• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Twilight Princess: Midna for Smash: Ya Gotta Have Wolf Link

How do you want your Midna in Smash?

• Total voters

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
hyrule warriors gave us some stuff to work with
True! But I'm with him on that one, Fused Shadow would be better, the True Form is something totally else, and something that could even get it's own spot in the future, also, True Form have a LOTS of things to work with, where the Fused Shadows is something that only Imp Midna use, and don't have too much thing, so you can make a FS more easely of that

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
True! But I'm with him on that one, Fused Shadow would be better, the True Form is something totally else, and something that could even get it's own spot in the future, also, True Form have a LOTS of things to work with, where the Fused Shadows is something that only Imp Midna use, and don't have too much thing, so you can make a FS more easely of that
well that was kind of my point twili midna works as a full character as well as imp midna

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Okay so, after what I posted here yesterday about my takes on Midna's specials, I worked on doing the whole moveset, and I'm proud to annonce that it's now complete! Here goes my take on our favorite Twilight Princess, you can ask me any questions, I'm really waiting to see what you guys think of it!

Jab : One attack only, transforming her hair into a giant fist, she threw it at the opponent before pulling it back

Forward Tilt : One quick slap with her giant hand in front of her

Down Tilt : Using her hair as a palm this time, she slap directly into the ground with it, grounding opponent touched for a short time

Up Tilt : A swipe of her hair, start from the ground in front of her, and do a quick swipe above her

Forward Smash : She charge up her fist behind her, the more she charge it, the more Purple magic drop of it, (it's a cosmetic effect, charging up just do like every other Smash attacks), and then she release it with one big hit with her hair

Down Smash : She partially merge with the shadow, as her hit box become very small and near the ground, she then do one spin with her Hair, hitting first in front of her, and then behind her

Up Smash : Using her Magic, she make a pointy rock rise up from the stage, and upward hitting the enemies in the air with this powerful projectile

Neutral Aerial : Her hair take the form of a palm, before doing a quick spin around her, slapping away the enemies near her

Forward/Back Aerial : She create a shadow ball in her hand in both case, but use it differently for the Forward and aerial one, for the Forward one, she throw it in front of her, it goes à bit of distance before making a little explosion, it explode before if encountering an enemy, when using her back aerial though, she explode it immediately, making a large hitbox around her back, and propelling her a bit forward

Up Aerial : Making her Hand into a Palm form again, she make a big push up her head, if an enemy get hit by this attacks, he won't receive much damage, but will be pushed upward rapidly, the knock back increase very slightly with damage, but it always push pretty high

Down Aerial : Using her magic, she make a drill kick straight down while laughing, she isn't able to stop herself mid way, and it's a pretty fast, multi hit attacks that will drag down the enemy with you

Grab : She use her hand to grab the enemy, after that she just stand lazely as the Hand either constrict to deal damage (Pummel), or throw the enemy violently in one direction (Throw)

Neutral Special : Using her Hand as a palm, she start charging up a big orb of Dark Energy, she cannot move while she is charging it up, but she can keep the charge by rolling or dodging, when throwing it she throw it right at her feet causing a big explosion, the more charged it is, the bigger the explosion is, and the more damage it deal, those hitted only by the explosion will take less damage than the one that got caught by the orb throw and the explosion

Side Special : A Special type of command grab, she will stretch her hair in the direction chosen, and will grab any enemies her hair meet, she will then stretch her hair back to her, and throw the enemy in one direction, by pressing the button a second time, the grabbing hand will change into a fist, dealing good amount of damage and of knock back in the direction the fist is going, she cannot move while using this move and cannot cancel it in the middle of it either

Up B : Midna create a warp portal and use it to teleport up her current location, she cannot be hitted when teleporting, but the Teleport cannot be aimed, it will only go up, the Teleport pass through solid object, but will always teleport in the air, it isn't possible to recover directly on a platform, her teleport does not have a hurt box, but she do not get into free fall mod after the warp

Down B : When using this move, a start up animation start where Midna slowly slip into the platform and in the shadows, she is hittable during the beginning of this attack even if her hitbox shrink down into the platform during it, once inside the shadows, she is invincible for a little bit of time, she is visible by a clear shadow on the platform (just like Greninja's), once the timer is up, she get back from the shadow and attack the nearest enemy, if no enemy is near her at that moment, she simply slip back to the stage

Final Smash : The Fused Shadow appear around her as she suddenly transform, anyone touched by her Spider Form limbs get sended into an animation where Midna, in this new Beastial form, unleash a brutal combo with her Giant Spear, if no one get touched, the Fused Shadow simply parts away, leaving Midna in her normal form again

Taunt :
-Up Taunt have her reaching her hand out, making the Fused Shadows appear, she look at them, before wrapping them away and laughing
-Side Taunt have her making the Ordon Shield and Sword appear, the Shield on her head as a mask, and the sword back handed, she give a quick swing, before pulling the items away
-Down Taunt have her extending her hair into a palm, before sitting on it and laughing, then coming back to her normal stand

Idle Animation :
-Midna pull off the Twilight Thorn, playing a bit with it in her hand, before pulling it away
-She start levitating in a laying down position as she start to hum the first few notes of her theme

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
So um, in any ways, anyone here have anything to say on this moveset I made ? I'm open to all feedbacks or opinions on that ! I hope I did justice to our dear Twilight Princess, but I do want to hear it if that's not the case

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Midna alone with Wolf Link summoned by side special is probably preferable, in my opinion.

