• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tomb Raider: Lara Croft's Manor

DX_E

Smash Apprentice
Honestly wouldn't mind seeing Lara Croft in Smash. Like I've said many times before, we've yet to have a charater in Smash featuring a strictly archery-based moveset.
I don't believe Lara would be strictly archery based....I can understand her having archery moves and different arrows but she's more known for her dual pistols. She also utilizes other items like pick axes, torches, shotguns etc. and is an acrobatic wonder. How would her move set be strictly archery based?

It would have made more sense for Pit back in the Brawl days. Or Decidueye.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I don’t know if I’ve said this before, but if Lara Croft gets in Smash, they should give Lara her own stage with music from the Tomb Raider series. Especially the original trilogy. I think some nice picks would be Main Theme (Tomb Raider), The Skidoo, and many others. Sorry I can’t think of many songs. What do you guys think?

txhy8

Smash Cadet
Ah my most wanted charter that isn't disconfirmed as a Mii Costume(Monster Hunter being said charter so she is the only charter in my top 3 most wanted that i still have hope to possibly get in) and lets be honest how isn't she in already?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I’m really surprised there isn’t more support for Lara in Smash. She’s one of the most iconic female video game characters and has a huge legacy with a ton of games multiple movies. While she isn’t one of my most wanted, I think she is more than deserving of a spot and I would be happy with her inclusion.
There's a lot of iconic characters who don't have much Smash support backing them like:

Lara Croft
Spyro
Kratos
Big Daddy
Sly Cooper
Ratchet & Clank
Jack & Daxter
Scorpion
Tails
Dr. Eggman
Knuckles
Chun-Li
M. Bison

Ect, ect. It's bizarre especially with the case for the other Sonic and Street Fighter characters as Sephiroth opened the door for all of them to come in.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
There's a lot of iconic characters who don't have much Smash support backing them like:

Lara Croft
Spyro
Kratos
Big Daddy
Sly Cooper
Ratchet & Clank
Jack & Daxter
Scorpion
Tails
Dr. Eggman
Knuckles
Chun-Li
M. Bison

Ect, ect. It's bizarre especially with the case for the other Sonic and Street Fighter characters as Sephiroth opened the door for all of them to come in.
Sony characters are understandable because of how stingy Sony is. Sony tried their own Smash game, but Microsoft didn't.
It took Banjo to get Master Chief as legitimate possibility. All it takes is precedent.
We just need few more characters to crack prejudice like Japan popularity issue.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sony characters are understandable because of how stingy Sony is. Sony tried their own Smash game, but Microsoft didn't.
It took Banjo to get Master Chief as legitimate possibility. All it takes is precedent.
We just need few more characters to crack prejudice like Japan popularity issue.
Still, I'm really surprised that not many people jumped on the Eggman, Tails or Chun-Li expresses after Sephiroth was announced.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Still, I'm really surprised that not many people jumped on the Eggman, Tails or Chun-Li expresses after Sephiroth was announced.
Eggman. I agree with you.

As for other two... Tails is Mii costume. Seeing as Rex is still Mii, people believe DLC Mii costumes are pretty much death sentence.

Chun-Li is due to the fact that she would be the third character from the same series.
There are people who are not fond of Sephiroth just because he is from the same game. Or just because he is another swordsman.
Since there are only two slots, people want to see characters from new series.

If Smash continues as live service game in line with COD: Warzone, Fortnite and APEX, people would be more open to other characters as they don't have to worry about losing slots to other characters.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
No stopping!

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Tomb Raider IV Month!

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
I can say Lara Croft will join Smash eventually. It's inevitable. Even though there are still Japanese franchises to choose, they will run out of option.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Tomb Raider art

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
It's a small sample size so maybe it's not the most reliable, but look at how there's only one character in the top 10 that's not in Smash.....

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
It's a small sample size so maybe it's not the most reliable, but look at how there's only one character in the top 10 that's not in Smash.....

Kirby is less recognizable than Lara Croft? Huh. That’s kinda surprising and sad at the same time. I guess not that many people are Kirby fans. But at least Lara still gets some recognition.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Preach!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I still think Lara Croft is one of the biggest (likely missed) opportunities.

Top Bottom