• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Thing - Game Concluded. What would have happened posted, mysteries tomorrow

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
God that was fun. Especially when Scav was actively playing, even funner. You guys should have seen his guesses at passwords when we tried to hack the battery pack location computer (hey, not everything we did was evil).

I won't mention what happened to Palmer since the next update will no doubt include it, but I will say that we know what it was. It was epic. But not as epic as Dmitri and Clint versus Childs... ****.

ligolski

Smash Rookie
wow i didn't notice the giant post...yea i went insane...i got a bunch of you guys though lol...i don't remember ever planing to kill FF but perhaps we did lol

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Lol, I love that review. 'Collins? Collins? WTF I TESTED HIM!'

On topic: Christ, this game is probally one of the longest ever, especially the aftertalk stuff :D

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'm still opened to answering any questions you people have about specific parts. I know there are plenty of "you hear a noise here" things that were never openly solved. I still have all the PMs

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'm actually very surprised no one ever re-entered that room, or even bothered to go "hey where's Camo, the last place we saw him was there, let's go back"

edit: Actually, Frozenflame did re-enter and retrieve a shotgun he had found there earlier (but left in case of emergencies) in the cabinet, but as Frozenflame was the one who killed Camo, it didn't help that much.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Hehe.

Side note: Hidden around the base were several drawings/notes from Windows showing his hatred for Palmer. I did them as a joke, hoping people would be like "YES A SECRET NOTE" and then be disapointed as they looked upon the "duh duh duh, I swear if Palmer tells me that joke one more time I'm going to kill him".

Well, the Russians found almost all of them (I think someone else might have found one?).

When they were upstairs, they tracked Palmer to the Kitchen, where they planned on killing him. But as he had a gun, they didn't want to just barge in. So they knocked on the door.

This scared Palmer (he posted in the thread about it), and he had no idea what to do, but he didn't open the door.

The Russians, in their wisdom, slipped a note they found under the door. Palmer (Deathreaver, for those who forgot) bent down to pick it up. Right then the Russians broke through the door with their bulk, smashing Palmer down, where they then stabbed him to death. The last thing Palmer saw was the note he had died for, which showed a drawing of him being buggered by a man.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Oh and after Scav and I stabbed the **** out of him, we cut him open and decorated the place with his organs to make it look like he was a dead Thing, burning the body afterwards.

Oh and when I "tripped" while saving Garry the second time, I was trying to throw him into the fire.

It's a good thing I'm not playing The Fog, because I don't think anyone would trust me.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Today is the tenth anniversary of the start of this thread. I was planning on posting in this thread on the anniversary of the actual start of the game, but that would have been New Year's Eve so people probably would have been busy.

Anyway, I just think it's kind of amazing that it's been ten years since the first AGame on smashboards. We haven't had a ton since then, since they're so hard to run, but even the AGames that never really got very far have a special place in my memory. I also really appreciate everyone who has even attempted to run one, because even getting to the point of running the first session is a huge undertaking. I say that as someone who has run a few aborted games myself.

I guess I want to give a particular shout out to Eor Eor (RIP) and Evil Eye Evil Eye . Eor because he was the creator of the first AGame (this one obviously), and Evil Eye for being the GM of the only AGame to ever run to completion (The Fog) and the AGame with the widest scope that actually made significant progress (We Own the Knight).

There are lots of other AGamers that deserve shout outs, but I really can't be bothered.

Anyway, I hope some of the other AGame players and GMs pop in here. To get things started I'm just going to @ some of the AGamers I remember off the top of my head, from both this game and later AGames. I'm sure a lot of them aren't around much anymore, and some of them have contorted their names in ways I can hardly be bothered to track (all you HBC ****ers), but hopefully this will reach at least some of these guys.

@Scav
@Tom
Virgilijus Virgilijus
tmw_redcell tmw_redcell
DtJ Jungle DtJ Jungle
@DtJ Glyphmoney
@<3
@Chill
@#HBC | FrozeηFlame
@smashman90
@Rockin
#HBC | marshy #HBC | marshy
@sheepyman
@Ronike
@KevinM
Pythag Pythag
Wikipedia Wikipedia
Handorin Handorin
@Mr.Lombardi34
@#HBC | Mac
@McFox
@mentosman8
C camo-man
@Matunas
@karthik_king

I probably missed a bunch of people but there have been so many of you ****s. If you post in this thread and remember somebody I haven't already mentioned in that list up above, please just go ahead and @ them even if they haven't been on SWF for two years. On the off chance they decide to glance at smashboards, I'd love to see them in this thread.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I was reading through this thread earlier this year. I barely remember the fog, and we own the knight was impossible to find, all of the old a game threads were so hard to find. I found this one through Google actually... imagine how difficult that was.

I wish I had more free time to be a ln active member of another AGame.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I was reading through this thread earlier this year. I barely remember the fog, and we own the knight was impossible to find, all of the old a game threads were so hard to find. I found this one through Google actually... imagine how difficult that was.

I wish I had more free time to be a ln active member of another AGame.
There's actually a DGames Compendium thread stickied at the top of this subforum. If you click on the The Game Archive link in that thread, you get taken here, which has a pretty complete (although a bit outdated) list of all the AGames hosted on SWF.

And yeah, I know what you mean. Even when I'm not so busy, the amount of time and energy that AGames demand can be kind of overwhelming.

I've actually started playing some D&D recently, and I've found it's a pretty good substitute. I didn't have enough friends that were interested in playing regularly, so I wound up just going to a local game store and playing there. They had a couple groups already going and just integrated me into one of them. It's still a commitment, but it's a lot easier to just meet up once a week for a few hours than it is to be on AIM all the time waiting for the next time enough people are on for something to happen.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I have kept my avatar in hopes of one day having my Majoresque character in an AGame... I guess, it is not meant to be...

Anyways, I always really enjoyed AGames, even the giant hastle of hosting them. I'd love to host one again, but the time commitment is too much. I mean, if we didn't have AGames, we would never have Rockin 'accidentally' jack another guy off. That alone is worth the price of admission.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mediocre Mediocre Whoa, those are some ooooollld memories you're bringing up!

I remember reading through "The Thing" and not getting it at ALL.
Then I remember playing "The Fog" and also being clueless, though I had fun!

Only way after all of these games had ended did I really sit down and thinking about
a. How I totally didn't get some stuff my first time around
b. How much freaking WORK the mods put into those type of games. Major props to EE and Eor

The whole thing was really impressive! And I have no idea how many AGames like that were even happening on the internet. Like <pi said, I remember searching for other stuff like it, and really couldn't find anything close to it!

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
AGames are amazing and if I won the lottery I'd just pay someone to run one for us professionally.

Most of my favourite gaming memories are from AGames. You get a lot out of them that you can't really get out of a video game. No matter "open" a video game world tries to be, it will be a hundred years before they even come close to the freedom you have in an AGame. You are not just part of the story, you create the story as you play. Each action from each player has the potential to change the entire game. You know how when you were a kid and you said "Imagine if they made a game where... where you could do anything!" That's what an AGame is. It's not even like DnD where the DM consults a rulebook and there's all these technicalities you have to worry about, it's all personal judgement calls and the dice are only broken out for things that really are up to chance. The judgement calls can be dicey, which makes arguing with mods up to a certain point an essential skill in the game.

What you are capable of in the game has a lot more to do with what you, the player, are capable of. Even if you have a character who is a brilliant stone-cold liar, you still have to be the one coming up with a convincing lie. Even if your character can beat up ten goons as long as they don't do something stupid, you still have to go through the entire fight and not do something stupid.

I can't tell you how gloriously nerve-wracking it was playing as The Riddler, and having to pretend not to know so many things I knew, because I didn't want people to know I did. Or keeping track of who I told what or how much each person thinks I know. Working closely with Tom as Catwoman really made the game memorable for me, though all of the active players added something special to the game. Also, coming up with the riddles was really goddamn hard, because it had to be something a player couldn't just google. And I couldn't just rephrase existing ones because people may have heard them before, or changing the phrasing would make the riddle not work. I got some help with Tom from this (yes, The Riddler not coming up with all his own riddles, shameful, I know.) Coming up with puzzles with no riddles in them was still really hard too. So, if you played WOTK and wondered why I kidnapped you and then made you wait for what was occasionally a longass time before doing your riddle, it's because it's so much damn work to make a good, memorable one (and it would be pointless to do one that was not) and I didn't want to put in that work if I wasn't gonna actually put you through it, because doing that do a bunch of you was basically my win condition. Although I did do a crapton of things that had nothing to do with my win condition just because they were fun.

Now I'm just gonna say a bunch of things that were really big, fun moments that everyone should have totally been there for.

* The first run down the river in Infection 2, with a group of survivors, getting chased by nearly invincible, fast-swimming zombies, and buildings blowing up trying to block them as we zipped past. Then we get to their hideout and it's a matter of hours before we get kicked out just because Tom killed one of their guys in his sleep.

* My escape from the cult's base in Infection 2. I pretended to be still knocked out, and then stabbed the **** out of two guys with a hidden knife they failed to take off of me right when their third guy was fumbling with the keys to the underground cell I would rot in. Then I dodged a bullet without looking because I dodged just in case right before he fired! I always wanted to do that. I wanted to set the base on fire before I left, but there wasn't much flammable material.

* That Infection Beta where we ended up going to a prison because they had a helicopter we could take out of the city. It was basically one giant chase scene once we got to the prison. Ended with a bunch of us on a rooftop, zombies gradually beating down the doors while we struggled to get the helicopter working with our NPC buddy.

* The fundraiser party at Wayne Tower in WOTK. Since I got an invite, and I knew I was a player with a secret identity, I figured a ton of other players would have either fit the requirements to end up invited like I did, or Batman already knew my secret identity and it was a trap. I was so paranoid about every person there being another player pretending not to be, just like I was.

* Tom and I were working on co-modding a Pokemon AGame and put a bunch of work into it. We had Rockin run a beta scenario and fought against his rival, who we named Boulderon and made better than him in every way. Rockin wanted to be an Electric type trainer, and all o Boulderon's pokemon were rock/ground so they were basically immune to anything Rockin's pokemon could do and always would be unless Rockin got really creative.

* In Virgventures, EE and I fought a samurai and his giant nine-tailed fox. I, being a giant salamander, fought the fox while EE fought the samurai. We both killed our ridiculously tough opponents by savagely removing their genitals. The mysterious and eloquent samurai's last words were "My.... barrrrrrrrrrrs!" Then he fell over to his eternal rest.

* In GAE when I was playing as Stan Smith, I was teamed up with some rad dudes and we ended up fighting in a rooftop tournament to the death. I missed a session so I ended up having to fight the last, and hardest guy. One of the rules to the fights was no bladed weapons, but we didn't have much of anything on us so I took a switchblade, being limited to only using the handle. This move was derided as bafflingly useless by the other players, but I figured I would come up with something. My opponent was a huge prisoner, with giant chains around his wrists. He was super strong and though I fought my hardest to not get hit, he still hit me twice and both times almost killed me. Eventually I was able to get behind him, wrap his chains around his neck, and start to strangle him. But he was too strong for me to keep that up. So I pulled out my trusty switchblade handle, winked at the camera, and jammed it between the links in the chain to lock it around his neck. It worked, since he was too muscle-bound to reach behind his neck. It was still a tough fight after that but that is what made it winnable. I think that fight is a good demonstration of both how awesome I am and how you can do things in an AGame that the moderator hadn't thought of and have it work if it makes sense. If you try the video game equivalent it will either not do anything, or crash the game.

* In Virgventures, we were journeying through a prison tower, and a lot of cool stuff happened. One of the monsters we came across was a basilisk. Rockin, lovable scamp that he is, had no idea what a basilisk was supposed to do so upon finding this creature the first thing he does, before anyone has a chance to say anything, is look it straight in the eye to try to kick of an attempt to be peaceful with it instead of fighting it. This resulted in Rockin being a statue for the rest of that mission, because basilisks turn you to stone if you look at their eyes. And while he was a statue his arm got knocked off, so when he returned to normal he was still stuck with one arm.

* In WOTK, I had captured The Joker and lured The Batman into fighting him at an arena I had prepared. There were three riddles given to both guys, and whoever solved it first would get an advantage in the ensuing fight. One of my riddles had two parts (because the weapon they would get had two components) and right after I said the riddle, both Eor (Joker) and Scav (Batman) respond with half of the answer right... and they each had the opposite half. Then it took some time for them to figure out the rest. I thought that was really cool and was the sort of thing that made me like playing The Riddler, despite him being a dumb character.

There is tons more (even entire games I haven't mentioned yet) but if I keep typing I could probably starve to death before I was done 'membering things.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
And again I just can't stop gushing about Evil Eye Evil Eye 's spellbinder. he was a painter living in the city by day but by night.... oh by night...

EEs spellbinder was a man who found the truth in his own paintings this truth warped the way he saw the world and he was convinced the rest of the world needed to see this too. Spellbinder could produce paintings so realistic and deep that when looked at could temporarily pull people in making them go mad.

I remember deciding to paint a big mural attach it to a blimp and make the city see the truth! I was doing pretty well staying off the radar. had a lot of paint and I don't think anyone in the game was onto me or my scheme. I didn't know it really till now but I guess the tmw_redcell tmw_redcell 's riddler had everyone looked down... I was afraid buying gallons of paint would some how alert someone to me... I hoped being a painter it wouldn't seem strange.

sad we lost all of our PMs from the good old days.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
yoooo

me n virg teamed up in wotk. our wincons aligned because i had to kill all the mob bosses and he had to expand his control i believe. so my plan was to kill all his rivals which benefited both of us. then after his wincon was fulfilled id finish mine by killing him. i was going to recruit scav to help me storm his tower and kill both of us by dramatically tackling him out the window of his 100 floor tower

dude even gave me a magnetic vest that repelled bullets. i got into a shootout with pythag and when the bullets went around me i WISH i couldve seen his face

one time i was fighting batman on a chopper. we ended up tackling each other out of it onto a little boat that virg had planted with a fisherman on it. scav whoops my ass and handcuffs me. i get in a fighting position and scav makes a joke like "you never taught me the handcuff stance" then the fisherman shoots him with a shotgun into the water and i get away LOL

virg was the homie. yeah i was gonna betray him but its okay cuz he was going to win first

i was supposed to be spidergirl and help eors spiderman in toms spidey game but i left for the marines before it started. that really saddened me cuz id have loved to team with him. tied for #1 on my "**** i wish happened" list

the other #1 is that i was wildcat in justice league and @DtJ S2n as hawkgirl. we played a beta together with medi being my archrival yellowjacket who was this mad scientist type but really sadistic. our beta ended with medi holding a hostage at gunpoint on a bridge while we were facing him and THATS HOW IT ENDED! ive been waiting for years for this cliffhanger to finally resolve. but yeah s2 was a lot of fun to play with and we wouldve balled on ******* had that game ever gone

tmw_redcell tmw_redcell did you ever have info on me/lau in wotk? i wish i got to interact with you but i was caught up with other stuff ingame

shoutsout to all the homies ee medi virg tom rockin mashad mac stoobie and more. i miss the aim chats and banter. many of my most ballinest game memories are from agames as well. they just stick with you more than regular vidya games. im sure ill remember more stuff and post here

Last edited:

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
yoooo

me n virg teamed up in wotk. our wincons aligned because i had to kill all the mob bosses and he had to expand his control i believe. so my plan was to kill all his rivals which benefited both of us. then after his wincon was fulfilled id finish mine by killing him. i was going to recruit scav to help me storm his tower and kill both of us by dramatically tackling him out the window of his 100 floor tower

dude even gave me a magnetic vest that repelled bullets. i got into a shootout with pythag and when the bullets went around me i WISH i couldve seen his face

one time i was fighting batman on a chopper. we ended up tackling each other out of it onto a little boat that virg had planted with a fisherman on it. scav whoops my *** and handcuffs me. i get in a fighting position and scav makes a joke like "you never taught me the handcuff stance" then the fisherman shoots him with a shotgun into the water and i get away LOL

virg was the homie. yeah i was gonna betray him but its okay cuz he was going to win first
You were the chosen one! You were supposed to bring balance to Gotham, not destroy its corrupt, egotistical puppeteer!

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
tmw_redcell tmw_redcell did you ever have info on me/lau in wotk? i wish i got to interact with you but i was caught up with other stuff ingame
I don't think I knew much other than that you were working with Lau to some degree, who I also never really interacted with. Though Lau was one of the people to get a riddle right while I did the whole city vs. Black Mask! But I was never really onto your trail, though I did look into it. For a while I had about half of the PIs in Gotham working in teams for me, though they didn't know it. But I think if I ever found you it would have been later in the game when I had spy drones that would send to where **** was going down, then I'd follow people and capture them when they were in transit from doing **** to the safety of whatever their secret hideout was.

I think the closest I physically came to you was that time when you were in that city park. I might be remembering this wrong but I think it was the first time you got successfully arrested. You pulled up in your car by some guy and asked him if he had seen Robin yet, then he said no, then you said "thanks" and shot him and drove away haha. I was a few blocks away at the time because I think Robin had announced he was going to be there or something, and I wanted to see who would show up so I could try to capture them. But **** went down too fast for me to do anything reliably, so I didn't. If you and Robin got into a protracted fight without masses of police basically already there I might have shown up. But I was too far away to even see what was happening.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
SONOFA

Just to let you in on how clueless I was with stuff like this, EE later told me that everyone had been going around leveling up their characters. Getting better tech, weapons, skills, etc. I did 0 of that. Mainly, because I didn't know I could.

So I was getting in fights with people like way higher leveled than me. No wonder I died so quick.

My only claim to fame in that game was when I got caught by batman (whom I knew was bruce wayne, even if he didn't know I knew) and Batman left me tied up by the police station.

He was about to walk away and I was going to pass out when I just told him :

"see you around, Bruce."

Forcing Scav (or was it Marc?) to now NOT leave me there.

I was so proud of that, yet it ultimately was for nought.

That game got so intense.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Pythag Pythag

not true actually. You were the guy who did like 85% of the work in finding Black Mask. Your detective work was so well-executed, in fact, that the Riddler's plan to find Black Mask (whom he'd decided to target) was basically to establish a fake crimefighter, then find you, then team up with you to piggyback on whatever you'd already managed to find out. Logically if you were able to accomplish as much as you did off the books, police or other bad guys could have done the same, but you were just on that ****.

Also if you'd looked into armor piercing rounds/weapons for example you'd have been a deadly deadly... deadly... deadly force to be reckoned with. You shot the Joker in the head like 80 times during your fight but he had that goofy ass helmet on.

You also fought Batman, which was cool. You made him fail to capture you with his Batmobile weapons via awesome dodges, then he ejected into the air and you took the fight to the bridge's scaffolding beneath. And then he came at you and you shot him in the head as well, intentionally doing a glancing blow thing. I rolled a 1-100 to see if Batman ended up waking up in midair or underwater in freaking November. Only 85-100 would let him wake up not-underwater. He rolled like an 88 or some ****.

although working with him led to some interesting things

also you dug up a major major major major lead regarding corruption in Gotham City. You found out how the italian mafia get their guns (corrupt military officer at the nearby base), and by extension, the Joker and his gang. Your fight with Joker also forced him to call in his entire gang who basically had to fight the damn U.S. military so he could escape while they were killed or captured. That became a whole dramatic thing on its own that honestly, harder work from the good guys could have exploited to bust Salvatore Maroni and probably the Joker.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Pythag Pythag

Hey you don't have only one claim to fame. Remember when we were in an apartment building with me as the Ruffian and we were sneaking out of Sancho's apartment, and we were leaving on a fire escape and then we both made the action to jump on him to kinda forcefully but not that harmfully subdue him, but since we both made the action at the exact same time he had like 500 pounds of dude slam down on him and he as probably in a coma for the rest of the game and then a wheelchair for years? That was hilarious and badass.

Also you have no idea how funny I thought it was when you and I spent like irl weeks tracking own Black Mask, so you could kill him and I could capture him, and then when I finally caught him he sent some texts on his phone, including one to you, putting him in charge of his gang. It was too rich. Catwoman didn't find it as funny as I did. I guess you had to be there for the whole thing.

Also EE's assessment of my plan to capture BM is 100% correct I started with no leads, saw the new article about you interrogating someone about Black Mask, figured it would be easier to come across you than someone else, but knew you wouldn't likely trust The Riddler since my motivations to not outright kill him, which is what I was assuming you wanted to do, would have been obvious. That plan was probably the most convoluted thing I have done in any game.

Also literally the entire reason I went after Black Mask was because he took over all the broadcasting channels in the city and I wanted to be the first guy to do that.

Last edited:

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
tmw_redcell tmw_redcell Evil Eye Evil Eye Evidently there's a lot I forgot about.

But the point does stand that I didn't realize I could've even looked into new weapons, or the armor piercing bullets.
I just remember after dying getting the low down on how there were armies, the copters, the death gas, and I had two pistols.
And being like "oh."

oh yeah! And the dynamic duo of Hush and The Ruffian! (Poor Sancho).
I definitely missed the irony of BM putting me in charge of his gang. Which, of course, is not what I wanted at all.
I remember being so freaking suspicious of you, primarily because I'm pretty sure you would come and go as you pleased, and I had no idea how you were finding me. Though I think I brought you to my lair? idk.

Dang it! I've just forgotten so much of this game!

I can't even recall what my win condition was exactly. I think it was I had to take down Batman in the most public way possible. BM was all over the TV's so I needed to have that angle so to speak. He was being way too noisy for me to have any showtime. I didn't really have any specific beef with anyone else though. I was just curious, and low and behold found myself in the thick of it.

I WON'T forget, however, how cool it was having different screen names, and when we'd interact, you'd go into a new room. Gosh that was such a neat touch.

Is AIM even still around? How would a game like this be accomplished now?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
oh man

the hype behind "frozenfarce has invited you to [name suggesting a dialog or fight]!" was unreal ESPECIALLY when you werent expecting it

"aw sheyit. ****s about to go down"

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I loved WotK so much and I was missing all the fun stuff... I was just painting pictures and being WAY too cautious. no one was ever going to come accross me and even if they did AND they got through all the traps and stuff I set. what would they care about a warehouse full of paint and a half painted mural.

...maybe next time.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
tmw_redcell tmw_redcell Evil Eye Evil Eye Evidently there's a lot I forgot about.

oh yeah! And the dynamic duo of Hush and The Ruffian! (Poor Sancho).
I definitely missed the irony of BM putting me in charge of his gang. Which, of course, is not what I wanted at all.
I remember being so freaking suspicious of you, primarily because I'm pretty sure you would come and go as you pleased, and I had no idea how you were finding me. Though I think I brought you to my lair? idk.

Dang it! I've just forgotten so much of this game!

I can't even recall what my win condition was exactly. I think it was I had to take down Batman in the most public way possible. BM was all over the TV's so I needed to have that angle so to speak. He was being way too noisy for me to have any showtime. I didn't really have any specific beef with anyone else though. I was just curious, and low and behold found myself in the thick of it.

I WON'T forget, however, how cool it was having different screen names, and when we'd interact, you'd go into a new room. Gosh that was such a neat touch.

Is AIM even still around? How would a game like this be accomplished now?
I first found you by constantly waiting in the middle of the city, listening to the police frequency for anything that sounded like either something you would go to if you were also listening to the frequency, or something you were doing. When it wasn't you I would either dispatch vigilante justice (to gain me some cred as a character who has been doing some non-Riddler things in the past) or just leave.

After we caught Sancho we took him to some safehouse that was yours, I think. Then that was kinda where we would keep meeting.

AIM is still around. But I remember how unstable it was when we had bigger events, like the fundraiser in WOTK or a lot of times in other games with large groups who played together frequently. There is probably a better option now. There was probably a better option 5+ years ago too, but AIM is what everyone had or could easily set up, so we went with that.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Virgventures were some of the best times I had online. Virgfights too. I remember a real good one with Evil Eye Evil Eye where it came down to the fact we both had just fallen out of a building and I couldn't survive the gunfire of the surround police (or something).

Handorin

Smash Hero
10 years ago? Holy crap. I hardly remember anything specific about the games I was in. I think I was Kingpin in EE's first game and I went to Canada to hide out for awhile, but I got caught anyway and got killed.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
Ohhhh baby. I didn't think I'd be reliving all these memories of these DGames after all these years. I was pretty young back then, so I just did all the stupid things I could think of, which turned out to be a giant contributor in my demise in WOTK as Black Mask.

I remember I had a pretty big Word document of all the things I wanted to do, including faking my death and "resurrecting", trying to nail Batman with a suicide bomber who was posing as an assassin after Gordon, and making plans to forcibly take over the police station (where the fake death would have occurred).

One thing that I think went pretty unnoticed was that during the airwave hijacking incident, the control terminal for the broadcast was located in a hotel building that I absolutely stuffed full of explosives that would only trigger when there was motion inside (and a henchman with a trigger outside in case something went wrong). If you wanted to stop the broadcast, you're gonna have to have something get blown sky high. I was told that Gordon was almost killed, but he managed to survive.

Unfortunately, I was pretty inexperienced in adventure games and played it more like a single player game, and when I encountered opposing forces I didn't stand much of a chance.

I had a lot of fun playing those games (especially WOTK, since I was killed really early on in The Thing), so thanks to the people who ran them and the people who played it with me!

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
When I was going to run Justice League one of the few scenarios I got to see through was the first meeting of Batman and Superman. Scav wanted to reprise the role but had been promoted and didnt have time anymore. Superman was played by Tom, possibly the only person that would consistently role play to a point that he endangers himself.

This was going to be the big twist. Justice League was gonna be a sequel to WotK set in the same universe, carrying on with the same story years later with an emotionally broken Batman (who had killed dozens of innocent people in his final battle with Mr Freeze, a turn of events fittingly initiated by the Joker). In many ways it was going to he an even grander take on the same idea, a battle of the soul, but for the world this time instead of one city. Notably, Macman would have eventually reprised his role as Mr Freeze, and Eor was going to reprise the Joker. Having already broken Batman, he was going to set his sights on the Man of Steel, and treat Batman like a bitter exboyfriend he dumped for someone younger and hotter lol

Events would happen as villains (NPC and human alike) would do something meant to further their plan of significant scale and the League would be alerted. A session would be played out so long as we could get 1. One juggernaut tier hero (Supes, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc) and 2. Two+ street level heroes (as many as were online could join in). This was my workaround for the fact that we were all going on to grad school, or careers, and had less time.

So the first session ever was Superman flying around Metropolis, and he stopped an enormous meteor from hitting the city, steering it into the ocean. From the destroyed meteor emerged.... Doomsday. Superman tried to talk to it, never having seen it before. Doomsday immediately and violently began to beat on him.

At this time, Batman arrived in the batpredator (copyright for that cool name for a jet to @Scav). As Superman was getting wailed on he shot Doomsday with machine gun fire. No effect but it got pissed off enough to let superman break free and get his bearings. Doomsday tried to jump on the jet, Batman deked. Superman hits Doomsday. Batman then swoops over the fight and drops a powerful safe like vault onto doomsday, who immediately begins to try to break out. Superman immediately saw what Batman was going for and grabbed the vault, flying into space as fast as he could while every punch from Doomsday destroyed another section of the vault. Just as they reach the atmosphere doomsday is nearly free. Unexpectedly to,Superman, the Batpred engaged its extra-earth thrusters and followed them into the stratosphere -- short term space flight and reentry being something I had talked about with the new Batman (who else; redcell of course)

This **** was tense you guys. Doomsday had broken the vault open just as they hit the stratosphere but supes was smart enough to spin with the vault to throw his balance. He released it just as doomsday got free and jumped out at him -- and he got hit by a missile from the batpred

This did virtually nothing..... Except because they were in the vacuum of space, the explosion launched doomsday away from the earth with virtually infinite inertia.

It was honestly scary how perfectly in synch Tom and Redcell were not only with each other but with their characters, and how they would play off each other meeting for the first time

They had a bro down after the doomsday fight on the moon by the lunar lander and the flag. Superman xrayed batman out of curiosity and learned his name, then felt bad about it.

So he extended his hand and said "I'm Clark Kent." to even it out

That should have been the start of the coolest best AGame ever but wasn't OH WELL

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
swag

@virg lol. we tried one last year and it died. good news is ees adapting it into a comic

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
When I was going to run Justice League one of the few scenarios I got to see through was the first meeting of Batman and Superman. Scav wanted to reprise the role but had been promoted and didnt have time anymore. Superman was played by Tom, possibly the only person that would consistently role play to a point that he endangers himself.

This was going to be the big twist. Justice League was gonna be a sequel to WotK set in the same universe, carrying on with the same story years later with an emotionally broken Batman (who had killed dozens of innocent people in his final battle with Mr Freeze, a turn of events fittingly initiated by the Joker). In many ways it was going to he an even grander take on the same idea, a battle of the soul, but for the world this time instead of one city. Notably, Macman would have eventually reprised his role as Mr Freeze, and Eor was going to reprise the Joker. Having already broken Batman, he was going to set his sights on the Man of Steel, and treat Batman like a bitter exboyfriend he dumped for someone younger and hotter lol

Events would happen as villains (NPC and human alike) would do something meant to further their plan of significant scale and the League would be alerted. A session would be played out so long as we could get 1. One juggernaut tier hero (Supes, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc) and 2. Two+ street level heroes (as many as were online could join in). This was my workaround for the fact that we were all going on to grad school, or careers, and had less time.

So the first session ever was Superman flying around Metropolis, and he stopped an enormous meteor from hitting the city, steering it into the ocean. From the destroyed meteor emerged.... Doomsday. Superman tried to talk to it, never having seen it before. Doomsday immediately and violently began to beat on him.

At this time, Batman arrived in the batpredator (copyright for that cool name for a jet to @Scav). As Superman was getting wailed on he shot Doomsday with machine gun fire. No effect but it got pissed off enough to let superman break free and get his bearings. Doomsday tried to jump on the jet, Batman deked. Superman hits Doomsday. Batman then swoops over the fight and drops a powerful safe like vault onto doomsday, who immediately begins to try to break out. Superman immediately saw what Batman was going for and grabbed the vault, flying into space as fast as he could while every punch from Doomsday destroyed another section of the vault. Just as they reach the atmosphere doomsday is nearly free. Unexpectedly to,Superman, the Batpred engaged its extra-earth thrusters and followed them into the stratosphere -- short term space flight and reentry being something I had talked about with the new Batman (who else; redcell of course)

This **** was tense you guys. Doomsday had broken the vault open just as they hit the stratosphere but supes was smart enough to spin with the vault to throw his balance. He released it just as doomsday got free and jumped out at him -- and he got hit by a missile from the batpred

This did virtually nothing..... Except because they were in the vacuum of space, the explosion launched doomsday away from the earth with virtually infinite inertia.

It was honestly scary how perfectly in synch Tom and Redcell were not only with each other but with their characters, and how they would play off each other meeting for the first time

They had a bro down after the doomsday fight on the moon by the lunar lander and the flag. Superman xrayed batman out of curiosity and learned his name, then felt bad about it.

So he extended his hand and said "I'm Clark Kent." to even it out

That should have been the start of the coolest best AGame ever but wasn't OH WELL
Heh I remember loving it so much that I was able to fly the Batpredator into space to follow them. Then we just kerblammo'd Doomsday into deep space and were like "uhhhhh should we go after him?" "he's already gone." "well then... good?" I was assuming he would come back at some point but we would be prepared to subdue him properly.

That was a really fun session.

I play D&D now but still miss the complete freedom these games have.

Top Bottom