I had a thought earlier today, on what could be interesting. Bring back the Twilight Princess Link to replace Breath of the Wild Link in the next game, but neutral special transforms him to Wolf Link, like how down special transformed Zelda to Sheik/Sheik to Zelda. How would everyone take to that?

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Midna alone with Wolf Link summoned by side special is probably preferable, in my opinion.

I had a thought earlier today, on what could be interesting. Bring back the Twilight Princess Link to replace Breath of the Wild Link in the next game, but neutral special transforms him to Wolf Link, like how down special transformed Zelda to Sheik/Sheik to Zelda. How would everyone take to that?
Midna alone doesn't even need a summonable Wolf Link as she have plenty of unique attacks of herself, but it can be an interesting choices !

As for your idea for the TP Link, it would indeed be very interesting, but they shut down all transformable characters, so I dunno if they would want to add another one like that, I would personally love it though ! But he would need Midna with him since all the unique stuff he can do (that isn't just a bite) come from the fact that Midna is with him, without her, he can't do the High Jump, he can't do the Zone, he can't do the wraps, sure you can come up with some things, but as it is right now, while Midna don't need Wolf Link, Wolf Link would need Midna in my opinion

Nutty Sponge

Smash Apprentice
all right just be ready for a lot of responses
Yeah lol

Share away then. I hope you’re up for a good debate though!
Just going to condense it in a sentence

I just think that she isn't the best candidate. I would much rather have someone like Impa who's been in the series for quite a long time and has been waiting to get in.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

I just think that she isn't the best candidate. I would much rather have someone like Impa who's been in the series for quite a long time and has been waiting to get in.
Different strokes, I guess. I find Impa a pretty poor pick due to inconsistent portrayals, lack of moveset potential outside of HW and relatively low popularity.

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman

Well, Impa is a consistent character, but it's always a different person, so in that sense, she's just like Link and Zelda, which is why I understand your logic, but after, she isn't the most interesting candidat, she doesn't have a lot of unique move, and most of what could be created around her already have been used on Sheik, which is why I think that Impa should take Sheik place, getting her moveset and everything

Midna is the fan favorite, a character that stayed popular years after her debut, and is revelant again now due to her remake that worked really well among the fans, she have an interesting character, and interesting abilities to boot, which would make a really unique character, Zelda fans have been yearning for a new unique character for years, it would be dissapointing to have the next character being a clone of Sheik, yes Impa would make more sense, but she would be a dissapointing choice, apart if she simply replace Sheik, it still leave place for a newcommer

Nutty Sponge

Smash Apprentice
Well, Impa is a consistent character, but it's always a different person, so in that sense, she's just like Link and Zelda, which is why I understand your logic, but after, she isn't the most interesting candidat, she doesn't have a lot of unique move, and most of what could be created around her already have been used on Sheik, which is why I think that Impa should take Sheik place, getting her moveset and everything

Midna is the fan favorite, a character that stayed popular years after her debut, and is revelant again now due to her remake that worked really well among the fans, she have an interesting character, and interesting abilities to boot, which would make a really unique character, Zelda fans have been yearning for a new unique character for years, it would be dissapointing to have the next character being a clone of Sheik, yes Impa would make more sense, but she would be a dissapointing choice, apart if she simply replace Sheik, it still leave place for a newcommer
Impa isn't my most wanted. But the most likely of the characters I want. I would love to have the Champions, but they can't use 4 of the DLC slots on Zelda. Either you add them all or you don't have them at all which is a shame

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Impa isn't my most wanted. But the most likely of the characters I want. I would love to have the Champions, but they can't use 4 of the DLC slots on Zelda. Either you add them all or you don't have them at all which is a shame
Well ... they brought back Pokemon trainer, so a gimmick of this sort could work well with the Champions, but it would be one hell of a character, and I'm not sure if they would sell 4 moveset for the price of one, so yeah I doubt they will make it in

As for me, Midna is my most wanted of course, loved her and supported her since Brawl days (not on this board though), but if we're following the rules already in place for the Zelda roster, Tetra would be my choice, recurent enough outside of Spin Off (4 games), she's TECHINCALLY part of the Triforce Trio, but with being a first step out of that, because she's most definitly not Zelda, I believe she made her point clear on that herself, and she would have a unique and cool moveset that I would love to see in Smash

So yeah, Midna is my most wanted, Tetra the most likely of those I want, also, you might wanna words your sentence better next time, from what you told everyone here, you don't have anything against Midna, you just don't think she would be the next choice, so you're not talking about how she's "not a good character" like you were talking about in the beginning, not being very likely, don't make you a worse character

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
while Midna don't need Wolf Link, Wolf Link would need Midna in my opinion
Good point. I also agree that Midna would be great by herself, but having Wolf Link as a side special or Final Smash would be good for the fans of Wolf Link.
Didn't really think of how Wolf Link wouldn't work on his own, but you're definitely right. A Final Smash could be cool though.

