• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I kinda hope Lada gets a top ROB spot, simply because that'd make me feel less bad for losing to him in pools, and awesome for beating him in the MM afterward.

Really though, I think it should be considered, Ganonly selfish reasons aside. He played really smart and clearly knew ROB. Mad as hell that I didn't get replays though; I was on point for a while there.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Fonz is inactive atm, don't know how much interest he has. I know Springfield (Ohio) plays a lot of Marvel now though. I think Disciple has been inactive as well, iirc he just got married.

Luc 3-5 should be: Pitbull > Fonz > D.D.

Aren't there a ton of decent and above DDD mains in SoCal?

If you're unsure of #5 DDD, go with Technical_Chase (MI) or Fizzle_Boy (OH). Tech has generally been doing generally well in his state...

But, Fizzle won the tournament in Bloomington, IN last weekend vs the likes of Kel (MK-less - 3rd), Hadesblade (2nd) and I think either Mister Eric or Ripple. This is an accomplishment that I don't think Tech can match though.

SiiS6 was a poor showing for Fizzle and he was inactive prior because Dayton died as a scene (which meant DJ Iskascribble also vanished) over the summer.

Take this as you will.

:phone:
LMAO I didn't get married.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
It's been a long, tough road as one of the few remaining Captain Falcon players.

Glad to at least see some notice. I live in freaking Metaknight country.

I think that for people who (are confirmed) don't play as that character anymore should be removed off the character list. For example Aerolink hasnt played Link in tournament since he switched to MK so it's not fair to stick him there when other Link players who CONTINUE to play Link should be on that list. (Trust me, he's not going back to Link for tournaments)

I had that same argument with the Texas PR system with all the inactive/retired players. Take those people off....they don't belong there.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
It's been a long, tough road as one of the few remaining Captain Falcon players.

Glad to at least see some notice. I live in freaking Metaknight country.

I think that for people who (are confirmed) don't play as that character anymore should be removed off the character list. For example Aerolink hasnt played Link in tournament since he switched to MK so it's not fair to stick him there when other Link players who CONTINUE to play Link should be on that list. (Trust me, he's not going back to Link for tournaments)

I had that same argument with the Texas PR system with all the inactive/retired players. Take those people off....they don't belong there.
I agree, Blubba Pinecone should be swapped with ALSM and Kirin should be top dog since I hear he still goes Link where as Legan I been seeing nothing but a MM with Ally as Link. The rest is ZSS/Marth in results.

So for Link its something like:
1) KirinBlaze
2) Blubba Pinecone/Legan
3) Legan/Blubba Pinecone
4) LordXav1er
5) Ninja-the-link-sage

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Updated Ganon, going back and looking at who we were discussing most at the time besides him when I was like "let's go by tiers guyz~"

I got an hour to burn may as well do as much as I can now.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Here's what Ike should be:

1. San
2. Ryo
3. Nysyarc
4. Berserker Swordsman
5. theboredone

Nysyarc was one of the 3 Ikes to reach pools round 2 at Apex. BS almost did, but thanks to dumb pool tie breakers and stuff, he didn't make it out. San was the only Ike to reach bracket, Ryo definitely has MUs he's better at than San, but for now, i'm putting san on top.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Thanks for your input.

Anyone want to make a case out of Salem being on the list vs PatG :zerosuitsamus: ?? (this is for fifth)
That's who I'm onto next after low tiers done.

In other words.

Has SALEM placed well at any more than ONE tournament?
and
Can anyone argue against PatG's acheivements to say that they are not as good as Salem's entrance into the list?

EDit: I'm asking this AGAIN because it's been months since I asked before, I wanted to see if he's been doing anything at the very least in his own region.

EDIT2:

Finished updating Ganon, Mario, Zelda, Bowser, and C. Falcon. Check for errors / blatant incorrectness as far as previous discussion went. I'm going by posts after this one: ... Currently waiting for what to do for ZSS, then I can FINALLY update myself on the rest of the thread.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
he should be higher than 5th. he beat nickriddle (like it or not the ditto does matter) in bracket and got farther than nick did (obviously) at apex. hell the fact that he got into the bracket alone makes him a top 5 zss. plus his performance at whatever that tourney he bodied Will and bleachigo at shows that way too under rated. Does Patg even play anymore? haven't heard of him in forever.

