• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Timid Chameleon Pokémon: Sobble shows up

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
So this is going to be my little support thread for the new Water Starter, Sobble
pokemon-3b_2x.png

No, I don't think He'll be in the game, but I want him, or his evolution.
More than anything though, this thread would be a spot for #SobbleGang to hang out.

Thinking critically, Sobble could have definite Moveset potential. His invisibility can make for a very unique playstyle.

If a gen8 Pokémon gets into smash at some point (and let's face it, one will), the most popular starter is a good place to start. It just so happens that time and time again, our precious little boy wins the Japanse popularity polls and we've got Proof

So, wanna be part of Sobbles Crew?
Members:
- Ultomato Ultomato
- Orlando BCN Orlando BCN
- C chocolatejr9
- Voe Voe
- RcS735 RcS735
- TheCJBrine TheCJBrine
- Mogisthelioma Mogisthelioma
- PeridotGX PeridotGX
- @NotAPro Bro
- Zinith Zinith
- @Thesaurus30
- Erureido Erureido
- Moderately obsessed Moderately obsessed
- L LH LH
- Peridorito Peridorito
- ZagarTulip ZagarTulip
- RealPokeFan11 RealPokeFan11

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I just realized something. The region is based on the UK, and Sobble is said to be incredibly shy... is Sobble's final evolution based on the Loch Ness Monster?

Voe

Smash Journeyman
I just realized something. The region is based on the UK, and Sobble is said to be incredibly shy... is Sobble's final evolution based on the Loch Ness Monster?
Correct me if I'm wrong but was Lapras a Loch Ness Monster inspired Pokemon? It would be pretty nice to get another take on Nessie as a Pokemon, maybe an aquatic looking version of Aurorus.

I've seen some speculation on what type Sobble would be at the end of it's evolution, and the one I would love to see the most would be a Water/Ghost type. I mean in the trailer Sobble looked like it had an ability to go invisible or blend in with the water (and possibly it's surroundings) so it would be neat to see if we did get a Loch Ness, or possibly a Medieval inspired dragon Water/Ghost Pokemon. As long as it's not ugly.

D

Deleted member

I would like to apply for this list.
here's my resume as to why you should put me on that list.

I made this in Microsoft paint in under 45 minutes.
No clue why I made this..png
Does that make me legally qualified to be on Sobble's support list?
61sWuTdxreL._SX425_.jpg
d4sbtnw-62a74199-e8ac-4018-83a9-3028eb06668e.png
I knew when he had his arms open, I HAD to use it for something family friendly.
pokemon-3b_2x.png
EDIT: Somewhere I miss spelled "Sobble" with "Sombble". and I fixed that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I would like to apply for this list.
here's my resume as to why you should put me on that list.

I made this in Microsoft paint in under 45 minutes.View attachment 195100Does that make me legally qualified to be on Sobble's support list?
I knew when he had his arms open, I HAD to use it for something family friendly.View attachment 195103
Bro, what the ****.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Didn't know there was a Sobble support thread until someone directed me to it.

Sign me up! I'm definitely on Team Sobble!

LH LH

Smash Cadet
He’s apparently the most popular starter. I’m in. I hope he doesn’t look as sad with his final evolution though

LH LH

Smash Cadet
Well hopefully he doesn’t look as miserable. He’s probably gonna be the greninja of this gen

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
This is amazing news!
I'll be sure to link that poll on the OP

Top Bottom