• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I hate myself a lot right now for what I did; I will just say the truth for the sake of reputation and clearing up the facts

I didn't realize what I had done until I had already done it. I woke up today with Atomsk telling me (we are at Tyrant's house) that I got banned from MLG Dallas. I just sat there thinking "what?...why?.." then went to the computer. I signed on AIM, and right away I got messages from a few people whose names I won't say messaging me telling me that an aim convo had been posted. They told me to post this story, or to post this story, and that this was the only way I could save myself from being banned at Dallas.

Not sure what to do, I posted stories that I thought would save me. A lot of it wasn't true, while a lot of it was true, all in the hope that I could compete at Dallas. Dallas was my ultimate goal at the end of the year, the tournament that I really, really wanted to win badly. Since the first MLG, I wanted to win as many as possible especailly Dallas, then go to college afterwords after this year is over. It was my ultimate goal to win the championships.

The truth was that I did ask adhd if he would split, and the true reason I did that is because 1) I didn't think I could beat ADHD in a 3/5 set, then rich brown in an extended set right after, and the 2nd reason is because I didn't have my good controller with me which I used for the first 3 MLGs because it had broken a week prior to MLG DC. (Controller does matter a lot to me; I've used the same one since before the first MLG, never switching). I had no confidence going in, so I tried to make a deal with him. It wasn't any one reason, it's just a few stupid bad reasons that I was thinking about before I had to fight him. I didn't realize that what I did was so bad until afterwords. It was a horrible mistake.

ADHD didn't want to do it at first, but I figured that he would agree to it anyway since we always used to split in the past. He told me to just play and talk about it later. He never officially agreed, I was just pretty sure he would because of past tournaments, although I was pretty sure he would anyway.

Our tournament set was real, and I still wanted to win and tried to win, I just didn't think deep inside that I could. I had mentally given up hope of winning the set before it began. I'm an idiot like that.

I felt like I had literally no hope, since he usually beats me but this time I have to win a 3/5 set without my best controller. (btw, the down B kill on brinstar was actually the best thing to do in that situation, as a shuttle loop would not have killed if DIed. The 2nd down B at the end of the match was just for crowd hype). I am legitimately bad against Diddy (I wish I knew why).

He beat me, won the tournament, then after the tournament he said he'd eventually give me 300 dollars some time later when we meet up again. We have split before in the past, but I didn't think it would be a big deal if I had played the set out. That's where I was wrong, and which is why I'm banned from Dallas.

I'm sorry for lying to everyone, I don't want to be known as a liar, I just wanted to win dallas and didn't know what else I could do. I hope everyone can forgive me. I'm sorry to MLG, Sundance, and to the fans and the community for the negative exposure we've brought. This will not happen again.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Hm, so that is what happened...

Well, at least everything is cleared up now. Although, I sort of doubt that MLG will allow you two back in... =(

:069:

stingers

Smash Obsessed
yeah this was a good read...it sucks what happened it really does =/ i feel bad, man you really didnt do anything wrong.

-Ran

Smash Master
i feel bad, man you really didnt do anything wrong.
By the rules of MLG, he did something wrong by conspiring to change the outcome of the results. Then he attempted to cover it up, and manufacture another story to attempt to gain reentry. Once it was clear that he wasn't going to get back into MLG, he came clean to salvage his reputation. I find it hard to give any 'rep' for him coming out like this, since he already tried to make false stories about what happened.

Let this be a lesson. Don't tell people what you do with your money, ever.

Space Jam

Smash Apprentice
I've been following the MLG scene since H:CE was on the circuit and in my opinion I don't really see you doing anything wrong in this case.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Props to Jason for owning up to his offense. I don't think you had any malicious intent but unfortunately from an outsider's perspective, if MLG wasn't going to ban you or ADHD there would be issues.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Le sigh... why did it have to come to this. Don't let money control you too far.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
how would u feel waking up, hearing ur banned, not being sure what to do or why you were banned, and your friends telling you to "do this, this is the only way"

i didnt know what i did was so wrong, and i would have lost to him anyway. I still played the set for real, but because im a stupid emo idiot, and he always beats me + I had a bad controller, I didn't actually think I could win. I had no confidence at all.

ADHD did not even agree to split officially, I was just guessing that he was, I had a good guess that he would, he said to talk about it later and just play, and that's what we did. It was a good hunch I had and nothing else

u think i want to be in this situation? MLG was my life. It was seriously my life, and now this would happen. Had I known it was so wrong I would not have tried to do it

ADHD at least shouldn't be banned, he never officially said he'd split and he never gave me anything. No sets were changed and he never officially said it. He should be allowed to compete.

MVD

Smash Master
mad respect for you Jason, hey we all make mistakes in life dont let this one bring you down as much as it should.

Tesh

Smash Hero
M2K I got you bro. We should get some people and shoot up the venue. Bring all sorts of guns and ****. I got people in the Dallas area so **** is possible. Whoever the TO is they best watch out.
Woah, even though its obviously a joke. You shouldn't say that. What are you slow or something?

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I think considering its a first offense and its the last MLG with these 2 being two of the most hyped players that they really should consider lifting the ban, I am glad rules are being enforced but the kids giving a real talk apology, let him play.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Hm, so that is what happened...

Well, at least everything is cleared up now. Although, I sort of doubt that MLG will allow you two back in... =(

:069:
This.

Personally either way, I know most of the Smash Community enough to know that nobody would ever stoop so low as to bribe a match. When the smash community splits its always out of respect for the other players or due to uncertainty in being able to win the set. I can't think of a point in time where anyone tried to bribe anyone.

Because of that I gave both stories the benefit of the doubt. I do believe that it was not a bribe. Just an agreement to split the profits because you were uncertain if you would be able to win.

However it comes down to how MLG sees it. Hopefully they let you two back in, but I can understand if they don't due to how everything went down. (It's based off the word of the two individuals who are taking part.)

Oddly enough, if it weren't the smash community and I didn't know a lot of the community as well as I do. I'd never actually believe either side because of the above reason. Which is why I can see where MLG is coming from if they keep you banned.

:nifty::leek:

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
One thing though, M2K. I highly disapprove of lying in order to avoid being incriminated. In the end, lies are exposed (as shown by the contradictions between your story and ADHD's) and you make yourself look even worse.

You (and the people who said that you should lie) were in the wrong about that.

Good job on speaking the truth, though. It takes a lot of courage, and this should clear up any misconceptions about what happened.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero