• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Temple of Time~The Zelda Tournament and Video Archive~Vids Critiqued Here!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Luck of the draw. You'll do better next time! :)

Of course your placing is already really good, lol.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
well done to all!

anyone got any tips/vids on lucario and kirby by any chance??? mainly lucario. having troubles :glare:

very good stuff Riot and Ed!!

too many snakes, must've been a nightmare x_x

finally after months I got a pair of replays uploaded...

they were the only 2 matches I could play with Waymas...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJGKD_zLKK8&feature=feedu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaUJj5XVXPk&feature=feedu

any feedback/critique is welcome
i forgot this post! wario is really tough! i think you did panic usmashes every now and then that got you punished. i don't really know what to do against him either when he's all over the place like that =/ my strat is camp with bairs/nairs and some fsmashes... and hope for the best :awesome: 1st match i think you got more patient as the game went on and had better spacing too and it paid off. same for second game. what's the music for the 2nd match btw??

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Nice stuff Alan. Did good work against that guy.

I honestly have more to say about that Wario than your Zelda. Your Zelda is pretty solid. Maybe you're doing more Love Jumps that I personally would recommend? Do your best not to leak out Zelda's weaknesses too quickly. It seems like he's inexperienced with the matchup.

Lucario is very hard. Really just be prepared to deal with his Fsmash's crazy range and aerials especially dair. Dtilt can clank with Aura Sphere when it's not fully charged.

Kirby just play the role of a scared Zelda and run away. Use gfto moves and you'll be fine.

Got a lot of stuff saved, but mostly of my Peach that I'm trying to develop. Got a Zelda vs. Snake/D3 that I'll hopefully have uploaded one day.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
well done to all!

anyone got any tips/vids on lucario and kirby by any chance??? mainly lucario. having troubles :glare:
I play Duke quite often so I can give some tips. I don't think I have any vids though.

The main way to play this matchup is to get the kill quick. Once Lucario gets past 100% he can out range you with pretty much anything. Before that though it's a much better matchup. Still not in Zelda's favor but... better.

Just get him to like 80ish and then hit him with a LK. If he get's past 100 start thinking more carefully since now he outspaces you by a lot and can kill you twice as easy.

Always go for gimps when you can, it won't happen often but never let the opportunity slip by especially since it's not too dangerous for you to try since his upb is poop.

Once a match you can Nayru's. Don't use it often though.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
very good stuff Riot and Ed!!

too many snakes, must've been a nightmare x_x

finally after months I got a pair of replays uploaded...

they were the only 2 matches I could play with Waymas...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJGKD_zLKK8&feature=feedu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaUJj5XVXPk&feature=feedu

any feedback/critique is welcome
nice vids :D
well done to all!

if the lucario your fighting doesn't intercept w/ Fair alot.....another thing you can do, if your feeling daring and need to get in, you can play outside his Fsmash range baiting it. then when he does it jump over it w/ Nair and fall on him......
granted i've only successfully done this 3x, but it is somewhat satisfying to achieve lol

other than that everyone has said everything else i could say.
ooo im adding this music to my library

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
@ Ed: Late reply but congrats Ed! Keep wrecking with your Zelda and Sheik : D

@ Alan: Wow, nice matches against Waymas, Alan! Especially loved your DI and usage of Love Jump/Grab Releases. I find Wario easiest to grab after a jab follow up or down tilt follow up. Oh and the song on your video is another version of this song on one of my vids hehe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uFlpC4sBUk

@ Kat: We have an awesome Lucario here in our region named Trela. Seriously, I have never seen anyone **** so hard with Lucario. I still need to friendly 1v1 him, only played him in dubs. I may do that for Hobo 34, we'll see. I don't have any matches vs Lucario saved but I have one vs Wario not too long ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a291AvPIKPM

The Kirby MU is actually incredibly annoying for Zelda. I played Falln's Kirby at LSC couple of weeks ago and had such a hard time against his back air spacing. If only our Upsmash consistently could beat it...

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
I remember that match against wario, still loving that first kill o.o

and yeah, it's another of like a million versions of that song xD

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Oh wow, i didn't realize my Wario vid was like several months old. I thought it was more recent lol. And yeah I think that first kill was one of the reasons I uploaded it xD Will be putting that clip in a combo video, if I ever make one someday. If I do, expect a lot of fancy love jump + follow-up shaninigans!

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
yay Mocha combo video!

do it, I wanna se all those things in action!!

I am/was (?) selecting the clips for mine but I don't know how I'm going to do it without a recorder and my friend will take forever to record anything... like those vs Waymas matches, they are from September >_>

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
yay Mocha combo video!

do it, I wanna se all those things in action!!

I am/was (?) selecting the clips for mine but I don't know how I'm going to do it without a recorder and my friend will take forever to record anything... like those vs Waymas matches, they are from September >_>
I might xD I have some interesting clips that I need to take from a couple of replays, when I have the time and desire to do so. Thing is, I'm so picky about what I think looks interesting. That tends to happen when you get so used to your character and nothing seems new anymore. Heck, even up b cancels get old after awhile, and I remember how awesome and flashy they were and when they came out in combo videos, it was like o.o

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Isn't waymas a pokeman?

That sounds like a pokeman

:phone:
Waymas is in my opinion the best player in mexico and more than likely the best Wario not named Hunger. If you don't know about him yet hopefully by Apex you'll know who he is. You don't want him in your bracket either.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
This will probably look eerily similar. Great stuff Riot!

We Be Smashin #2, Port Charlotte, FL, 12/3/2011
5th out of 21 singles
2nd out of 7 doubles. Teamed with Trump :fox:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=315104

Lost to Gallax :marth:
I beat his MK in game 1 and honestly got off to such slow starts in the following games. Couldn't make it up. I learned a lot from this loss.

Lost to LBoss :luigi:
I beat him earlier in the tourney and again won game 1 in this set but he figured me out...Luigi is so damn scary.

Also....surprising fact, I went 100% Zelda this tourney. I didn't even realize that I didn't use Sheik lol. Didn't really know how to feel about that.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yay nice stuff. From our standpoint, 100% Zelda is a good thing!

Zelda vs. Marth is miserable and frightening. Zelda vs Luigi... those Up Bs shouldn't be landing but they somehow do!

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Welp, I recorded everything except my set against Gallax since it was on my Wii and mine is unhacked. The set made me realize that my Zelda is really fat. She has Snake stocks......serious. Games 2 and 3 my final stock went to 200+%. Now if I can only start quicker against smart dancing blades spam Marth.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
Riot and Ed too good!! Very good stuff!

Must get that good!!!

I have only lived 240ish against yoshi. That's my record lol

Rizen

Smash Legend
Riot and Ed too good!! Very good stuff!
^
The set made me realize that my Zelda is really fat.
No, she's big-boned;).

This was vs someone who doesn't use Link primarily so it's nothing great but I did use a lot of the tactics people have been telling me to do. If people will give me pointers to refine my style I'd appreciate it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DnoZxe8C7o

Edit
Ugh, I forgot how much lag there was :c. I'll try to get better ones soon.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
well I think the only thing I can say is to remember to momentum cancel with Bair, when he killed you with Dair you made a very good DI, but I think you could've lived if you did a Bair instead of a Dair.

that part when you made a Dthrow and the boomerang came seemed very smart as it may have lead to a cool follow up xD

every thing else lookedgood to me, seems like you've been working hard and you've really gotten better! gj

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Really nice game!

Fsmash seems like a legit baiting option...

I noticed you don't use Nair a lot... is that your playstyle or is it not that great against Diddy?

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I tend to shy away from nair against smaller characters. They tend to just hit Zelda out of it since they have a smaller hurtbox to work with. Also VS Diddy I tend to get hit more often after catching a banana with nair rather than when I use fair or bair. I like nair most for platform pressure.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah I noticed that too. I just assumed he was scared of Riot's banana techs or something though...

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
>A diddy that hardly uses banana's

What is this I don't even...
why aren't you lamenting riot's use of DF and screaming on him about how horrible the move is?

@Riot Good **** man I really wish you wouldn't throw the nana at diddy though. Also I think if you chilled a lil bit when the diddy was on the ledge in game 2 you would of had a better chance to land an attack on him. Ah man that kill at the end of game 2 was pretty sweet man.

Rizen

Smash Legend

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
Yeah, a banana-less diddy is just plain weird and not that fun(I like to do stupid things with the bananas to him lol)

Ed's reads to Uair were so scary, I wished I could do that x_x

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Here's vs Fox:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsUf5QU65a8&feature=g-upl

I keep thinking Nayru's is effective from above. It works well if you catch the opponent from the side at the right time.
In the case of Fox and Utilt juggling on wifi its an ok "get off me" move.

really nice job on Fox just watch running at the edge when he's holding it. I'm mad jelly you Fair'd his side B, i've never done that.

i'll probably be watching a bunch of vids as i still need to see Ed and Riots lol, but good job you guys

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
lol why is that whenever something funny like this happens, X is somehow around?

Oh and great videos, Riot and Ed. You both seem to be more comfy with the Diddy Mu than I am. I have to deal with Gnes and this other guy recently, Fliphop's who's playstyle was different than Gnes's and threw me off lol

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Since we were just on the topic of how DM is irrelevant in the MU chart thread I might as well add:
Am I the only one who HATES the layout of the tournament results thread?
Not to mention DM comes to update it like...once a year(and when he did last update he left out results....)

Can we wipe this one out and make a new one?

Edit:
Also Ed pretty sure you KNEW DM was very inactive and that the people on the Zelda panel don't even use her...
You didn't bother to maybe tell the BR that he needed to be replaced?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Can we wipe this one out and make a new one?
As much as I'd like this, I don't think there's any point to this. Here's why

-lack of activity
-lack of accountability (i.e. people don't update their own threads)
-certain people that tend to derail the topic at hand and cause controversy with his/her delusional opinions.

Top Bottom