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Good point. I also agree that Midna would be great by herself, but having Wolf Link as a side special or Final Smash would be good for the fans of Wolf Link.
Didn't really think of how Wolf Link wouldn't work on his own, but you're definitely right. A Final Smash could be cool though.
Yeah it would be a nice nod, but she does have some nice moves that could replace that, so while it's a choice that would be cool to see, it's really not needed when she have attacks like a long distance grab with her hair (for a side special), or the Fused Shadows (for a Final Smash)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

im of the opinion there is no choice for a bad zelda character

Quillion

Smash Hero
The main problem with Midna is that she originates from the 2006-2011 slump of the Zelda series. Most people agree that Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword are the weakest 3D Zelda games, with its DS cousins lumped in along with them; there's a big rivalry over whether TP or SS is the worst, and virtually no one considers them both good at the same time.

At least Skull Kid represents Zelda's golden age.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The main problem with Midna is that she originates from the 2006-2011 slump of the Zelda series. Most people agree that Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword are the weakest 3D Zelda games, with its DS cousins lumped in along with them; there's a big rivalry over whether TP or SS is the worst, and virtually no one considers them both good at the same time.

Ignoring the fact that that criteria hinges upon the relative subjective qualities of great games, why does that matter?

Nobody’s gonna tell you that Mario Sunshine or NSMB are the best Mario games, Bowser Jr. still got in.

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman

Twilight Princess is a weak game?! How? This game is Hella complete, I may have a bit of bias as it is my favorite game of all time, but still, this game is not weak in any ways, if one of the two is weak, it would be MM, as it was a pretty short game, developed in only one year

But in any ways, all of that is really subjective, those two games are amazing, and I don't think you can call a game like TP "weak", was selling Wiis like hot cake when it came out, and the HD remake worked wonderfully well too, also Midna is all in all, a very liked and popular character, one of the most popular character of the series as a matter of fact

And if you want to go in the "X represent Y do it should get in", Midna represent something that have been there in almost every Zelda, the companion character, and she's generally agreed to be the best one of all the companions

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Twilight Princess is a weak game?! How? This game is Hella complete, I may have a bit of bias as it is my favorite game of all time, but still, this game is not weak in any ways, if one of the two is weak, it would be MM, as it was a pretty short game, developed in only one year

But in any ways, all of that is really subjective, those two games are amazing, and I don't think you can call a game like TP "weak", was selling Wiis like hot cake when it came out, and the HD remake worked wonderfully well too, also Midna is all in all, a very liked and popular character, one of the most popular character of the series as a matter of fact

And if you want to go in the "X represent Y do it should get in", Midna represent something that have been there in almost every Zelda, the companion character, and she's generally agreed to be the best one of all the companions
Nah, but we should have Navi as she's the most popular, and represents the greatest game of all time, ever.

I'm being sarcastic.

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Nah, but we should have Navi as she's the most popular, and represents the greatest game of all time, ever.

I'm being sarcastic.
I know you're being sarcastic but, where Navi is popular for being extremely annoying, Midna is popular for being awesome, that's the difference, that being said, Navi joining in Smash would be hilarious and I would love to see what they would come up with haha

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Unless it's Yunobo.
nope hes all awesome they are all awesome

youre evidently part of a very different fandom, also i dont like the accusation that the zelda series has ever had a slump

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Got a question, is the author of the Thread still there somewhere ? Or as he just abandoned the Thread all together ?

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
He's absolutely gone.
He hasn't been active since June of 2018.
Shoot ! That doesn't help me ... Yesterday I made a Smashcord for the support of our Twilight Princess, and as thinking about asking him to put it into the OP, but if he's gone, I dunno where I should put it ... I really want to rally as much Midna fans as I can, this community that I love so much need to rise up once again ! But if he's gone ... I really dunno where to put it then

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Shoot ! That doesn't help me ... Yesterday I made a Smashcord for the support of our Twilight Princess, and as thinking about asking him to put it into the OP, but if he's gone, I dunno where I should put it ... I really want to rally as much Midna fans as I can, this community that I love so much need to rise up once again ! But if he's gone ... I really dunno where to put it then
Put the link in your signature I guess?

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
And the link to the discord have been added to the OP ! It is now done !

Venus did give me an idea through a misunderstanding though, they first thought I wanted to take the lead of the Thread, and well, while it wasn't my intention at first, it might not be such a bad idea, from what I got, the OP is dead since June 2018 right ? And well, to bring back together this community, having an active OP might be for the best

So I wanted to ask if anyone would be against me taking over, and trying to give life again to this Thread ? And if you are against it, would you have anyone that would be okay with taking over instead ? Anyone that would be active enough to bring this community back together ? I don't want to impose myself or anything, which is why I will wait for you guys to respond before doing anything, but I do really want to bring this thread back to life, so finding a new leader to the Thread could be a really nice idea, being it me or someone else

Top Bottom