• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Travelers get to their destination! - Octopath Traveler support thread

Eremitaviola

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5198-1572-7120
While the game might be recent it sold an impressive number of copies and a sequel is already planned, so the choice might not be so out of left field for SE.
_20181108_070034.JPG

Since choosing only one character to add would be impossible I'm interested to see everyone's suggestions on how to represent everyone. That would be really interesting to see.

The moves could probably just be one for every element/weapon. So a different weapon for every tilt/smash and the elements that make the most sense for specials.
I was personally thinking of having everyone be a different skin like Bowser Jr. But they all have completely different heights so they would need an Echo so that they have the four tallest for one and the four shorter ones for the other to make the same height slightly less jarring. Or they could be sprites kinda like a more colorful Mr. Game and Watch but the animation would probably look too weird.

If anyone is interested in joining and suggesting something less impossible that would be great.

Last edited:

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
I don't think the height differences would be that jarring, if it's designed well enough. Their sprites are all the same height after all. The real issue would be how they carry themselves. They all have wildly varying personalities, and trying to express that using the same model and animations would be very difficult. But I think the could pull it off.

Eremitaviola

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5198-1572-7120
User was warned for this post; double posting(Please edit your messages instead)
I don't think the height differences would be that jarring, if it's designed well enough. Their sprites are all the same height after all. The real issue would be how they carry themselves. They all have wildly varying personalities, and trying to express that using the same model and animations would be very difficult. But I think the could pull it off.
Wow I didn't realize how I had forgotten to mention that they could stilyze them like the sprites! Thank you for that one! But I agree completely. I think they would be better off treating them as echoes by giving them a special taunt each and different walk animations but leave attacks the same. I feel so sorry for the animators tough

Also I think that the coolest Final Smash would be having something like Shulk's but where everyone rotates depending on who you use, but I'd like to see how they handle Joker's, though he'll probably just summon a certain Persona... If they do just have everyone attack then they could use the secret jobs! Or some of the most broken combinations of the divine abilities from their classes. Or both

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well their sizes aren't the best defined and all can multi-class so it could be possible for them to be alt costumes like Bowser Jr/Koopalings but they would need different taunts.

Other idea is that they could work like Popo and Nana in that you have one you take control of and the others appear to assist with different attacks.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
I support. Initially I wanted Primrose, but given who she is, she likely wouldn't be appropriate for Smash.

On the other hand, I think Therion and H'annit would have great movesets, though if H'annit was to be included, maybe tone it down a bit on the old English, yeah?

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
It's a little difficult to imagine how they could fit all eight of them into a single character. You'd have to make each of them somewhat devoid of personality, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'm not really sure about adding just one of them, either. There'll be countless fans of the other characters complaining that their favourite traveller never got in. So there's only one thing to do. Add all eight of them as separate characters (obvious joke).

But seriously, I don't care how they represent Octopath. I just hope that they do find a way to represent it in some form. You have my support.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If there’s playable representation for Octopath Traveler it should be Primrose, since she has the best plot.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
If there’s playable representation for Octopath Traveler it should be Primrose, since she has the best plot.
Exactly what I thought at first, but I was reminded that she's a certain type of "dancer" that probably wouldn't be too kid friendly.

Also Therion's story was pretty good, too.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Exactly what I thought at first, but I was reminded that she's a certain type of "dancer" that probably wouldn't be too kid friendly.

Also Therion's story was pretty good, too.
Nothin is ever shown in the game and Bayonetta is actually in Smash so that doesn’t really effect anything for her.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I would really like an Octopath Traveller character. I really enjoyed that game. My top pick would be H’aanit. Smash could still use more female characters and a beast master character would be really interesting in Smash.

Top Bottom