• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tunes Monthlies - Canceled Indefinetely

LLDL

Smash Hero
Inui...you name a time we should have rescheduled. You say that like you don't plan on getting them for the next Tunes?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I live about ten minutes from this btw

uh

I would of course invite them

but I can't do anything if it's on the same day as a Brawl regional/national event

LLDL

Smash Hero
That's what I'm saying. I know we lost people to Viridian, but there were no Melee tourneys today, which is why we had this one, for the people who weren't going to Viridian. Next Time, we'll schedule when the entire Atlantic North is dry.

Shoopman

Smash Journeyman
We should really play more smash 64 at these. I would totally enter a smash 64 tourney if there was lack of interest in doubles.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think Chainace has a point. I mean, why should he be trying to co-ordinate with Brawl and Melee at the same time?

I don't think he would purposely schedule on a day that is a BIG brawl event, but it wouldn't be logical to schedule it the same day as a BIG melee event either. So he just has to pick one or the other.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
It's hard to do something like that... some stuff will just be inevitable. The bigger picture is trying to hype up for your event (peaking interest) or try to find ways to help others in getting to the event. I think that's what it really comes down to. Your best bet is to plan against other Melee tournies right now so there isn't much conflict.

Worrying too much about Brawl events is imo unrealistic. I said it before and I'll say it again, there aren't much brawl/melee players. VC8 was a must, I wanted to be there because it was my bf's birthday LOL! But Haley on the other hand couldn't get to Tunes because he didn't have a ride+school.

In the future helping ppl get to your events by bus/train or going the extra mile to help ppl find rides is what will make everyone's events a little more successful. When you stop caring, everyone else does too.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I agree with Crismas. That way you know that there is a free day for Melee players. If Brawl players want to come instead of MLG (lol) hey, it's up to them. But I think it'd be hurtful to host on a day that is free of MLG, but could possibly have other melee tournaments going on in the same day.

I don't think we can have the luxury of Brawl and Melee being free at the same time.

Plus it depends on what dates they can PICK from.

Yeah... I would have been at the tunes, I just didn't know of a way of getting there, by myself. I was bored all day. Although I'm gonna step up and get my permit on Wednesday. Can't rely on Transit all the time.

Actually, I should keep that in mind for my own tournies... I may not have a car, but I'll try to help the best I can. : ]

Eggm

Smash Hero
The real problem was I had no chance to hype this up since I was in the hospital the whole week before. I could have at least got 15ish had I been home pestering people with text's/IM's like normal. xD That and NY giving up on these since they thought there would still be shore traffic. But anyone who came could attest to the fact that there was no traffic from the north. Deathknight should be able to tell you that.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Understandable =/ you ok now? I'll IM you later.

PS: what I wrote above wasn't directed at you or anyone in particular it was me just thinking about the scene and ace's comment. I just re-read that and saw that it could've been taken the wrong way >_<

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh man I didn't know, sorry to hear that. : [ Hope you feel better dude.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I'm better now I had to get my appendix removed. I was going to cancel this but chain-ace said he would run everything and set the whole venue up so I let him. But I wasn't able to hype it up at all.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
I'm better now I had to get my appendix removed. I was going to cancel this but chain-ace said he would run everything and set the whole venue up so I let him. But I wasn't able to hype it up at all.
wtf, you need chipotle to heal up.

feel better brah

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF I anger.

MAD date has to be moved. ;-; I posted up flyers and told maddd people about this...

I can't have the 13th. I don't know why. I was given a choice of either the 13th or 20th of nov. I chose the 13th.

I am just letting you guys know in advance.

I will host on a diff day, I just want it to HAPPEN. Gah.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I will, and thanks. I will talk to them tonight. I'll try to see what was the problem... I said YES to the 13th... I don't know what happened...

I will try to convince them, but if not, I'll just move it. I'm still glad I have a venue to work with, but still.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah that's gonna be a problem, now it's iffy regarding if you'll have stable dates lol. Can't be having people take off from work, plan for this, and then have them cancel it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah true I will talk to the Pastor about that. ;-;

Inui

Banned via Warnings
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF I anger.

MAD date has to be moved. ;-; I posted up flyers and told maddd people about this...

I can't have the 13th. I don't know why. I was given a choice of either the 13th or 20th of nov. I chose the 13th.

I am just letting you guys know in advance.

I will host on a diff day, I just want it to HAPPEN. Gah.
lol same day as my Brawl regional and ROM

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
lol same day as my Brawl regional and ROM
Yeah that's why I chose the 13th haha. Plus it would have been Rom practice : [

I am still a little pissed... gah. Has things like this ever happened to you Inui?

I'm going to give the Church a second chance, but if same thing happens again, NO GO. I want the parking lot and stuff, but I also want effenciency. I'll be looking in to other venues just in case.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Your best bet is to plan against other Melee tournies right now so there isn't much conflict.

Worrying too much about Brawl events is imo unrealistic. I said it before and I'll say it again, there aren't much brawl/melee players.
^This x1000. There are very few brawl/melee players. What happened to the gdlk pizza place venue?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So guys when are you considering for a date for the tunes? (so I know what choice to take : ]) I might consider something in Dec but I don't even know what I can choose yet ;-;

LLDL

Smash Hero
It will be after ROM sometime but before Pound, we'll get back to you on that :)

LLDL

Smash Hero
It's short notice. What do you guys feel about this date. If 20 - 25+ people show interest by Friday, we'll have one. If not, then we'll host one soon at an available weekend.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Bah... I'd wanna go but I gotta finish this art for a contest >___> true story.

Top Bottom