• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Turkey Caused Our Extinction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

Original post on SA Thread, Edited a bit for Yushee Boreds.
[collapse=Let it Begin]After I got home today (Sunday) and had a short nap, I literally sat on my Computer chair and thought too myself for almost 3 hours with Banjo-Kazooie Treasure Trove Cove playing (Don't ask, it somehow helps my thought process).
The first two hours and thirty minutes was basically the Yoshi boards and what's going on in the inside of it. For now... Yoshi boards rant.

Whenever someone tries to do something they either quit cause noone else is willing to help cause they'd rather lurk and just never go on the boards/post their opinions, or just flat out lazy/don't care.
For the amount of Yoshi mains who've tried to help and or do something since i've joined the competitive scene (Almost 10 months and the best of my Knowledge) is around 6 or so different players.

Polt with great tournament results being in the BBR and helping with MU summaries in the past and now present with the recent BBR MU Chart.
Hadesblade being in BBR, not sure how much he helped with aside from MU summaries.
Z'zgashi with MU's that atleast had a group and a bit of discussion but random numbers mashed together by some Yoshi's not submitting a real summary and just putting Ex - 60-40 (Gave up for a couple of months and randomly started doing it again recently but then stopped a few days later)
CelestialMarauder with Stupid Yoshi tricks and Surveying the Island: Yoshi Research/Discovery (Quit in less than a day)
Yink being our great mod cleaning up our boards putting threads in archives which's why all of the Yoshi mains posts went down and trying her best to revive us from the dead. (Which isn't working on us)
Scatz for atleast trying to motivate us to get off our tails and do something on both Skype and the Yoshi boards. (But more then 90% still saying Nope)
And there's myself, in charge of Tournament results since old thread owner quit/banned himself and tried to finish a Top 5 Yoshi PR but noone gave opinions or tried to help me with everyone else in tourney threads. I did try to atleast start with something small like Stages/CP's for Yoshi and sorta did for that Research thing that was dropped so quickly.

For Yoshi's who's helped with alot of stuff in the past (That I know of from lurking 2002-2008)
Shiri (Not Active) - Despite being a strict mod, he did so much for us, did lots of MU's for Yoshi, A MU thread that's Yes... Outdated but it's literally all we've got. Did Dragon Dance Pick-Up which helps quite a bit for characters like Peach ROB and Diddy (No longer Mod and hardly plays Brawl, mostly melee)
Scarlet Jile - Still working with the Video thread and discovered THE GREAT DR.
Lil B/SOVAMan (Banned) - Did tournament thread and CG thread till he decided to quit/get himself banned.
Bwett - Was our mod for quite awhile, did very well with Yoshi (In TX) But mains Diddy now.
Kiwi (Not active) - He helped greatly with our Thread locator. Yes also outdated and last fixed in 2009 but still helps.
Mmac (Not Active) - Made quite good summaries for Yoshi and even with other boards who were doing discussions on Yoshi. Also tried to do the same thing as me with Yoshi Stage Counterpick Discussion, found so many tech discoveries that he became the Heart and Soul of Yoshi.
Scatz - Thankfully still active but a Pika main mostly I believe, helped explain DR with both frame data plus videos and too many stuff to count on what he's helped us with.
Eternal Yoshi - Hitbubbles for Yoshi. (Not 100% accurate but alot better then having nothing)
Yikarur - Frame Data and for just being in the Smash lab.
Metatitan (Mains Pika) - Moveset Summaries/threads
burntsockz - MU Summaries
Slice - Germany Yoshi but the ONLY Yoshi who can use almost every tech perfectly in matches and win MU's (Not lucario) that Yoshi normally loses.
Sharky - Helped with a Big group project.
Airborne - Yoshi interview thread some inputs in MUs
Silent Beast - He mostly lurks cause he's "The Silent One" but he helped explain two japanese Yoshi videos that has some insane techs he's pulling off.

This is basically all I can think of for now, isn't 100% right just stuff I was able to find while digging through old threads and Posts. I might as well go on to "Todays" Yoshi's.

Polt - A member of the BBR, Very active tournament wise and is the main target of hate towards most of Todays Yoshi's with me being the second target.
Delta-Cod - Don't have much intel on him, but he is "The Popefish" and created a common Yoshi term "Deltacodding" which's basically camping the whole match and doing nothing else. Thankfully doesn't hate on Polt or me, but has a Weird thing for MU's. One second Snake is =, the next He's now -2. For right now he believes Marth is Even.
Hadesblade - BBR member... and that's all I know.
Scatz - Going through life troubles so don't blame him. But he's literally getting tired of the Yoshi boards and has given up trying to get us to do stuff for a bit since noone wants to.
Yikarur - Mostly school, but says that he's getting lazy in the Smash Lab.
Firefly - Canada Yoshi who's getting good placements.
burntsockz - Dunno much but still comes up from time to time for a small summary or just go on the YGD
Z'zgashi - Utah Yoshi, doing good in tournaments and sorta did MU ratios but goes on a month or so break.
Celestial and Davidlazer - Wifi Yoshi's who bash on how bad Polt and I are despite us going to tournaments and actually getting placements.

Yes... this may seem harsh and stuff towards my own keen, But seriously this is ridiculous. Not only do Yoshi mains (over skype) love to fight against eachother and bash one another. We can't agree on anything and little to nothing gets done. Yoshi is most likely headed to Mid tier next Tierlist which might spark a little more interest to a few character boards and make them say "Yoshi is total garbage, and he's this high? We need to probably re-do a discussion on him, Get a muzzle for Polt, and throw his *** back to Low tier!" and we still have MU threads that're almost dated back 2 years ago. Gonna use Sonic as an example, Was low Tier for one tierlist, they buckled down and started working hard and ended up in mid-tier and going up +8 places in the third tierlist.
This will probably make most Yoshi's hate me, but i'll take that risk just to spark a fire on their tails to hopefully try SOMETHING. Cause right now DownB teching is basically all we're working on, and I don't see that being used much at a tournament in the near future.
[/collapse]

This is the longest post i've made, More bigger then Top 5 Yoshi's and Tournament Results. SA thread/Yoshi Boards HAVE FUN READING... But always remember this.

/coolstorybro

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I tried to keep MU chart up, but lost access to Internet for a couple weeks back then and kinda forgot. Then someone reminded me, so I tried to bring it back, but we only got 5 people in the group out of the 17ish in there, and the mu discussion only got 6ish posts, 2 of which were me. :(

Also, and I know it's a bit of a John, but I quite literally don't have a place to live right now. My only job is just 2-3 days a week, and no place is hiring, so I can only pay for food/gas/phone/tournaments. The only reason I still even go to tournaments is because of how legit and amazing the scene and brawl is. I've been spending nights at my friends' houses most of the time, and even had to sleep in my car a couple times. I have school along with 2 college classes and am now having car problems as well. I quite literally have no time. The only reason I still am so active is cuz I use the satilite Internet via my phone...

I also don't have a wii to practice/experiment/test anymore :/

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I actually saw this earlier today but decided not to comment on it yet. Still, I think this would have been better reserved for the social thread, you know?

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
What! I go to like 5 tournaments in a month and get nothing. I r dissapoint. No, but seriously we do have to stop this bad habit of not getting things done.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
I'll try and post opinions more because I have little match up experience against a lot of characters so that leaves me just to ask questions in the MU thread. As for Skype, I don't know if I can get on that often b/c of college but I'll try to drop by to see how you guys are doing.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I can only get on skype at school when no one is ever on

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Yeeeeeah I just saw this. Sorry Slush, keep this in the social, it really wasn't necessary. :(

*lock*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom