• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Twilight Princess: Midna for Smash: Ya Gotta Have Wolf Link

How do you want your Midna in Smash?

• Total voters

andimidna

Smash Master
I get that concern, but I think it’s doable to balance the focus leaning any way. Hyrule Warriors had it extremely focused on Midna, probably more than it needs to be. In twilight princess itself it’s actually hard to say because while you’re moving around as Wolf Link and doing his simple attacks, a lot of the special actions mainly involnved playing as her in a sense

I definitely think it’s manageable for any end goal untimately though

PF9

Smash Lord
I have an interesting headcanon regarding Link's wolf form.

When Link is really agitated, he turns into his wolf form and wreaks major havoc a la The Incredible Hulk.

As far as Midna she became relevant again with the HD version of TP. She should get in.

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
I would like Midna (in her imp form without the wolf). I would prefer it if Midna was the character, not Midna AND Link as a wolf.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I would like Midna (in her imp form without the wolf). I would prefer it if Midna was the character, not Midna AND Link as a wolf.
My feelings exactly Mental Surge. What about her Final Smash? I want it to be her True Form. Which I think fits her better than Fused Shadow as that is more evil.

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
Personally I'd like to see her as Twili Midna from Hyrule Warriors. That's probably her most badass and interesting incarnation. She can ride around on wolves, summon twilight objects, throw around that twilight lance, etc.. It could be pretty awesome.

andimidna

Smash Master
Yea I can see why that’d be more appealing. I’d like for them to reference the main game as much as possible for something that feels rly authentic but who knows what the future of the series is really

CharM3D

Smash Rookie
well the e3 direct is tomorrow... still hoping for this. of the three characters im hoping for this is actually the most likely tho. which doesnt say much since the other 2 are grovyle (pokemon mystery dungeon 2) and the masked man (mother 3). well they almost certainly won't reveal the entire roster tomorrow so they wont immediately crush my dreams at least. except the melee mechanics im also hoping for. chances are they confirm tomorrow that that's not gonna happen. anyways i hope there's at least some chance for midna and wolf link.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I'm a supporter. Both Twilight Princess HD and Hyrule Warriors 3DS released really early in 2016. So by the time Sakurai made his project plan she was actually quite relevant. I'm not holding my breath though, but if Both Link and Zelda get a BOTW makeover she would make sense as a TP rep. Then again I don't see Sakurai changing Ganondorf.

andimidna

Smash Master
Well, that was p wild. At least she’s part of the game ig. Oh well

Kinda sucks there’s not even alts of the old TP designs as options, but they did last longer than expected. P much everyone thought we’d get SS looks last game. I like that they’re pulling from different games for each. I never got why people thought they all had to match. I just don’t like the disrespec ppl are putting on the old designs just bc they overstayed their welcome smh

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I just had a thought.... Imp Midna was deconfirmed but what if (as unlikely as it would be) Twili Midna (True Form for Midna) was available?

Honestly, I doubt we'd get Twili Midna but I'd love that as an alternative. She'd still be very unique and have more potential as a solo character than Imp Midna.

Even if that were too much she could be a "Twilight themed Echo" of Zelda.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I hope so. Midna has a lot of potential and a lot of recognizability among fans. I still wish for her even though she's an AT again.

andimidna

Smash Master
Yea lmao I couldn’t help but think the same thing grasping at that little hope Twili Midna becomes a Zelda Echo. I’d be reaally surprised to see her in that role over Toon Zelda, but she’d be way more interesting lmao
It’s still slightly possible for yea ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Welp, at least she's in the game....

A little frustrating tbh. Also it sucks that there's now no TP representation at all amoung the Zelda characters which makes the lack of Midna even more of an omission.

Twili Midna as an Echo of Zelda? I mean I previously thought that if her true form would be in the game she'd more likely be a clone of Zelda and I'll take Midna in any way I can get her so I'll be happy.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
So, here is the new question. If Midna were to be an "Echo" of Zelda how would she change? I think many of the Twilight themes would replace Zelda's Goddess Magic.

For example: replace Farore's Wind would be replaced with the Teleport animation from Twilight Princess. Din's Fire could just be some kind of shadow ball. I'm not sure what Nayru's Love could do but I think there could be something to replace that. Maybe instead of the Phantom armor it could be some kind of Shadow Fiend/Shadow Wolf.

Final Smash could be the Mirror of Twilight.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Made a supporter list, lots of people that commented here I didn't include because I wasn't certain of their support. I assume Midna has many more supporters than this but a lot of people got discouraged by her AT last time (and now this time as well). I included anyone that showed interest in her being playable no matter the form, and people that upvoted the OP.

