• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Trend Begins Now Pick a Side, Heroes or Villains?

Heroes or Villains

• Heroes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Villains

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Even though I'm mostly team villain, I'm REALLY team "Characters I like" the characters I adore the most just so happen to be the villains. Most actors always prefer to play the villains because they are just much more interesting characters most of the time.

Bowser has WAYY more character and personality than Mario. King Dedede has more personality than Kirby, King K.Rool has more personality and character than DK, etc. Of course their are exceptions like Ganondorf who has a little more personality than most incarnations of Link (the most boring Nintendo star IMO) but not by much, Ridley I say is about on par with Samus, same with Wolf and Fox (even if Wolf is more of the anti-hero archetype).

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Villains lol.

Why is G&W a villain?
Already said earlier, but he helped the Subspace Army back in Brawl, along with R.O.B.. While two of them did join the heroes side, there are plenty of others that were still villains, so since they are a species it could go either way.

The boss Doun was created using G&Ws, and they are the ones who stole the Halberd.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
In terms of characters I like, the heros have :ultroy:, :ultchrom:, :ulticeclimbers:, :ultsnake:, and :ultcloud: which all seem accurate.

The villans do have :ultwolf:, but there's more appeal in this hero side.

Also, you put some characters as both heros and villans. To name a few, :ultrobin, :ultgnw:, and :ultrob:.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
In terms of characters I like, the heros have :ultroy:, :ultchrom:, :ulticeclimbers:, :ultsnake:, and :ultcloud: which all seem accurate.

The villans do have :ultwolf:, but there's more appeal in this hero side.

Also, you put some characters as both heros and villans. To name a few, :ultrobin, :ultgnw:, and :ultrob:.
Already explained previously, by I can go over it again.

Robin is the vessel for the Fell Dragon Grima and can flip on a dime. He’s essentially two different characters as Robin is good, but Grima will destroy all, so depending on circumstances he can be either or.

R.O.B. and Game & Watch were villains in the Subspace emissary, but there are multiple. Both Game & Watch and R.O.B. have a good member, but it seems the rest decided to continue their support of the evil Subspace army.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Both, but mostly depending on my mood and who I feel like playing as at the time.
Same I’m a fan of many of the characters on both sides

I love Bowser Jr as he’s my favorite Mario character
I also have Meta Knight as my favorite Kirby character

On the other hand,
Chrom and Lucina are my favorite FE characters
I also want to play as Isabelle

UserKev

Smash Champion
I'm team Villains because its less of them. A side of me relate to them more and they have the play styles I like.

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
Why are folks saying that R.O.B. & Mr.G&W are villains? They were manipulated by Tabuu & the Subspace Army to do their bidding,. Mr.G&W was due to it being unable to tell what’s right from wrong, while the R.O.B.s were held hostage by Subspace Army along with their island so that they could produce weapons for the Army that can tear the world apart. The Master Robot allows s to happen due to wanting to avoid a presumed genocide of his race if they refused, & afterwards, due to feeling immerse shame towards himself, The Master Robot proceeded to don a disguise & become known as The Anceint Minister, feeling that he doesn’t deserve to be The Master Robot after all he let happened.

Of course, both eventually went rogue after their individual respective events, with The Master Robot going rogue after being forced to witness his race do a forced genocide though Ganondorf overriding them, the thing he was trying to avoid in the first place. & Mr.G&W was due to being untropfiled & then interacted by the right group of people, more specifically by the Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom: Princess Toadstool Peach.

So overall, I can atleast see Mr.G&W be classified as a neutral character, one who is neither good or evil, just one who affinity just depends on the circumstances. As for R.O.B., I say he would classfiles as a Hero, since he is good-natured at heart & was just trying his best to keep his race alive, despite the mental struggles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom