• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tomb Raider: Lara Croft's Manor

DX_E

Smash Apprentice
Thought I'd give Lara's move-set a shot too. This is a really rough draft and it still needs some work but thought I'd share what I've got so far.

A, A, A- punch, flare, high kick.

Up tilt - Flaming torch swing above.

Side tilt - Flaming torch swing outwards similar to Lara Croft Go

Down tilt - Low axe swipe.

Dash attack - Rolling jump/cartwheel/forward flip kick attack. 3 part acrobatic attack. Press A, A, A.

Up smash – Desert Eagle.

Forward Smash - Shotgun. Similar to Ridley's forward smash but more range.

Down Smash - Harpoon Gun aimed diagonally downwards. Pins enemies to the ground for a follow up attack.

Neutral Air - Flying kick

Forward Air – Magnums shot forward.

Back Air - Magnums shot behind.

Up Air – Somersault kick

Down Air - Uzi Fire diagonally downwards.

Grab pummel - punches with a lit flare.

Up throw - Uppercut punch

Forward throw- Spinning Wheel kick.

Down throw - Holds an enemy down with her foot and Uzi.

Back throw - Throws back and shoots twice.

Neutral B - Dual Pistols. Press B to draw Lara’s pistols. Shoot with A. Hold A for continuous shots. Lara can move whilst shooting. She can jump, flip and roll. Automatically aims at the nearest opponent. Shots don't cause enemies to flinch like Fox's blaster. They cause more damage but have less range. The key is to keep moving and keep enough distance. Press B again to put guns away. Kind of similar to Banjo & Kazooie’s Breegul Blaster but Lara will be more mobile.

Up B - Bow and Arrow/Rope Arrow. Press Up B to shoot an arrow diagonally upwards. Arrows will fall back to the ground. Hold up B and a rope arrow is shot. If a rope arrow connects with an enemy, Lara will pull 'em towards her and kick 'em away. She can shoot again after connecting with an enemy. When the rope arrow connects to a ledge, she will swing towards the stage and will have to climb up back to the ledge. This leaves her vulnerable but she can swing a knife on the rope to catch people off guard..... Alternatively Up B could just be a simple grapple hook.

Side B - Axe leap. Similar to Little Mac. Lara will leap to the side with two climbing axes behind her head which she will strike ahead of her into an enemy, ledge or wall. Has a Meteor Smash Effect. If connects with a wall, Lara can grip and climb up the wall. Whilst not exactly like her running jumps in her classic games, I thought this move would be reminiscent of all her daring jumps and platforming.

Down B - Spear Javelin. Straight from Lara Croft Go, Lara will throw a spear in front of her. She can charge the move for a more forceful and deadly throw. Can be thrown off ledge for the perfect snipe.

Lara can do a handstand climbing back on stage if she presses a taunt button. Speaking of, I havn't worked on her taunts or Final smash yet. The final smash could start with Lara on her motorcycle and involve a tonne of booby traps and dinosaurs....but I dunno!

Last edited:

DX_E

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I think she would be such a great fit, so I hope she gets in. A mii costume just wouldn't do her justice. I'm going to wait until next weeks presentation but if Lara got in, do you think she'll have the same problems as other square characters with getting Tomb Raider songs remixed? Like the title theme of TR1 is so iconic to me but it would need to be adapted to fit smash.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Yeah, I think she would be such a great fit, so I hope she gets in. A mii costume just wouldn't do her justice. I'm going to wait until next weeks presentation but if Lara got in, do you think she'll have the same problems as other square characters with getting Tomb Raider songs remixed? Like the title theme of TR1 is so iconic to me but it would need to be adapted to fit smash.
Honestly, I couldn't care less about her music. If she got in I would be over the moon.

They could totally preMiium her, though. If Bomberman can be a brawler, nothing matters.

...and actually, I'd prefer this to her not being in at all. Her new Chibi version is catching on.

