• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

D

Deleted member

But you added non tournament matches already, like Kie vs Sigma even though it was a good set, it wasn't a tournament match.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
I don't think it should matter if the matches are tournament or not as long as the matches show how to play the MU properly and overall good use and knowledge of whatever character it is. Matter of fact matches that are friendlies sometimes show a lot more than those tournament matches just because of the lack of stress from not making money or not advancing in bracket. Tournament matches most of the time are played to win which is not bad at all where as friendlies at least IMO are played to learn and show more.

D

Deleted member

Not just friendlies tho, its an EXHIBITION SET. These are played like tournament matches or money matches without the money. They are very serious sets.

also, TKD vs Havok grandfinals

Alot of people also overlooked mexico. Wonf has beaten ganzo and hyuga with sonic at Smash Factor 2013 and Richi did amazing getting 2nd with lucario.

Wonf vs Hyuga
Wonf vs Ganzo
Richi vs Waymas
Waymas vs Hyuga

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Since MARIO has no videos, I will just nominate myself (:

VS Falco (BluB): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cGSVLxdn5s
VS Wario (S!C): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrivNBUU2y4
VS Samus (Sodrek): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyO3vwyQVx8
VS Bowser (ChoZo): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aScAvOvE2rg
Mario finally has videos! :D
Btw, I put one of these videos under Bowser.

I don't think it should matter if the matches are tournament or not as long as the matches show how to play the MU properly and overall good use and knowledge of whatever character it is. Matter of fact matches that are friendlies sometimes show a lot more than those tournament matches just because of the lack of stress from not making money or not advancing in bracket. Tournament matches most of the time are played to win which is not bad at all where as friendlies at least IMO are played to learn and show more.
Thank you for your input, that is a good point. I'll agree to add TKD vs Mr. R

@Zan- I will look at the last four videos later, thank you.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I will update the thread again when I have a full hour available, which will probably be later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Kooky Koopa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koopa1989
3DS FC
4184-2976-0132
I am amazed this didn't make it into the Bowser set.

Zigsta vs. DPhat (Metaknight) [4/2/11]

Went through some of the old Bowser Brawl video archive and found this. Seeing a good Bowser square off against, I assume a competent, Metaknight should definitely be in there. Granted it is pre 2012 and it is a friendly which took place during a tournament, but a remarkable spectacle regardless.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141

Went through some of the old Bowser Brawl video archive and found this. Seeing a good Bowser square off against, I assume a competent, Metaknight should definitely be in there. Granted it is pre 2012 and it is a friendly which took place during a tournament, but a remarkable spectacle regardless.
That was really bad metaknight gameplay, but I'll add it since Bowser has nothing better. Thank you!

Kooky Koopa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koopa1989
3DS FC
4184-2976-0132
That was really bad metaknight gameplay, but I'll add it since Bowser has nothing better. Thank you!
Thank you for the reply! That's unfortunate to hear regarding the MK. How about this one instead? It's both post 2012 and is 3 rounds. The Metaknight also seems far more ruthless and better timing. Would be educational I'd imagine assuming this MK was doing a better job than the other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8kh5sWkLoY

Last edited:

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Thank you for the reply! That's unfortunate to hear regarding the MK. How about this one instead? It's both post 2012 and is 3 rounds. The Metaknight also seems far more ruthless and better timing. Would be educational I'd imagine assuming this MK was doing a beter job than the other.
You forgot to post the link.

Kooky Koopa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koopa1989
3DS FC
4184-2976-0132
Thank you for recommending another video, but this one is of mid level play, and both players had sloppy execution.
Oh well. Thanks for adding the Zigsta one at least. Cheers for the responses and good job on such a comprehensive thread.

Last edited:

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Thank you. You linked the wrong video for the second one, but I found it.
I'll nominate this one for the Falco list over the current #10, since Shu is better than Shogun and it's more recent.

Masha (Falco) vs Shu (Snake), April 2014

Maybe it could work on the Snake list too? Probably not but perhaps.
Thank you, but Falco's list is full and this match is a friendly.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811

Thanks for the shoutout!

DPhat's a great player, but he had no idea how to fight Bowser before that match. After that he realized he just needed to run from me. :) I wouldn't call it a best video for Bowser, but it's a really fun game to watch and a great memory to boot. People still rag DPhat for that, haha.

RosalinaSama

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ROSA#211
NNID
Fracktail
3DS FC
2492-4324-7138
Switch FC
SW-1139-8011-8725
Thanks for the shoutout!

DPhat's a great player, but he had no idea how to fight Bowser before that match. After that he realized he just needed to run from me. :) I wouldn't call it a best video for Bowser, but it's a really fun game to watch and a great memory to boot. People still rag DPhat for that, haha.
Are there any other videos of your Bowser anywhere?

Starline

Smash Cadet
This Diddy Kong match should replace the current #9 because:

- It is more recent.
- Zinoto was better at the time of Shuffle V than at SKTAR 2
- Mew2King > Tyrant
- The match shows effective ways to play as Diddy whether winning, losing, getting timed out, or holding a lead

Zinoto vs Mew2King, Shuffle V

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I added it! Do you have any other sets I can add? Even if they are pre-2012, it's acceptable because Bowser was rarely represented in tournaments.
This is probably the best other set on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu7sVRm6ENA

It's not the best I've played, but the majority of the Brawl matches I played up until I retired weren't recorded. That and the Illmatic video are probably the best online examples of me.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Kingkong vs Seagull for bowser.
Will vs DEHF surprised that it wasnt here.
Kingkong vs Seagull was already there, but I added Will vs DEHF. I forgot to add it for some reason.

This Diddy Kong match should replace the current #9 because:

- It is more recent.
- Zinoto was better at the time of Shuffle V than at SKTAR 2
- Mew2King > Tyrant
- The match shows effective ways to play as Diddy whether winning, losing, getting timed out, or holding a lead

Zinoto vs Mew2King, Shuffle V
Ok, thanks.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I'm very impressed this is till being updated. Perhaps add more Japanese players playing mid-tiers?
Japan does have a lot more character diversity, but most of their players still use characters that are at least high tier.
I'll do a youtube search later to see if I can find somemore mid tier matches, thank you for the suggestion!

Blueberry Kong

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DKbill
Japan does have a lot more character diversity, but most of their players still use characters that are at least high tier.
I'll do a youtube search later to see if I can find somemore mid tier matches, thank you for the suggestion!
Sweet. Lemme tell you somethin; this post is amazing. I LOVE IT. It really helped me find good pro players in good matches which really helped me see each characters potential when i was really getting into competitive brawl... I really hope you make this again for smash 4

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Sweet. Lemme tell you somethin; this post is amazing. I LOVE IT. It really helped me find good pro players in good matches which really helped me see each characters potential when i was really getting into competitive brawl... I really hope you make this again for smash 4
I forgot to do that youtube search. I'll have to get to it tomorow.
I'm not sure if I was the owner of this thread at the time, but I'm glad you like it and that it helped!

There currently is a similar thread for smash 4, but I'm not the owner of it. I planned to create the thread once the smashU metagame developed, but someone else decided to create the thread as soon as smash3DS was released.
http://smashboards.com/threads/gameplay-videos-of-each-character-1-04-videos-only-please.376378/

Last edited:

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Hey, what happened to my video for puff?! It's pre-2012, but it's a good set!
I deleted every video when I revamped the thread because I intended to make it post-2012, however, I shortly realized that wasn't realistic for the low tier characters. Thank you for reposting this video!

Framerate

Smash Lord
No problem, thanks for putting it back up! Who knows, maybe I'll go back to brawl for a bit and get some new stuff... lol

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Would anyone like me to put a note on the bottom of the OP saying which characters last received changes or got additional videos?

Top Bottom