• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Swiss Thread

Cos.

Smash Journeyman
I decided to do something I should have done about four years ago, wenn the Pal version of SSBM had come out. My lack of action deprived Switzerland of some good smash playing. (possibly :psycho: ) .

Switzerland might be a small country (so are the Netherlands... ;) ), but they have in certain proven in certain areas, that they have winning characteristics. Maybe that also goes for SSBM.

I could talk swollen a bit more, but I don't think I will. Maybe some of the few Swiss Smashers will write here, and maybe some of our neighbors (France, Italy, Germany, Austria) will have a peek by in this thread (a tourney of these countries in Switzerland would be a good idea ;) ). Hopefully, we'll still organize a tournament here, before SSBR... you never know.

Have fun writing
(Switzerland is cool because it has four national languages (English not being one :psycho: )... German, Italian, French and Retoromanic ( ;) ) , interesting, huh? :laugh: )

Paper

Smash Rookie
hay that's cool i always thought i'm the only swiss here^_^ i hope the things u wrote will happen, like organize tournaments and stuff but we will see and wait for other swiss smashers.

Catdog

Smash Rookie
I have a freind in switzerland and he is one fo the best smash players you will ever meet.

Paper

Smash Rookie
great he has MSN or ICQ?? gimme it please^^ as long his name isn't Bigmess i don't know ,,good'' players in switzerland xD

Cos.

Smash Journeyman
Yes, more Swiss :) (Okay, maybe I'm not Swiss, but living here all these years, I almost count myself as one)
*Does joy dance*

Wow, soon will have gathered, in and off forum, enough people for a Swiss tournament :chuckle: .

Das hät doch de Herr Paper immer welle, oder? Nu, mir chönnd jetzt mal luege wis witergaht... Sobald ich wieder mis MSN chan bruuche, tuesch mich informiere ;) .

*Freu*

Enough non-English comments.

Catdog

Smash Rookie
kool my friend just got back fomr a trip around euro and i told him about the site so he should be online to post really soon.

Paper

Smash Rookie
he wants a smashfest^^

i'm there!!!

Where?
When?

dark scyther is from the italian part of switzerland so u need to speak italian or english

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
Yay more smashers in Europe!

I'd say, host some tournament in Switzerland, maybe somewhere this fall, I bet a lot of European smashers will come, as long as it's big enough.

Such as myself. I've never been to Switzerland ^^

Paper

Smash Rookie
well helios :/ i won't come. I have to work >.< and for Cos. i don't know he didn't told me anything about sweden.

well if there would be enough players that would com to switzerland i guess Cos. and I would organize something^^ but first i need to talk with him and maybe darkscyther.

Paper

Smash Rookie
well i guess maybe in a year again? same time, same place xD well if Cos. or someone else would come with me i would go again, but getting owned alone is boring^^ so i just need to know it early enough cuz of work >.>

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
Paper said:
well i guess maybe in a year again? same time, same place xD well if Cos. or someone else would come with me i would go again, but getting owned alone is boring^^ so i just need to know it early enough cuz of work >.>
We'll let you know if there's ever an ATM4 coming ^^

Cos.

Smash Journeyman
After some thought (and quite a few nudgings), some of (two) Swiss Smashers have thought a bit more about hosting a tournament towards... I suppose a heart of Europe tournament for the dusk of smash (at least SSBM).
Though we've put some thought into it, we thought we'd rather first ask how many people would be interested in traveling to Switzerland for a tourney (as we then need to somewhat think about lodgings).
... Otherwise I'm sure we'd be able to gather enough Swiss players anyhow.
Until now we had the idea of having this tournament sometime after the 9th of October.
I guess will see how people react to this thread while we plan on.

(... uhgn... I need to recruit Swiss Smashers that are good at organising things :lick: )

Swiss Falco

Smash Apprentice
Smash City - Swiss Smash Forums
(klick pls)

most of the users, which posted in this thread already joined Smash City (c). Nevertheless I post this link for all newcomers in Switzerland. We're organizing the first Swiss tounament, it's probably next month. The first Smash and the City will be a Swiss ony tournament. The second (not a known date) all smashers in the world will be invited. Yeah that's the update of this thread.

Swiss Falco

Smash Apprentice
we've quite touble with the organisation. the time is everytime the problem, we're really afraid. So we don't know the date of Satc2... Satc1 will probably proceed at the 4. or the 11. of august.

Swiss Falco

Smash Apprentice
yeah the tournement will proceed at the 11. of aug. I'm incredibly curious too ^^ and I think we'll meet very soon... before satc2 I think.

greez X-Blaze

Swiss Falco

Smash Apprentice
okay dudes! the first tourny happened... and I'm very proud to announce the second one:

Smash City presents an original Swiss Tournament:

Xmash Festival Zurich

The Organisators:

X-Blaze: Contactperson, Publisher, Mainorganisator
AE.: (Material-)Organisator

The Date:

XFZ will be (quite sure) between X-Mas and new year. About at 12:00 the room will be open probably. In the afternoon (about 15:00) will be the Low-Tier tournament and in the evening (about 20:00) will be the team tournament. Anytime on the next day, probably about 11:00 will be the singels tournament.

The Localisation:

Switzerland
Zurich City
Letzigraben

The tournament will take place in a little, not incredibly noble flat, anywhere in the middle of the biggest town of Switzerland – in Zurich City. Actually there will be continual freeplay, 24h a day, so you won’t need to sleep if you don’t wanna. But because I’ll need my sleep there’s a tiny room where about 3 people can sleep. (If more than 3 people wanna sleep, they will have to sleep in the gaming-room *nastylaughs*. No just kidding, this is quite normal for a smashtourney, so don’t worry)
Maybe AE. can look for somebody who cooks, so we would have food inside of the room. Otherwise you’ll have to buy something outside, but this won’t be a really problem, because in Zurich you have enough options to eat properly. Maybe HE will cook, but then I advise you to eat anywhere else
No, he’s a really good cook (His pizza is so tasty, mmh ;))

Okay, now about the question how to get there. I belive you will find the right train to Zurich HB. When you get there, the most difficult part will come: Getting to the right tram. You have to take the tramline 3 next to the MC Donald’s at the „Bahnhofstrasse“. Ask any people to get there. If that fails, you can call us. When you are in the tram you have to drive to the stop „Hubertus“. There we expect you. (You have to call)

General Stuff:

You should bring:
- Your own controller
- Maybe sleep stuff, but I don’t think so
- Enogh money
- Personal belongings

The Rules:

Singels:

Bracket: Double Elimination
Sets: Start best of 3; Rest best of 5; Finals best of 7

Stock: 4
Items: Off
Time Limit: 8 min

Wobbling: Not allowed

Double Blind Pick: On
Advanced Slob Picks: On
Daves Stupid Rule: On
Stage Banning: Unclear

Random Stages: FD, PS, DL64, FoD, YS
Counterpick Stages: Princess Peache´s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Corneria, Rainbow Ride, Jungle Japes, Brinstar, Onett, Mute City, Battlefield, Kongo Jungle 64

Low-Tier:

Allowed Chars: (Link, Luigi,) Yoshi, Roy, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Young Link, Mr. Game & Watch, Zelda, Ness, Bowser, Kirby, Pichu, Mewtwo

Random Stages: FD, PS, DL64, FoD, YS
Counterpick Stages: Princess Peache´s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Corneria, Rainbow Ride, Jungle Japes, Brinstar, Onett, Mute City, Battlefield, Kongo Jungle 64

Doubles:

Friendly Fire: On

Random Stages: FD, PS, DL64, KJ64, YS
Counterpick Stages: Princess Peache´s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Corneria, Rainbow Ride, Jungle Japes, Brinstar, Onett, Mute City, Battlefield

The Money

Entrance will be 20 SFr. If there's a pot, you will have to pay for it too. About the food you have to talk with AE xD

The Material

AE's Thread: http://smashcity.beerdrinkers.eu/forum/thread.php?threadid=45&sid=

The Players:

>95%

X-Blaze, Falco, Zurich
AE, Samus, Zurich
Darkscyther, Doc, Tessin
$hYne, *****, Freiburg im Breissgau (Ger)
Yomi-no-Happy, Shiek, Freiburg im Breissgau (Ger)
MUGG, Falco, Freiburg im Breissgau (Ger)
lexxil, Falco, Freiburg im Breissgau (Ger)
shyo, Ice Climbers, Stuttgard (Ger)
Ken, Ganondorf, Phillipins o_O
Germann, Shiek, Genf
Math, Fox, Genf
Prinz Peach, Peach, Zurich

Interested/Unclear:

Nik, Jiggs, Freiburg im Breissgau (Ger)
Optimus_Prime, Samus, Basel
Sax, ,Tessin
Foociland, Fox, Tessin
PK, Link, Zurich
Mirc-o, CF, Zurich
KMA, , Genf
XAV, , Genf
Muta, , Genf

Unknown

Alain, Falco, Tessin
Ciulpa, Falco, Tessin
Syerd, All, Zurich
Dani, Fox, Zurich
Paper, Falco, SG

Greez XB

AE.

Smash Cadet
little update: 21.11.07

Smash City presents an original Swiss Tournament:

Xmash Festival Zurich

The Organisators:

X-Blaze: Publisher, Organisator
AE.: (Material-)Organisator

Dudes, talk to me to tell me your arrival time or to ask me any questions, which are NOT about money or material stuff. About those you have to talk to AE!

The Date:

Opening: 13:00, 28.12.07
Finish: about 19:00, 29.7.07

XFZ will be between X-Mas and new year. At the 28.12.07 and the 29.12.07. About at 13:00 the room will be open probably. In the afternoon (about 15:00) will be the Low-Tier tournament and in the evening (about 20:00) will be the team tournament. Anytime on the next day, probably about 11:00 will be the singels tournament.

The Localisation:

Switzerland
Zurich City
Letzigraben

The tournament will take place in a little, not incredibly noble flat, anywhere in the middle of the biggest town of Switzerland – in Zurich City. Actually there will be continual freeplay, 24h a day, so you won’t need to sleep if you don’t wanna. But because I’ll need my sleep there’s a tiny room where can sleep about 3 people. (If more than 3 people wanna sleep, they will have to sleep in the gaming-room *nastylaughs*)
Maybe AE. can look for somebody who cooks, so we would have food inside of the room. Otherwise you’ll have to buy something outside, but this won’t be a really problem, because in Zurich you have enough options to eat properly. Maybe HE will cook, but then I advise you to eat anywhere else No, he’s a really good cook (His pizza is so tasty, mmh wink)

Okay, now about the question how to get there. I belive you will find the right train to Zurich HB. When you get there, the most difficult part will come: Getting to the right tram. You have to take the tramline 3 next to the MC Donald’s at the „Bahnhofstrasse“. Ask any people to get there. If that fails, you can call us. When you are in the tram you have to drive to the stop „Hubertus“. There we expect you. (You have to call)

The Things You'll Need:

You should bring:
- Your own controller
- Maybe sleep stuff, but I don’t think so
- Enough money
- Personal belongings

The Rules:

Singels:

Stage Banning: Off

Random Stages: FD, PS, DL64, FoD, YS, BF
Counterpick Stages: Princess Peache´s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Corneria, Rainbow Ride, Jungle Japes, Brinstar, Onett, Mute City, Kongo Jungle 64

Low-Tier:

Allowed Chars: Link, Luigi, Yoshi, Roy, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Young Link, Mr. Game & Watch, Zelda, Ness, Bowser, Kirby, Pichu, Mewtwo

Random Stages: FD, PS, DL64, FoD, YS, BF
Counterpick Stages: Princess Peache´s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Corneria, Rainbow Ride, Jungle Japes, Brinstar, Onett, Mute City, Kongo Jungle 64

Doubles:

Friendly Fire: On

Random Stages: FD, PS, DL64, YS

The Money

Entrance will be about 20 SFr. About what the food will cost and for any other material questions you have to talk with AE.

Potsize will be in

Singels 3Fr /person (=2€),
Lowtier 2Fr /person,
Teams 2Fr /person and
Crews 4Fr /crew (Freeplay)

The Material

AE's Thread: http://smashcity.beerdrinkers.eu/forum/t...hreadid=45&sid=

The MMs & Crewbattles

Official Money Matches:

AE (Samus) vs. Päbl (Samus), Bo?, 20 Fr.
AE (Fox) vs. Yomi (Fox), Bo5, 3 Fr.
X-Blaze (Falco) vs Yomi (DK), Bo3, Swiss Cheesburger xD
P!z@ F@c€ (Peach) vs. $hYne (?), Bo5, 5 Fr.
AE (YLink) vs. Darkie (YLink), Bo5, a Beer ^_^

Official Crewbattles (Freeplay)

Royal Flush ($hYne, lexxil, MUGG, Yomi) vs. any Swiss crew (AE, Darkscyther, Alain, X-Blaze)

[Syerd is also a member of the Swiss crew. But I'm afraid he will be absent at XFZ]

The Players:

>95%

X-Blaze, Falco, Zurich
AE, God****!, Zurich
Darkscyther, Doc, Lugano
$hYne, *****, BaWü (Ger)
Yomi-no-Happy, Shiek, BaWü (Ger)
MUGG, Falco, BaWü (Ger)
lexxil, Falco, (Ger)
shyo, Ice Climbers, Stuttgard (BaWü, Ger)
Ken, Ganondorf, Phillipins o_O
Germann, Shiek, Geneva
Matth, Fox, Geneva
P!z@ F@c€, Peach, Zurich
Alain, Shiek, Lugano
Mirc-o, CF, St. Gall
Paper, Falco, St. Gall
Madnexx, Kirby, Limburg (Bel)
Päbl, Samus, Basel
Jet, Marth, Dijon (Fra)
Aka-planta, Samus, Fleurier (Ne)
Onimanta, Ness, Fleurier (Ne)