Last edited:

Ornl

Smash Ace
What's very positive for Nintendo's future is that it has strengthened its partnership with Squenix.
Lara Croft is still an ultimate original (retro) mascot and a genre influencer.

6 JRPG Squenix males isn't a good reason to exclude other different Squenix icons. But there may be other reasons.
• The reason for the absence of Bomberman isn't because Simon took his place. The reason was different.
• The reason for the absence of other Sega rep isn't because Joker took their place.
• The reason for the absence of Dante, Jill Valentine, Monster Hunter or Phoenix Wright isn't because a Capcom rep took their place.
• The reason for the absence of Lloyd and Heihachi isn't because a Bamco rep took their place (but probably Hero and Terry).
• The reason for the absence of Rayman, Rabbid and Altair isn't because a Ubisoft rep has took their place.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
If there is a third pass. Ultimate's DLC will have to end eventually. There are three spots left on the second pass, so Lara can take a spot.
I vote for two more Fighters Passes of six each. That way we reach 100 Fighters (if you count Echo Fighters separately, that is).
Crono and Lara Croft for Square Enix reps in each of those passes would be ideal.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I vote for two more Fighters Passes of six each. That way we reach 100 Fighters (if you count Echo Fighters separately, that is).
Crono and Lara Croft for Square Enix reps in each of those passes would be ideal.
Well in the code of the game, there are only 4 WoL slots opened after Fighter's Pass 2 is done so there might not be enough for Fighter's Pass 4 let alone Fighter's Pass 3. It will probably end on Fighter's Pass 2 or we will get bonus DLC afterwards at the end to fill in those last 4 slots.

Last edited:

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
As one of the most successful and timeless game protagonists I was hoping they’d at least consider her. I think she would’ve been the perfect 3rd SE choice, although Sephiroth is also valid.

Perhaps in a future smash bros, unless there are more passes. I think Lara Croft fans should be more United and vocal like other fanbases are. She has enough star power and merit to be in a crossover game like this.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Trailer idea:

We start with Lara desending into some dark ruins.
We get a couple scenes of her dodging death traps, Indiana Jones style.
We see her shooting at giant scorpions, mummies, maybe even a T-rex.
Eventually, she gets to a treasure room.
She passes by various treasures until something catches her eye.
The Smash Bros Invitation.
As she grabs it, a stone wall begins to slide back, and we see several smashers back-lighted and looking all dramatic, before they charge her and attack.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Trailer idea:

We start with Lara desending into some dark ruins.
We get a couple scenes of her dodging death traps, Indiana Jones style.
We see her shooting at giant scorpions, mummies, maybe even a T-rex.
Eventually, she gets to a treasure room.
She passes by various treasures until something catches her eye.
The Smash Bros Invitation.
As she grabs it, a stone wall begins to slide back, and we see several smashers back-lighted and looking all dramatic, before they charge her and attack.
For me, the ultimate trailer (would come after Dixie Kong is revealed)

Samus is running up to fight someone, we don't see who
she gets blasted out of the way by Zelda
Who is booty bumped by Peach

We then go through a quickshot series of the newer female characters who are continuing to Smash the former out of the way- Corrin, Lucina, Byleth, Bayonetta, Inkling, Isabelle, Palutena, Min Min, Rosalina, etc.

Finally in the end- we get to Lara Croft- who blasts each of them one at a time (with her dual pistol).
We Zoom out to a pile of knocked out female characters on top of each other, and Lara Croft makes a sassy pose (in character) while putting her guns in their holsters.
The Smash Splash screen freezes, and it reads something about Lara Croft entering while making a pun on her history of being the first female gaming legend.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
For me, the ultimate trailer (would come after Dixie Kong is revealed)

Samus is running up to fight someone, we don't see who
she gets blasted out of the way by Zelda
Who is booty bumped by Peach

We then go through a quickshot series of the newer female characters who are continuing to Smash the former out of the way- Corrin, Lucina, Byleth, Bayonetta, Inkling, Isabelle, Palutena, Min Min, Rosalina, etc.

Finally in the end- we get to Lara Croft- who blasts each of them one at a time (with her dual pistol).
We Zoom out to a pile of knocked out female characters on top of each other, and Lara Croft makes a sassy pose (in character) while putting her guns in their holsters.
The Smash Splash screen freezes, and it reads something about Lara Croft entering while making a pun on her history of being the first female gaming legend.
That's a pretty awesome idea as well.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Smash Lara account is one of my favs!

GillaMonster

Smash Rookie
2013's final encounter said:
Lara Croft Unearths the Battle!

Stats:
Height: 4/5 - Lara is around ZSS’s height, maybe a tad taller

Walk Speed: Around Roy’s speed, 1.15

Run Speed: Around Marth’s speed, 1.5

Overall attack speed: 3.5/5

Air Speed: Around Sheik’s air speed, 1.1

Fall Speed: Around Ike’s fall speed, 1.65

Weight: Around Roy’s weight, 95

Overall attack strength: 3/5

Overall range: 3/5
Standard attacks:
Jab - Lara will perform a set of two punches before launching foes with a shot of both dual pistols.

Forward tilt - This move is practically identical to it’s Tomb Raider Underword counterpart, Lara will perform a swift roundhouse kick.

Up tilt - Lara will perform a handstand before flipping back over, similarly to the move in the Tomb Raider legend games when Lara pulls herself up a ledge.

Down tilt - Lara will perform a quick sweeping kick similar to Mario or ZSS.

Dash attack - Just like the one seen in Tomb Raider Underworld, Lara will jump forwards in a flying kick similar to Lucario or Brawl ZSS.
Smash attacks:
Forward smash - Lara will pull out a shotgun and shoot straight ahead, it has low range but excellent damage and knockback.

Up smash - Lara will pull out her Assault Rifle and shoot a round above her head, allowing for many quick hits, although it has a rather short range it racks up nice damage.

Down smash - Lara will pull out dual Submachine guns and shoot the ground below her, dealing multiple quick hits on both sides.
Aerial attacks:
Neutral air - Lara will perform a front-flip in midair while shooting all around her.

Forward air - Lara will perform a flip in midair before slamming down her leg for an axe-kick which can spike opponents hit with her foot.

Back air - Lara will turn around and fire with one of her guns, hitting her opponent with her gun in addition similarly to this
http://images5.fanpop.com/image/pho...nd-tomb-raider-trilogy-31486983-1600-1200.jpg

Up air - Lara will perform a backflip, kicking with her legs while simultaneously shooting from both guns.

Down air - Lara will flip upside down and shoot a few shots from her pistols below her.
Grabs & Throws:
Grab - Lara will throw out her grappling hook, tethering to nearby opponents and pulling them in closer.

Pummel - Lara will continuously knee the enemy.

Forward throw - Lara will spin around, tossing the opponent in front of her.

Back throw - This move is very similar to the actual Tomb Raider games as Lara yanks opponents towards her, sending them behind her.

Up throw - Lara will swing her grappling hook upwards, tossing the opponent too.

Down throw - Lara will flick the opponent up before smashing them into the ground once again.

Special attacks:
Neutral Special - Pistol Shots: Lara will emulate her classic games, in this move she’ll pull out her dual guns and shoot rapid shots for about 3 seconds, the move has an ammo count so stopping mid-attack will cut the endlag but will make it harder to use next time, making it a useful but risky approach option as she can move during it.

Side Special - Adrenaline shot: During this move Lara will jump forwards and if she successfully collides with an enemy, she will jump off of them causing both to slow down, emulating the move seen in the Tomb Raider Legend games. While this is happening, 2 reticles appear with one moving and pressing B when the 2 are lined up will cause her to perform the ‘Headshot’ which is an extremely strong shot, capable of killing enemies at moderately low percents.

Up Special - Grappling hook: This move is similar to other tether recoveries like Brawl ZSS and Olimar, this move has a few differences however, Lara will not just snap to the ledge by pressing a button again, she has to actually climb up, although this process can be sped up by mashing ‘B’, Lara can also use it to swing in order to reach the other side of the stage.

Down Special - Grenades: During this move Lara will pull out a grenade, by simply pressing the button, she’ll throw out a grenade in an arc about twice her size but the button can also be held down where Lara can change the trajectory of the move, don’t take too long though or it could blow up right in your face!

Final Smash - King Arthur’s Wrath: In this final smash Lara will summon a giant portal and excalibur with it, she will then pull out the sword, sucking in nearby opponents, causing rapid damage to them before launching them.

Intro animation - Lara will ride in on her motorbike before flipping off while pulling out her guns.

Taunt 1 - Lara will flip one of her guns before catching it while saying “ “.

Taunt 2 -

Taunt 3 -

Victory 1 - Lara will ride in on her bike, then perform a U-turn before looking back at the camera.

Victory 2 - Lara will swing in on her grapple before landing on one knee, with one hand on the floor and looking down before looking up as the announcer say her name.

Victory 3 - Lara will perform some acrobatic flips similarly to the legend games when dodge rolling multiple times in a row.

Alternate Costumes:
1. Her default look using the current Legend Lara design seen in the Lara Croft spin-off and mobile games.

2. This is similar to Legend Lara with a brown top and shorts.

3. This is similar to Underworld Lara with a black top and black shorts.

4. Resembles the biker outfit from Legend with a black, white and red design.

5. Classic Lara with her grayish-blue tank top, tan shorts as well as the braid.

6. Similar to Classic, Gray from Legend with a gray top and dark grey shorts.

7. Resembles teenage lara with a green and white design from Tomb Raider: the Last revelation and Chronicles.

8. Resembles Natla with blonde hair and a red outfit.

Victory theme - An excerpt of the ‘Mission Summary’ theme from either Tomb Raider: Legend or Tomb Raider: Anniversary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RULbNpX9k94
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhAVK_SzlNM
[/spoiler]
Character Evolution:

Likely Appearance: (based on a mix between classic and reboot Lara - from mobile game Relic Run)
Fanarts

Lara's support list:
-Gimmick
-Opossum
-Aetheri
-The Novice Sword
-Kenith
-Rildey_Prime
-Aussie the Shinobi
-TheDarkKnightNoivern
-WhiteEaglePL
-Kirbeh
-Cothero
-PF9
-Dezeray112
Lara Croft
Background
Tomb Raider was a unexpected hit, leading to multiple games and currently 2 reboots. She has been on Nintendo systems quite a lot and has recieved movies, with another one coming soon.

Lara Croft is one of the biggest icons of gaming, with the series helping to define what the adventure genre is. Her games have sold over 40m, almost all having critical acclaim. Also known as Lady Croft, she is an archeologist and a tomb raider who over the years became very rich.
Movesets
I decided to jot down a set of Specials for her, because why not? This is mainly based off of the reboot version of Lara.

Neutral Special - Pistols - Fire up to two bullets with comical ricocheting sound effects (take that, Sakurai's view on firearms!). These can be angled from walls to hit foes in different places.

Side Special - Special Arrow - Fire an arrow from the bow with a wide range of angles. Defaults to Silent Arrows.

Up Special - Climbing Axe - Get an additional jump while holding out the climbing axe before slamming it into the stage. Does heavy damage to opponents if they're hit with the pick.

Down Special - Ammo Craft - Alter the type of arrow that will be shot with the Side Special. Cycle between Silent Arrows (speediest of the arrows and the default), Fire Arrows (if these hit either the opponent or the ground, the ember lingers similar to Ness' PK Fire), and Poison Arrows (poisons the foe similar to the Subspace Gas in Brawl, damaging them slowly over a set period of time for chip damage).

For the Final Smash, any sort of supernatural occurrence from throughout the series can work, and be rather fitting. I ended up going for Tomb Raider 2013's final encounter, so...spoilers I guess.
Final Smash - Himiko's Wrath - Similar in a way to Nathan Drake's Level 3 Super in PSASBR, Lara's Final Smash has Himiko's tomb reappear, releasing a storm upon the stage. Lara's unencumbered by it and fights to re-destroy Himiko's remains in the background while foes on the stage get swept away by storms, carrying them far off the stage. Lightning occasionally strikes them as well.
Lara Croft Unearths the Battle!

Stats:
Height: 4/5 - Lara is around ZSS’s height, maybe a tad taller

Walk Speed: Around Roy’s speed, 1.15

Run Speed: Around Marth’s speed, 1.5

Overall attack speed: 3.5/5

Air Speed: Around Sheik’s air speed, 1.1

Fall Speed: Around Ike’s fall speed, 1.65

Weight: Around Roy’s weight, 95

Overall attack strength: 3/5

Overall range: 3/5
Standard attacks:
Jab - Lara will perform a set of two punches before launching foes with a shot of both dual pistols.

Forward tilt - This move is practically identical to it’s Tomb Raider Underword counterpart, Lara will perform a swift roundhouse kick.

Up tilt - Lara will perform a handstand before flipping back over, similarly to the move in the Tomb Raider legend games when Lara pulls herself up a ledge.

Down tilt - Lara will perform a quick sweeping kick similar to Mario or ZSS.

Dash attack - Just like the one seen in Tomb Raider Underworld, Lara will jump forwards in a flying kick similar to Lucario or Brawl ZSS.
Smash attacks:
Forward smash - Lara will pull out a shotgun and shoot straight ahead, it has low range but excellent damage and knockback.

Up smash - Lara will pull out her Assault Rifle and shoot a round above her head, allowing for many quick hits, although it has a rather short range it racks up nice damage.

Down smash - Lara will pull out dual Submachine guns and shoot the ground below her, dealing multiple quick hits on both sides.
Aerial attacks:
Neutral air - Lara will perform a front-flip in midair while shooting all around her.

Forward air - Lara will perform a flip in midair before slamming down her leg for an axe-kick which can spike opponents hit with her foot.

Back air - Lara will turn around and fire with one of her guns, hitting her opponent with her gun in addition similarly to this
http://images5.fanpop.com/image/pho...nd-tomb-raider-trilogy-31486983-1600-1200.jpg

Up air - Lara will perform a backflip, kicking with her legs while simultaneously shooting from both guns.

Down air - Lara will flip upside down and shoot a few shots from her pistols below her.
Grabs & Throws:
Grab - Lara will throw out her grappling hook, tethering to nearby opponents and pulling them in closer.

Pummel - Lara will continuously knee the enemy.

Forward throw - Lara will spin around, tossing the opponent in front of her.

Back throw - This move is very similar to the actual Tomb Raider games as Lara yanks opponents towards her, sending them behind her.

Up throw - Lara will swing her grappling hook upwards, tossing the opponent too.

Down throw - Lara will flick the opponent up before smashing them into the ground once again.

Special attacks:
Neutral Special - Pistol Shots: Lara will emulate her classic games, in this move she’ll pull out her dual guns and shoot rapid shots for about 3 seconds, the move has an ammo count so stopping mid-attack will cut the endlag but will make it harder to use next time, making it a useful but risky approach option as she can move during it.

Side Special - Adrenaline shot: During this move Lara will jump forwards and if she successfully collides with an enemy, she will jump off of them causing both to slow down, emulating the move seen in the Tomb Raider Legend games. While this is happening, 2 reticles appear with one moving and pressing B when the 2 are lined up will cause her to perform the ‘Headshot’ which is an extremely strong shot, capable of killing enemies at moderately low percents.

Up Special - Grappling hook: This move is similar to other tether recoveries like Brawl ZSS and Olimar, this move has a few differences however, Lara will not just snap to the ledge by pressing a button again, she has to actually climb up, although this process can be sped up by mashing ‘B’, Lara can also use it to swing in order to reach the other side of the stage.

Down Special - Grenades: During this move Lara will pull out a grenade, by simply pressing the button, she’ll throw out a grenade in an arc about twice her size but the button can also be held down where Lara can change the trajectory of the move, don’t take too long though or it could blow up right in your face!

Final Smash - King Arthur’s Wrath: In this final smash Lara will summon a giant portal and excalibur with it, she will then pull out the sword, sucking in nearby opponents, causing rapid damage to them before launching them.

Intro animation - Lara will ride in on her motorbike before flipping off while pulling out her guns.

Taunt 1 - Lara will flip one of her guns before catching it while saying “ “.

Taunt 2 -

Taunt 3 -

Victory 1 - Lara will ride in on her bike, then perform a U-turn before looking back at the camera.

Victory 2 - Lara will swing in on her grapple before landing on one knee, with one hand on the floor and looking down before looking up as the announcer say her name.

Victory 3 - Lara will perform some acrobatic flips similarly to the legend games when dodge rolling multiple times in a row.

Alternate Costumes:
1. Her default look using the current Legend Lara design seen in the Lara Croft spin-off and mobile games.

2. This is similar to Legend Lara with a brown top and shorts.

3. This is similar to Underworld Lara with a black top and black shorts.

4. Resembles the biker outfit from Legend with a black, white and red design.

5. Classic Lara with her grayish-blue tank top, tan shorts as well as the braid.

6. Similar to Classic, Gray from Legend with a gray top and dark grey shorts.

7. Resembles teenage lara with a green and white design from Tomb Raider: the Last revelation and Chronicles.

8. Resembles Natla with blonde hair and a red outfit.

Victory theme - An excerpt of the ‘Mission Summary’ theme from either Tomb Raider: Legend or Tomb Raider: Anniversary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RULbNpX9k94
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhAVK_SzlNM
Character Evolution:

Likely Appearance: (based on a mix between classic and reboot Lara - from mobile game Relic Run)
Fanarts

Lara's support list:
-Gimmick
-Opossum
-Aetheri
-The Novice Sword
-Kenith
-Rildey_Prime
-Aussie the Shinobi
-TheDarkKnightNoivern
-WhiteEaglePL
-Kirbeh
-Cothero
-PF9
-Dezeray112
Sign me up!

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Lara Croft Forever!

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
A collection of the reboot trilogy got leaked by the Microsoft store. It got taken down but it looked legit.
Yeah, but then again we had a leak for the "Tomb Raider Ultimate Experience" last year and that didn't pan out, so gotta temper those expectations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LIC8r9zf0U (linked for profanity)

Last edited:

DX_E

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, but then again we had a leak for the "Tomb Raider Ultimate Experience" last year and that didn't pan out, so gotta temper those expectations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LIC8r9zf0U (linked for profanity)
That's fair but this was on the the official Microsoft Store site. https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/the-microsoft-store-leaked-a-tomb-raider-trilogy-collection/

I'm really excited about the Square Enix Presents though. Hopefully we'll learn more about the new Netflix anime...and maybe we'll get some TR on switch 🤞

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Lara Croft announced for Fortnite.

Ornl

Smash Ace
Lara Croft announced for Fortnite.

Yes. After Master Chief, here is yet another major collector icon for Fortnite :/

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I’m really surprised there isn’t more support for Lara in Smash. She’s one of the most iconic female video game characters and has a huge legacy with a ton of games multiple movies. While she isn’t one of my most wanted, I think she is more than deserving of a spot and I would be happy with her inclusion.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That's fair but this was on the the official Microsoft Store site. https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/the-microsoft-store-leaked-a-tomb-raider-trilogy-collection/

I'm really excited about the Square Enix Presents though. Hopefully we'll learn more about the new Netflix anime...and I maybe we'll get some TR on switch 🤞
The leak is correct...And we heard bupkis in terms of details for the Netflix anime.

Only other new things are a cookbook (pfft) and a Brave Exvius crossover.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Why do I feel like Fortnite is ruining Lara's chances for Smash? :/ Not hating on Fortnite tho.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Well... it's not like another crossover blocked Ryu and Terry from joining Smash... although it can be argued that their circumstances were different from Lara as Fortnite inclusion would be too close to Smash inclusion if that were to happen.

Last edited:

Ornl

Smash Ace
Well... it's not like another crossover blocked Ryu and Terry from joining Smash... although it can be argued that their circumstances were different from Lara as Fortnite inclusion would be too close to Smash inclusion if that were to happen.
Ryu, Ken and Terry have the same creator (Takashi Nishiyama), and the fighting game genre had easily been able to bring them together.

Lara Croft went to Brawlhalla then Fortnite. Ultimate and Fortnite are on another level than Capcom crossovers. Nintendo picks unexpected third-party characters (Joker, Hero, Terry, Steve and Sephiroth) and elevates them to the rank of ultimate icons. Fortnite takes popular reps that are already icons. Now if Lara was planned in Utlimate, she wouldn't do a good authentic elevation effect anymore. The announcement that she would be a DLC would come too late. I also think Nintendo would have strategically negotiated to introduce her in Ultimate before she came to other games. The fact that Lara is thus exposing herself to other gamers is, in my opinion, the proof that Nintendo isn't watching her.

In addition, FP2 already has two 100% female characters. They don't come from third-party companies, true, but they are there. I think all the third-party females have been sidelined, as Chun-Li, Frisk, Koei Impa, KOS-MOS, Jill Valentine, Nakoruru, Shantae...

Last edited:

GillaMonster

Smash Rookie
Ryu, Ken and Terry have the same creator (Takashi Nishiyama), and the fighting game genre had easily been able to bring them together.

Lara Croft went to Brawlhalla then Fortnite. Ultimate and Fortnite are on another level than Capcom crossovers. Nintendo chooses unexpected third-party characters (Joker, Hero, Terry, Steve and Sephiroth) and elevates them to the rank of ultimate icons. Fortnite takes popular reps that are already icons. Now if Lara was planned in Utlimate, she wouldn't do a good authentic elevation effect anymore. The announcement that she would be a DLC would come too late. I also think Nintendo would have strategically negotiated to introduce it in Ultimate before it came to other games. The fact that Lara is thus exposing herself to other gamers is, in my opinion, the proof that Nintendo isn't watching her.

In addition, FP2 already has two 100% female characters. They don't come from third-party companies, true, but they are there. I think all the third-party females have been sidelined, as Chun-Li, Frisk, Koei Impa, KOS-MOS, Jill Valentine, Nakoruru, Shantae...
:( I still have hope...

Lionfranky

Smash Lord

Lara Croft went to Brawlhalla then Fortnite. Ultimate and Fortnite are on another level than Capcom crossovers. Nintendo chooses unexpected third-party characters (Joker, Hero, Terry, Steve and Sephiroth) and elevates them to the rank of ultimate icons. Fortnite takes popular reps that are already icons. Now if Lara was planned in Utlimate, she wouldn't do a good authentic elevation effect anymore. The announcement that she would be a DLC would come too late. I also think Nintendo would have strategically negotiated to introduce it in Ultimate before it came to other games. The fact that Lara is thus exposing herself to other gamers is, in my opinion, the proof that Nintendo isn't watching her.

I think Steve and Sephiroth were already ultimate icons before joining. But, there are people who argue that Steve himself isn't icon...

Top Bottom