• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Temple of Time~The Zelda Tournament and Video Archive~Vids Critiqued Here!

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Alright guys so I finally finished uploading all my Halloween friendlies. Reason I call them that is because I specifically wanted a Halloween theme for the fun of it. I went through and got a couple of character/stage/music stuff (the lolzy music you'll see).

I had a few friendlies with DarkMusician and NinjaLink a couple of days ago. I was grateful for it too because we all hate wifi, yet they did this for me to critique and help me on the things I need to improve on. I also got DM's permission to put up our uploads. I'm sure you will all see some obvious wifi moments in these matches, however at the same time, the general idea of how we played is there.

I did not upload these matches to prove anything, or that I'm better than two of the most inspirational players to me. As I said, I put them up for critique and improvements I have made since I first started to play Brawl competitively. Even though I still have a lot to work on, I have come a long way, and I want to keep getting better. Seriously if anyone bothered to look back at my 09 Zelda and how she is now, it's shockingly different.

So without further ado, here are my matches. Critique and compliments are welcome! : D

---

Mocha (Zelda) vs DarkMusician (Zelda) 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw3dqy2noHk
Mocha (Zelda) vs DarkMusician (Zelda) 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG0TK-lFo4M
Mocha (Zelda) vs DarkMusician (Snake) 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BajRBWq3faQ
Mocha (Zelda) vs DarkMusician (Snake) 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xycH85EkOe8
Mocha (Zelda) vs Uber (King DeDeDe): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z5vT9s6Eo8
Mocha (Zelda) vs DarkMusician (Bowser) 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9RIsKa2p7s
Mocha (Zelda) vs DarkMusician (Bowser) 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWL5o_oAsPc
Mocha (Zelda) vs DarkMusician (Bowser) 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8l-kWBzFV8
Mocha (Zelda) vs DarkMusician (Ike): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsI3jHwbi34
Mocha (Zelda) vs DarkMusician (Marth): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs0h9v5zZVk
Mocha (Zelda) vs DarkMusician (King Dedede): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBHBXWi-5vc
Mocha (Zelda) vs DarkMusician (Falco): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uFlpC4sBUk

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
wowsers mocha i think you've come far in your playstyle from 09. your patience rewards you imo. i don't know if others see it too but i really get a sense of you thinking in your matches. Whenever you stand still i think 'omg what is she planning next?' i like how midmatch you try all sorts to figure out the solutions to your problems. keep going.

can zelda nair through DDD's shield somewhat safely? you avoided his bair punish and punished that with usmash. it looked well spaced. i wonder if this applies to other characters?

snake is a horrid horrid matchup imo

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Mocha your Zelda is looking really good like Fuujin pointed out though I don't approve of your fair and bair usage at all. Then I also would like to see some better punishes and you gotta take advantage a little more when someone is on a platform above you (you did land an uair and LK) but I'd like to see more nairs against d3. Oh and I'm not thrilled about those fully charged fsmashes you were doing. It's weird to see DM not di like 85% of Zelda's moves though. I could watch your Zelda all day Mocha keep it up.

I know! xD

I saw these two.

For one thing, that Diddy sucks ***. Don't practice against him ever again.
This Marth isn't that good either but better, so I'll do that one.

You have a lot of work to do but you're not bad. Play faster and read your opponent. Play mindgames. If you want real practice other than these buffoons,
I can't believe I didn't see this sooner however, can you please not trash the guys he's playing against like that. The level of his opponent is low but we all start somewhere. No one is going to get better with an attitude like this and it may just discourage him from posting vids. He could be playing some of his friends and things like that isn't cool man everyone isn't trying to become a pro at this game so can you please not make such remarks.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
wowsers mocha i think you've come far in your playstyle from 09. your patience rewards you imo. i don't know if others see it too but i really get a sense of you thinking in your matches. Whenever you stand still i think 'omg what is she planning next?' i like how midmatch you try all sorts to figure out the solutions to your problems. keep going.

can zelda nair through DDD's shield somewhat safely? you avoided his bair punish and punished that with usmash. it looked well spaced. i wonder if this applies to other characters?

snake is a horrid horrid matchup imo
Thanks Kat, yeah it's actually kind of funny how I've gone from this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAvSSpO6Lc8 (I don't know what's up with the shaky screen it wasn't like this 2 years ago lol)

to... those recent vids I posted. I'm actually thinking about writing a blog/article where people can post one video each year they've played in so that they can see how much they've improved over time.

And yeah I'm always trying new things! xD Especially when I'm unsure of a MU or what to do, I test around with different approaches and baits and try to see what works and doesn't.

D3 can usually shield grab Zelda's nair approaches, which is annoying. I have been trying to work on nair cancels that avoid grabs but the best I could do so far was a nair cancel to spot dodge lol. And his back air almost always beats my upsmash, though I'll check out what you mentioned about my nair cancel to upsmash. Was this in the match vs DM or Uber's D3? I'll take a peek...

I hate Snake's f-tilt. That's all. His up tilt doesn't even bother me that much. Also I'm terrible at SDI. I can't seem to SDI his nair when I want it to work, and when I do SDI, it's by accident <.<

Mocha your Zelda is looking really good like Fuujin pointed out though I don't approve of your fair and bair usage at all. Then I also would like to see some better punishes and you gotta take advantage a little more when someone is on a platform above you (you did land an uair and LK) but I'd like to see more nairs against d3. Oh and I'm not thrilled about those fully charged fsmashes you were doing. It's weird to see DM not di like 85% of Zelda's moves though. I could watch your Zelda all day Mocha keep it up.
Appreciate the comments and critique, Al. Mhm, the reason I use Bair and Fair a lot (or rather I have been using them more lately) because I've been trying to test my spacing with them by getting the aerial canceling down. Been trying to apply this to my Nair canceling too, but I figured I might as well work on her other aerials too. I've been toying around with different options of the usage of Bair and Fair cancel; to space, to approach, and hopefully have a fairly fast paced aerial game, even though Zeldas are encouraged to be ground-based. I want to try everything I can and see what works and what doesn't.

You're right, I could do more punishes when my opponent is on a platform above me, def need to work on that. Also, you and Kat seem keen on using more Nair against D3. I'm always worried his Bair will get through any aerial I have, but I will look into this next time I play Uber's D3 again, or any other D3s in general.

As for my charged f-smashes, I didn't like them either lol. I was hoping to bait with it at times, which did work once in awhile, but eh, it's w/e. I was also hoping to 'back off' D3's grab approach, though I was also worried he would do that shield grab DI thing where he can buffer a grab after shielding my f-smash. My use of charged smashes is a half mind game, half spacing tool. I'm not very comfy with it but I do like using something other than the c-stick all the time. I did use f-smash a bit too much for my taste in general though :/

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Appreciate the comments and critique, Al. Mhm, the reason I use Bair and Fair a lot (or rather I have been using them more lately) because I've been trying to test my spacing with them by getting the aerial canceling down. Been trying to apply this to my Nair canceling too, but I figured I might as well work on her other aerials too. I've been toying around with different options of the usage of Bair and Fair cancel; to space, to approach, and hopefully have a fairly fast paced aerial game, even though Zeldas are encouraged to be ground-based. I want to try everything I can and see what works and what doesn't.
I think if you want to maintain proper spacing with Zelda you're going to have to be able to eyeball things properly without throwing out moves. If you're doing things like that against a character without disjointed hitboxes then it's not a big deal. But when you're throwing that out against characters like d3 and Marth who has really good aerials it's gonna get bad for you.

You're right, I could do more punishes when my opponent is on a platform above me, def need to work on that. Also, you and Kat seem keen on using more Nair against D3. I'm always worried his Bair will get through any aerial I have, but I will look into this next time I play Uber's D3 again, or any other D3s in general.
Well I just happen to think nair is an extremely good move of Zelda's that showed be used more.

As for my charged f-smashes, I didn't like them either lol. I was hoping to bait with it at times, which did work once in awhile, but eh, it's w/e. I was also hoping to 'back off' D3's grab approach, though I was also worried he would do that shield grab DI thing where he can buffer a grab after shielding my f-smash. My use of charged smashes is a half mind game, half spacing tool. I'm not very comfy with it but I do like using something other than the c-stick all the time. I did use f-smash a bit too much for my taste in general though :/
I don't think you should worry about the shield DI thing until your opponent shows that they can do it. Once they show you that make them show that they can do it consistently and then adjust to what they're doing. Never give your opponent leeway because you think they may do something. Let them show you that they can do it and if they can or can't then you move on from there.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
There's nothing to really say, Mocha. You have a terrific Zelda! As AL said you don't punish a lot vertically. I also loved your Nairs.

You also need to remember that almost everyone will avoid Din's Fire by sidestepping or whatever. You don't seem to punish this a whole lot.

OK, with Dedede; I've fought a lot of them in my time, both godlike and terrible. I know that you know that Dedede is not a hard matchup. It's a matter of expectation, not prediction, which is why Dedede is not a hard MU. Dedede will use Bairs when he gets the chance, and usually when you're in the air. Your best option is to space in this MU. At high percents he will try to land an Utilt, which you must avoid at all costs. Then of course a Ftilt is another frequent move. If you're somewhat far away from him then you can expect a ftilt. Remember to space space space. When in doubt, use Din's. Dedede will sidestep it (most likely because it's broken) or get hit, faulting a Ftilt. Dthrow follow-ups are effective against D3 because of his fast-fall speed and weight. Unlike most characters, D3 usually doesn't have enough time to get out of the range of Usmash if done properly. Keep this in mind next time. Not many Dededes use mixups (as if Uair/Dair/Nair and Usmash don't exist).

I can't believe I didn't see this sooner however, can you please not trash the guys he's playing against like that. The level of his opponent is low but we all start somewhere. No one is going to get better with an attitude like this and it may just discourage him from posting vids. He could be playing some of his friends and things like that isn't cool man everyone isn't trying to become a pro at this game so can you please not make such remarks.
Oh boo. Tough. He should not degrade himself and his playstyle by playing against bad opponents, even if they are of a lower skill level.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Oh boo. Tough. He should not degrade himself and his playstyle by playing against bad opponents, even if they are of a lower skill level.
It's not "degrading" to play lower skilled people sometimes, it is a game after all. Some matches are just for fun. I didn't post the Diddy one for critiques anyway.

Besides, playing people like Mocha, Linkz and Ven has really helped me improve because they took the time to work with my scrub Zelda.

I applaud good people who play games with lower skilled players (or low tiers:glare:) and people who take the time to critique bad players- like the experienced people on this thread do;).

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
RizenZelda vs jmo brawler (Peach)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKOvW6R1_gw

PS
(Recovering with Din's wasn't intentional and the lag/buffering wrecked that last UpB angle)
I think you made a little improvement in this video compared to your last ones, Rizen, bad opponent or not. Granted, I think what MechaWave was trying to say was that it's sometimes tricky to give critique regarding opponents who don't know the MU vs Zelda too well, or opponents who need a bit more work in general. Well, that's why we learn, right? Then it's a question too, of your reason for playing this game. Is it just for fun, or because you want to try different characters for the heck of it and reach a decent level with them? Or do you want to play competitively and actually learn as many technical and mindgame aspects of the game as you can? Course, you can also have fun and play competitively too haha, though sadly, some people don't feel this way.

Anywhos, back to critique! As I was saying, you made a little improvement in this video because you weren't always rushing in, and you did try to mix it up a little bit - though toward the end I think your patience was going away (happens to me too lol).

Would still be nice to see more usage of tilts, especially down tilt, which is a staple for Zelda. Also, up tilt is a nice alternate move to use for KO if your upsmash is stale, and I find myself hitting Peach with up tilt a surprising number of times. By the way if she's floating near you, you can jab or upsmash her approaches. Be careful with her canceling though, especially her forward air. Also be wary of getting caught up under her down air, as she can rack up damage fast and it's hard to shield everything <.<

With her veggies/turnips, I recommend shielding more (if you can powershield even better but I know it's hard to do in lag). If your shield is low and she's near you, walk/run away. You can also try catching her items with air dodge/zair or an aerial (I find nair and fair easier to use for this).

Oh and with Zelda's up air, next time you play Peach, or just anyone in general, try this. When someone is about to land on the stage, instead of immediately up airing them, try just jumping toward them. Wait for their air dodge. Then follow up with your up air (or upsmash if you're too close to the ground). Something good to practice less laggy up airs is to go on training mode and see if you can do more than one up air before you land. Zeldamaster posted some vids awhile back of Zelda's aerials being almost lagless if you time it right. If you need help with this, we can practice it sometime, I'm still playing around with her aerials myself.

Keep working on your Zelda, Rizen. If you're really dedicated to learn and improve, then you will get better. I started where you are two years ago. All the help I got, especially people I looked up to that I always thought were amazing players - just having them take their time to help the noob I was back then made me respect them all the more, and work even harder to improve.

I want to help Zeldas in any way I can (I don't mind helping with other characters either but I'm not as knowledgeable about them). Whether it's someone learning to pick up Zelda, or is a pro Zelda already, I'll always be happy to help and give advice. Still learning a lot myself though =P I may not always have the time to be around all the time because I'm a full time student and part time worker, but I'll do what I can.

I think if you want to maintain proper spacing with Zelda you're going to have to be able to eyeball things properly without throwing out moves. If you're doing things like that against a character without disjointed hitboxes then it's not a big deal. But when you're throwing that out against characters like d3 and Marth who has really good aerials it's gonna get bad for you.
Yeah I see what you mean. I've actually found that doing a retreating f-air cancel into f-smash against Marth isn't too bad for spacing against his own f-air approaches. With Zelda vs Marth in particular, it is strictly a spacing game and aerial pressure. Marth ***** in the air, but Zelda has some tools too, if used correctly. Which is why...

Well I just happen to think nair is an extremely good move of Zelda's that showed be used more.
I LOVE Nair. Seriously, this move is amazing, definitely her best aerial when it comes to combo/set ups/frame traps, and the fact that it can be cancelled and always has a set knockback when used a certain way makes this move have even more potential.

I seriously think every Zelda main/pocket Zeldas and their grandmother should learn to use Nair properly, and learn how to frame trap with it. Can't tell you how many times a Nair cancel to sweet spot back air has gotten me ridiculously early kills with it. Or Nair cancel to down tilt for even more combo and set up options. Yeah Nair <3

I don't think you should worry about the shield DI thing until your opponent shows that they can do it. Once they show you that make them show that they can do it consistently and then adjust to what they're doing. Never give your opponent leeway because you think they may do something. Let them show you that they can do it and if they can or can't then you move on from there.
Yepyep. I played Uber's D3 again yesterday and he did it to me once but wasn't able to do it again after that. Random fact btw but D3 takes forever to get spiked on Delfino's water with Zelda. I must have spiked him like 8 times (6 of those being sweet spots lmao) before he finally went down.

There's nothing to really say, Mocha. You have a terrific Zelda! As AL said you don't punish a lot vertically. I also loved your Nairs.

You also need to remember that almost everyone will avoid Din's Fire by sidestepping or whatever. You don't seem to punish this a whole lot.

OK, with Dedede; I've fought a lot of them in my time, both godlike and terrible. I know that you know that Dedede is not a hard matchup. It's a matter of expectation, not prediction, which is why Dedede is not a hard MU. Dedede will use Bairs when he gets the chance, and usually when you're in the air. Your best option is to space in this MU. At high percents he will try to land an Utilt, which you must avoid at all costs. Then of course a Ftilt is another frequent move. If you're somewhat far away from him then you can expect a ftilt. Remember to space space space. When in doubt, use Din's. Dedede will sidestep it (most likely because it's broken) or get hit, faulting a Ftilt. Dthrow follow-ups are effective against D3 because of his fast-fall speed and weight. Unlike most characters, D3 usually doesn't have enough time to get out of the range of Usmash if done properly. Keep this in mind next time. Not many Dededes use mixups (as if Uair/Dair/Nair and Usmash don't exist).
Thank you! =o

Most people that I fight try to avoid Din's by either shielding or spot dodging. However if they spot dodge, I try to punish it and aim Din's as far behind them as I can so that there's a chance it will hit them after their spot dodge. Even on shield, aiming Din's behind them puts a lot of pressure on their shield. This helps in situations too with Snake holding a grenade or shielding behind his nade, since his shield has to deal with the explosion with both Din's and grenade.

Back to D3 though, I find Zelda's f-smash barely helpful when it comes to spacing against D3. His f-tilt has simply more range than our f-smash. You're right about D3's in general being predictable and not mixing it up lol.

Yeah, I found down throw follow-ups useful on D3 as well, especially under platforms, like the ones on BF. I was able to consistently follow up my down throw when I played Uber again yesterday with a buffered back air. Also, I mixed up with down throw to nair, which works great!

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
mocha did you see that video half split did with nair frame traps or whatever they're called? it's pretty neat. it always has a set trajectory - everyone just needs to learn when each trajectory will occur in order to chase more effectively. some things are guaranteed, other things get really close, like nair to uair on smaller characters (anyone tried this?). this is one of the instances where zelda can finally catch her opponent imo (if she lands it that is :grin: )

anyone got access to frame testing? I wanna see what the third hit of dash attack has on stun.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'm not really a wifi person... I lag so much and always SD, lol.

Unless you regularly play wifi, I'd assume most people suck a lot more on wifi than on a real life game.

I've tried using Sheik before and I can't even land a f-tilt because of the lag/whateveritis but I'm pretty certain I can land one in real life. :x

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
mocha did you see that video half split did with nair frame traps or whatever they're called? it's pretty neat. it always has a set trajectory - everyone just needs to learn when each trajectory will occur in order to chase more effectively. some things are guaranteed, other things get really close, like nair to uair on smaller characters (anyone tried this?). this is one of the instances where zelda can finally catch her opponent imo (if she lands it that is :grin: )

anyone got access to frame testing? I wanna see what the third hit of dash attack has on stun.
I don't think so, can you link me? All I remember seeing about nair cancels is that one video you made awhile back which shows different follow-ups you can use after a nair cancel, with Snake being our adoring guinea pig =P

I'm not really a wifi person... I lag so much and always SD, lol.

Unless you regularly play wifi, I'd assume most people suck a lot more on wifi than on a real life game.

I've tried using Sheik before and I can't even land a f-tilt because of the lag/whateveritis but I'm pretty certain I can land one in real life. :x
I don't like wifi. It's based too much on who can spam the fastest and most efficiently. Every once in awhile you'll run into a player who tries to play like offline. I mentioned this earlier but one of the few uses of wifi is for general MU experience. Yes I know people would be better off getting MU experience offline but some people don't have the means to go to tournies, or they're in an area that lacks them. Not to mention, it keeps me from getting rusty when I go for long periods of time without Brawl.

Sheik is very hard to use in lag. I was trying to pick up a pocket Sheik, but practicing her on wifi is a nightmare.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yepyep. I played Uber's D3 again yesterday and he did it to me once but wasn't able to do it again after that.
Is the timing pretty tight? I wonder if charging can throw off the timing. Charging and spacing... could someone maybe try that? Also is jab still safe? I think it might be. Also does this mean more kicks OoS if we issdi inwards? I want to get the timing for this down but I haven't figured out how to do it yet.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I'm not sure if he was even aware that he did it to be honest. I imagine the timing has to be pretty strict if only few players are able to do this. Though I do remember Ed mentioning that ESAM had it down to an art. I'd be open to testing stuff with any of you if any of you know how to shield DI. Hey it'd be nice to learn shield DI myself. I wonder what could moves Zelda could potentially overcome with shield DI as opposed to just shield grab.

---

Oh and my boyfriend featured me in his Snake combo video lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8Fzcc0p5BY

5:41 - 5:53: Me rolling around and air dodging into stuff like a noob. xD
5:57 - 6:00: The one time I get an up b cancel KO and actually save the replay, I had to be all fancy and cancel on a platform first. I swear, my Zelda is so weird

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
RizenZelda vs jmo brawler (Peach)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKOvW6R1_gw

PS
(Recovering with Din's wasn't intentional and the lag/buffering wrecked that last UpB angle)
lol you had that girl shielding everything, you should have mixed in a dashgrab here and there to throw her off.
Sheik in wifi is dreadful. Like uber bad!

:phone:
lol yes it is.
playing as Shiek in wifi is about as bad as Fox, if you can manage to get one down though it makes the other a tad easier lol

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Rizen. in your connection are you comfortable with shorthoping? in all of these matches you mostly only full hop from one point to the next unless you were running for a dash action. i think you should practice short hopping more. also work on your Nair approaches. you most used approach was dash attack and running usmash, mix in some Nair approaches too. the few times you used it it had a solid hit or so, but working in some Nair cancels can help you adda damage easier w/o needing to smash damage

on the subject of Dsmash, there was too much of it at times. lag extra added Dsmashes aside. it was usually your out of block action as well even in times when you could have opted to Dtilt instead. work in more dtilt.

you used fsmash to bait alot, mix it up w/ baiting w/ another move here and there like jab, because it recovers faster than it looks.

Lucas didn't camp you as much as i think he should have, overall nice job. especially on landing those kicks
you seemed uncomfortable on PS. you should learn to be comfy here if you arent. main bad things were you were nayruing and Dsmashing too much. you should be moving closer to falco rather than trying to reflect lasers. also if your ever next to your opponent and the stage is changing, upsmash them. sometimes the stage switch will cancel your upsmash before they can stop blocking and you can pull another off.
that ganon refused to die lol. pretty much the same few problems here, but you were moving around much more. lol at your little jab combo.
RizenZelda vs unknown5(Link)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XR2LvoqaQY

(These were my good matches vs these players, my bad ones were much worse)
in some cases link left himself open for a nice short hopp or dropped LK, but you full jumped it and he could block.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Lone Star Circuit #7 Championships
Singles

:zelda: Mocha: 100% Zelda

Lone Star Circuit, Austin, TX (11/12/11)
33 out of 78 singles
Tourney link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=314162

---

This tourney was awesome. I have never seen so many players in a tournament before! M2K, Havok, MikeHaze, Dabuz, Ultimate Razer, Gnes, Falln, Dojo, Tearbear, K Prime, Trela, Denti, Zori were some of the top players there, and many more.

I did okay overall, except for the obvious self destructs that cost me my matches. Sad thing too is that the person I lost to in loser's brackets, we got to our last stocks, even from me having SD'd lol. I really need to work on that. Like I said, I'm not sure if it's an input problem or just me being a little nervous.

My first opponent I beat was a Falco on game 1, then he went Link on game 2, which was a mistake for him. My second opponent was Tearbear, who SD'd once, and I SD'd once, but he had me, despite us getting to last stocks. He went Fox. My third opponent was a DK that I SD'd three times against (not all in one match lol but yeah). Did a ton of friendlies too, played Tree's Sheik, who was awesome, and Havok's Snake, and a whole bunch of other people

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Good stuff, Mocha. Perfectly understandable; look at all those top players! Reppin' the princess.

I should have asked my parents to drive me down to Austin for the tourney, but it probably wouldn't have worked out. Maybe next time if there'll ever be a big tourney in DFW.

I was disappointed in Illmatic's placing, Peach was having a really good winning streak. It's not bad, esp. considering all those top players, but still.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Thanks guys ^_^ I'm going to keep aiming to get a better placing though. My best placing so far has been 9th (though out of far less people than this tourney) and my overall placing is 33rd lol. Gotta keep working harder!

Yeah Illmatic doesn't seem to mind most MUs, but he doesn't like MK. Oh and sooo many Olimars in this xD

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
good stuffs mocha. in what way are you SDing?? is it generally due to awkward angles on teleport?

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
good stuffs mocha. in what way are you SDing?? is it generally due to awkward angles on teleport?
Thanks! It's not with teleport, and not even with awkward angles really (though occasionally on YI that can happen). I think I sometime try to input something too fast, usually on the ground or something aerial cancelled into the ground - but then I somehow end up off stage using an aerial or an air dodge when I mean to use a ground attack. I can't really explain, it's weird. I have never had this problem much until recently.

mocha should instantly be above ven imo
Haha I'm not very good. At least ven doesn't SD a lot xD

Akashi

Smash Lord
RizenZelda vs Arwing(Lucas) wifi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8KfGvoLAxs
RizenZelda vs Akashi(Falco)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhbt7GQUiZw
Ganon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gwFIaXB9Zs
RizenZelda vs unknown5(Link)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XR2LvoqaQY

(These were my good matches vs these players, my bad ones were much worse)
You lost almost every match against me except 3 out of 15 or so. You should really upload matches of you losing, because I guarantee you'll learn more

Rizen

Smash Legend
You lost almost every match against me except 3 out of 15 or so. You should really upload matches of you losing, because I guarantee you'll learn more
I won about 1 of 3 but that's not important. The reason I submitted those is because I felt like I played best in those. I try not to submit replays of my first time using Zelda vs whatever character.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
NLL: Happy Smashgiving! 11/20 Orlando, FL
Doubles: [Gentle Retreat] 5th out of 16 (teamed with Trump :fox:)
Singles: 13th out of 38
Pools: 2nd of 6 (10-3 overall)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=314499

In teams I almost exclusively went Zelda except against one team that I knew was gonna rush me down lol. As far as singles, I'm both satisfied and disappointed. Did well in pools but felt like I drowned after going 0-2 in bracket. To be fair, good losses against Ryo and 4GOD but I just had such higher expectations, so I really beat myself up after. Just gonna make me get stronger for APEX!

Top Bottom