point.

Maybe they could try a new Twilight Princess game in BOTW's style, but having more things traditional Zelda is known for. I wouldn't mind it either, and if the story doesn't rely on memories all over again either.

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
So! Question to all of you guys, what would be one attack that you would love to see on Midna if she get in? Can be one attack that she does in game (HW or TP), or an attack that you created based on all her abilities!

For me it would be the Down B I created for the Midna Moveset I made a while ago, becoming a Shadow inside the stage for a moment, before coming out of it and attacking the ennemies near by, giving a unique punish that can be really powerful, but also really punishable if not used correctly

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So! Question to all of you guys, what would be one attack that you would love to see on Midna if she get in? Can be one attack that she does in game (HW or TP), or an attack that you created based on all her abilities!

For me it would be the Down B I created for the Midna Moveset I made a while ago, becoming a Shadow inside the stage for a moment, before coming out of it and attacking the ennemies near by, giving a unique punish that can be really powerful, but also really punishable if not used correctly
that large ball of twilight magic she uses in warriors

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
That sounds sick... but I don't quite get how it would work. Would you be willing to elaborate?

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
That sounds sick... but I don't quite get how it would work. Would you be willing to elaborate?
Oh ! Sure thing hehe, I talked about it when I posted my moveset here, but here is what I wrote about it

"Down B : When using this move, a start up animation start where Midna slowly slip into the platform and in the shadows, she is hittable during the beginning of this attack even if her hitbox shrink down into the platform during it, once inside the shadows, she is invincible for a little bit of time, she is visible by a clear shadow on the platform (just like Greninja's), once the timer is up, she get back from the shadow and attack the nearest enemy, if no enemy is near her at that moment, she simply slip back to the stage"

If you have any more questions about it, please don't be afraid to ask!

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
I somehow forgot to talk about it here ...

We are officially organising an event in the Midna support server ! A ZeldaFest will take place between the Midna server, and the Skull Kid one, the rules are simple, join the Discord, Pick a Team, and from Saturday 00:00 CTM to Sunday 23:59 CTM, special Matchup for Smash Ultimate will be in place, find a match against a member of the opposite Team, and then battle against him in the glory of your favorite character ! Each 3 battles earn one point to the Winner's team, the Team with the most point at the end of the event win ! So which one of those Masked Tricksters will win ? It's only up to you guys !

The event is starting in only 5 hours, but you can join mid way without problem if you are interested ! Sorry again for forgetting to talk about it here, links to the Discord are in the Original Post of this Thread and in my Sig ! Good luck to everyone participating !

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
I'm proud to present you all the Midna Stock Icons and Alts I made with the community of my server ! Each Alts have it's reference, try and guess it all !
Really happy with how people involved themself in that project and kept on coming up with ideas, thanks everyone that helped !

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm proud to present you all the Midna Stock Icons and Alts I made with the community of my server ! Each Alts have it's reference, try and guess it all !
Really happy with how people involved themself in that project and kept on coming up with ideas, thanks everyone that helped !

nice job

Top Bottom