C.J.

Smash Master
Salem made brackets @ Apex. In bracket he beat NR, beat NEO, and I'm not sure what else.

Salem at 2/3 really doesn't seem out of the question.

DRN also did amazingly in bracket and I think NR posted somewhere that he now doesn't think that DRN as 3rd is crazy anymore (Hopefully Nick Riddle name searches to this and corrects me if I'm wrong).

EDIT: What the guy above me said

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Okay, thank you guys for giving that info I didnt bother lookin at results from apex yet cuz I been busy, that saved me some trouble.

Why is Y.b.M. being thrown to the wayside now? Do you guys have more national presence as of Apex and other recent events?

It's currently
Nick
Dakpo
Y.b.M.
Shlike
PatG

Moving Salem on and PatG off I was looking at this:

Nick Riddle
Salem/Dakpo
Salem/Dakpo
Y.b.M.
DRN

I don't think Y.b.M. should be moved down too far because he was originally petitioning his results to show a move UP! :x

BUT

Again, Y.b.M. doesnt have as much results OoR and national level, so do you Dakpo and / or DRN have that level of presence OoR at a high level (top 20)?

DRN

Smash Lord
Salem beat Nick in losers bracket round 1. He beat Neo in pools to make it out i believe. I know he also had M2K in his pool. I beat Dojo in losers bracket bracket round 1. I beat Kingtoon in pools. My first seed was Gnes who i lost to. We both got 33rd.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
YBM got 02'd by everyone in his pool didnt make bracket
DRN got 20 20 12 and 02 in pools r2, making second seed and bracket, tying for second seed but winning by one game
Salem got 20 20 21 and 02 against M2k,

remember YBM got a really bad pool, luigi (yoshq) aside. Will beat him and Tearbear beat him, and OCEAN you know
DRN beat Kingtoon and Darc in pools
Salem beat NEO, Royal ??? and Arty ( who is a good falco no lie, Neo lost to him as well), making second seed soundly

DRN lost to vvv Zero, but beat DOJO woot, then lost to will, whom beat YBM as well
Salem lost to Nairo, bad mu, and beat Nick, good shi, and lost to Mr. R, expected with that MU and player.

So Im lookin at for real now based on this national preformance...

Nick Riddle
Salem
DRN
Dakpo
Y.b.M.

In any case, though!!

Y.b.M. has good experience against Lain whom I see has a positive record, and one of the best ICs, I think he uses MK too idk. Y.b.M. having good mu experience against MK/IC in bracket exposure is good, but in relation to this, he still hasnt gone "out" as much as you other ZSSs. So I hope he's fine with me putting him at 5th.

Anyways, I gtg to class, I want you guys to talk about this if it's cool, otherwise move on to a character you'd really like to discuss, ZSS will be my final update for tonight when Im playing at Jayfords :3

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I agree, Blubba Pinecone should be swapped with ALSM and Kirin should be top dog since I hear he still goes Link where as Legan I been seeing nothing but a MM with Ally as Link. The rest is ZSS/Marth in results.

So for Link its something like:
1) KirinBlaze
2) Blubba Pinecone/Legan
3) Legan/Blubba Pinecone
4) LordXav1er
5) Ninja-the-link-sage
You don't deserve a spot on the top 5 list for :link2:. The list should be:

1) Kirinblaze
2) Legan
3) Blubba pinecone
4) Ninja-the-link-sage
5) Jash

:018:

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
You don't deserve a spot on the top 5 list for :link2:. The list should be:

1) Kirinblaze
2) Legan
3) Blubba pinecone
4) Ninja-the-link-sage
5) Jash

:018:
I actually like that list. Blubba could possibly be higher tho seeing Legan hardly ever uses Link anymore in tourneys.

Bizkit beat Lord Xavier in a Link ditto MM.

X should never be on here.
I wish he would money match me. Too bad I sandbagged hard in pools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom