• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tap Trial Dancer - Rhythm Girl Beats the Beat

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Well, if spirits are something to pay attention to, her absence is notable and a bit suspicious.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Well, if spirits are something to pay attention to, get absence is notable and a bit suspicious.
Well, if I'm being honest? I don't necessarily buy into that whole 'Spirits deconfirm' idea (or I at least want Nintendo give an official word on that first), but you're right about how it's rather odd how Rhythm Girl (one of Rhythm Heaven's 'mascots') doesn't even appear as a Spirit...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'll be taking this topic back.

And yes, I'll add anyone else new on the list.

KatKit

Smash Lord
And then there were 22. Add me please! I prefer her over the chorus kids TBH, but any Rhythm Heaven rep is long overdue.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Considering Delzethin's recent Smash video, do you all think Ms. Rhythm could work as the 'encompassing' character for a hypothetical Rhythm League character?

By the way, when I say 'encompassing character', think of the dog from Duck Hunt being the one you mainly control.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Considering Delzethin's recent Smash video, do you all think Ms. Rhythm could work as the 'encompassing' character for a hypothetical Rhythm League character?

By the way, when I say 'encompassing character', think of the dog from Duck Hunt being the one you mainly control.
Perhaps, if not to seem too similar to the Wii Fit Trainer I guess. She has appeared in artwork for the first three games and is the Tap Trial character. Plus she's not a spirit. Also this artwork someone did:

https://www.deviantart.com/pavlovs-walrus/art/Rhythm-Troupe-Smashified-536965341

Really, I'm up for anyone from RH at this point.

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
Rhythm Girl vs Ribbon Girl only on SSB6

Sounds epic to me. Count me in as a supporter.

Does she not have a name? Or even a possible name? Miss Rhythm doesn’t sound too bad

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I know it's been a while, but I just had to share this:

It really brings a bit of joy to my heart that anyone out there still considers Ms. Rhythm enough of a plausible RH rep for Smash to ask for a commission of her like this.

Last edited:

merchantofsalt

Smash Apprentice
I fully support Rhythm Girl, Rhythm Heaven really got the shaft in terms of Smash representation. Give me a Nintendo Ladies character pack with her, Impa, and Twintelle.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I fully support Rhythm Girl, Rhythm Heaven really got the shaft in terms of Smash representation. Give me a Nintendo Ladies character pack with her, Impa, and Twintelle.
I don't really see Ms. Rhythm as part of a pack, but as an individual DLC release character. (Although, if I'm being realistic, I expect her to be more likely for a Smash game's BASE roster rather than DLC).

KatKit

Smash Lord
R.O.B. dabbing while he sinks lightens the mood of an otherwise bad scenario.

I think Ms. Rhythm throwing up jazz hands would be similarly humorous (if not more so) with the bonus of being in-character. Not dark at all per se, but more of an easter egg that gives her personality.

Anyway, I'll probably try to come up with a moveset concept like I did for the Savvy Stylist.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
R.O.B. dabbing while he sinks lightens the mood of an otherwise bad scenario.

I think Ms. Rhythm throwing up jazz hands would be similarly humorous (if not more so) with the bonus of being in-character. Not dark at all per se, but more of an easter egg that gives her personality.

Anyway, I'll probably try to come up with a moveset concept like I did for the Savvy Stylist.
Wait, R.O.B. was dabbing this whole time? In fact, is that supposed to be dabbing? Personally, I just don't see it.

This being said, I agree that Ms. Rhythm throwing up jazz hands would be really funny. In fact, when I mentioned it being 'dark, yet hilarious' I basically meant it'd be an interesting case of 'Black Comedy' for Smash.

Also, I can't wait to see what moveset you come up with for her!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
So, with Byleth being a 1st party character added as DLC, what do you all think of Rhythm Heaven's chances now?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Actually, I've been wondering... if Ms. Rhythm WAS a Spirit, who do you think she would possess? Personally, I see her possessing a Princess Peach clone, accompanied by two default-colored Diddy Kongs. I don't know who could represent the giraffe though...

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Rhythm Girl is absolutely my choice for an RH rep, mostly because I want more female Smash characters who aren’t conventionally attractive - RG’s body is literally a rectangle so she’s a perfect fit there - but another reason is a sentiment I’ve seen before, might have been on this thread, that she’s such a simple (admittedly generic) character that she could really do almost anything from the RH games and not have it look out of place.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Chorus Kids will always be my babies, but I support just about anyone who can finally provide Rhythm Heaven with the love it deserves. I feel like a hypocrite saying that I'll take ANY character or "rep" since I'm such an advocate for strong defined characters in Smash, but with Rhythm Heaven I believe the charisma of the series will instantly give anyone who they decide to go with a personality and flair all their own.

I think the Rhythm Girl would be a good choice. She's similarly a blank slate like the post above mentioned, she's cute and some variation of her appears quite frequently, even though it differs (just more alt costume options). And if we're taking Tap Trial as a major source of inspiration, she may be able to summon little monkey helpers. Yes please.

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Chorus Kids will always be my babies, but I support just about anyone who can finally provide Rhythm Heaven with the love it deserves. I feel like a hypocrite saying that I'll take ANY character or "rep" since I'm such an advocate for strong defined characters in Smash, but with Rhythm Heaven I believe the charisma of the series will instantly give anyone who they decide to go with a personality and flair all their own.

I think the Rhythm Girl would be a good choice. She's similarly a blank slate like the post above mentioned, she's cute and some variation of her appears quite frequently, even though it differs (just more alt costume options). And if we're taking Tap Trial as a major source of inspiration, she may be able to summon little monkey helpers. Yes please.
I have to agree here. I wouldn't have taken any Castlevania "Rep" over Simon, or any Pokémon "Rep" over Mewtwo's Return in Smash, but RH is the one case where i can safely say i would be okay with almost everyone, RH being playable would be fine enough by me.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Rhythm Girl is absolutely my choice for an RH rep, mostly because I want more female Smash characters who aren’t conventionally attractive - RG’s body is literally a rectangle so she’s a perfect fit there - but another reason is a sentiment I’ve seen before, might have been on this thread, that she’s such a simple (admittedly generic) character that she could really do almost anything from the RH games and not have it look out of place.

I have to agree here. I wouldn't have taken any Castlevania "Rep" over Simon, or any Pokémon "Rep" over Mewtwo's Return in Smash, but RH is the one case where i can safely say i would be okay with almost everyone, RH being playable would be fine enough by me.
As everyone else has said so far, I'd be fine with just about ANYONE from Rhythm Heaven joining Smash, but Rhythm Girl would certainly seem generic enough that nearly any attack she uses would be fitting to look at. There's also the bonus of her having multiple options for different costumes AND hairstyles too.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
The tweet seems to be deleted
Hmm... that's odd. Here, let me trying embedding it again. Alright, it should be good now.

Still, should we look into changing up the name of this support thread? Also, should we all just agree at this point that the different females seen with her general design are ALL the same girl? Cause it's REALY looking like that now...

Last edited:
Top Bottom