• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Trails Series

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
Didn't see one, so here's a discussion thread for Falcom's Trails/Kiseki series of RPGs! Trails in the Sky, Trails of Cold Steel, even Zero/Ao no Kiseki if you've played them are all welcome! We got any fans of this franchise here?

I love this series for its rich characters and worldbuilding, incredible music and fun take on traditional RPG gameplay. I've played every game in the series up through to Cold Steel II. Just anxiously awaiting localisation news for CSIII...!

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I'm currently subbed to the Falcom Discord and though I don't have any of the games, I do enjoy watching videos on them and listening to their OSTs.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
It's my favorite franchise of all time, I could go hours and hours into how much I adore the characters, world and everything. I'm still waiting on the Crossbell games to get fantranslated fully then I'll be waiting properly for Cold Steel 3's localization again.

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
I'm currently subbed to the Falcom Discord and though I don't have any of the games, I do enjoy watching videos on them and listening to their OSTs.
Mmmm, yes, Trails has amazing music. Falcom games in general do, really, but Trails tops them all imo. Ys is solid competition, but Trails edges it out for me. Do you think you'll ever try them out?

It's my favorite franchise of all time, I could go hours and hours into how much I adore the characters, world and everything. I'm still waiting on the Crossbell games to get fantranslated fully then I'll be waiting properly for Cold Steel 3's localization again.
Crossbell arc's fantastic, you'll be in for a treat! Actually, I believe Ao/Azure's patch just finished at last with full editing, so the Geofront team's PC version of Zero's all we're waiting on now.

And dude, is that Cassius in your avatar? Has he been confirmed for CSIV as well now? xd I've been trying to avoid CSIV news because of spoilers. Already been spoiled on a few plot threads of CSIII :( But I do know Estelle, Joshua, Renne, Schera and Crossbell's Special Support Section are all back.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Mmmm, yes, Trails has amazing music. Falcom games in general do, really, but Trails tops them all imo. Ys is solid competition, but Trails edges it out for me. Do you think you'll ever try them out?

Crossbell arc's fantastic, you'll be in for a treat! Actually, I believe Ao/Azure's patch just finished at last with full editing, so the Geofront team's PC version of Zero's all we're waiting on now.

And dude, is that Cassius in your avatar? Has he been confirmed for CSIV as well now? xd I've been trying to avoid CSIV news because of spoilers. Already been spoiled on a few plot threads of CSIII :( But I do know Estelle, Joshua, Renne, Schera and Crossbell's Special Support Section are all back.
Changed my avatar because I realized it was spoilery oops, I have no context on his appearance yet besides stuff got real haha.

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
Changed my avatar because I realized it was spoilery oops, I have no context on his appearance yet besides stuff got real haha.
Here's hoping he's finally playable! How freaking sweet would that be? CSIV already looks like its playable cast is gonna be insane. I hope that you can use every single one of them for the final dungeon, like in CSII.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Here's hoping he's finally playable! How freaking sweet would that be? CSIV already looks like its playable cast is gonna be insane. I hope that you can use every single one of them for the final dungeon, like in CSII.
That would be spectacular, I want to use Gaius & Agate together if at all possible haha.

Of course several other characters and such, I love like every character in every arc.

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
That would be spectacular, I want to use Gaius & Agate together if at all possible haha.

Of course several other characters and such, I love like every character in every arc.
I'm really hoping Kevin and Ries are playable in CSIV. That way, I can make a party of Estelle, Kevin, Lloyd, Rean. All of the main protagonists in the series up to this point!

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Woah, Kitsune's making a fan translation of CSIII as well??? That wild son of a gun! I'm certainly not going to play it immediately; ideally I will wait for the XSEED localisation, but if that doesn't get announced by, say, E3 2019, I'll probably cave in to the fanslation.
I got the game to support Falcom, so I think I may as well use it haha.

Top Bottom