I'll leave this here if the OP wants to use it:

1. Kenith
  2. Mental Surge
  3. FunAtParties
  4. TumblrFamous
  5. Celever
  6. Aetheri
  7. andimidna
  8. Wolfie557
  9. Ghirahilda
  10. Jason the Yoshi
  11. PrinceGal3n
  12. Cutie Gwen
  13. dangeraaron10
  14. Mythra
  15. AlphaSSB
  16. Aussie the Naturist
  17. Planet Zeb(es)~
  18. KeybladeSmasher
  19. ryuu seika
  20. fogbadge
  21. Kirbeh
  22. Diddy Kong
  23. ZealousGamer
  24. Eisendrachen
  25. Shy_Guy595
  26. Amazon Pandora
  27. CaptainAmerica
  28. Malkior7
  29. Graizen
  30. Lyndis4Smash
  31. Sage of Ice
  32. verysleepywolf
  33. SEGAGameBoy
  34. PF9
  35. QrowinSP
  36. CharM3D
  37. DarkFalcon
  38. InASnowBoundLand

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Would I be considered a supporter if I want Minda in her human form and be a Zelda echo?

I just want Wolf Link as a final Smash in a revamp Twlight princess Link

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Would I be considered a supporter if I want Minda in her human form and be a Zelda echo?

I just want Wolf Link as a final Smash in a revamp Twlight princess Link
I counted everyone that wants Midna playable in any form. Idc if it's with or without the wolf, imp or human form.

If you aren't there, I may have missed you, or you didn't comment before. I won't be updating the list, but it's there if others want to keep track.

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I counted everyone that wants Midna playable in any form. Idc if it's with or without the wolf, imp or human form.

If you aren't there, I may have missed you, or you didn't comment before. I won't be updating the list, but it's there if others want to keep track.
I made my comment after

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I've heard some people talk about Twili Midna as a Zelda echo, which I think would be pretty cool. Of course the imp form is way more well known, but I could see a Midna echo easily. After all, just make her attacks have darkness effects (or even like that sol she uses in HW), and then switch the specials graphics to the twilight motif. The new Phantom attack could just be switched for a summon of twilight creatures.

I'd totally be down for that.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I made my comment after
I'll update it just this once for you;)

1. Kenith
  2. Mental Surge
  3. FunAtParties
  4. TumblrFamous
  5. Celever
  6. Aetheri
  7. andimidna
  8. Wolfie557
  9. Ghirahilda
  10. Jason the Yoshi
  11. PrinceGal3n
  12. Cutie Gwen
  13. dangeraaron10
  14. Mythra
  15. AlphaSSB
  16. Aussie the Naturist
  17. Planet Zeb(es)~
  18. KeybladeSmasher
  19. ryuu seika
  20. fogbadge
  21. Kirbeh
  22. Diddy Kong
  23. ZealousGamer
  24. Eisendrachen
  25. Shy_Guy595
  26. Amazon Pandora
  27. CaptainAmerica
  28. Malkior7
  29. Graizen
  30. Lyndis4Smash
  31. Sage of Ice
  32. verysleepywolf
  33. SEGAGameBoy
  34. PF9
  35. QrowinSP
  36. CharM3D
  37. DarkFalcon
  38. InASnowBoundLand
  39. smashingDoug

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I've heard some people talk about Twili Midna as a Zelda echo, which I think would be pretty cool. Of course the imp form is way more well known, but I could see a Midna echo easily. After all, just make her attacks have darkness effects (or even like that sol she uses in HW), and then switch the specials graphics to the twilight motif. The new Phantom attack could just be switched for a summon of twilight creatures.

It's definitely an interesting idea. One that would work well for her true form, however it's hard to say whether Sakurai would go for it since he already put her in as an assist trophy with her imp form.

Though it could be possible that her imp form and true form differ enough for her to be considered more separate, afterall both forms are 'different' fighters in Hyrule Warriors.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
If the Skull Kid rumors are true that's good news for the future of Midna. The "one off" Zelda rep barrier will be broken. And I think Midna ranks highly among one off Zelda character requests, in fact she ranks highly among Zelda requests period! I think the fanbase needs something to make them believe it could happen though to vocalize it more. Skull Kid getting in would do that. I like Skull Kid but I'm also rooting for him for Midna's sake.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Why has it taken me so long to voice my support? Ah well, better late than never, I guess.
But yeah, Midna! Easily my first personal choice for a new Zelda rep that's NOT, y'know, Link or Zelda. Preferably as a solo imp. (though I definitely wouldn't complain if she just had to have Wolf Link)

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord

A wolf from HW could work in a way? Or does she use the she use shadow beasts in her attacks in HW? Haven’t unlocked human Midna

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Noticed I haven’t supported Midna yet. Her disconfirmation was too bad, but hey, there’s always next game, right?

Mike Cometa

Smash Rookie
Oh, I didn´t even know this thread exist, Midna was my most wanted character and her early disconfirmation rlly hurt me.

So , yeah i support her

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Honetly, the more I think about it, the more I'd be okay with Twili Midna as a Zelda echo. I'm really against more clones for the Zelda series considering how many there are already (sorry Impa), but I'd make an exception if Midna showed up with Zelda's kit.

Bonus points if Kirby's hat still ends up being the fused shadow. I am royally (lol) pissed off that Kirby's Zelda hat changed from the classic Zelda hat to a new wig.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I'm not with Twili Midna tbh. Not an echo supporter, and the Legend of Zelda series in general already has enough half-assed movesets to go around.

Imp Midna may be deconfirmed, but it's still what I want, and will continue to support.

Louisacommie

Smash Apprentice
Hey I decided to start a dlc campaign for zelda newcomers in general early before the game comes out to beat evreyone to the curb

https://mobile.twitter.com/ZeldaNew

I made midna support my first tweet out if nostalgia for the brawl hype cycle though I admit I want other Zelda characters more

And if any assist trophies ate upgraded Ashley and waluigi are the more likely but we should try for any zelda newcomers in general, and midna

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
So, here is the new question. If Midna were to be an "Echo" of Zelda how would she change? I think many of the Twilight themes would replace Zelda's Goddess Magic.

For example: replace Farore's Wind would be replaced with the Teleport animation from Twilight Princess. Din's Fire could just be some kind of shadow ball. I'm not sure what Nayru's Love could do but I think there could be something to replace that. Maybe instead of the Phantom armor it could be some kind of Shadow Fiend/Shadow Wolf.

Final Smash could be the Mirror of Twilight.
rtp_03_banner__large.png

This could work as a reskined Nayru's Love

Machete

Smash Ace
Hey I decided to start a dlc campaign for zelda newcomers in general early before the game comes out to beat evreyone to the curb

https://mobile.twitter.com/ZeldaNew

I made midna support my first tweet out if nostalgia for the brawl hype cycle though I admit I want other Zelda characters more

And if any assist trophies ate upgraded Ashley and waluigi are the more likely but we should try for any zelda newcomers in general, and midna
I’ll do anything to support the one real imp Midna as dlc, no matter what

Last edited:

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
So um, I know this thread is kinda dead since October, but I still wanted to one, share my support for this amazing character that I've been supporting since Brawl! Two, I also wanted to share a little something I made, some ideas that I fleshed out for Midna's specials if she ever got in, so.. Tell me what you guys think of it hehe

Neutral Special : Charge up a Projectile with her hair (picture her Special from HW), when throwing it, she throw it directly on the ground near her, an explosion occur giving lighter damage to those who gets hit only by the explosion, the more you charge it, the bigger it is, and the more damage it does
Side Special : A Special type of Command grab, she stretch her hair into the direction targeted, stretch it a good distance before coming back, if she touch an oponent, she will take him back with her hair, and then throw it (like her actual AT move), you can choose the direction in which she throw it, hitting the button another time will change the grabbing hand into a fist hair that will smash the oponent away in the direction of her hit, she is unable to cancel the move once started, so dangerous to use if your ennemy can jump over it easely
Up Special : Had Two ideas for this one, the first one, a simple grapler move with her hair, grab the ledge by extending her hair, the second, use a warp portal like in TP, she is invunerable when warping, but it can only warp her up, can't change the direction, it pass through plateform though, so it is really useful, but also very dangerous to use if your ennemy know where you will pop
Down Special : Hide in the Shadow, she dissapear while doing this attack, but just like Greninja, the Shadow is visible, she have a timer up when using this move, and once it's done, she come back to the stage while attacking an ennemie if he is close enough, should be used either as an escape move, or as a sort of counter
Final Smash : The Fused Shadow appear around her as she suddenly transform, anyone touched by her Spider Form limbs get sended into an animation where Midna, in this new Beastial form, unleash a brutal combo with her Giant Spear, if no one get touched, the Fused Shadow simply parts away, leaving Midna in her normal form again

Top Bottom